Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Triple Battles, 3 times the awesome!
Charming Evil Sp...
post Jun 28 2010, 03:45 PM
Post #1

High-Speed Type
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 74 449

Active Squad

Pictures aren't that good, but we now have 3 vs 3 battles. We all knew it was coming eventually.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Night Spectre
post Jun 28 2010, 05:58 PM
Post #2

Ghost trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 634

Ghost

They look a bit spaced out, don't they? 8D; They be fallin off the stage! NOOooooOOoes!

--------------------
+Quote Post

methuselah alche...
post Jun 28 2010, 06:08 PM
Post #3

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 049

My Favorites

Hehe this is gonna be epic. When it was a rumor, my friend and I were getting all excited and saying which trios we wanted to battle. Dogs VS Birds, Different Starter sets, etc. Now that it's official, more planning~!!

--------------------

Click the Timewarp Torchic to get to my party~

Blazikens made for me (click to show)

Credits for the Blazikens made for me (click to show)

Etc. (click to show)

+Quote Post

Kazyx
post Jun 28 2010, 06:49 PM
Post #4

Veteran Kaz would like to battle!
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 1 227

ElecPsy Team

*mumbles*

Personally, I'm not looking forward to 3 vs 3 battles. Think about the official double battle with tate and Liza for a moment, shall we?
Unprepared, they were a nightmare in Emerald. I was stuck for quite some time due to lack of patience with constant training. I don't even remember how I beat them, now. Mind you, I was doing a "First caught and use" thing, so I had some pretty average Pokemon. :/

But still. Gen III introduced the double battle, which made team planning THAT much more important. I always made sure to have two Pokemon that worked well together at the start of my line-up when I heard about Double Battles, and then did the same in Gen IV.

With Triple battles, team plotting will be even more important, and more party adjustments must be made to accommodate for the triple battles to come in the future.
Also think about this:

Due to the Triple battle being introduced, they will make use of this as often as possible. This will mean a possible Triple Battle Gym Leader battle. Hopefully it's for a pretty simple typed gym, if they do stick with types for the gyms.

Sure, it'll make friendly battles a bit more interesting and hopefully less predictable, but the in-game battles will be more irritating, in my opinion. More in-game trainer battles may have 6 Pokemon: Two for each trainer. Which means if underplanned, you could be beaten by the CPU, which is never something one wishes to mention.

So, in short, I'm not liking it, but that doesn't mean you need to have the same view. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

--------------------
Click one of the images below to be directed to my profile on the shown website

+Quote Post

Serend
post Jun 28 2010, 07:39 PM
Post #5

Ready to roll.
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 046

Round Things

^ this.

I remembered when I first battled Tate & Liza I got demolished. There will be more strategies, which will be more confusing.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lyrical
post Jun 28 2010, 10:28 PM
Post #6

On the other hand, there are fingers.
Group Icon

Member No.: 92 856

Silver Team

(Same as the two above)

Liza and Tate were hard. And finding out good combinations for triple battles will take a while, especially for making moves that hit everyone more effective. Also you have to keep this in mind: You're sending half of your team out to fight; what happens when you get hit with an attack that kills those three and your others are no match? At least with double battles you would only be down a third of your team. Triple battles I must admit, are pretty cool in theory, but in reality, they could turn into a nightmare.

--------------------
~I'm back~

Random Things (click to show)

--
--
+Quote Post

Radoka Kaname
post Jun 28 2010, 10:35 PM
Post #7

where doing it man where MAKING THIS HAPEN
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 388

Portal

yay finally... and liza and tate... are you joking, they're the easiest gym leaders ever, but the first game i played with double battles was XD so i was really forced to practice it... i wonder when there will be 6 vs. 6 battles

--------------------
stuff (click to show)

"This guy has the best advice ever: don't be a homicidal maniac, and remember to eat."
--Marik Ishtar

I am not Roxy Lalonde, I'm Roxy Lalonde (with 2 spaces)
+Quote Post

Kazyx
post Jun 28 2010, 10:41 PM
Post #8

Veteran Kaz would like to battle!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 227

ElecPsy Team

Well, you started with XD, which pitted you constantly in double battles. In RSE, Double Battles were few and far between, which, in turn, caught one off guard, such as myself when I played against Tate and Liza the first time in Ruby. They caught me off guard, and it took a try or two, since most of my team was underleveled, but I came victorious.

