Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Craziest Experience You've Had in HG/SS
Slix
post May 2 2011, 06:55 PM
Post #21

Poliwag Awesome Dude
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 17 353

Poliwag!

I was in the Bell Tower (I hate that new name) thinking, "Man, there's only Rattatas in there, I should use a Repel", but I never actually did. It was good, though, because I ran into a shiny Rattata and caught it. cat.gif

--------------------

Looking for a small, close, friendly community where you can hang out, talk about Pokémon and anything, and have fun?
Check out Poliwager Forums!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

AkaruTheYoshi
post May 2 2011, 07:15 PM
Post #22

Video Game Nerd Extraordinare
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 111 128

Favorites

I was in the Dragon's Den, surfing my way through, not really paying attention, just surfing...HOLY CRUD SHINY MAGIKARP! It was unexpected, and I was pretty shocked. Caught it without a problem. I've never done anything with it, and I'm considering trading it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Some Person
post Jun 22 2011, 09:45 AM
Post #23

Don't let me detain you...
Group Icon

Member No.: 127 207

Vetinari's Terriers

I have another Shiny Story... I was walking through Victory Road, just leveling up my Kingler, when what do I see? The pink and green form of a female Shiny Golbat! I weakened her, caught her, and named her Margolotta; she's one of my best now, along with my Shiny Gyrados. I've never seen a Shiny before or since then.

Also Shiny is the Shiny Leaf my Lorenzo the Nindoking found.

--------------------
"The world spins on pain. I realised that if there is a supreme power, then it is our duty to become it's moral superior." -Lord Havelock Vetinari, Patrician of Ankh-Morpork

"The sentient may perceive and love the universe, but the universe may not perceive and love the sentient. The universe sees no distinction between the multitude of creatures and elements which comprise it. All are equal. None is favored. The universe, equipped with nothing but the materials and the power of creation, continues to create: something of this, something of that. It cannot control what it creates and it cannot, it seems, be controlled by its creations (though a few might deceive themselves otherwise). Those who curse the workings of the universe curse that which is deaf. Those who strike out at those workings fight that which is inviolate. Those who shake their fists, shake their fists at blind stars."- Michael Moorcock, author.
+Quote Post

Takodachi
post Jun 22 2011, 05:54 PM
Post #24

Dancing Through Sunday
Group Icon

Member No.: 74 320

get dark, get dark

I was training my Froslass and found a random Shiny Leaf. Eventually I got four more into a Leaf Crown.

Then in the grass just outside the Mt. Silver entrance... I FOUND A SHINY PONYTA! Luckily, I caught it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

deleted user
post Jun 28 2011, 01:18 PM
Post #25

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 129 409

Active Squad

1 time, and only once, when I was hunting Raikou, it was Shiny, I failed to catch it. The next time I saw it, it was "normal"
+Quote Post

Shinzu
post Jun 29 2011, 02:38 AM
Post #26

Giratina, Regigigas, and Hypno <3
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 210

The Favs

I remember I got lost in some forest, and I was freaking out because I couldn't find my way out and Feraligatr was fainted. I was horribly lost...and ended up loosing my game forever. -_-2.gif' My character really did not like me, as she got herself stolen during school.

--------------------

Pictures and links! (click to show)

Hypno! (click to show)

Credits- Thank you guys! <3 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Two Lights
post Jul 30 2011, 11:17 PM
Post #27

It's a song reference. Look it up.
Group Icon

From: Second Star to the right and straight on til morning :P
Member No.: 143 176

Favorites

Two things:
I was playing Soulsilver and I was fighting Entei. I threw (insert Pokeball name) when my friend asked for my help on an ipad game. When i was done, i turned to my screen and it said:
"You caught Entei!"
I was fighting latios (after tracking it down forever) and realized i barely had any pokeballs. I was screamin hysterically the entire fight, and he eventually defeated my only pokemon with mean look. I threw a fast ball at it, knowing it would run away...
and i screamed even more hysterically cause i caught it XD

--------------------
Failure is an option. It's just not recommended these days.

Click me and my friend!

Thank you Ninjaoety!
Prettyful art (click to show)
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Jul 31 2011, 12:07 AM
Post #28

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

The most recent weird thing to happen to me, which was actually a few months ago, was that I found a wild Charmander in the grass outside the daycare center. I caught it, then got scared that I had broken my game so I saved and stopped playing for a good while. I thought I had broken the Pokedex, but apparently Charmander counts as being in the Johto dex, so nothing horrendous happened. I still can't figure out what had happened, but nothing like that ever happened again. I left it in the PC box out of paranoia.

