Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Breeding Incentives, Mission Cards
Rating 5 V
Yamper
post Jan 17 2017, 01:31 AM
Post #1

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

So, this was brought up in Discord chat so figured I'd post it here because why not? Worth a shot, after all.

As we all know there are less active users on the site. This means there are less active breeders available for eggs to be bred and donated to the shelter. Due to circumstances with errors and lag, the bot Alex and Thomas, whom used to breed a vast majority of eggs on the site have since been disabled leaving breeding to a small pool of users.

Understandably during Site-Wide Shiny Hunts, users will be breeding the 3 Pokémon hunted. Then what? What do these users go on to breed? Chances are, probably more pointless eggs that the shelter is already in abundance of.

This poses a few issues:
  • It has been quite difficult to shiny hunt various Pokémon, due to there being either a small number of users breeding or none at all. For example, I've been hunting Emolga since last year, as far as I've found (in terms of eggs) there is only a single active user who is breeding them, despite there being 4 total breeders (which in itself is still minuscule).
  • It also poses a problem to new members, with eggs being unable to be found. Yes, they may find some Pokémon in the Safari Zone to which they can then attempt to breed, but for how long? They might just breed it and then hatch a single egg, donate the last 4 and change their pairs.
  • It makes the site limited in terms of Pokédex completion; Egg, Pokémon and Shiny.
  • As of posting this, out of all breedable Pokémon on GPX+, there are 202 non Novelty Pokémon that have 5 or less breeders - and what are the chances that these users have been 'active' in the last few weeks?
  • Currently throughout the day we see around 2000-2500 users (ish), so there's definitely enough active accounts about, but most are breeding useless things we don't need.
So that aside, I'd like to suggest some form of incentive to get active users to breed Pokémon that have no breeders, or at least, next to no breeders and a smaller amount of eggs. I'd like to suggest 'Mission Cards'.

==============================================

Mission Cards

Mission Cards are a current feature in the game Pokémon Shuffle, by which each card consists of different tasks that a user must complete under different circumstances, in their own time. Upon completion of a task, you would receive so many stars; the more stars available the more difficult a task is to complete. After so many stars you would receive a prize, and once the card had been completed you would receive a 'Grand Prize', so to speak.

In the case of the site, different tasks for users to complete could be things like:
  • Breed a certain number of Pokémon egg species.
  • Hatch a certain number of species bred by other users. *
  • Level X Pokémon to 100. *
  • Breed a shiny of a certain Pokémon species.
* This is to serve the purpose of it not being 'pointless' to breed the eggs in the first place. No reason to breed them if there's no reason to hatch them, right?
* This I'm not particularly sure about. It was something I'd thought of to perhaps provide people with another means of Pokédex completion, among possible breeding pairs.

Mission Cards come with different difficulties, so a variety of colours would be ideal. Perhaps indicated by the number of tasks available, the longer the task and number of rewards available.

Rewards

Looking about for particular items to class as a 'reward', I came across a few different things that could be used. In the Unova games, there was a place called Abyssal Ruins that bore a variety of 'treasures' that trainers collected and then basically sold to collectors for a high price.
These were Relic Items:

How I feel this could work is as difficulty increases then different Relic Items are awarded as a prize, so Relic Copper would be the easiest and go up to perhaps the Relic Vase and the last 2 could merely be awarded randomly; more so within harder difficulty cards and perhaps just sold for points instead.

In addition to this random site items could also be given as rewards, VS Seeker Items, occasional Choice Items and maybe other Valuable Items. Other site items such as Flame Orbs could also be available too.

Summon Items could be a possibility as part of a more difficult reward, so they wouldn't appear under easier cards (to limit the possible abuse)

I did have in mind perhaps some form of exchange system for the Relic Coins, as so they're not completely useless. Instead of exchanging these Relic Coins for items, they could perhaps be used in exchange to gain access to higher cards, so in order to access a medium difficulty card you would need to have 4 Relic Coppers in your inventory. These would then be used up thus allowing you to access a medium difficulty card.

I'm not sure what else to say in regards to this, obviously ideas can be tweaked. I feel a limit would need to be placed on how many cards you can undergo at once or within a time period after completion.

Another thing that could be something to think about are multiplier days - obviously more eggs are created, so whether they would go towards the count or not is a different thing.

