Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Human Cloning: Yay or Nay?, Begun this clone war has...
TTD
post Jun 10 2009, 12:09 AM
Post #41

In reverence, she shall speak my name.
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Relegated to the obsidian of freezing celestial bodies.
Member No.: 2 480

Sorrowful Frost

QUOTE(Renji Tsukyomi @ Jun 3 2009, 02:38 PM) *
Organ cloning is fine, but a full human, I say nay. Those clones could and most likely will be used for war. After the wars are done, where do they go? They will take up room wherever they go. If they come to live among us, there will be no more housing room. And what will they be like? If you have watched Casshern, you would have an idea. If you have seen Star Wars, you would have another idea. I say no way to full human cloning.

EDIT: Plus, making clones is like playing GOD, and being that I am Calvinist Christian, I believe those that play god should go to hell.

Adding on to what I said before, yet not adding on, Killing a clone is technically not killing a human being, but is still wrong because you are killing something with a possible life of it's own. A neosapien if you will. In my religion, killing can and will send you to hell. Plus, it's killing for greed. Greed can lead to much more evil than just killing clones. It can lead to thoughts, even thoughts not related to cloning, such as creating a weapon that can wipe out a whole country. At some point, greed will destroy us all.

--------------------
Credits! (click to show)
Gym Badges and Frontier Symbols! (click to show)
If you like metal... (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kalith
post Jun 10 2009, 09:01 AM
Post #42

The voice inside your head.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 18 608

Astro Boy's Homies

No no no no.

Eww is what springs to mind.

How many failed attempts will occur before they get it right?, what will happen to the failed clones?, the ones that are deformed or handicapped and such.

How will they be treated by society?

If they can find a way to grow just organs, then yes go for it. Grow a new heart in a dish? Awesome.

Grow a human in a dish.. no freaking way.

--------------------

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
+Quote Post

Nue
post Jun 13 2009, 07:40 PM
Post #43

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 384

Active Squad

Every time I think of cloning I think of the movie ' The Island.'

I would say having bodily parts cloned such as organs and such that are fine but when it comes to creating full on human bodies, no. I'd feel that I was taking away life of some one or something that has the potential to be more than just a proverbial cow to the original copy's needs.

--------------------
On Board

Day Care
Vanillite x Vanillite

| |
+Quote Post

LT8
post Jun 13 2009, 07:44 PM
Post #44

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 450

Diamond Team

Yes to organs, no to full.

Only because I would get totally creeped out if they made a clone of me or anyone else I knew. Some people I have heard say it's so you could get the organ from them, why don't you just clone the organ then?

Anyway, It would be like a person who looks exactly like you and might even have a different personality *like a twin maybe* or maybe a person who has all of your memories and then doesn't know what to do with themselves because they are supposed to be like you... I just don't know. I personally would not want a clone. It makes me wonder if the clone would kill you to take your place because no one else knew you had a clone... too much uncertainties..

--------------------
+Quote Post

eneko
post Jun 13 2009, 07:48 PM
Post #45

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 311

Faves ❤

Nay to me .
You shouldn't clone a human , you never know what could happen . I mean like some strange disease can possibly appear but idk . But like peop have said above , you also can't bring dead people back to life .

--------------------

Fanart. (click to show)
+Quote Post

Vicky Chai Tea
post Jun 13 2009, 08:52 PM
Post #46

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 962

Active Squad

I think organ cloning is a terrific idea, and that it should be allowed if it isn't right now.

Human cloning would also be interesting, though certainly not necessary right now. I know that parts of the world are overpopulated, but cloning people could give us an insight into genetics and anatomy that we may not have been able to get in any other way. The clones will not grow up exactly like the person they where cloned from, like you guys said, and I think they should be able to decide when they reach a certain age if they want to be researched on anymore, or if they want to live normal lives.

As far as playing God, where do you draw the line? Technically, altering anything is akin to playing God. Making bread is taking things that god made (if you believe in that), mixing them, then making something new, something unnatural. But (as far as we know lol) bread is not dangerous, and is only very useful and tasty. So long as what we're doing isn't unnecessary, or unnecessarily damaging or anything like that, why not do it?

