Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Colress or Ghetsis - which one's the insaner Plasma?
Colress or Ghetsis
Which one's the most insane?
Colress [ 5 ]  [17.86%]
Ghetsis [ 23 ]  [82.14%]
Total Votes: 28
Guests cannot vote 

Pyotr
post Nov 13 2012, 10:33 AM
Post #1

Sugar Content
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 143 069

Unown

SPOILER ALERT

This thread may contain Black 2 and White 2 spoilers up to the Elite Four. If you don't want to see any spoilers before that, please don't go any further.

~

Colress and Ghetsis. After seeing their quotes, I have no doubt that both of these honestly must have a screw or two loose. And I was wondering which one of them do you guys find the most insane? I really can't pick...

SPOILER - Quotes - SPOILER (click to show)

This post has been edited by Synchronize: Nov 13 2012, 10:36 AM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Nov 13 2012, 10:37 AM
Post #2

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Ghetsis by far.

To me Colress seems like a common scientist who gets confused and angry about his work. Ghetsis on the other hand, is a psychotic bastard.

That is all. After what he did in Giant Chasm and all the other things he wanted/wants to try and do...yeah.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Tytannial
post Nov 13 2012, 02:05 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 176 634

Penguins!

QUOTE(Samoo @ Nov 13 2012, 10:37 AM) *
Ghetsis by far.

To me Colress seems like a common scientist who gets confused and angry about his work. Ghetsis on the other hand, is a psychotic bastard.

That is all. After what he did in Giant Chasm and all the other things he wanted/wants to try and do...yeah.

This. I could not phrase it better.

hetriedtokillyouforeffssake. O.o;

--------------------

Roleplay Characters (click to show)

A few test results: (click to show)
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Nov 14 2012, 08:55 AM
Post #4

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

Colress was pretty cool with me. He was just trying to figure out what the most efficient strengthening method for Pokemon was. He should have been genre savvy enough to realize from the start that the abuse method would have been weaker (it's a weak/ineffective motivator in real life, for heaven's sake), but at least he figured it out in the end.

Ghetsis was worse because, unlike most of the villains in Pokemon games, he knew exactly what he was doing and what the effects would be. Having said that, I do tire of people crying "OMG SO EEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVIIILLLLLLL!!111 HEZ DA WURST EVAR!!!" because all of the other villain plans were just as bad, but in different ways. It's just that Ghetsis was finally smart about his plan and took a greater number of factors into account. Cyrus was worse than Ghetsis, IMO, trying to change the anatomy of the souls of mankind and remake the world in his image. Ghetsis just wanted nobody to have Pokemon but him, and to take over the country.

I'm glad he was a smarter villain, though, and came off as far more dangerous because of it, and became even more dangerous when he freaked out at his loss. I love the adorably stupid/clueless villains (Galactic Grunts, Team Aqua/Magma) because they make for a more lighthearted, low pressured story, but Ghetsis was a nice change of pace. I felt like I was taking on a villain closer to my intelligence level.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Rhapsody
post Nov 14 2012, 02:24 PM
Post #5

you got some nice boulders
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 795

porgeymins

I feel like Colress is more of an opportunist whereas Ghetsis is just a coldhearted manipulator. I didn't really feel like Colress is a "boss" when I talked to him/battled him; he felt more like some guy who latched onto the best opportunity to conduct his research. He also seems to appreciate the player's outlook, which makes him more of a morally-ambiguous guy in my opinion.

As previously mentioned, Ghetsis knows exactly what he's doing but simply doesn't give a shit. Given how his delusions are completely shattered, I'd say he's the crazier one. I like how it's implied that he completely lost his marbles after the main story... he couldn't have the power so he just snapped.

--------------------
+Quote Post

kitsunaii
post Apr 22 2013, 04:11 PM
Post #6

Octillery!
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 591

Nyaa!

Ghetsis is more insane by far. He was going about his plan in a clever way, but he didn't seem to account for some things that most people would not have overlooked, like N maybe not cooperating with him and there being someone whose Pokemon were stronger than his. I actually absolutely adore Colress, he seems like he's just there for the sake of research and only seems to care about that and not at all about which side he is on. He talks to the player like they are peers rather than enemies and seems to see everything from a purely scientific standpoint.

--------------------
+Quote Post

nitrodog96
post Jun 27 2013, 06:49 PM
Post #7

bewm
Group Icon

From: In a burning ring of fire, channeling the power of the flames.
Member No.: 61 870

Platinum Team

I'll give my opinions.

Colress - Just an over-interested scientist who gets confused/overenthusiastic about his work.

Ghetsis - A crazy, scheming madman trying to take over the world with brute force, not caring about the citizens.

Colress could technically be considered a normal (albeit slightly wacky) person. Ghetsis... well, he should be put in an asylum for life.

