Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
142 Pages V  « < 33 34 35 36 37 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
GPX+ Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
Cytosine
post Jun 23 2018, 08:01 PM
Post #681

shloop
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 37 706

swabbies

QUOTE(Mamanator @ Jun 21 2018, 05:25 PM) *
That's got me thinking... wondering... though. Anybody out here doll out nicknames to their in-game Pokemon as a standard practice? If so, what "formulas" do you use? Do you stick with your native tongue or find others more appealing? Or do you just use names from either real life, movies, or books?

I also tend to nickname most of my Pokemon: if it's a new pokemon I haven't caught yet, then I tend to nickname it. If I'm breeding a whole bunch of stuff or breeding for a shiny or competitive mon, however, then I don't nickname extras. I tend to nickname based whatever is happening to me in that exact moment. So I have some weird names like Algebra the Ho-oh, Splat2n the Mamoswine, or Starboy the Clefable.

Also I got a PM that it's my 9 year anniversary. Woooooooooo! That's honestly ridiculous.

--------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Jun 23 2018, 09:37 PM
Post #682

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

QUOTE(Luneon @ Jun 23 2018, 12:33 PM) *
QUOTE(AregularFrankiefan @ Jun 21 2018, 05:16 AM) *
The closest convention coming up that's even remotely near me is somewhere in Southern California, so about 6 hours away without traffic. Don't have a licence because I need other members of my family to physically be there when I get it for legal reasons and this year's been pretty hectic what with people going in and out of hospitals. It would take a while to walk.

Haven't seen anyone utilizing that option yet, didn't even know that sort of thing existed until today. Still, no one has it.

6 hours that would be like going from the north east side of my country all the way to france or spain by thalys train or so
yikes

I don't have a car either

Well, at least the train is probably more entertaining than walking? In a way. But yes, not too fun in any case. I've got a car, but it's currently not running and I'm not quite sure what's wrong with it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Jun 26 2018, 10:14 AM
Post #683

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

QUOTE(RicFule @ Jun 22 2018, 01:15 PM) *
I don't normally name any of my personal pokemon. I have given Ditto nicknames when I'm planning to WonderTrade/GTS them however. I will name them either: Clone, Mimeograph, Mimic, or Xerox.

And the shinies that I catch, I attempt to get them in Premier Balls if possible.

Nice! A Premier Ball, eh? I don't think I've ever used one of those. I thought my one daughter had told me that Premier balls were useless and wouldn't catch anything... but you're saying if the game deems me worthy... I can use the Premier ball on a shiny? Nice! I'll keep that in mind. happy.gif

If wonder trades were guarantee trades... I'd love to be guardian to one of your Mimeograph or Xeroxs! lol.gif That's a great idea!

And thank you to the others that commented on the nicknames. It's fun to see what others are doing in-game. And, Cytosine, laughing.gif that's a good one! I love Ho-Oh's nickname! Poor guy! It's a good thing Ho-Oh is supposed to be so fierce, eh? With a name like Algebra he's got to be tough! LOL

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

RicFule
post Jun 26 2018, 03:25 PM
Post #684

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(Mamanator @ Jun 26 2018, 10:14 AM) *
QUOTE(RicFule @ Jun 22 2018, 01:15 PM) *
I don't normally name any of my personal pokemon. I have given Ditto nicknames when I'm planning to WonderTrade/GTS them however. I will name them either: Clone, Mimeograph, Mimic, or Xerox.

And the shinies that I catch, I attempt to get them in Premier Balls if possible.

Nice! A Premier Ball, eh? I don't think I've ever used one of those. I thought my one daughter had told me that Premier balls were useless and wouldn't catch anything... but you're saying if the game deems me worthy... I can use the Premier ball on a shiny? Nice! I'll keep that in mind. happy.gif

Well, I think Premier Balls have the same catch rate as normal Poke Balls, so you probably don't WANT to attempt that on a really rare shiny. {Or have a ton of Premier Balls to use.} I just wish we could buy them in the Alola games, like we could in one of the earlier games.