--------------------
I click back full party and warm eggs. I also feed the right fruits <3
+Quote Post

Airotia
post Jun 15 2009, 10:31 PM
Post #47

I'm ironically hip in some flip universe.
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 515

favvies

I think we're producing enough humans as it is. o_O I mean, we have women with 8 + kids, and humans living lives longer than nature PROBABLY dictates... So I think cloning full humans is wrong, just because of over-population.

I don't believe playing god is wrong, because we've been playing god since we discovered how to control fire.

As for organ cloning, that's fine. =3 I mean, why NOT help people live? xD Which kind of contradicts my whole "living lives longer than nature PROBABLY dictates" thing, but the more medical advances, the better.

--------------------

My Shinies
(click to show)

+Quote Post

SpiritWolf
post Jun 15 2009, 10:47 PM
Post #48

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 252

Mine

No.

--------------------
I CLICK BACK
+Quote Post

Pwners246
post Jun 17 2009, 09:51 AM
Post #49

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 247

Active Squad

Depends really on what the clones are for. If the cloning is for the replacing of body parts or something like that, I say yes. But if for other reasons, like maybe for war, no. Cloning also makes me think of Star Wars.

--------------------
Pokemon (click to show)

Groups (click to show)

Shinies

+Quote Post

Hoshiyo
post Jun 17 2009, 11:28 AM
Post #50

#1 Dark and Dragon Pokemon fan.
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 999

Dark Dragon Mage

No. Cloning is wrong and should have NEVER been thought of.

For those who said yay to the organ donation using the cloning tecnique, you may want to think this over again. Because CLONING IS WRONG MURDER. You can't make an organ grow outside of the human body; it's just not how anatomy works. You need to make a full human and take the parts out of them. And I say this is murder because 1. If they were created to donate organs, the clones won't get those oragns back 2. They will die, why? If someone needed a heart transplant, the clone will surely die. Think about it, no heart, duh. 3. Or if someone needed a kidney (but there are some people who's bodies reject them due to the genetic structure or whatever..) so they make a clone for the kidneys. If the patient needs both kidneys, the clone will yet again die. Same with a lot of the major organs, like the liver, lungs, heart, and other one's I can't spell.

So, here's my opinion, that cloning is defenatly MURDER.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Latee Hatori
post Jun 17 2009, 02:22 PM
Post #51

Latias Hatori Eevee
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 972

My Favorites

Yay on a perfected organ clone technique.
Nay on full human clones.

I don't know much about cloning and stuff...but for those who think we can't make organs outside of the body, I thought I had heard about livers and heart being cloned, but no humans...Even if that isn't true, if scientists can grow a human ear on the back of a mouse, surely they can figure out how to clone other body parts without cloning a full person (and also a way without using other animals in the future, poor mice.)

--------------------

x3.gif cat.gif XD OoO
The Pokemon Plasmeon: Mine x3.gif Plasmeon Egg: Delivery Bird cat.gif Plasmeon repose: Boke XD Ruusu OoO rubin

+Quote Post

legionsky
post Jul 1 2009, 10:19 AM
Post #52

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 40 070

Dream Team

I violently object cloning humans.
I mean, y waste such things on humans? Each of us is unique and only one of us is needed...there's no need for a shadow "you" to be cloned.
Anyway, the world gives birth to babies everyday, therefore there's no lack in human popularity. We don't need to clone humans.
In fact, cloning should be done on animals to prevent extinction. Or maybe some other things for better purposes, but not human, cause the necessity is unnecessary.

--------------------
+Quote Post

EarthKwake
post Jul 1 2009, 01:37 PM
Post #53

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 148

Uprising Pokemon

I'm the kind of person that is usually all for these kinds of things. The idea of cloning is great, but there are too many reasons why it would be a bad idea for the here and now.

First of all, we have no idea what effect cloning would have on the clone. They could have a deadly mutation, or grow a second head. Or worse, pass down these misfunction to their children.