--------------------
I used to be Cyogre, ILoveTaillowHesCute, TaillowIsCuteAndCool, Tart Spop, Tartius Spopius, Tartii, King of the Eevees and MasteroftheFlames. If you know me under any of those names, yeah, that's me.

In-Game Teams (click to show)

Hoping to get Social Networking! I'd really appreciate an add.

Arcanine! (click to show)

Miscellaneous (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

Hiro Dragon
post Jul 9 2013, 09:28 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 179 545

Active Squad

Ghetsis is very insane man he is so crazy and Creepy in B2/W2 just see this:http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Spr_B2W2_Ghetsis.png

--------------------
W2FC:3697-8772-4461
[/size]
http://www.pokemoncreed.net/register.php?r=282283

The best game ever.

Click the link.
+Quote Post

Kazyx
post Jul 19 2013, 01:41 PM
Post #9

Veteran Kaz would like to battle!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 227

ElecPsy Team

Ghetsis by far was the more insane Plasma. As many have stated before, Colress was just a scientist who took the opportunity of a lifetime to take his scientific skills to the test. He was morally-ambiguous, as he understood the reasoning behind The Player's motives, and being kind to their Pokemon to unlock their true potential. He was simply using science to see if it was possible to unlock their true potential for anyone, rather than those who cannot be as kind to their Pokemon as The Player, the Gym Leaders, and the Elite Four.

Meanwhile, Ghetsis on the other hand, was a complete maniac from the get-go. He used trickery from the start to convince people to free their Pokemon, so that Team Plasma could enslave them for themselves, and so they were the only ones left with Pokemon by their side. He used N as a puppet whom he brainwashed with ideals that Pokemon and humans could not live side by side as they were doing now. During the course of Black and White N ended up seeing the wrong, as The Player showed him the truth, and that Ghetsis had merely tricked him, as he was doing to the citizens of Unova.

When N was freed from the years and years spent by Ghetsis to corrupt him, trying to turn him into the king that he could rule, he fought out at The Player in a fit of rage, and was beaten both in part by his rage clouding his judgement, his motives, and the way he treated Pokemon as tools and not partners. Mind you, his battle theme is, in my opinion, the best villain battle theme the Pokemon games have seen.

While Colress was classed as the villain in Black and White 2 for a bit, it was, once again, Ghetsis pulling the strings. This time, he was using science as his tool and brute force as his weapon, rather than trickery. After Colress left, Ghetsis was once again, alone. His chance of forcing his ideals upon the world were slowly slipping from his hands once more, as they had 2 years prior. The Player then chases Ghetsis to the Giant Chasm, where Kyurem lived.

When The Player encounters Ghetsis in person, Ghetsis can see a look in the eyes of The Player, one that he has not seen for a couple of years now. They reminded him of The Player from the first game. A nobody. A nobody that stood between him and his ideals and end goal. Seeing this look again, Ghetsis takes no chances and tries to destroy The Player before they try and stop him once and for all. N shows up in the nick of time, and he is once again reminded of the Player from the first game.

Ghetsis captures N's legendary, and fuses Kyurem with them, and tries to destroy The Player. This fails, and Kyurem abandons Ghetsis. Ghetsis' dreams are shattered. He then snaps, and takes his rage out on The Player. It is noteworthy to put here that Ghetsis' theme music from the first game is played here, but at a much faster pace, and one that seems to hint at a loss of sanity. Ghetsis loses again, and vanishes, either to plot further and hope for a much more successful plan to ignite in his mind, or hide from the world forever.

By far, Ghetsis is the more insane Plasma, not only due to really being the only true Plasma (As N and Colress were technically tricked to work for him), but his overall actions throughout the course of Black and White, and their sequels truly show the fall of a man from the path of evil and tyranny, to the path of a psychotic criminal who wishes complete destruction upon the world.

--------------------
Click one of the images below to be directed to my profile on the shown website

+Quote Post

The Unholy Diver
post Jul 25 2013, 09:56 PM
Post #10

The asteriotypical one
Group Icon

From: The wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell
Member No.: 161 989

Z's Team (so far)

By legal definition (at least where i am), Insanity is defined as the "inability to control one's thoughts or actions."

From what i've seen, colress was in complete controll of himself the whole time. Not saying everything he did was absolutely pure, but he was still in controll of himself.

Also from what i've seen, Ghetis seems to have absolutely no controll over himself. Like at the end of Black 2 when he snapped at N. He completely broke down in every way. Probably not insane enough to use the insanity defence in a court of law, because he was more than capable of rational though if he was able to plan out how to take over Unova not once, but twice, but he's certainly much more insane than Colress.

I don't really see anything much insane about Colress, just an overdedicated scientist.

So thats why i think Ghetis is the more insane plasma.

--------------------
Thanks to the mobile site, I'm back on gpx!

I CAN CLICK BACK NOW

credit (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:48 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.