Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
12 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Plot ideas and suggestions, Get help and help each over
Emp
post Dec 22 2008, 12:18 PM
Post #1

Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1 348

Active Squad

If anyone has any ideas for a new role-play, or any problems with a current role-play, post your details here – and we’ll all try and help develop ideas into some pretty good role-plays. We’re all here to help each over, and I’m sure we can create better RP’s if we work as a team.

Here’s an example of what this thread is for:

Member A:
I have an idea for an RP. It’d involve the Team Galactic enquiring Dialga to go back in time and stop certain events from happening. A group of Pokémon rangers manage to team up with Celebi to go back in time and stop Team Galactic. The RP would be set in many different era’s in time.

Member B:
Member B would rate the idea and it’s potential. If member A is stuck with the plot, Member B would give certain suggestions to make it better. With the help of other Members, Member A would have a pretty good role-play in his/her hands.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

ShayminLover
post Dec 22 2008, 12:22 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3 357

Active Squad

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I think it is...

I've always wanted to start a RP about humans, who turn into a Pokemon. But i'm having trouble thinking of something that would happen when they've turned into Pokemon... unsure.gif

--------------------

By GigaKnight
+Quote Post

Emp
post Dec 22 2008, 12:39 PM
Post #3

Elite Four
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(ShayminLover @ Dec 22 2008, 05:22 PM) *

This is exactly the place to post this nod.gif

Where do I start? Well, I think the concept sounds ok, there aren’t many Pokemon RP’s around here. There was Shadows of War although with Smythy going inactive, I doubt it’ll be around for much longer. So, yes, there’s always room for this kind of role-play here ^-^

As for the plot, I’m kind of stumped at how and why people would turn into Pokemon. Is this set in the Mystery Dungeon world? Y’know, where Pokémon and people live in separate worlds? If so, I guess you’d need a powerful being (either a protagonist or antagonist), such as Arceus or Giratina, to turn people into Pokemon. Perhaps there is trouble in the Pokémon world and they need our help.

I can’t think of that much, hopefully others can help ^-^

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

TQQ
post Dec 22 2008, 01:24 PM
Post #4

Justin
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 244

Active Squad

I've been thinking of ripping off (of sorts) of FidelCastro's RP, i cannot remember the name, but it was the survival horror one. it isn't really going to be pokemon related, but im not sure how i would go along with this RP. from the looks of it, the only other zombie lover here is Jaima. "/ any ideas?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lester Burnham
post Dec 22 2008, 01:30 PM
Post #5

Look closer.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 72

Active Squad

Worthy enough of a pin.

As for ideas, I like the one Fidel had, but I myself never signed up for it. The humans to Pokemon one was one Squirtlecuno had forever ago, but he/she left and the RP died.

--------------------
[align=center]I am the earth-mother, and you are all flops.
[/align]
+Quote Post

TQQ
post Dec 22 2008, 01:45 PM
Post #6

Justin
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Julius Caesar @ Dec 22 2008, 01:30 PM) *
Worthy enough of a pin.

As for ideas, I like the one Fidel had, but I myself never signed up for it. The humans to Pokemon one was one Squirtlecuno had forever ago, but he/she left and the RP died.

that was... shadow cloud, i believe. it had potential, but it was way to inactive.

im going to change a few things if i plan on the Survival Horror RP, there was just a hint of unrealism (even for a survival horror RP).

--------------------

+Quote Post

Emp
post Dec 22 2008, 01:55 PM
Post #7

Elite Four
Group Icon

Active Squad

I’d look forward to RPing in a Dawn of The Dead-style RP, although I think interest by other members would peak if it included Pokémon – but I’d prefer it without. I think the main reason there wasn’t much interest in Fidel’s was because of its lack of Pokémon. This led to a few of the more mature role-players joining, but the less mature ones staying clear. It’s obviously better to have about 6 mature RPers than 12 people who can barely type a decent sentence. It’d be nice to have things like zombie Omastar, rabidly eating humans, but people would just go crazy with using their Pokémon as nothing less than tools. It’d rather shot-gun that Omastar than send a Pikachu at it with Thunder Bolt.