Second, the human population is huge enough as it is. At the current rate of growth, we gain a billion people every ten years. We don't need any more people, and making everyone able to clone their dead relatives or themselves would not help the situation.

Morally, I don't think cloning is wrong at all, but we just can't handle the strain of it right now.

--------------------

Clicks appreciated. ^^

Adoptables (click to show)

I am... (click to show)

+Quote Post

Azreth
post Jul 1 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #54

Azreth
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 423

Active Squad

NAY! I SAY NAY!!!

--------------------

Hello! Please click my eggs? I'll be happy to return the favor!!
+Quote Post

Chaos Gallantmon
post Jul 2 2009, 03:46 PM
Post #55

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 978

Active Squad

I say yay to a degree. If we can clone a human heart so someone can live, then there is nothing wrong with that...yet if we clone an entire person, capable of thinking for themselves, then say their only purpose in life is to be an organ donor for their original, then that's cruel and unusual punishment

--------------------

Credit to my avatar goes to paperpecho
+Quote Post

Great Goddess Ga...
post Jul 9 2009, 07:48 PM
Post #56

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 655

My dream team

Organ cloning is ok if its cloned for organs people need but human clonage is wrong in my eyes just cloneing people for science is wrong there are times when science comes last.

--------------------
My pokemon are always hungry! care to help? Thank you.
The gardivor in my sig is NOT recolored by me creadit to pikalover10 for making that. Plus credit to whoever made the avvie I'm using because it wasn't me. I used to be Nosidam now I am Great Goddess Gardevoir! Spread the word!
+Quote Post

Cap
post Jul 10 2009, 12:54 AM
Post #57

Fravir, Warrior of Balance
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 675

Allen's Companions

OK guys..now here's a religious veiw for ya...so let's say you create a human from another...a CLONE....with no intent on doing anythiing bad to it. After all, it is a human being right? OK so let's get past the "Z0MG YUR PLAYN GAWD" thing i am a (very well educated) Christian, and here is the basis:

Does this clone, if it is truly a human being...does it have a SOUL? does it have a way to oneday see God or eternall be Damned? the minor religious guys are avoiding the question with their "you are playing God" excuse. they are trying not to think hard cause it might hurt!

i say nay to cloning...

if you dont beleive in God though what's stopping you then? clone away!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Jul 10 2009, 02:25 AM
Post #58

Smiting Fundamentalists since the 1980's.
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 334

Active Squad

Play Xenosaga- it does a really good job on handling the ethical and political issues on human cloning very well. Another good source for something that answers the issue well is The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer. It's a really intense book despite it being in the category of young adult. If you're interested then pick them up.

--------------------
~~~~Credit goes to Commander Wymsy.

Important info about myself (click to show)
+Quote Post

King Calamity
post Jul 10 2009, 02:27 PM
Post #59

Philosopher
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 187

Wonders of Existence

QUOTE(Captain1986 @ Jul 9 2009, 10:54 PM) *
if you dont beleive in God though what's stopping you then? clone away!

uhh... theres about three pages back there about whats stopping us non-christians from "cloning away".

--------------------

Previous Names:
The Enigmatic Trainer
SilverTheIronKnight

EGGS (click to show)

CREDITS (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jul 11 2009, 01:21 AM
Post #60

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

QUOTE(Captain1986 @ Jul 10 2009, 12:54 AM) *
OK guys..now here's a religious veiw for ya...so let's say you create a human from another...a CLONE....with no intent on doing anythiing bad to it. After all, it is a human being right? OK so let's get past the "Z0MG YUR PLAYN GAWD" thing i am a (very well educated) Christian, and here is the basis:

You have a very high view of yourself don't you? "I'm a very egocentric individual" is all I can see from this paragraph. bored.gif

Does this clone, if it is truly a human being...does it have a SOUL? does it have a way to oneday see God or eternall be Damned? the minor religious guys are avoiding the question with their "you are playing God" excuse. they are trying not to think hard cause it might hurt!

Answer me this question first. What is a soul?

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:27 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.