Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Touhou Series, The talk on touhou
darkDeisas
post Jan 3 2012, 02:16 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 129 757

Vassels

Touhou is a shooting game made by ZUN. It is in a dream land called Gensokyo in Japan. In all the games you play as Reimu. Marisa started at touhou 3. this is a place where any one can tell their experiences in any of the 13 games, the spinoff games, and the comics. Feel free to chat all you want but keep it on a minimum level of language please. Thank you for your time. ^_^.gif

--------------------

Clubs (click to show)
Personality Quizzes (click to show)
Credit (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Jan 4 2012, 07:48 AM
Post #2

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

I don't care for it as a subculture or whatever, but it makes an interesting bullet hell shooter.
WHY YOU PUT TOUHOU SONGS IN MY MUSIC GAMES?

This post has been edited by Dazmi: Jan 4 2012, 07:49 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Katarina du Cout...
post Jan 4 2012, 08:01 AM
Post #3

Blood for Noxus!
Group Icon

Member No.: 91 809

Active Squad

Oh man, Touhou grin.gif

I first found out about the game thanks to a Team Fortress 2 mod that replaces the 9 classes with the Touhou characters :P I never really played the games, but I only played the Touhou TF2 mod :P

Also, Yuyuko is mai waifu love.gif

--------------------
"Violence solves everything." -Katarina, the Sinister Blade

GPXPlus Party

League of Legends (NA): GlitchyVanell0pe | Tumblr: glitchy-katarina
+Quote Post

darkDeisas
post Jan 4 2012, 12:05 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 129 757

Vassels

QUOTE(St0cking Anarchy @ Jan 4 2012, 09:01 AM) *
Oh man, Touhou grin.gif

I first found out about the game thanks to a Team Fortress 2 mod that replaces the 9 classes with the Touhou characters :P I never really played the games, but I only played the Touhou TF2 mod :P

Also, Yuyuko is mai waifu love.gif

I also like Yuyuko also when she first started the final boss true final spell but that came on in off in a few games.
i first got to play during the summer when i got it by watching it off a YouTube vid of someone facing flandre scarlet then i have been playing it since then.

--------------------

Clubs (click to show)
Credit (click to show)
+Quote Post

Inspector Gogoat
post Jan 6 2012, 11:42 PM
Post #5

Gogoat Gadget Rocket Hooves!
Group Icon

Member No.: 156 407

Woo, Parties!

Yay! A thread for Touhou!
My memory's a bit rusty, but if I recall correctly, the first time I saw something directly related to Touhou was a "U.N. Owen was her?" vid in the related videos section of a Dr. Robotnik Youtube Poop that I was watching about 4-5 years ago (the first thing that came to mind was Jesse Owens, since I didn't know anything about Touhou at the time). I passed it up, but a couple years later, more of such vids were appearing, so I decided to look into it. Imagine the regret of waiting those two years (I even missed Cirno Day crying.gif ). Long story short, U.N. Owen Was Her? (and Flandre cat.gif ) was my first look at Touhou.
However, it wasn't my first encounter with ZUN. While I was researching Touhou, I found out that ZUN was involved in Taito's Magic Pengel, a game where you create doodles out of color and battle using a Rock-Paper-Scissors style to take back the world's colors.
Later, when I finished memorizing the music to the windows series, I listened to the special CDs. Again, I found a moment of nostalgia as I listened to Greenwich in the Sky. The memory goes back to 7th grade (four years ago), when I was watching Stick Figure Randomness on Youtube. Apparently, Greenwich in the Sky had a remix called the ROFL Song, which I had heard on one of the Stick Figure Randomness episodes.
I know it's a long post, but I feel that I was destined to find Touhou someday. Despite how much I missed in those two years, I am glad to have come across Touhou when I did. happy.gif

BTW I have only 1CC'd 3, 8, and 13 with Reimu (& Yukari for IN) on Normal and 10 with Marisa...B bug...on Normal. Oh, and maybe 12.3...on Normal of course...I started trying some of the games on Lunatic for the lulz. I remember getting to stage 2 or 3 on Lunatic on IN. In case you didn't know...thank you, Overdrive (Stops at the Affected Area and Dissolves; Lunatic Udongein) by IOSYS, for convincing me that EASY MODO is for little kids! laughing.gif

*looks back at post* walloftext.gif

--------------------

Do do-do do-do Inspector Gogoat! Do do-do do-do do dooo! Go-Goat Gadget Rocket Hooves!
Groups Currently Joined (click to show)
GWSH Ribbons (click to show)
Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

pikazapper
post Jan 12 2012, 01:47 AM
Post #6

The Pikachu Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 966

Teh Faves

QUOTE(darkDeisas @ Jan 4 2012, 11:05 AM) *
I also like Yuyuko also when she first started the final boss true final spell but that came on in off in a few games.
i first got to play during the summer when i got it by watching it off a YouTube vid of someone facing flandre scarlet then i have been playing it since then.

