Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
In the Jungle, the Mighty Jungle, The Lion Sleeps tonight
Captain Combuske...
post Mar 4 2010, 01:26 PM
Post #1

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10 944

Zack Aiza's Team

In the Jungle, the Mighty Jungle

The Lion Sleeps tonight

Dawn over Barley was always a pretty nice affair. Alex woke up, yawning as he stretched his muscles, not unlike a cat. He sat up, rubbing his eyes. Today, he was leaving on the S.S. Empress to go to Fidona. Alex smiled as he turned his body to face the wall opposite him. It was a relatively small room, but Alex didn't care. It was only temporary, after all.

Alex presently got out of bed, and went towards his backpack. It was a relatively big backpack, but Alex was still shocked at the fact that it could hold his five change of clothes and on top of that all his other stuff, like his Pokemon, his wallet, his notebook, his phone, his food pack, his Ipod, his DS, Pokemon food and lots of other things. He rummaged around inside this backpack, and picked out his outfit for today: a Yellow T-shirt and blue jeans. The Yellow T-shirt had a picture of the three Hoenn starters on it. Alex owned all three of these, in the forms of Treecky, Blaze and Swamps.

Alex put on these clothes, and then got up, going downstairs into the hallway of the hotel. He saw the receptionist. He and his friends had already been acquainted earlier. She was a lovely old woman, full of a strong passion for life and very nice to all she met.
"Mornin', Mrs. Greaves!" he said
"Good morning, young Alex."
"Could you pass a note on to my friends? I'm just going out to replenish my supplies and all of that stuff. I'm having breakfast next door."
"Ok. That's fine. Will I be seeing you later?"
"Probably."
Alex left the Hotel Tuxen, heading out to the small food shop in the town, Jamison's. Once there, he bought some food. He ate quite healthily, so took a lot of dried fruit, as well as an apple for today's lunch. He also got a big pack of Doritos crisps, his favourite, as well as a large pack of Yorkie bars. Finally, he bought a bunch of Cokes. Thanking the store clerk, he left, going towards the small restaurant next to his hotel. He sat down, and before long a waiter came to the table.
"Can I get sir anything?" he asked.
"I'm no sir. But I'd like some cereal please, and some toast. Butter and Nutella to go with please."
"Certainly."

As Alex waited for his food, his eyes wandered to the door. As he did this, the door opened. In came the boy who Alex expected to see the least. Thomas Hawk. Thomas, or Tom as he was called, was quite a good friend of Alex'. They met quite recently, whilst Alex was near Gigarte, Tom's home town. The two boys had got reasonably close in this small time.
"Tom!" he exclaimed.
"Alex? Is that really you?" replied the blond, muscular youth, clearly happy and shocked at the same time.
"What are you doing in this neck of Furoh?" asked Alex.
"Oh, y' know, jus' going to Fidona. I heard there's a little co-ordinating contest or something, nothing major, it's just I need to fine tune my skills a little."
"I'm going there to get my badge. Also, me and my new friends are visiting Fidona ruins. It's gonna be real fun!"
"New friends?"
"Tikal Faylen and Tyson Parker. They're coming on the boat with me. I met them along the north route, not long after you left! We went to a little island where we freed some Pokemon from Team Deception."
"Cool. You'll have to tell me about this little adventure of yours. I'll tell you my travels after."
Alex began telling Tom the story of the Island.

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Toogee
post Mar 26 2011, 09:20 AM
Post #2

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

QUOTE(2gamers)
Maxi watched as Tikal emerged on stage, issuing her challenge. Back on the beach, she seemed shy, almost defeatist as she watched her friend return from his loss. Now, Tikal had a fire in her eyes; she wanted a win. Whether she would be able to keep that fire was another story.

“So you think your pokemon can withstand the power of fists and waves?” Maxi asked. “Very well, but know this. In my society, women are held with high regard. As such, I won’t be holding back.”

As he spoke, Maxi withdrew three pokeballs from his belt. The pokeballs rolled against his fingers, waiting to be unleashed. As soon as he finished, the gym leader tossed two of the balls in front of him, revealing a tyrouge and a croagunk. His next pokemon was released at his side: a buizel. While the otter pokemon simply crossed his arms at the opponent, the pair of fighting pokemon immediately proceeded to do some stretches. Tyrouge began with a few push-ups, while Croagunk did several practice punches in the air.