As for the plot, I think you should make it similar to the popular Zombie films, they’d be good to RP in happy.gif

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

ShayminLover
post Dec 22 2008, 02:12 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3 357

Active Squad

QUOTE(EmpoleonDynamite @ Dec 22 2008, 05:39 PM) *
QUOTE(ShayminLover @ Dec 22 2008, 05:22 PM) *

This is exactly the place to post this nod.gif

Where do I start? Well, I think the concept sounds ok, there aren’t many Pokemon RP’s around here. There was Shadows of War although with Smythy going inactive, I doubt it’ll be around for much longer. So, yes, there’s always room for this kind of role-play here ^-^

As for the plot, I’m kind of stumped at how and why people would turn into Pokemon. Is this set in the Mystery Dungeon world? Y’know, where Pokémon and people live in separate worlds? If so, I guess you’d need a powerful being (either a protagonist or antagonist), such as Arceus or Giratina, to turn people into Pokemon. Perhaps there is trouble in the Pokémon world and they need our help.

I can’t think of that much, hopefully others can help ^-^

nod.gif That's exactly it. I'd like it to be set in the Mystery Dungeon world, where there's trouble and the Pokemon need the help of 'ordinary' humans, therefore they're turned into Pokemon. I'm just having trouble thinking of.. the trouble, and to be honest, the whole plot. unsure.gif

--------------------

By GigaKnight
+Quote Post

Lester Burnham
post Dec 22 2008, 07:16 PM
Post #9

Look closer.
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(EmpoleonDynamite @ Dec 22 2008, 01:55 PM) *
I'd look forward to RPing in a Dawn of The Dead-style RP, although I think interest by other members would peak if it included Pokémon – but I'd prefer it without. I think the main reason there wasn't much interest in Fidel's was because of its lack of Pokémon. This led to a few of the more mature role-players joining, but the less mature ones staying clear. It's obviously better to have about 6 mature RPers than 12 people who can barely type a decent sentence. It'd be nice to have things like zombie Omastar, rabidly eating humans, but people would just go crazy with using their Pokémon as nothing less than tools. It'd rather shot-gun that Omastar than send a Pikachu at it with Thunder Bolt.

As for the plot, I think you should make it similar to the popular Zombie films, they'd be good to RP in happy.gif

I'd join a non-pokemon RP, and I think it's good to have an RP where only "the best" would be in it.

--------------------
[/align]
+Quote Post

TQQ
post Dec 22 2008, 08:40 PM
Post #10

Justin
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Julius Caesar @ Dec 22 2008, 07:16 PM) *
I'd look forward to RPing in a Dawn of The Dead-style RP, although I think interest by other members would peak if it included Pokémon – but I'd prefer it without. I think the main reason there wasn't much interest in Fidel's was because of its lack of Pokémon. This led to a few of the more mature role-players joining, but the less mature ones staying clear. It's obviously better to have about 6 mature RPers than 12 people who can barely type a decent sentence. It'd be nice to have things like zombie Omastar, rabidly eating humans, but people would just go crazy with using their Pokémon as nothing less than tools. It'd rather shot-gun that Omastar than send a Pikachu at it with Thunder Bolt.

As for the plot, I think you should make it similar to the popular Zombie films, they'd be good to RP in happy.gif

I'd join a non-pokemon RP, and I think it's good to have an RP where only "the best" would be in it.

speaking of which, i know im not the best RP'r, but i think i can hold my own in a good RP. ^_^.gif

@ED: i was actually thinking of it being a Dawn of the dead type base storyline. more accurately, sort of like, human raids on infected cities, clearing them out, etc; trying not to go as the helpless survivor type thing, that gets played out too much.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lester Burnham
post Dec 22 2008, 09:00 PM
Post #11

Look closer.
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(TQQ @ Dec 22 2008, 08:40 PM) *

speaking of which, i know im not the best RP'r, but i think i can hold my own in a good RP. ^_^.gif

@ED: i was actually thinking of it being a Dawn of the dead type base storyline. more accurately, sort of like, human raids on infected cities, clearing them out, etc; trying not to go as the helpless survivor type thing, that gets played out too much.