--------------------
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Jun 26 2018, 05:08 PM
Post #685

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

Premier Balls actually look very nice aesthetically..But yeah, they have the same catch rate as a regular Poke Ball would. So unless you get lucky, you won't have many chances to successfully use them.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Jun 26 2018, 05:15 PM
Post #686

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

Thank you both for the 4-1-1. I think my current game might have 2 Premiere balls, but I don't know. I also might have sold them thinking they weren't of any use. Doh! That'll teach me for the future!

In other GPX related news... 3 of my 5 Pokemon are past the half way mark for the leveling up order. I appreciate those stopping by to assist. love.gif Maybe this won't be a 3 week endeavor for me after all. blush.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

RicFule
post Jun 26 2018, 09:22 PM
Post #687

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(Mamanator @ Jun 26 2018, 05:15 PM) *
Thank you both for the 4-1-1. I think my current game might have 2 Premiere balls, but I don't know. I also might have sold them thinking they weren't of any use. Doh! That'll teach me for the future!

In other GPX related news... 3 of my 5 Pokemon are past the half way mark for the leveling up order. I appreciate those stopping by to assist. love.gif Maybe this won't be a 3 week endeavor for me after all. blush.gif

Well, Premier Balls aren't too difficult to get: you just need to buy 10 Poke Balls at a time. For the most part. One generation, you could buy any ten balls at once, if I remember correctly. And in another one, you could buy them in the PokeBall shop? {It's been a while since I played the earlier games.}

--------------------
+Quote Post

Nivbird
post Jun 27 2018, 09:30 AM
Post #688

all we gotta do is be brave and be kind~
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 782

Wow, god bless. Took 10 days to finally finish task 11 in DotW. Now i can just go back to clickspam. And pokehunt.

This post has been edited by Nivbird: Jun 27 2018, 09:33 AM

--------------------

Shiny collection (click to show)
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Jun 27 2018, 12:05 PM
Post #689

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Nivbird @ Jun 27 2018, 07:30 AM) *
Wow, god bless. Took 10 days to finally finish task 11 in DotW. Now i can just go back to clickspam. And pokehunt.

I'm on day 7 myself. Kudos, Nivbird. I'm on your heels. LOL Just two more to go to reach the half way point. Hoping for a multiplier miracle. Ha ha ha.

*EDIT*
By the by, that's right, RicFule. I forgot. I don't know if I have to buy 10 of any single Poke ball, but I'll give it a whirl. I'm playing Sun at the moment and I'm just outside of the Mega Mart working on clearing the volcano area.

This post has been edited by Mamanator: Jun 27 2018, 12:06 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Jun 27 2018, 12:13 PM
Post #690

Smiting Fundamentalists since the 1980's.
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 334

Active Squad

Day 3 on Task 11. CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIN.

Kill me please. Lapras u man slut, y u not gain as much levels as Tropius?