“Now, reveal your team and make your move.”

QUOTE(rt117)
As her hand dropped towards her pocket to retrieve two of her Pokeballs, she took one last opportunity to consider her options. Igglybuff, who was noticing that she was only pulling forth two of the orbs from her pockets, gave her a rather worried and questioning look with her large round eyes as she tugged on the sleeve of her shirt. Surely the girl wasn't considering sending her out into battle? Glancing about at the water with something of a shiver, she clung tighter to her shirt, before Tikal plucked the Pokemon and set her down with an almost reassuring look.

"You'll do fine." she reassured, patting the Balloon Pokemon's head lightly with her hand, before standing back to her full height and shifting the Pokeballs into each of her hands. From the left she released Nidoran, who stood readily beside Igglybuff, giving the two challenging Fighting types something of a glare. However noticing their lack of attention, he quickly shifted his attention to the rather worried Igglybuff at his side. Without warning, the rubbery pink Pokemon quickly took cover behind the more intimidating of the pair, only peeking from behind at the two fighting types.

From her right hand, a burst of white light revealed a rather overexcited Totodile, though at the site of the rather smirk attitude of the Buizel from across the battlefield, seemed to calm at his new opponent. "At least Totodile seems prepared." Tikal thought, somewhat unsure of Igglybuff's unease. Though so long as she stayed back and aided defensively, maybe things wouldn't be too bad. "Just keep back." she told her baby Pokemon, before looking to Maxi and giving him a ready nod.

"Let's go guys, start on the defense! Igglybuff, try Charm on Croagunk, and Nidoran use Focus Energy!"
As if on cue, Igglybuff let out a happy call towards Croagunk, trying to distract it from its workout and captivate it with his cute charm, while Nidoran shifted into a defensive stance, eyes seeming to intensify towards the two fighting types. Hopefully it would take Maxi's Pokemon just the amount of time hers needed to move onto the offensive.

QUOTE(2gamers)
Despite the uncertainty of the igglybuff’s effectiveness, Tikal led with it and a nidoran. This surprised Maxi: a normal type would most certainly face difficulty against his fighting types, especially one so young. Surely, she must have some trick up her sleeve.

The challenger began with status moves, the nidoran attempting to raise his critical while the igglybuff lowered croagunk’s attack. The croagunk blushed as the igglybuff charmed him with her cute looks. Maxi regained the croagunk’s attention upon ordering attacks.

“Tyrouge, Fake Out that nidoran! Croagunk, follow up with Mud Slap.”

The tyrouge quickly rushed over to the nidoran, slapping both his hands toward the sides of the poison pokemon’s head. This would hopefully disrupt the nidoran’s focus. Meanwhile, the croagunk built up a wad of mud in his right hand, courtesy of a special gland that secreted mud. Normally, this gland would be used to spread mud over the croagunk’s body to preserve its moist skin. Here, however, it would be used to throw a wad of mud towards the nidoran’s face.

It was quite clear that Maxi’s main focus was on the nidoran.

QUOTE(rt117)
As Maxi ordered both of his Pokemon to go after her Nidoran, Tikal found herself to be both relieved and worried. While it meant that they were both going after her strongest Pokemon and leaving her Igglybuff alone, she wasn't entirely certain on how well Nidoran could hold up against two opponents, especially after coming out of an earlier battle.

"Nidoran, use Peck on Croagunk when it gets close!" she called, running through a quick strategy in her head. If the Tyrogue landed the attack on one of Nidoran's spikes, then there was a good chance the Pokemon would be poisoned as a result. Croagunk on the other hand would not suffer the same ill effects, and its attack was sure to cause more harm to her Pokemon anyways. However as the Tyrogue landed its attack, the Nidoran's attention on the second Pokemon was lost, instead receiving the Croagunk's Mud Slap. Taking the attack rather hard, Nidoran was forced back toward the edge of the water, mud covering its face.

Now concerned about Nidoran's status, Tikal tried to think of something to do quickly before he took in another blow. It was then she noticed Igglybuff, still standing on the other end of the battlefield, looking a little irritated as its Charm had become ignored by the Croagunk. That was when she had an idea, to solve two problems at once.