--------------------
+Quote Post

klex
post Aug 6 2011, 09:37 AM
Post #29

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 147 562

Random :D ^^

I was walking in the grass... and looking for an ekans ( heh, i like that pokemon ^^) And i found it in shiny! Then i got so happy that i pushed the off button :'(

--------------------
Friends are like potateos if you eat them they'll die! Woohoo! My pokemons cat.gif *click here*
+Quote Post

BurakkiiHayate
post Aug 8 2011, 08:47 PM
Post #30

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 833

Parade LeafGreen

I know a lot of people are talking about shinies, but mine is especially strange. xD

This was a few months ago, the day before my birthday. I had been doing soft resets for shiny Articuno on FireRed very diligently because I wanted the shiny Articuno by July, but since I had just gotten HeartGold, I was very excited about it. When I was going through Ilex Forest, my thoughts went something like this:

Oh, my Togepi egg is hatching!
I wonder if it will be shiny... it's unlikely, but you never know.
It's not... oh, well. Let's go on.
Speaking of which, I should really get back to my shiny Articuno resets....
But I should get through Ilex Forest first. Then I'll do it.

The very next Pokémon I run into is a shiny Caterpie. It was so frustrating because I had been trying for a shiny Articuno for a year and a half, and there, staring me in the face when I was thinking about going back to my resets but not actually doing them was a shiny Caterpie. If I had decided to play FireRed, I could have gotten a shiny Articuno!

Since then, I've given up with shiny Articuno.

That was a very crazy experience for me... usually my Pokémon games are more or less normal.

--------------------

From Vipelierre's Userbar Castle -- Thank you very much! It looks awesome!
+Quote Post

SoulDew
post Nov 27 2011, 07:05 PM
Post #31

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 150 382

Favorites

Well, I don't really have any crazy stories, but I never caught a shiny (besides Gyarados) in HG/SS.
But one weird thing, I still haven't caught the event Lati twins. I'm hoping to learn how to RNG so I can catch them as perfect, and possibly shiny.

Now, let's see if I can get a shiny starter on my second HG...

--------------------

Click Umbreon for free sprites!

Click Gardevoir to go to my party.

Stuff... (click to show)
+Quote Post

Some Person
post Nov 29 2011, 01:17 PM
Post #32

Don't let me detain you...
Group Icon

Member No.: 127 207

Vetinari's Terriers

QUOTE(Fading Like The Lilac @ Jun 22 2011, 02:45 PM) *
I have another Shiny Story... I was walking through Victory Road, just leveling up my Kingler, when what do I see? The pink and green form of a female Shiny Golbat! I weakened her, caught her, and named her Margolotta; she's one of my best now, along with my Shiny Gyrados. I've never seen a Shiny before or since then.

Also Shiny is the Shiny Leaf my Lorenzo the Nindoking found.

Tell a lie, I now have a Shiny Bellsprout called Von Lipwig. Because it's gold, you see? *neeeerd*

--------------------
"The world spins on pain. I realised that if there is a supreme power, then it is our duty to become it's moral superior." -Lord Havelock Vetinari, Patrician of Ankh-Morpork

"The sentient may perceive and love the universe, but the universe may not perceive and love the sentient. The universe sees no distinction between the multitude of creatures and elements which comprise it. All are equal. None is favored. The universe, equipped with nothing but the materials and the power of creation, continues to create: something of this, something of that. It cannot control what it creates and it cannot, it seems, be controlled by its creations (though a few might deceive themselves otherwise). Those who curse the workings of the universe curse that which is deaf. Those who strike out at those workings fight that which is inviolate. Those who shake their fists, shake their fists at blind stars."- Michael Moorcock, author.
+Quote Post

ReiRaa
post Dec 29 2011, 05:59 AM
Post #33

"For mother volcano bake meat"
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 895

Tiffany's PANE Team

QUOTE(Galactic Boss Cyrus @ Feb 14 2011, 01:07 AM) *
I decided that the Sudowoodo was psychic and needed to be treated specially. So, he's one of the six Pokemon I traded to safety before restarting HG (which is saying something, because I also had transferred everything from my old LeafGreen there).

That was so cute! happy.gif

For my story, it's not really something big.. But..

