Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Shiny Races getting cancelled.
Rating 5 V
Spoovo The Pirat...
post Dec 4 2016, 10:10 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 43 235

Team RAWR!

Hey there, everyone. I'm sure you've all met the frustration, where your shiny race gets pulled out from under your feet because you couldn't find the egg in time.

Granted, I know a week is a long ass time to not hatch any of one specific egg, but if you're busy, and perhaps don't have time to go fishing about in the shelter for one specific egg, it gets a tad annoying when all your effort gets thrown away. I've had it happen to me far too often nowadays (mostly because of hunting really obscure things, like Illumise).

So, to finish ranting and start suggesting, I'd like for there to be an option to stop that from happening?

As far as I'm aware, the shiny race cancels if you don't hatch any of that specific Pokemon for a length of time (a week, I think). Could that be changed to that the user only has to be active?

I can understand why the rule is in place, but your daycare can only help so much (I think I'm the only active Shieldon breeder at the moment), and real life can get in the way sometimes, leading you to forget about that Illumise or Pachirisu or whatever that you're shiny racing.

It would certainly save a lot of grief. Anyone else agree here?

--------------------

I WRITE FANFICS!

It's All In The Genes

Moonlight

Please read and review! cat.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Dec 4 2016, 12:40 PM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

I question why it still exists. It was introduced at a time when we only had one slot in the shine recorder for races, and if you finished your race, but the opponent didn't, then your slot would still be occupied. As a result, we got this mechanic that forces people to either at least hatch eggs for their races, or just have it end. Since then we had changes that gave us not only more slots, but slots are no longer occupied in the same situation. Honestly, I don't care if my opponents don't finish their races, I would much prefer for hunts to never finish because of a lack of hatching eggs, be it the user's fault or not.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Spoovo The Pirat...
post Dec 4 2016, 01:06 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 235

Team RAWR!

Agreed. Maybe that mechanic is just an old function they never got around to updating. Either way, I'd at least rather be asked if I wanted to end my hunt early or not. Just having it ended for you minimises what little motivation there was to do it in the first place imo.

--------------------

I WRITE FANFICS!

It's All In The Genes

Moonlight

Please read and review! cat.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:04 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.