Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5th Gen already?, Wow, time flies..
soiP
post May 4 2010, 07:38 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 95 168

SoulSilver Party

You whipper-snappers and yer fancy new pokemanz..

WHY I REMEMBER when there was only 151... What are we at now... 500? xD

That's so gay (no offense, gays. noes.gif I'm gay, too..).

And honestly, the names are getting kinda stupid, no? >A> Losing all the creativity.

And how many legendaries do we need? noes.gif There were 3 in the first three games. An extra 5 in G/S/C... 3 in R/S/E... ;A; And then 238975492532 in D/Pe/Pl... WRY?!

xD I'm actually excited for Black and White. ... noes.gif They seem like they should be chilling with Red and Blue, no? >_> But I'm most excited to see what lame Pikachu clone they've come up with in this game. :'] And the new "pidgey" and "rattata"... And the new Eveelutions. ( I hope it's a Steel-type. 8D Steevee anyone? /shot )

--------------------
My Dragons (click to show)

My Pokemon Party (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

White Ninjakoopa
post May 4 2010, 08:56 PM
Post #2

Pirate-Ninja
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 195

Mah Favorite Pokemon.

I agree that 4th gen indeed showed the most lack of creativity in all of the generations, but they did have some good Pokemon in that bunch of fake Pideys and Rattatas. I found Lucario the most creative. They definately overdid it with legendaries. THERE WERE OVER 9000!!! of them.

--------------------

IMMA FIREN' MAH LAZOR!!!

You and me, we'll all go down in history with a sad Statue of Liberty and a generation that didn't agree
+Quote Post

TheDrunkenwhale
post May 5 2010, 12:17 AM
Post #3

The Lazy-Ass Artist under the Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 997

Shooting Star Team

Too many legendaries. Cut back on the legendaries, otherwise their status as such means bull.
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post May 5 2010, 10:21 AM
Post #4

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

Hooray for edits!

Anyways, I did in fact think the 5th gengame did come a bit early. That vanashed when I found out a little bit of what it was going to offer.

This post has been edited by JohnRichard1991: Jul 29 2010, 08:25 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

WatariStealsRevo...
post May 5 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 424

The A Team

Mm hm. I miss those days. ;_; I'm only familiar up to 3rd generation. That's it. I just can't get used to the newest ones. I got rid of an egg yesterday because it was a 4th generation... slug... um... weird thing (I can never remember the name xP). As much as I like Pokemon, I think they need to give new ones a rest. They ran out of ideas, and new ones aren't going to make it anymore popular. Sad, really.

--------------------

Follow Comet to my party!
+Quote Post

Chemical Hound
post May 5 2010, 11:44 AM
Post #6

The multi-personalitied Smeargle ----- (Black Gyarados)
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 479

Platinum party

i love seein new pokemon and johnrichard i agree with you but yeah legendaries are a good status to have like "look how many legendaries i have compared o you" but thats all they are

im hopin theres gonna be an evolution of shuckle, dunsparce, mr mime and jynx making them less crap

--------------------
The Stuff That Don't Fit (click to show)

+Quote Post

soiP
post May 6 2010, 02:18 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 168

SoulSilver Party

A Dunsparce evolution (either way) would make me jizz in my pants. :] He's my favorite pokemon, second only to Nidorino (who is my absolute favorite.)

--------------------
My Dragons (click to show)

My Pokemon Party (click to show)
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post May 6 2010, 05:46 PM
Post #8

A New Era
Group Icon

Member No.: 28

Active Squad

A Zangoose evolution would be amazing.

Yeah, I remember back in the day when Mew was unheard of and there were really only 150 Pokemon. Those days were the best. Pokemon has gotten so bland now. There's absolutely no creativity left in it, and all the 4th gen legendaries look extremely retarded.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kranic
post May 6 2010, 06:12 PM
Post #9

So I herd u like Motorz
Group Icon

Member No.: 75 208

Active Squad

Red Blue and Yellow is a really creative name indeed.

--------------------

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)

+Quote Post

Ogre
post May 6 2010, 06:13 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 583

My motley crew...

I've got no problem with the 4th gen Pokemon - we can't afford to dwell in the past in a series that's already so close to stagnation as it is.