I had just started my new Nuzlocke-challenge (for those of you who don't know what a Nuzlocke is, I recommend googling it). I only had very few Pokémon left, because the other ones died, and I was about to face the third Gym Leader. I had used so much time training and caring for my last Pokémon, but I was REALLY nervous when I entered the Gym. You only get one chance in a Nuzlocke.. So I did battle Whitney, and I did surprisingly good! All my Pokémon got critical hits most of the time and everything just seemed to roll my way! When my DS suddenly started to light red, as in: "I need to recharge." but I thought: "Bleh. That just means there's 30% energy left. I got plenty of time!". I beat Whitney and was hurrying to save my game, but.. While I was still speaking to Whitney, the DS turned off, and my mind was pretty blank: "....." I had only won with luck... After recharging I tried again, but failed miserably. All my Pokémon fainted, and I had to start over with my Nuzlocke. D=<

--------------------
<---- Click on 'Banette' to go to my party.

Pokésona (click to show)

PANE (click to show)

Awards (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

sabbetin
post Apr 18 2012, 02:29 PM
Post #34

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 009

Newer gens perhaps?

Well I was going to seafoam islands to find myself an ice beam, and BOOM there's an Articuno!
I didn't even know you can have the bird trio in SS/HG until that. 8)

--------------------
+Quote Post

BurnedArticuno
post Apr 27 2012, 02:37 AM
Post #35

Lugia Kenyang
Group Icon

Member No.: 124 519

Highest SS Battle

After getting the Kanto and Hoenn starters I decided to level them up by exploring Kanto. I picked a Charmander and Torchic and they are fully evolved. Done training charmy, I switched into the other one, unaware that my foe (a starly) used breve bird. I was like WHAT THE--? at that time, luckily I managed to live with 1 HP! (that really mattered as you know about the defense of torchics and his lonely nature). After that I switched into Typhlo and pwnd that starling

--------------------
+Quote Post

Girl wuvs pokemo...
post Apr 27 2012, 04:50 PM
Post #36

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 159 845

Dark Squad

I was trying to get to Clair, but i couldn't find my way to the end somehow... I was just stuck in lava...... So i was all like, Im leaving. this is stupid. so i just turned my game off.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Gym Leader Winon...
post May 8 2012, 04:08 PM
Post #37

The bird user taking flight into the world
Group Icon

Member No.: 159 391

Flying Free

I was in the Cerulean Cave in SS looking for the Mewtwo. I had my shiny Umbreon, Eclipse, out as my partner. I love talking to the Pokemon on that game so I kept turning around to talk to him while we were searching. Well when we got to the end and didn't see Mewtwo I was like, "Well that was a waste of our time..."

Then I talked to Eclipse and he shuddered and it said "Eclipse feels a strange presence..." And I was just kinda like "Lolwhut?"

And then Mewtwo just fell from the ceiling.

I had a heart attack. @_@

--------------------

+Quote Post

WaitingforthePUN...
post May 27 2012, 02:43 PM
Post #38

Do you get it? It's a Link Cable!
Group Icon

Member No.: 45 889

Such Egg-celence!

After the elite 4, I wanted a t-tar on my team so I went to the safari zone. Then I found a level 44 female larvitar and it was shiny. I used bait so it would stay but it fleed. FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

--------------------
Click Here

I am back!

Stuff People have Sprited for me ^^ (click to show)
+Quote Post

purple umbreon
post May 27 2012, 03:41 PM
Post #39

How is it like to have a family?
Group Icon

Member No.: 155 777

my favorite team

Finding a shiny hoothoot in ilex forest.
After resetting my game (I put my pokemon in pokemon diamond) I found shiny zubat in dark cave.
Right after my eevee evolved in umbreon he found a gold leaf and I only had 3 badges.

I think there are a few more but I can't remember them all.

This post has been edited by purple umbreon: May 27 2012, 03:44 PM

--------------------

Click to see my gallery

other stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Inu
post May 31 2012, 11:06 AM
Post #40

Charitard
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 398

Soul Silver Team

I have some SoulSilver-Experiences
- lvl 60 Lapras singlehandedly beating Lance's 2nd Team (even the lvl 75 Dragonite went OHKO)
- catching Ho-Oh (lvl 70) with two and Mewtwo with around eight Ultra Balls
- getting Event-Arceus, -Mew and -Celebi from the GTS although their events weren't on at that time! o_O (And my boyfriend not believing me and then trying himself and getting a Rattata...) it was very VERY strange...

--------------------

| ♥
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 10:42 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.