--------------------
~~~~Credit goes to Commander Wymsy.

Important info about myself (click to show)
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Jun 28 2018, 11:44 AM
Post #691

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

Out of curiosity... do we have a Pokemon Go! thread in the forums somewhere? I just got back into playing that game and see that there are nice new features that weren't there before. love.gif But I figured if there is a spot out here that discusses and shares data then I'll add that thread to my daily visits here. wink.gif

GPX related... still weeding my way through the current DotW task. One last Pokemon trailing by 10 points and not yet half baked. Other than that lollygagger, things are progressing as expected. It'll definitely be more than ten days for me, but I think I should be able to finish before the SWSHy starts again. I think...

I'm also raising up a Poke Hunt entry that *might* win 3rd place. It'll be a stretch, but I think it's the last grass I'll be able to hatch seeing as I only have the one slot and I'm currently working on the current scavenger instead.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Jun 28 2018, 12:58 PM
Post #692

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Mamanator @ Jun 28 2018, 08:44 AM) *
Out of curiosity... do we have a Pokemon Go! thread in the forums somewhere? I just got back into playing that game and see that there are nice new features that weren't there before. love.gif But I figured if there is a spot out here that discusses and shares data then I'll add that thread to my daily visits here. wink.gif

GPX related... still weeding my way through the current DotW task. One last Pokemon trailing by 10 points and not yet half baked. Other than that lollygagger, things are progressing as expected. It'll definitely be more than ten days for me, but I think I should be able to finish before the SWSHy starts again. I think...

I'm also raising up a Poke Hunt entry that *might* win 3rd place. It'll be a stretch, but I think it's the last grass I'll be able to hatch seeing as I only have the one slot and I'm currently working on the current scavenger instead.

Not sure about the Go forums, I'd think that there'd be one floating around here by now considering the game's like 2 years old and people were floating ideas at the time.

DotW oh gads I better get these buggers out before then.

I won't get 3rd. Kinda went with the first thing that I hatched cause I couldn't be arsed with only 1 slot so I feel the pain haha. OTL.

Ah well I'm a masochist that way.

--------------------

+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Jun 28 2018, 11:12 PM
Post #693

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

Haven't seen any Pokemon Go threads so far, but maybe I'm just not looking in the right place. I'd offer to make one, but the "e-mail me of replies" option always seems to bug out for me and I never get notified. Only time I'll see a reply is if I happen to re-click on the thread by chance.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Alchemists Fire
post Jun 29 2018, 12:54 AM
Post #694

Companion Cube
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 246 334

Favourites

So are we just...not getting any multipliers this month? We used to get them every weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun) it seemed like, and I think I've maybe seen 1 or 2 multiplier days this whole month?

Would really help with this crazy "lvl 58" scavenger hunt tasks, I haven't managed to complete a task for like 3 days now.

--------------------
My Party:

Shiny Hunts (click to show)
+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Jun 29 2018, 09:25 AM
Post #695

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Alchemists Fire @ Jun 28 2018, 09:54 PM) *
So are we just...not getting any multipliers this month? We used to get them every weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun) it seemed like, and I think I've maybe seen 1 or 2 multiplier days this whole month?

Would really help with this crazy "lvl 58" scavenger hunt tasks, I haven't managed to complete a task for like 3 days now.

We got it like two weeks ago. I think people are out this week for the 4th of July weekend in the States. Plus it's summer, so people are out and vacationing in general around this time. July gets too hot in lots of places so people plan for June trips.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Nivbird
post Jun 29 2018, 09:51 AM
Post #696

all we gotta do is be brave and be kind~
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 782

QUOTE(Natsume Reiko @ Jun 29 2018, 05:25 PM) *
QUOTE(Alchemists Fire @ Jun 28 2018, 09:54 PM) *

We got it like two weeks ago. I think people are out this week for the 4th of July weekend in the States. Plus it's summer, so people are out and vacationing in general around this time. July gets too hot in lots of places so people plan for June trips.

Isn't Canada day on Sunday? Iirc that's celebrated here, too.

@Mamantor and @Natsume Reiko - you both can do it! And I agree, Lapras is a curse onto this task, uuuugh.

That said, the reason why I came here was to complain that after 20 minutes of searching the lab and shelter both I realized i have to breed my own scavenger hunt pokemon, hatch it, and then level it today, all after having gotten home from work. Really shows how much activity has decreased on this site. Not to mention we had this exact task with a lower level this month.
And I've missed 3 tasks this month already, mainly because I've been distracted by something in the evening. Two times I had the pokemon hatched and put in Pokewalker and... then went to bed without levelling them. Herpaderp.

This post has been edited by Nivbird: Jun 29 2018, 09:51 AM

--------------------

Shiny collection (click to show)
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Jun 29 2018, 11:02 AM
Post #697

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