You're the one that got me started on it!
But before I knew where they were from, I'd heard a couple songs from the series in different videos on YouTube.
My favorite character is probably Aya, and I love her theme - Wind God Girl.
Other characters I like are Flandre, Marisa, Komachi, Cirno, and Alice.
I'm not very good at the games. I think the only one I've cleared on Normal would be Imperishable Night, with all characters.
I'm a lot better at the fighting games than at the shooters. I can play Scarlet Weather Rhapsody and Hisoutensoku both on Lunatic, and I'm pretty good at using most of the characters, although my main ones are Tenshi, Remilia, and Marisa.
I think the music is one of Touhou's best points. I love most of the songs, but my favorites would be Wind God Girl (12.3's remix), Satori Maiden ~ 3rd Eye, Voile, the Magic Library (12.3's remix), and the East New Sound vocal remix of U.N. Owen Was Her?.

--------------------

Groups (click to show)
Friend Codes & Other Stuff (click to show)
*Rotating avatar made possible by Zerxer's randimg website.*
- Links - - DeviantArt - - YouTube - -
+Quote Post

Kirbyfan66
post Jan 22 2012, 08:14 PM
Post #7

I can whistle all the way home~
Group Icon

Member No.: 157 870

Active Squad

I just got into it, myself, and the only game I've actually played is Scarlet Weather Rhapsody. Don't want to say I'm a fan just yet but I certainly ADORE that music.

Definitely want to get into the main series, minus the PC-98 games. Do any of these games cost money or all they all free?

I have done my research and my favorite character is Marisa.

--------------------
-VG Mania- -The Final Frontier-

Will work on getting better text for the signature...
+Quote Post

Inspector Gogoat
post Jan 22 2012, 08:37 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Woo, Parties!

QUOTE(Kirbyfan66 @ Jan 22 2012, 07:14 PM) *
I just got into it, myself, and the only game I've actually played is Scarlet Weather Rhapsody. Don't want to say I'm a fan just yet but I certainly ADORE that music.

Definitely want to get into the main series, minus the PC-98 games. Do any of these games cost money or all they all free?

I have done my research and my favorite character is Marisa.

You can download them for free by making an account on Doujinstyle and going to the Download Heaven section. From there, go to the stickied Reclamation Thread 3.0, and scroll down until you find the main games (You'll need to download WinRAR/7Zip if you don't have it already. The thread will explain where and what to download.). Awww, why not the PC-98s? sad.gif

Yep, NOBODY can say enough for the music! cat.gif

--------------------

Do do-do do-do Inspector Gogoat! Do do-do do-do do dooo! Go-Goat Gadget Rocket Hooves!
Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kirbyfan66
post Jan 22 2012, 08:41 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Active Squad

Thankfully I already have winRAR. Really helped with SWR!

As for the PC-98s... eh, from what I've seen (and heard, actually; the music was good but it isn't incredible like Windows One, Two, and some of the fan works) I think I'd be more interested in the Windows games. Plus I'd like to start at a point where there are more than 3 recurring characters in the series!

And I will get to doing that sometime tomorrow. Thanks a bunch! cat.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Inspector Gogoat
post Jan 23 2012, 05:26 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Woo, Parties!

QUOTE(Kirbyfan66 @ Jan 22 2012, 07:41 PM) *
Thankfully I already have winRAR. Really helped with SWR!

As for the PC-98s... eh, from what I've seen (and heard, actually; the music was good but it isn't incredible like Windows One, Two, and some of the fan works) I think I'd be more interested in the Windows games. Plus I'd like to start at a point where there are more than 3 recurring characters in the series!

And I will get to doing that sometime tomorrow. Thanks a bunch! cat.gif

Well, to be honest, the Windows era was where I started too. Eventually, I made my way back to the classic classics. I mainly play the Windows games, but I sometimes play the PC-98s. I don't mean that the time is now, but I'm just hoping that you'll give the PC-98 games the love they deserve when the time comes. In the meantime, have fun with the Windows games, And Don't Take It EASY (MODO)! (Awww, no Yukkuri smilie...)

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kirbyfan66
post Jan 23 2012, 08:37 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Active Squad

I'll likely get to the PC-98 games eventually. I hear the first one is like Arkanoid, so that'd be a good place to start.

Sadly couldn't get to downloading these today, though. Tomorrow I shall have the time to, though!

