Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Male/Female sprites, in the Pokédex...
Rating 5 V
DraconicDM
post Oct 7 2016, 12:41 PM
Post #1

Lab Hunter
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 244 427

Active Squad

I do not understand, why it's not implemented. It should be so simple and so obvious.

As it is right now, you cannot view Female Sprites in the pokédex. The female pokémon have the correct sprites, the Sprite Changer works correctly, in cases like Frillish, even the small sprites are the proper gender.
But in the Pokédex it's not even mentioned, that there's a different female sprite.

I can think of three ways to include female sprites in the pokédex:

The first, and easiest would be to simply put the female sprites next to the male ones, if they are different. Of course, though this is the easiest solution, this is the one that messes up the current layout the most. Simply, the extra sprites would take too much space in the pokédex entries.

The second way would be to show the female sprites similarly to how the alternative sprites are showed now. It should be easy to implement, but I think this method is far from ideal. To me, while it's much better than the current state, it would only be a temporary solution.

The third (and imo best) method would be to put a button somewhere on the pokédex entry, which could switch between the male and female sprites. It would change both the normal and shiny sprite to the female version, and the alternative sprites would also show the female version (for those that have).

I searched a bit for related topics, and I think this was last suggested about 4 years ago. Though the suggestion only mentioned the first way.
I'm interested in what you think. Is it just me, who thinks this is important? Is there some reason I don't know about, that makes it impossible? Or do you have some other ideas about including the female sprites in the pokédex?

p.s.: The minimum would be for the Dex data section to include something like "This pokémon has a different female sprite".

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:04 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.