My problem I think in Emerald is I tried to make everyone of equal level, and there just wasn't enough trainers to do that with, plus Tate and Liza had more Pokemon, and I think they were a couple levels higher than in Ruby and Sapphire.

But yes, as Royolis said, triple battles are risky, as one wrong move and half your team could be gone in a snap. That is, presuming, you have 6 Pokemon. What if you have 4? Then you're down to 1. It seems very dangerous the further you look into it.

Being an old-school Pokemon fan, from back in RBY when I was in Grade 2 perhaps, at the latest, double battles are not my thing, nor do I imagine triple battles. They will over-complicate the game, as I have a hard enough time focusing on both of my teammates when I do double battles, for I might hit them with Surf or EQ.

--------------------
Click one of the images below to be directed to my profile on the shown website

+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Jun 29 2010, 12:28 AM
Post #9

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

To be honest, I like this idea so far. Coming from a guy who loved double battles, it looks like fun.
I just hope that it works out. I don't want triple battles to turn out to be a big mess.

This post has been edited by JohnRichard1991: Jul 5 2010, 04:58 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mephistopheles
post Jun 29 2010, 12:45 AM
Post #10

Mephi from underworld
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 170

Party

I have always loved 2v2 battles <3
So I think this is nice idea.

--------------------
(English isn't my first language and I also suffer from dyslexia. So sometimes my English might be out of this world...)
->Dragon Cave<-

~~
+Quote Post

Shiny Zangoose
post Jun 29 2010, 01:37 AM
Post #11

I'm Zangasexual. <3
Group Icon

Member No.: 76 615

Friends

I <3 double battle so triple battles will be even better. I just love battling with 2 pokemon already so I'll just love battling with three.

--------------------

~ Shiny Hunting/Shinnies ~ (click to show)
~ Breeding ~ (click to show)
Avatar credits/Make me an avatar?
+Quote Post

IceBlaziken
post Jun 29 2010, 06:19 AM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 087

my ultimate squad

It sound so cool
This feature let you go with lots of different variation of 3 pokemon from your party

--------------------
Please click on them(I ALWAYS CLICK BACK)

Personality Tests (click to show)

Groups that i'm part of (click to show)

GPX+ Groups (click to show)

Signature (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reddu
post Jun 29 2010, 08:18 AM
Post #13

Quite.
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 47 300

-

I'm OK with the triple battles coming. But if the foe has three pokemon with Intimidate, that will mess up your physical attackers.
Still though, this will be kind of cool.
Also; Three pokemon with water absorb in your party; Use surf over and over again.
+Quote Post

Dunceking
post Jun 29 2010, 08:32 AM
Post #14

A very Slow king
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 178

Dunce

To be honest, I loved the 2 vs 2 battles in Sapphire, with the interview thing and all, but I'm not looking forward for 3 vs 3 battles.
2 vs 2 battles made you think just enough to use which pokemon and which moves, but I think 3 vs 3 is pushing this a little too far...
Plus with Gravity, Tailwind, and all those mumbo jumbo party stuff nowadays, 3 vs 3 is going to be a pain in the butt for me...
But it's my opinion, and nothing else. Since there seems to be a lot of people who's going to like 3 vs 3 battles.