The fact is this: the 5th gen could add 250+ new, generic Pikachu/Rattata/Pidgey clones and, I agree, it would suck if the developers decided to read that route once again. However, that doesn't mean that the Pokemon we've all grown up with will be gone. It may take until the end of the game, but everyone will be able to get their hands on a...Mankey, or something...when they want to. Adding new Pokemon, no matter how inane (An evolution for Tangela? Why?) only breathes more life into the series we all love.

In my opinion, the games only get better as they add more variety. I, for one, hate Super Contests. I think they're retarded. However, I love that they're there. I may never end up using a Pokemon like Bibarel in combat, but I appreciate him, nonetheless. My favorite Pokemon of all time is a 4th gen (Croagunk), and that could just as easily change as 5th gen Pokemon are announced.

So, that's my stance - maintain variety, at all costs. Keep the basics of battle and breeding intact, but add other features, as well.

Though, I agree wholeheatedly that they should cut back on the legendaries. All a game needs is 3 or 4, not the deluge that was present in the 4th gen.
+Quote Post

shamanx21
post May 7 2010, 03:47 PM
Post #11

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 585

Current HG team

QUOTE(JohnRichard1991 @ May 5 2010, 08:21 AM) *
I`m gonna go ahead and give out my opinion. Don`t freak, I know that no one will agree.

I can honestly say that I do not care about the number of pokemon that exist. In fact, I can never get enough.

As for names, I believe that the Original-Japanese names for the generation 1 pokemon show very little creativity. For example, Sandshrew is just Sand.
As for the English names, the only one I dislike is Mr. Mime.

I don`t mind legendaries for some reason. I consider them of equal worth to a normal pokemon.

I agree with most of what you said. I also find it annoying that people STILL complain about how many pokemon there are. I honestly believe that if they just recycled the old pokemon, people would bitch even more. If it's such a problem then don't buy the new games. I would be super bored with just 150 or 300 pokemon because I'll almost always only like 30% of them anyway and how many people like EVERY pokemon? Variety= Good.

This post has been edited by shamanx21: May 7 2010, 03:49 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Letter W
post May 7 2010, 08:52 PM
Post #12

Smo-o-o-oth
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 571

Six Survivors

I don't understand why each region needs their own Pidgey/Rattata/Weedle set. Why don't they just do what Johto did and mix them? Some new, some old? We need more middle-game Pokemon... ones that are better for fighting.
At least, that's what I think.
(I want more Ghost Pokemon... but oh well)

--------------------
Hella.

Click the dancing Maxwell to visit my art thread.

+Quote Post

shamanx21
post May 8 2010, 04:05 AM
Post #13

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 585

Current HG team

It'd be great if this gens weedle,caterpie,pidgey were actually good >>;

--------------------
+Quote Post

DarkTwins
post May 8 2010, 05:13 AM
Post #14

To Sleepie To Whrite Topics
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 89 219

My Sinnoh Team

Well i like some pokemons from new gen but more pokemons like from hoen or kanto

--------------------
Click on my eggs! ~Thank You!~

+Quote Post

Sarean
post May 8 2010, 09:25 AM
Post #15

BLUH.
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 607

Dream Team

No one beat me for this, but I think that there's nothing wrong with Third and Fourth Generations, and this is why. Quite simply, the target audience for Pokemon games has changed. You can tell if you watch the anime. It's not meant for us older kids anymore, because Game Freak caught on to the way everyone in middle school and high school despises Pokemon. The Pokemon aren't getting any "less creative," they're just not being made for us anymore.

However, I think that the way Pokemon is changing is going in a nice direction. I hated the original Pokemon games, for reasons other than their graphics. The city names. Ooooh, colors. That's so creative. And the storylines had no thought in them. Therer was nothing going on except the gyms, elite four, and the occasional team rocket hideout. You need to incorporate legendaries and the other teams into the games, as they did in Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. That's why I love the new legendaries, in all their quantities. Have they not built the foundation for the greatest Pokemon games yet? The Pokemon Mystery Dungeons? Also, there were no contests. The contests, to me, are an amazing feature. If I owned a Pokemon, I'd be a coordinator, not some maniac who goes around attacking wild animals for a few exp. points. And finally, the Pokemon in first generation were just BLAND. They may seem creative to you, but to name a few of them (Muk, Dewgong, Weedle) they just suck. And others are carbon-copies of Japanese myths. They may seem well and creative to us, but the truth is, they're not.