--------------------

+Quote Post

pikazapper
post Jan 30 2012, 03:29 PM
Post #12

The Pikachu Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 966

Teh Faves

I'm not a big fan of the PC-98 ones, myself. I like the Windows ones more, although I do like to play Phantasmagoria of Dim. Dream occasionally.
I've been playing lots of Double Spoiler lately. I'm stuck on Level 7. I like to play them because it helps me get better at dodging bullets, since in both games your only means of attack is Aya's camera. The spells do get difficult as you progress.

--------------------

Groups (click to show)
Friend Codes & Other Stuff (click to show)
*Rotating avatar made possible by Zerxer's randimg website.*
- Links - - DeviantArt - - YouTube - -
+Quote Post

Leon Kuwata
post Feb 2 2012, 06:41 PM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 149 240

Current RS Team

YES A TOUHOU THREAD

I love Touhou. I have a Flandre cursor and Patchouli's my favorite character.

EDIT: Okay, so I recently got a DL of EoSD from one of my friends and it's REALLY fun. I can't beat Meiling though... frickin' Rainbow Windchime...

This post has been edited by Flygonmaster: Aug 1 2012, 09:13 PM

--------------------
Loud and clear, 524
Freud? Keloid? Just hit the key
Everything, all's to be laughed at
Hurry, dance with all your foolishness
+Quote Post

Kirbyfan66
post Feb 4 2012, 07:20 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Active Squad

I've been pretty busy with a personal project of mine (which Touhou is actually involved in) so I haven't played much. Only own Scarlet Weather (still) and Embodiment. Highly enjoy both and I'm definitely going to get more games later on.

Only thing about Embodiment, though; my data doesn't save. Solution?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Inspector Gogoat
post Feb 4 2012, 08:18 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Woo, Parties!

QUOTE(Kirbyfan66 @ Feb 4 2012, 06:20 PM) *
I've been pretty busy with a personal project of mine (which Touhou is actually involved in) so I haven't played much. Only own Scarlet Weather (still) and Embodiment. Highly enjoy both and I'm definitely going to get more games later on.

Only thing about Embodiment, though; my data doesn't save. Solution?
Oooh, a personal project with Touhou! cat.gif

Huh, I haven't a problem with saving EoSD, but every so often, I have to restart my computer/laptop if I want to play it; it won't run properly otherwise (probably 'cuz of updates that come with restarting). Do you remember which mirror of the game you downloaded?

Hmmm, I didn't realize that Doujinstyle recently updated to V.2, but I'm sure they still have links to the old forums (I found one). They also still have links to the games, which is great.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kirbyfan66
post Feb 4 2012, 08:42 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Active Squad

Do I have to save the game manually? That might be it. When I'm done playing I just close it out. =P

I don't remember which game I downloaded (I just went to the doujin site), but I don't need to restart my computer to play it. I can play it fine, it just doesn't save. Not too big of a problem for EoSD, but I wanted to try out the Extra Stage when I got it and couldn't.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Inspector Gogoat
post Feb 4 2012, 09:10 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Woo, Parties!

QUOTE(Kirbyfan66 @ Feb 4 2012, 07:42 PM) *
Do I have to save the game manually? That might be it. When I'm done playing I just close it out. =P

I don't remember which game I downloaded (I just went to the doujin site), but I don't need to restart my computer to play it. I can play it fine, it just doesn't save. Not too big of a problem for EoSD, but I wanted to try out the Extra Stage when I got it and couldn't.

I don't think there's really a way to manually save, but what sorts of files appear with the executable? I think the one to look for specifically is a score.dat file...WAIT!!! Are you playing from the WinRAR archive, or have you extract the files from the WinRAR archive yet? If you haven't extracted from the WinRAR archive yet, then it won't save. You have to extract from the archive using WinRAR, then you can play and (auto)save.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kirbyfan66
post Feb 4 2012, 09:53 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Active Squad

I did indeed use WinRAR, although I have no idea about any of the files. Checking.

Yes, I do have score.dat. Weird...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Inspector Gogoat
post Feb 4 2012, 10:31 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Woo, Parties!

QUOTE(Kirbyfan66 @ Feb 4 2012, 08:53 PM) *
I did indeed use WinRAR, although I have no idea about any of the files. Checking.

Yes, I do have score.dat. Weird...

Is there any way you can show the files here? Like a screenshot or something?

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kirbyfan66
post Feb 4 2012, 10:42 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Active Squad

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n187/bo...gler/Files1.png
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n187/bo...gler/Files2.png

Replay has one replay in it (those save), BGM just has the BGM in it, and html has a bunch of game stuff I don't know about.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:06 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.