"Nidoran, jump backward into the water!" Tikal called, hoping this time it would work. Not having to go too far, the purple Poison Pokemon vanished under the surface of the water, the mud slowly washing from its face to disperse into the rest of the surroundings. Then glancing to Igglybuff, she called: "Now Igglybuff, use Sing!"

Eyes lighting up the moment she was called upon to use her voice, Igglybuff let out a happy cry, before twirling around in a circle once, and beginning to sing an enchanting song to lull the two Fighting Pokemon into a deep slumber.

QUOTE(2gamers)
Maxi saw his critical error just after Tikal ordered her pokemon. He had underestimated her igglybuff’s abilities. Though it appeared to be a weak fighter, it still had the ability to inflict more status ailments. With the ability to sing, the igglybuff threatened to stall the gym leader’s entire team. While his tyrouge managed to avoid the effect, his croagunk wasn’t so lucky. Already charmed by her cute looks, the poison frog was serenaded by the lovely tune. The attack took away the poison frog’s fighting spirit, causing him to sit down and listen fully. The lullaby quickly took effect, causign the croagunk to doze off in his sitting position.

Maxi would have to change up his strategy. If the little puffball continued charming and singing, she would dull the effectiveness of his fighting force. That alone could put victory in the young girl’s favor. He refocused his attention on the igglybuff.

“It seems I’ve underestimated your little one,” Maxi said to Tikal. “Tyrouge, Mach Punch on that igglybuff!”

The scuffle pokemon rushed across the stage with new resolve. He completely ignored the nidoran, running towards the igglybuff. With speed undetected by the naked eye, he launched his attack on the normal type just as he would a punching bag.

QUOTE(rt117)
With a look of panic as the Tyrogue vanished from view, Igglybuff, glanced around for a path of escape, but before she could even take a step the attack contacted. Even the Pokemon's plush body could not fully protect it from the Fighting Pokemon's forceful swing, sending the baby Pokemon soaring into the water. With a rather sorrowful expression, Igglybuff floated on the surface of the water, staring back at her foe with large watery eyes, attempting to captivate her foe with her Cute Charm before he could attempt to finish her off.

With an expression of horror, Tikal tried not to look at her poor Pokemon, already feeling terrible for sending out her young one into battle. It was her fault that she had gotten hurt, and she should have known better. Perhaps Charmander would have been the better of the two to use, though even with maturity, the battlefield they were forced to play on did not yield any advantage type-wise. Yet as her eyes fell upon her Igglybuff, Tikal saw something that nobody else saw: determination. Even though her Pokemon was batter and bruised, she still wanted to stay in, to hold out for as long as she could. It was that alone that kept the inexperienced trainer from calling her back, for it would do no justice to hold her back.

Climbing back onto solid ground after having cleaned the mud from his face, Nidoran moved forward toward the slumbering Croagunk, horn poised for a direct Peck attack. He was caught off guard by a loud cry, ears twitching at the hurt sound, and as he rose his head he saw the end of the Tyrogue's attack, Iggybuff falling into the water. Eyes fixated on the Fighting Pokemon, Nidoran completely forgot about the captivated opponent, anger burning in his eyes as he stormed toward the offender.

Tikal quickly caught sight as her Nidoran moved toward the Tyrogue, noticing the enraged look on his face. He was the protector of their little family, and he was obviously hurt by the harm that had come to the baby Pokemon. And with his anger came his determination to knock out Tyrogue, to avenge the family. Tikal couldn't help but smile.

"Peck, now!"

Not even needing the command, Nidoran charged at the Tyrogue like an enraged Tauros, horn poised at the Tyrogue's slender body, intending to cause maximum injury.

QUOTE(2gamers)
Most pokemon that Tyrouge hit were often annoyed or angry afterwords. Imagine the fighting pokemon’s surprise when the igglybuff looked at him with sadness in her eyes. She was a cute and innocent creature that did nothing but charm and sing. It made the inexperienced tyrouge feel a bit guilty about punching her face. As a result, Igglybuff’s Cute Charm had an effect on the brawler.

“Tyrouge, dodge!”