TGIF All!

The dauntingness (is that even a word? LOL) continues, but all my Pokemon are now past that half way mark. Lapras is definitely lagging behind, but I have one that has less than 20 levels left to go. The light at the end of the tunnel is shining and I'm beginning to make out an opening that might be big enough for my party and I to squeeze on through it. laughing.gif

We have had a couple isolated multipliers recently and they were definitely helpful (I'm sure not just to me). The Plus Shelter sees stuck as it approaches a useful limit, but I'm not complaining because I'm grateful to those with the spare change to help us out at all with those. Things have gotten so super tight and Mr. Wonderful has been less than so it's been a struggle as of late. I know that the pressure is only fleeting and I look forward to when I can put this crunch behind us and enjoy the life style we had taken so much for granted. But, for now, I'm sad to say I can't assist with the multiplier avenues and thank those that have helped us get to the point we're at. I have a feeling we might have a single day multiplier coming up (hopefully, due to the end of the month or the upcoming holiday). If it's tomorrow it'll bite me in the foot as I have so much other things that will keep me away most of the day. But I plan to work my to do list so that I can (hopefully) finish the last scavenger hunt on a high note. I'm over 11 tasks completed but I won't have the 100% success rate this month either. Ugh!

And just when I thought putting one of the eligible Pokemon in the daycare would be the only way I could obtain the egg... as luck shined down... I found a manageable egg. So here's to hatching and leveling it up in the Poke Walker in time.

So off I go now to get a couple of things taken care of. I'll be in and out throughout the day. The end of this month is in site. We can do this!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Jun 29 2018, 01:55 PM
Post #698

Group Icon

Active Squad

@Nivbird: Ah yes Canada Day. I forgot about that. I haven't been in a State with lots of Canadians for a decade. The Midwest isn't as in tune with their Northern neighbor. Thanks for the encouragement! Lapras is killing me. Stubborn bugger.

I know the pain of trying to find the right pokemon for the task. It's like crawling in my skin worthy cringeness because less people breeding other pokemon and less people on the site in general makes it harder. I've screwed up a bunch of tasks and barely got by the skin of my teeth.

@Mamanator: I only have 12 lousy points to my account haha. I doubt 4th of July weekend and Canada Day weekend would be a good day to drop money on anyhow to boost it over. People are gonna be forced to be with family, ect.

*Throws work phone out the window.* Be gone demon. I hate you.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Jun 29 2018, 02:06 PM
Post #699

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Natsume Reiko @ Jun 29 2018, 11:55 AM) *
@Mamanator: I only have 12 lousy points to my account haha. I doubt 4th of July weekend and Canada Day weekend would be a good day to drop money on anyhow to boost it over. People are gonna be forced to be with family, ect.

*Throws work phone out the window.* Be gone demon. I hate you.

Oh! I didn't mean to appear to be asking people to do that - laws no! Even I don't use my points (when I have them) until I'm sure it's ready to make a difference. *blush* Coddle your points; you're wealthy! smugnod.gif I was thinking the multiplier might be something the site does "just because" of the upcoming holiday(s). Not sure if they would... but it'd be way fine by me if they did. lol.gif

I just had a nice long chat with my soon to be retired boss. She's going to see if my personnel file still has a resume in it. I seem to not have found an electronic copy of it anywhere. *mopes* Due to the aggressive and thoughtless Board it's come to my attention that I might need to secure a different future for my professional self. *sad sorrowful sigh* I think I'll be working on that resume next week. I told her that if this one specific person gets the newly created job... there's a good chance I won't be doing any two week notice if another place wants to hire me.

Nothing happening in the near future as far as that's relative, but it's past time that I take what's happening at work seriously. Gah. After 23 years I might have to find a ... *gulp* ..... "real" job??!! *faints* They better have good benefits and pay better than here then. tongue.gif That's all I'm saying.

This post has been edited by Mamanator: Jun 29 2018, 02:07 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Jun 29 2018, 04:17 PM
Post #700

Group Icon

Active Squad

@Mamanator:

I try to throw points when it counts as well cause honestly I just don't feel it's a productive use of my points otherwise. Who knows what wild hair Nick or Jeff will get. They're Canadians so they may just boost it up for kicks for Canada Day.

Sorry to hear that you're gonna have to hit the streets for another job. I hate job hunting. Lousy and time consuming like none other. I hate soliciting donations and job hunting with equal passion.

Screw the 2 week notice. Hell, most companies don't even have the courtesy to honor it these days. They just bloody escort you off the property the minute you say you're resigning. I've had that done to me so many times that I don't bother anymore. I just gradually clear my desk until I got nothing there. I tell corworkers and supervisors I'm just doing it to refresh my area, call in the day I want to quit and just leave it as that. No need for the stupid escort off the property crap. I could say so much as to why there's workplace violence these days, but that's a debate for another day.

*Shakes Lapras* Hurry uuuuuuup.

--------------------

+Quote Post

142 Pages V  « < 33 34 35 36 37 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:05 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.