Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
GL1TCH, Who's in control now?
Qs from Psycho
What's your opinion on this RP style?
I like it. I think there's a good balance. [ 6 ]  [75.00%]
Pretty good, but I wish there was more freedom. [ 2 ]  [25.00%]
Pretty good, but I wish there were more solid rules. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
NO NO NO, CHANGE IT BACK TO THE OLD WAY. D: [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
There needs to be numbered stats if this is ever going to work :/ [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Don't give a crap ^.^ [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Votes: 8
Guests cannot vote 

PsychoStapler
post Sep 15 2013, 09:30 PM
Post #1

Ph.D in being an idiot
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 204 788

Needs 5th and 6th Gen

Prologue (click to show)

Based on many a creepypasta and RPGs, GL1TCH is a fairly unique RP style. Rather than everyone having characters and all deciding on what happens in the environment, one person controls major things such as monsters, places, and loot. What makes it different from D&D and other such RPGs is that their are no stats, preset class builds, or other similar personal limiting factors. The Players are expected to keep track of their own level of power and fighting style, with the DM acting as an impartial judge.

This is my idea of a new type of RP, which I hope will make it seem more story focused and give some sense of progression while still allowing for the creative freedom seen in other RPs.

This RP is considered PG-13, due to blood and stuff. If you don't know what shouldn't be in a PG-13 thing, look at the box of a T rated (Pegi-16) game and the back of an M rated (Pegi-18) game, then note the differences. In addition to regular rules, here are the DEFINATE rules unique to this RP;

GL1TCH GUIDEBOOK (click to show)

Character Creation (click to show)

Name: Glitch
Appearance: Made up of multiple heroes, Glitch has gained the ability to look like whatever he wants. He normally looks like the default hero, though. As such, he has black hair, blue eyes, and is slightly taller than most. He wears a blue tunic with greaves and gauntlets. He keeps Shining, the final sword in the game, on his belt. The blade is made of incredibly white steel, while the blade guard gives it the appearance of a cross when sheathed. He wears the Eye of Truth, an amulet that is made of a silver eye with a sapphire iris.
Personality: Glitch is an inhuman personification of rage and hatred toward players. His thought patterns are difficult for humans to understand, so the best way to describe him in human words is "Homicidally Insane". While he tries to escape from the fact he is only a videogame character, he still ends up following the game's basic rules.
Class: Hero/Glitch
Skills/abilities: Skilled in both swordsmanship and magic, Glitch has become the master of his own game. He essentially acts as both the final boss and the major driving force of the new game. He can spawn enemies and design the world, but is unable to actually change the code; He can't summon monsters outside of their appearing zones and can't instant kill the new players. He has also reassigned his role as "Final Boss", preventing him from confronting the players outside his castle.
Biography: A strangely self-aware spirit inside a game. He is made up of the various heroes of those who completed the game. Because each hero was named differently, it calls itself by what many originally thought of him as: A Glitch. Now that he has seized control and dragged the players into the game, he sets his sights on finding a way into the real world.

Put shortly, Glitch is the DM and final boss, but it otherwise works like a normal game.

--------------------
If sanity means conforming to laws and customs without a single thought,
If being rational means living my life without creativity or chance,
If stability means being in service to a person I do not respect,
Then I would rather live my life a madman.

PSYCHOS FOREVER!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

water1997
post Sep 16 2013, 06:30 AM
Post #2

I-I'm Canada...
Group Icon

Member No.: 200 685

Team Denali 7-2

I'll join! Just give me time to make a form.

--------------------
Please tell me, my father, this is the correct choice, am I right? How is the heartless me supposed to understand?
(~Director Doll, in the song Master of the Court)

My GPX party (click to show)

Personality Quiz Results (click to show)

My (Current) Roleplays (click to show)
+Quote Post

PsychoStapler
post Sep 23 2013, 10:11 PM
Post #3

Ph.D in being an idiot
Group Icon

Needs 5th and 6th Gen

Haha wow, either that's a long form or people really lost interest >.>. Either way, gonna let this go another week before I give up on this and think of something more freedom oriented.

--------------------

PSYCHOS FOREVER!
+Quote Post

water1997
post Sep 24 2013, 06:01 AM
Post #4

I-I'm Canada...
Group Icon

Member No.: 200 685

Team Denali 7-2

Aah! I completely forgot! I shall actually make the form now!

EDIT: Done.