--------------------

(click the banner below to view a random user)

Thank you CDB for the banner and the avatars!
Also, the lovely avatars(and the Slowking plush) was made by Anthony Edward Stark!

slowking.gif Personality Test slowking.gif (click to show)
chatot.gif Groups I'm in(plus shops) chatot.gif (click to show)
+Quote Post

TydinRyn
post Jun 29 2010, 11:37 AM
Post #15

Annoyed Kenpachi is annoyed.
Group Icon

Member No.: 102 772

Taoske's Team

2v2 Battles were an amazing concept I think. It added a nice change instead of just regular battles. Made you think on your toes.

3v3 Battles... They look iffy. I've always liked 2v2 Battles, but why does this seem... Excessive?

And as stated above, imagine facing three Intimidators? Owch.

--------------------
Be careful, Seto Kaiba is watching you play card games. And Pokemon.
+Quote Post

Count Bleck
post Jun 29 2010, 12:32 PM
Post #16

Let's fight. Like gentlemons.
Group Icon

Member No.: 819

Cast of SPM! (evil)

Wow, If you thought earthquake was going to be abused before.... OH GOD :gasp:

I can see it now. GArchomp Earthquakes while someone levitates and another protects. Surf hitting 5 POKEMON! The possibility of destroying an ENTIRE TEAM in 2 MOVES!!!! THIS IS INSANE crazy.gif

*ahem* may the appocalpsye begin.

--------------------

"75% of Roleplayers don't care about doing a good job at Roleplaying. If you are one of the 25% of roleplayers who really cares, copy and paste this into your signature."
Click these eggs or feel my CLAWS!!! -CommanderZerxer, Shiny Zergoose

"White forest and Black City. Thank goodness Gamefreak and Nintendo decided to make it that way or people would think it was racist."-hungryhippo247, Youtube.

glitter (click to show)
roleplay (click to show)
cards groups and pics (click to show)
+Quote Post

Wildivlax
post Jun 29 2010, 01:01 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 56 338

Felisha's Team!

That picture looks fake. I mean, the 3 pokemon are the entire back, when official pictures from CoroCoro showed the back sprite of a Pokabu and it only had the back of the head and a little bit of the back. Then, the platforms are too close, leaving a whole bunch of extra room in the lower-left hand corner. Plus, the pokemon don't even have shadows! And 2 of them are half-way off the platform! That pic is fake.

--------------------
Awesome And Funny Quotes (click to show)

Rank 28 overall poster
Aug. 19 2009 rank 4 poster
Oct. 22 2009+dec. 23 2009+June 25 2010 rank 16 poster
March 22 2010 rank 13 poster
March 31 2010 rank 8 poster
June 26 2010 rank 7 poster
December 28 2013 rank 2 poster
+Quote Post

Elito
post Jun 30 2010, 07:34 AM
Post #18

My life's a theater.
Group Icon

Member No.: 50 181

MonoPoison

Am I the only here who notices, but you're the one (yes, Top Ranger Logan) who goes from thread to thread saying the pics are fake. grin.gif

I mean, c'mon, not everything is fake. This is real, it was shown in the video. facepalm.gif

Anyways, 3 vs. 3 battles are going to be cool.
And see how you guys already thought up some strategies? 3 pokemon with Intimidate... why not you use that strategy? Or the Garchomp who Earthquakes strategy, or Surf strategy...There is really a lot of options which can help you merge victorious, only thing you need to do, is practice. cat.gif

--------------------

x
+Quote Post

Arkinine
post Jun 30 2010, 10:25 AM
Post #19

The only person I know that liked Hoenn
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 147

Wolfe

No, you aren't the only one who noticed.

I think triple battles are unneeded, but it will be super fun!

--------------------
My Party

75% of Roleplayers don't care about doing a good job at Roleplaying. If you are one of the 25% of roleplayers who really cares, copy and paste this into your signature.

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Jadesprite
post Jun 30 2010, 11:51 AM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 101 965

HeartGold Team

Double battles are awesome, as they require a greater deal of strategy than a regular single battle.

Triple battling though... I dunno. Not only does it seem rather unnecessary, it may become too overly complicated :/
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:02 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.