Thoughts on this? Any suggestions? Can guarantee you I've probably worded something only I can understand at 6:30am in the morning so let me know if anything sounds.. dodgy.

*Edited due to apparently incomprehensible text* toldyou

This post has been edited by x Sam: Jan 19 2017, 03:28 AM

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
EmmeBearPaw
post May 7 2017, 07:55 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 246 640

Active Squad

Really anything that encourages people to breed Pokémon that aren't already super common is something that I will wholeheartedly support. Seriously, I am the only breeder of Natu on the entire site. Pokemon like Natu completely fall of the face of the shelter if that one or two people decided to stop breeding them. There really does need to be a way to prevent more obscure Pokémon from falling out of existence, because if they do then it may cause a ripple effect of no new players breeding them because they can't get the Pokémon to actually breed.

This post has been edited by EmmeBearPaw: May 7 2017, 08:13 PM

--------------------
Sincerely,
EmmeBearPaw
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
x Sam   Breeding Incentives   Jan 17 2017, 01:31 AM
Gryphaena   I think your idea is useful and well thought out. ...   Jan 17 2017, 08:57 AM
Cryptic Lyric   I actually really like this idea. I know with my C...   Jan 17 2017, 09:46 AM
x Sam   QUOTE(Cryptic Lyric @ Jan 17 2017, 02:46 ...   Jan 17 2017, 10:02 AM
Cycloneblaze   You've always got the best suggestions, Sam. I...   Jan 17 2017, 03:24 PM
SilverPT   I support this as well. It would be even better i...   Jan 18 2017, 01:24 PM
Gryphaena   How would it work side by side with achievements? ...   Jan 18 2017, 02:04 PM
SilverPT   QUOTE(Gryphaena @ Jan 18 2017, 07:04 PM) ...   Jan 18 2017, 10:59 PM
x Sam   QUOTE(Gryphaena @ Jan 18 2017, 07:04 PM) ...   Jan 18 2017, 11:17 PM
Spoovo The Pirate   As someone who actively breeds obscure things (Cur...   Jan 21 2017, 04:34 PM
AregularFrankiefan   This is definitely an interesting idea, and I...   Sep 3 2017, 01:20 AM
InsaneMoments   Just a thought, i doubt it will be usable, but wha...   Jan 24 2017, 04:04 PM
x Sam   Second daycare could work along side things I gues...   Jan 25 2017, 12:10 PM
Manah   I love this suggestion (I'm definitely one of ...   Jan 28 2017, 12:08 PM
Tyranisaur   I don't think there's an inherent need to ...   Jan 28 2017, 12:27 PM
x Sam   QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ Jan 28 2017, 05:27 PM)...   Feb 13 2017, 01:51 AM
Indigo Dreams   Can we make the number of eggs produced per hour b...   Feb 14 2017, 02:31 AM
x Sam   QUOTE(Indigo Dreams @ Feb 14 2017, 02:31 ...   Feb 20 2017, 01:21 AM
Genocider Syo   QUOTE(x Sam @ Feb 19 2017, 10:21 PM) QUOT...   Mar 7 2017, 12:45 AM
Mars Adept Enten   I'd be for this, as some Pokémon *cough*Crabra...   Aug 18 2017, 10:40 PM
Cycloneblaze   QUOTE(x Sam @ Feb 13 2017, 06:51 AM) QUOT...   Aug 23 2017, 06:13 PM
YoRHa No9 Type S   Again, I think it would be important to make sure ...   Aug 23 2017, 09:18 PM
miu   I've given this some thought, and if the idea ...   Sep 17 2017, 04:17 AM
x Sam   QUOTE(miu @ Sep 17 2017, 10:17 AM) I...   Sep 17 2017, 06:58 AM
Emma Uchiha   I very recently returned to the site after a very,...   Sep 21 2017, 07:33 PM
x Sam   QUOTE(Emma Uchiha @ Sep 22 2017, 01:33 AM...   Sep 21 2017, 08:56 PM
Emma Uchiha   QUOTE(x Sam @ Sep 21 2017, 09:56 PM) I ge...   Sep 22 2017, 08:49 AM
Breech Loader   Part of the problem is that a lot of members of th...   Oct 15 2017, 08:23 AM
Cycloneblaze   QUOTE(Breech Loader @ Oct 15 2017, 02:23 ...   Oct 15 2017, 10:54 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:21 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.