Isn't that kinda like 28 Days/Weeks later?

--------------------
[/align]
+Quote Post

Charlemagne
post Dec 22 2008, 09:03 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 916

Pwnzorz

I signed up for Fidel's RP. Hang on...yep, still have the character on my flashdrive. I'll edit him if you start another.

--------------------
Come chill here!!

In case you were wondering, my wifi works now, at least until it's fucked up again. And for the most part, I am a technopeasant, internet related things above all.

FC: 0473 6684 5166
Name: ETHAN

I claim , because it's KA.

Read a book. It's good for you. Chris Crutcher, John Scalzi, Steven E. Ambrose, Isaac Asimov, Alastair Reynolds. Seriously people. Educate yourselves.

And by the way, should you need a trainer sprite, go to EmpoleonDynamite, who made my awesome sprite.
+Quote Post

TQQ
post Dec 22 2008, 09:31 PM
Post #13

Justin
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Julius Caesar @ Dec 22 2008, 09:00 PM) *
QUOTE(TQQ @ Dec 22 2008, 08:40 PM) *

Isn't that kinda like 28 Days/Weeks later?

well, actually, it is like neither. in the first one, they were trying to escape. they played the movie off as a survivors trying to live senario. in the second one, the military had already cleared out major parts of the country and were repopulating, but once again all hell broke loose. try thinking the period in between were the military had intervened and started clearing up the U.K, that is about were i am trying to base this RP. (not in the 28 days/weeks later story line of course)

on a side note, this topic apparently turned to zombies.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Killer Knuckles ...
post Mar 8 2009, 07:14 PM
Post #14

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 488

Active Squad

I have a good idea

OK here goes, Youre recruited for the army in the middle ages during the crusades. So you and your trusty pokemon have to defeat every obstacle in your way.

You only get your choice of one pokemon nothing over 25, no legends, no shinies.
You start with one leather armor kit and one choice of a bronze weapon, Upgrades as your journey continues

So ideas are open
and a storyline

This post has been edited by PsycoKitten: Mar 8 2009, 07:14 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

dteice
post Mar 13 2009, 07:24 PM
Post #15

Evil Marshmellows from Neptune
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 251

Ralts...Destroy!!!

I have an idea for an RP! how about you are a soul reaper like in Bleach or something and you choose your Zanpakto and stuff....but the questions are:

1. do enough people even know what bleach is?

2. Would anyone be willing to sign up for it.

3. Would anyone be willing to start and overlook it and stuff (because i cant have that kind of responsibility pinch.gif)

--------------------
Edge and Rydia (click to show)

GTS+ Gym badges (click to show)

Did not know:
that Poison was weak against Ground
Gust was a Normal type move in Generation 1
Slash has a 60% crit. rate in gen 1 when it was only supposed to be 30%
Cut (The HM01 move) can be used in the overworld to clear tall grass in Generations 1-3

think you know something i wouldn't about pokemon tell me and I'll add it here! grin.gif ^_^.gif
+Quote Post

Darrett
post Apr 3 2009, 04:57 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 799

Active Squad

Well, I've developed this idea a lot, but it's never garnered much interest. Any tips on how to get members?