To stay on topic, I'm not liking either of the new Fifth Generation Pokemon. Zorua would be alright if not for it's giant tuft of fur on it's head and it's retarded peg legs, which annoy me on any Pokemon. Zoroark, well, is alright. There was no need for it's huge set of hair, let alone the bead, and the make-up on it's face...It could live without it.

This post has been edited by Sarean: May 8 2010, 09:31 AM

--------------------

Current obsession- Spiral Knights
+Quote Post

Elito
post May 8 2010, 03:45 PM
Post #16

My life's a theater.
Group Icon

Member No.: 50 181

MonoPoison

Totally agreed with Sarean. Stole the words from my mouth. cat.gif

--------------------

x
+Quote Post

DisturbedWerewol...
post May 24 2010, 06:18 PM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 97 563

Active Squad

I think this whole Black and White thing they're doing is a bit of a waste but it's good to see that they want to keep things going. On the other hand, these pokemon aren't what they're all cracked up to be anymore. Some of them look odd and they're not as appealing as they were. Some of the R/S/E pokemon weren't very creative at all. As for the legendaries, I like Mew, Mewtwo, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, and HO-OH. Thats about it.
+Quote Post

SilentHillFourta...
post May 24 2010, 07:14 PM
Post #18

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 626

Active Squad

I'd like to mention that the 3rd gen had a tolerable amount of legendaries because Hoenn introduced so many new, ORIGINAL Pokemon. Seriously, what percentage of Sinnoh Pokes were not only legends, but also evos or pre-evos of already-existing lines? (not counting the inevitable Eeveelutions)

I think that while the 4th gen offered more variety, as new generations should, the designs are getting stranger, and I suppose that's what's killing the appeal for me. However, Zorua and Zoroark alone have already confirmed a purchase of either Black or White for me; I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them.

Basically, I'm hoping to see a better legend/evo/pre-evo to completely-original Pokemon ratio. Also, new Ratatta/Pidgey/Geodude/etc. And maybe some new variety with the plotline, but not over-the-top like Sinnoh was.

EDIT:
I just did the math on Sinnoh. We had a total of 107 new Pokemon introduced in the 4th gen. 15 of them are legendaries, 7 are pre-evos, and 22 are evos (including Eeveelutions). That gives us a ratio of 44 / 107, or 41% of the Sinnoh Pokemon that were not completely original.

On the other hand, we have Hoenn. Of the 135 new Pokemon, 10 were legendaries, and there were neither evos nor pre-evos of already-existing lines. That's a mere 7% regular-to-legend ratio for Hoenn, so it was ok.

On a side note, of those 125 regular Pokemon of Hoenn, 20 of them had only one form in their line, no pre-evos or evos. That's 18 now, if you count Roselia and Chimecho as having one form back in the 3rd gen. That was 16%; now it's 14%.

This post has been edited by FourTaledKitsune: May 24 2010, 07:33 PM

--------------------
No longer active on this site or on GPX+.
+Quote Post

TTD
post May 24 2010, 07:19 PM
Post #19

In reverence, she shall speak my name.
Group Icon

From: Relegated to the obsidian of freezing celestial bodies.
Member No.: 2 480

Sorrowful Frost

QUOTE(Black Ice @ May 6 2010, 04:46 PM) *
all the 4th gen legendaries look extremely retarded.

Especially Palkia, since it just looks like a Penis and balls with arms and legs.

--------------------
Credits! (click to show)
Gym Badges and Frontier Symbols! (click to show)
If you like metal... (click to show)
+Quote Post

steamboy
post May 24 2010, 07:25 PM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 97 635

Active Squad

i say they sould have legendaries for this ONLY 2 then create a game that let's you explore every region and let's you get the lengendaries that are already made

--------------------
crazy.gif owner of the worlds largest steam engine
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:26 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.