Name: Gumillia Glassred
Appearance: Gumillia is about 5’ 6”, and has shortish brown hair that’s dyed a dark green. She has dark green eyes that match her hair. She usually wears jeans , a t-shirt, a brown fleece jacket that looks a bit like a cloak with a white inside that she keeps unzipped, and sometimes glasses.
Personality: Gumillia is stoic, serious, and blunt, having a strict view of right or wrong. She speaks her mind with absolute sincerity, but has difficulty showing emotions and will often give short responses. She is dedicated to work, but also is a good friend.
Class: Mage
Skills/abilities: She knows Japanese, and is very agile.
Biography: In the real world, Gumillia was a bit antisocial, except with her close friends, Michaela and Elluka. The three did almost everything together, but Gumillia had to move away, to another state. It wasn’t THAT far away, but she would have to switch schools, meaning that one of her most important connections with her friends would be lost. She became depressed, or, more accurately, homesick, and decided to get Michaela and Elluka “Legend” for a surprise next time she saw them, and the trio started playing the game together. While Elluka and Michaela struggled with the game, Gumillia excelled, and soon was far ahead of them, always coming back to help her friends with challenging quests. The last time she saw her friends, she had almost beaten the game.

This post has been edited by water1997: Sep 24 2013, 06:27 AM

--------------------
Please tell me, my father, this is the correct choice, am I right? How is the heartless me supposed to understand?
(~Director Doll, in the song Master of the Court)

My GPX party (click to show)

Personality Quiz Results (click to show)

My (Current) Roleplays (click to show)
+Quote Post

PsychoStapler
post Sep 24 2013, 05:02 PM
Post #5

Ph.D in being an idiot
Group Icon

Needs 5th and 6th Gen

Accepted

--------------------

PSYCHOS FOREVER!
+Quote Post

Umbransage
post Sep 24 2013, 09:04 PM
Post #6

The one, the only Sensei.
Group Icon

Member No.: 153 683

My team.

Hmm, this seems like it'd be a really fun idea to play actually ^^

--------------------
The god of ten in a row postings.

"See how the game never won, you only play. Bore him and find yourself crumpled up and thrown away."
- ↑The Game of Life↓
+Quote Post

PsychoStapler
post Sep 24 2013, 09:53 PM
Post #7

Ph.D in being an idiot
Group Icon

Needs 5th and 6th Gen

I'm glad you think so ^.^

This post has been edited by PsychoStapler: Sep 25 2013, 09:40 AM

--------------------

PSYCHOS FOREVER!
+Quote Post

DomanDragon
post Mar 30 2014, 08:56 PM
Post #8

burning red egypt doggo
Group Icon

Member No.: 216 589

Favorites

Name: Taren Recoras
Appearance: Looks just like John Egbert, especially since he had just left an anime convention wearing his cosplay shirt
Personality: Seems to like fighting, wants to be a hero
Class: Life energy mage (Learns as he goes. Basically, a Lucario's power, but no Aura sight. Also wields a Homestuck-painted hammer later on.)
Skills/abilities: Fledgling inventor.
Biography: Taren has an interdimensional self that is a traveling Lucario, but this one doesn't know him. All he knows is he had a fairly normal life up until getting addicted to video games. He had gotten a message from an unknown person telling him that, when he beat the game, he would be sent to a world within his wildest dreams. The end freaked him out, but he soon regained his wits.

--------------------

Yeah so it'd be cool if you checked out my tumblr
(Avatars courtesy of Threefolder, Cynthx, and KamekSans.)
+Quote Post

SilverPuppy9
post Apr 11 2014, 01:55 PM
Post #9

There's a she-wolf in the closet. >_<
Group Icon

Member No.: 177 049

Nuzlocke Team #2

This seems like a Wushu kind of game. I think I'll bite the bullet and sign up. Give me a day or two, though. My internet can be unreliable. And if I post something incomplete, then I'm probably not done with it. This'll be fun.

--------------------
Quizzes (click to show)

Art Done For Me! (click to show)

Poker, anyone? *credit to Shads* (click to show)
+Quote Post

SilverPuppy9
post Apr 11 2014, 10:18 PM
Post #10

There's a she-wolf in the closet. >_<
Group Icon

Member No.: 177 049

Nuzlocke Team #2

Sorry for the double post. I'll put my form up now.

Name: Riley Faulley

Age: She's about 21 years of age, but she looks almost like she's19.

Appearance: Riley stands at 5' 3" in height and she's fairly light for her size. Her blue-ish green eyes hide beneath waves of golden brown hair, cut short due to an inability to care for it properly when it's long. Her teeth snag on her lower lip at times, making it look like she has a constant, animalistic snarl when they do. Her skin is tanned a golden color, though it is obvious to see the original color was an opaque white. Her fingers are double-jointed, making it easier to climb trees and scale large rocky surfaces. Her feet are rugged, ground into the earth easily because of her constant refusal to wear shoes.