The tyrouge was so distracted with the igglybuff’s charm, he was thrown completely offguard when the nidoran barreled into him. The peck connected with the target with great force, a critical hit. The tyrouge held his side in pain as he fell over, overwhelmed by the attack. Maxi had no choice but to withdraw the fainted pokemon.

Despite the loss, things were starting to look up in Maxi’s favor. His croagunk had just woken up in time to rejoin the fight with the buizel. The otter pokemon did not need to be told to move on stage. Maxi’s pokemon had been trained to double battle; they knew what to do when an ally was knocked out.

“You may have claimed the first pokemon, but don’t get too cocky. You have yet to taste our full strength.”

With that, the gym leader commanded the buizel to perform a quick attack on the igglybuff. It may have been a tough lesson for the baby pokemon, but she was still a threat to his team. Meanwhile, he commanded his croagunk to distract the nidoran with an astonish attack. The poison frog croaked quite loudly as socked his opponent on his side.

At the end of the attacks, the croagunk leaped back to his side of the stage, while the buizel remained in the water to await orders.

This post has been edited by 2gamers: Mar 26 2011, 10:34 AM
Reason for edit: Added one last post.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Alex Slasher   In the Jungle, the Mighty Jungle   Mar 4 2010, 01:26 PM
Protoman   Within the grassy forest filled with lush green tr...   Mar 4 2010, 02:32 PM
rt117   From behind Tyson clapping could be heard, a slend...   Mar 4 2010, 06:33 PM
Metal Nate   Nate woke up in his home to his normal alarm, the ...   Mar 5 2010, 06:53 AM
Alex Slasher   Once Alex had finished his story, the boys left th...   Apr 30 2010, 04:43 AM
rt117   "Hey Tyson! We should get going!...   May 2 2010, 03:27 PM
Alex Slasher   "It's no Probs, Tikal. Hey Tyson!...   Jun 3 2010, 02:13 PM
rt117   Tikal smiled lightly as she watched Thomas struggl...   Jun 3 2010, 04:17 PM
Alex Slasher   Alex, at the heart of it, was still quite a young ...   Jun 4 2010, 10:14 AM
rt117   At the commotion coming from the other room, Tikal...   Jun 4 2010, 02:54 PM
Alex Slasher   Alex turned round, listening to Tikal's remark...   Jun 6 2010, 04:30 AM
rt117   Following them up and out onto the deck, Tikal had...   Jun 6 2010, 08:50 AM
Alex Slasher   Stryk came out, as she always did, with a very def...   Jun 8 2010, 02:33 PM
rt117   "That was pretty quick." Tikal stated as...   Jun 8 2010, 07:38 PM
Protoman   With a stretch and a yawn, Tyson finally awoke fro...   Jun 11 2010, 10:34 PM
rt117   Having not gotten much of a response out of the tw...   Jun 11 2010, 10:49 PM
Protoman   "Of course," Tyson said, grinning widely...   Jun 11 2010, 11:11 PM
Alex Slasher   Alex simply hadn't heard Tikal. He was wonderi...   Jun 12 2010, 06:59 AM
Protoman   Tyson looked up and saw Alex looking at Tikal...   Jun 12 2010, 07:48 AM
rt117   Tikal grinned sheepishly as she rubbed the back of...   Jun 12 2010, 11:57 AM
Alex Slasher   "I like your Pidgey, dude!" said Ale...   Jun 13 2010, 05:06 AM
Protoman   "Sounds cool man," Tyson said before rec...   Jun 13 2010, 04:19 PM
Alex Slasher   Alex had hated it when this had happened before. H...   Jun 14 2010, 10:16 AM
rt117   The moment Tyson bolted out of the room, Tikal got...   Jun 14 2010, 03:56 PM
Protoman   After hearing the bellowing of an apparently burly...   Jun 14 2010, 08:29 PM
rt117   Tikal yawned as she rolled over, a sudden cry caus...   Jun 15 2010, 07:14 PM
Alex Slasher   Alex's clothes were on in an instant. He. Qui...   Jun 17 2010, 11:47 AM
