Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Ummm... Rate Please?
Dragynking1
post Jun 20 2010, 09:21 PM
Post #1

I wish i had wifi...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2 974

New SS team

OK... I've been working to form a pretty good team, and i think I finally have done just that. I haven't really been able to test it due to me not having wifi, and the people who I test on at school are total noobs. So I would really appreciate it if you can give me advice thx.
Oh yeah, I normally play with all clauses

Here it is:

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Sand Stream
Jolly
6 HP EV, 252 ATK & SPD EV
Stone Edge
Crunch
Pursuit
Earthquake

I think I put this on my team as a lead to set up sandstorm support. It has great attack and sp. defense, and the scarf boost makes it faster than most of its counters that aren't scarfed as well. Also, it scares off Azelf leads (who have messed me up in the past) and after Pursuit, essentially makes them dead weight. Crunch and Stone Edge are for powerful STAB, and earthquake is for coverage/power. Max attack for power, and max speed to outspeed pretty much everything not scarfed. Even Infernape is outsped, fortunately because it would get screwed by Close Combat.

Spiritomb @ Shell Bell
Pressure
Calm
252 HP EV, 140 DEF EV, 118 SPDEF EV
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power (Fighting)
Rest
Sleep Talk

Spiritomb is an awesome tank. It can get a free switch-in on move types that my other party pokemon attract. Shadow Ball is there over Dark Pulse for the sp.defense drop chance, and hp fighting is for steels and normals. Rest and Sleep talk is pretty self explanatory. The EV's are for max survivability. Although it has no weaknesses, its few resistances would make it somewhat vulnerable. Also, I hate it when I use Sleep Talk and it uses Rest. >:(

Swampert @ Expert Belt
Torrent
Relaxed
252 HP & DEF EV, 6 ATK EV
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Roar

I use Swampert for a lead if I can wait for sandstorm. I can set up Stealth Rock and phaze them out to screw up their strategy and scout their team. Earthquake is for STAB and Ice Beam is for those dragon/flying pokemon who want a free switch-in. Max HP and Defense to take heavy physical hits. I know that most bulky Grass types, like Celebi, or the nasty Infernape can totally annihilate him.

Cradily @ Lum Berry
Suction Cups
Impish
254 HP EV, 116 DEF EV, 140 SPDEF EV
Stockpile
Toxic
Recover
Earthquake

Cradily is an even better wall than Spiritomb in some cases, especially in sandstorm. It can't be phazed, and a potential +3 boost to both defenses is nearly impossible to take down unless they get hax. Lum Berry is used to avoid status, because I always had trouble with people using thunder wave/toxic. Earthquake is there to hit Steels, but for a long time I considered Rock Slide for STAB and to be able to hit Skarmory, who completely walls it. But with Rock Slide, it is walled by most steel types. EV spread is for survivability and to equalize its defenses.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Timid
252 HP EV, 80 SPATK EV, 176 SPD EV
Psychic
Substitute
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind

Jirachi is one of my favorite pokemon, but that isn;t the only reason it is on my team. It is immune to sandstorm, and its adequate defenses allow it to resist many attacks. The Calm Mind+Sub combo makes it both a fearsome special sweeper and an irritating special wall. Max HP for survivability, and the rest divided into sp. attack and speed. I would have used a wish passer version instead, but its kinda hard to get a jirachi, let alone a bold natured one with good IVs.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Levitate
Bold
252 HP & SPATK EV, 6 SPDEF EV
Pain Split
Will-o-Wisp
Fire Blast
Explosion

Ahh... Weezing. This was the last one that I fit on the team. It resists practically all the shared weaknesses on my team, and is my main Scizor and Forretress counter, as well as a general physical crippler and wall. Pain Split is its only somewhat reliable way to recover, Will-o-Wisp is for residual damage and halving Atk, Fire Blast is for... i guess I already mentioned them, and Explosion is to go out with a BANG! Max HP for survivability (what is a different word for that?) and max sp. attack to ensure the highest possible damage to steels. Black Sludge is to offset sandstorm damage.

Again, I appreciate the feedback.

--------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------

YAY!!! My sig is a barren wasteland!!!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:12 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.