Her attire consists of a loose, breezy shirt and a simple pair of khaki shorts. Her shirt is green, shaded like the trees she climbs. Her neck is home to a necklace adorned with a small, silver wolf. This necklace was given to her by her dad, who lives all the way in Wisconsin. Her ears are pierced, but she rarely keeps any sort of earring in her lobes. She thinks it'll give away her position in the trees. She likes her secrecy.

Personality: Riding back on her wanting to keep her secrecy, Riley has a love for her privacy and prefers to be by herself rather than around people. People make her nervous and, in her eyes, aren't the best idea of company to keep around. She'd rather keep her dogs around as companions. To her dogs, she's a caring master who takes the responsibility of caretaker very seriously. She is their best friend, but she also serves as their pack leader. She knows exactly what to do at crucial moments and is a swift-acting girl when times calls for it. To people, she can be seen as snippy and distant, with a biting attitude to boot. In her opinion, the only friends she needs are her dogs.

Class: She would be the typical ranger class, with a bit of knowledge in swordplay, but focusing mainly on archery and scout reconnaissance.

Skills/Abilities: Tracking, stealth, fletching, huntsmanship

Biography: Riley was a wee lass when her father decided it was time for her to learn how to take care of herself. Her family had lived in the wilder parts of Wisconsin, minus her mother due to the divorce that had happened between her father and mother a year after she was born. She grew up bottle-fed by her father while her mother stayed sun-tanned in Miami. Her father lived in a small cabin close to Yellowstone, so he could hunt the best game without being fined by the reservation. In this way, he carved out a living as a new age pioneer.

Her taught Riley everything he knew about hunting wild game, and even trusted her to take the dogs out without their leashes. Her command with the dogs was impeccable in his eyes. He eventually allowed her to get a puppy of her own. It had to be a pup, otherwise the dog wouldn't be trained to hunt. She chose to get a pure-bred Irish Wolfhound for the team and, after a few hunting seasons, the pup was hers to care for. Many months of intense training ensued with the pup so it could follow basic commands. The pup was energetic and would oftentimes turn its attention away from the training sessions. When Riley felt it was ready to take the pup out, she readied the dogs for a long trek out into the mountains.

As the hunting team; consisting of Riley, her wolfhound pup, and her dad's Beagle, Great Dane, and Labrador Retriever; reached the base of the mountain they would scout for food, they decided to stop for a drink at a nearby watering hole to replenish their energy and to restock their water supply. Riley had been filling canteens with water when her pup caught the scent of rabbit not too far off. The pup followed the scent with a loud yip to Riley, letting her know out had found prey. Riley quickly followed with the older dogs leading her towards the scent. After about a half an hour's worth of running, Riley and the dogs heard a yowl come from up ahead, followed by a weak whimper. A few feet more revealed her pup being antagonized by a mountain lion that had come down to hunt as well. Seeing the threat, Riley immediately slipped an arrow onto the string of her bow and ordered the dogs to engage with a sharp whistle. They attacked and she waited for the opportune moment to strike the beast. She saw an opening, caused by a swift move from the Great Dane, Scotch, and she loosed the arrow into the lion's heart, ending its life.

Riley 's life was in the woods she grew up in. She never attended school, believing it would take away from her time in
the forest. Instead, she was homeschooled by her father, taught how to read and write and shown how to use her critical thinking to solve problems. And during "recess," she would exercise by going outside and playing with the dogs. For her, life was great. Exciting didn't quite cover the way she felt during the hunt. It was to her dismay that her mother requested that she come down to Florida to visit, so she could learn to act "civilized." Despite the begging and pleading, her father still told her to spend time with her mother. "Just to make her happy," as he said.

Being away from home was the worst thing to ever happen to her. She stayed indoors and didn't bother trying to talk to her mother. Her mother didn't understand the beauty of nature like she did. She kept saying that it was good to get away from the hillbilly style of life. However, even her mother was getting sick of her moping. She had the great idea to get Riley into video games and, spotting Legend on the shelves, brought it home for Riley to play. It sat on the computer desk for three days before Riley touched it out of curiosity. It was almost an easy transition for her to play they game, only struggling on the beginning with the seemingly difficult controls. As soon as she was into the game, it was impossible to pull her out. Two weeks later, her mom was out with her friends when Riley finally finished the game...

This post has been edited by SilverPuppy9: Apr 12 2014, 12:07 PM

--------------------
Quizzes (click to show)

Art Done For Me! (click to show)

Poker, anyone? *credit to Shads* (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:35 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.