It's a long thingy. (click to show)

--------------------

I warm/feed back any users who warm/feed mine (correct berries), so long as it's before 10:30 EST (-5:00) See the journal for click policy info.
Currently working toward gym achievements.
+Quote Post

Volkner
post Apr 17 2009, 11:36 AM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 12 302

Active Squad

Alright, so I was pondering this for a while after I joined the forum and found that there was an RP Thread as well to post in. I haven't exactly browsed through the different threads that have been started but I was wondering if there have been any RPs concerning Gym Leaders. I don't know what the protocol is for role-playing canon characters, and if it's not possible, I'll drop the whole idea without a second thought; ..but if there is a chance to do something like that, I was wondering if anyone could help me build off of that. There's plenty of people on this forum that are more than likely playing as a customized trainer character, so perhaps we can create a group of people for the D/P/Pl. series, that is, a group of gym leaders?

If this idea doesn't fly though, I'll bring up another idea that's been itching to fly.
Thanks for your time, and I hope to get a response sometime from any of you.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Thornstar
post May 3 2009, 09:42 PM
Post #18

Tastes like AGONY
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 777

Platinum Team

QUOTE(Darrett @ Apr 3 2009, 03:57 PM) *
Well, I've developed this idea a lot, but it's never garnered much interest. Any tips on how to get members?

It's a long thingy. (click to show)

This actually sounds like a good idea :3

Aaaaah Brendan you give me back my Lugia >(

This post has been edited by Thornstar: May 3 2009, 09:42 PM

--------------------
My Party

My Scroll

Claimage (click to show)

Favorite Quotes/Images/Whatever of the Now (click to show)
+Quote Post

HeroHikara
post May 13 2009, 10:32 PM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 513

Shoddy Team

QUOTE(Volkner @ Apr 17 2009, 11:36 AM) *
Alright, so I was pondering this for a while after I joined the forum and found that there was an RP Thread as well to post in. I haven't exactly browsed through the different threads that have been started but I was wondering if there have been any RPs concerning Gym Leaders. I don't know what the protocol is for role-playing canon characters, and if it's not possible, I'll drop the whole idea without a second thought; ..but if there is a chance to do something like that, I was wondering if anyone could help me build off of that. There's plenty of people on this forum that are more than likely playing as a customized trainer character, so perhaps we can create a group of people for the D/P/Pl. series, that is, a group of gym leaders?

If this idea doesn't fly though, I'll bring up another idea that's been itching to fly.
Thanks for your time, and I hope to get a response sometime from any of you.

That's an idea I can get behind, I've always liked the idea of life for a gym leader. I mean, in D/P/Pt we see that they have lives outside their gym (Even in S/R/E we know that at least one gym leader has a kid.) I've always wondered if they've got their own special sort of get together, or what they do when they're "off duty." Do they get breaks and vacations? Do they ever actually sleep?

Another idea of mine is based of G/S/C, because I really liked the idea of traveling to the other reigions and taking part in their Gym Competitions. It'd also have a few additions from R/S/E. (The contests! I love the contests!) Two or three teams (Heroes, Rivals, and whatever cheesy villain team we go with) are all travling together. We have the pokemon Trainer (IE: Ash, Gary (Both from Anime)), the Pokemon Breeder (IE: Brock (Anime)), the Contest goer (Ie: Jesse, May (both from the Anime)) and more. The difference is you're all going from reigon to reigon, and you're origional character. I'm thinking your moral code is based off what team you're in. The Heroes obviously never cheat, the villains obviously cheat all the time. Rivals are more neutral. Like Good, Neutral, and Evil in DnD.

But that's just my idea.

--------------------

I don't even know why I change this. My party is constantly changing.
When I'm online, I always click back in full, be you a one-clicker or a full-party clicker. It's all points to me
+Quote Post

Kyrii
post May 16 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 334

Pals For Life!

Hi, I wanted to make an rp...but I don't want to do anything that's already been done on this forum. So...help? x-x

--------------------

I Click Back!

Party Pokes!
EGGIES!
SHINY EEVEE HUNTING~! grin.gif

The Pokepals

Daycare
(To be updated later.)
+Quote Post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 10:11 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.