Protoman   "Sweet," Tyson exclaimed, rubbing his st...   Jun 18 2010, 07:27 AM
Alex Slasher   Alex started to laugh at Tyson. "Dude, breakf...   Jun 22 2010, 07:39 AM
Protoman   After taking a bite of his strip of bacon, Tyson l...   Jun 22 2010, 06:06 PM
rt117   As the subject came up to discussion, Tikal listen...   Jun 22 2010, 07:44 PM
Alex Slasher   quick note (click to showhide) Sorry, I've bee...   Jun 26 2010, 08:04 AM
Protoman   With a low whistle, Tyson looked at the machine co...   Jul 7 2010, 06:20 PM
Alex Slasher   Alex nodded at Tyson and Tikal's arrival into ...   Jul 8 2010, 11:42 AM
rt117   Tikal nodded slightly in response to Tyson's c...   Jul 8 2010, 02:11 PM
Alex Slasher   Roselia and Geodude, however, did not faint; they ...   Jul 9 2010, 11:40 AM
Protoman   After hearing Tikal state that she was going to th...   Jul 11 2010, 04:50 PM
rt117   Tikal nodded and quickly walked past Tyson and Ale...   Jul 11 2010, 05:27 PM
Protoman   "Charmander and Totodile," Tyson said to...   Jul 18 2010, 08:27 AM
rt117   Tikal smiled slightly at Tyson's confident che...   Jul 25 2010, 10:28 PM
Alex Slasher   Alex looked seriously at Tikal, who was visibly ve...   Aug 2 2010, 09:39 AM
rt117   (ooc: actually she won that battle. The reason she...   Aug 2 2010, 09:53 AM
Proby   It was the next morning on the S.S. Empress, and t...   Sep 13 2010, 11:08 AM
rt117   Unfortunately for Tikal, she had missed out on the...   Sep 13 2010, 04:00 PM
Proby   Minutes later, Alex stepped off the boat, and onto...   Sep 30 2010, 08:52 AM
rt117   For the most part of their disembark from the ferr...   Sep 30 2010, 07:43 PM
Protoman   "Wait up," A voice called from behind th...   Dec 10 2010, 11:44 AM
Proby   Alex looked back in surprise. "How... Never m...   Dec 10 2010, 02:01 PM
Protoman   With Tyson noticing Alex groaning, he followed Str...   Dec 10 2010, 02:28 PM
rt117   Tikal watched as the two simply headed off without...   Dec 10 2010, 06:48 PM
Protoman   Tyson scratched his head a little bit, blushing a ...   Dec 10 2010, 07:09 PM
rt117   "Well... the sooner we get up these steps, th...   Dec 10 2010, 07:30 PM
Protoman   info. (click to showhide)this was a conversation b...   Dec 10 2010, 10:01 PM
Proby   ooc (click to showhide)Ehm... guys... Tom followed...   Dec 12 2010, 01:00 PM
rt117   ooc: neither of us mentioned anything about Tom th...   Dec 12 2010, 02:19 PM
Proby   ooc (click to showhide)"Finally, he got back ...   Dec 14 2010, 02:33 PM
Protoman   "No time," Tyson exclaimed, "right ...   Dec 23 2010, 06:32 PM
rt117   "Hey wait, what are you-" Before she co...   Dec 30 2010, 11:01 AM
Proby   "Oh, I'm ready!" shouted Alex. W...   Dec 30 2010, 11:13 AM
Protoman   After the door opened and Tyson saw the spears fly...   Dec 30 2010, 02:04 PM
rt117   Collab (click to showhide)Another collab post with...   Dec 30 2010, 07:57 PM
2gamers   (Joint post by Proby and myself) QUOTE(2gamers)“...   Jan 8 2011, 09:19 PM
Proby   ooc (click to showhide)3rd and final collab post b...   Feb 1 2011, 10:51 AM
rt117   Tikal watched as the Lapras returned, Alex quickly...   Feb 2 2011, 11:53 AM
rt117   QUOTE(rt117)Before she could even celebrate her fi...   Apr 17 2011, 11:44 AM
Proby   Alex was indeed located at the Pokemon Center. he ...   Apr 19 2011, 06:01 AM
rt117   Playing with the Gym Badge in her pocket as she wa...   Apr 19 2011, 03:33 PM
Proby   Alex nodded at Tikal's answer to his question....   Apr 20 2011, 05:01 AM
rt117   It was obvious from the tone in his voice that Ale...   Apr 21 2011, 04:34 PM

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:31 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.