Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Justice For J-Wittz!
The Majestic Mr ...
post Mar 19 2014, 07:34 PM
Post #1

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

I'm sure everyone on here are diehard Pokemon fans. If you're not, I have no idea why you're here. Yesterday, a video titled "Lavender Town Myths" by Pokemon fan and expert TheJ-Wittz was removed by YouTube for violating YouTube's content. J-Wittz created a video explaining what happened to the video, telling fans that he looked through YouTube's content license and found NOTHING that would cause the video to be removed. Fortunately, the video can be found at polaris.go for those of you who want to watch it. (It get's a little creepy, btw. wink.gif )
There's also a re-upload of the video removed, found here: Lavender Town Myths - Pokemon Fact of the Day
Anyway people, thanks for reading and give J-Wittz your support!

UPDATE: J-Wittz has put his video online again! To watch it, go to this link: YouTube Removed My Video For No Reason

UPDATE #2: Justice is served! J-Wittz's video is no longer flagged and is available to watch on his channel! Thanks for giving your support to J-Wittz people!

edit: this was an old thing and YouTube is still as awful now as they were back then

This post has been edited by The Majestic Mr L: Nov 27 2021, 09:02 PM

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

nitrodog96
post Mar 22 2014, 12:50 PM
Post #2

bewm
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: In a burning ring of fire, channeling the power of the flames.
Member No.: 61 870

Platinum Team

I feel like YouTube will remove the "YouTube Removed My Video For No Reason" video for "scams and fraudulent content." OMG YouTube, you are stupid. Google, fix this sh*t now!

Sure, the Buried Alive was creepy, but it wasn't "fraudulent content!" All of the creepypastas on the video had absolutely no scams in them. They are real and they were made by at least one person. Creepy Black is a creepypasta that has been made into a ROM hack. Buried Alive and White Hand could have been plausible if they weren't so stupid, and Buried Alive is too grim for Pokémon. Not that I'm arguing against J-Wittz, but it IS kind of scary. And Lavender Town Syndrome may be a lie, but it IS a creepypasta, after all. So yeah, YouTube screwed itself over and there will soon be a huge revolution of TheJWittz fans.

--------------------
I used to be Cyogre, ILoveTaillowHesCute, TaillowIsCuteAndCool, Tart Spop, Tartius Spopius, Tartii, King of the Eevees and MasteroftheFlames. If you know me under any of those names, yeah, that's me.

In-Game Teams (click to show)

Hoping to get Social Networking! I'd really appreciate an add.

Arcanine! (click to show)

Miscellaneous (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Mar 22 2014, 01:14 PM
Post #3

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 56 857

YouTube makes mistakes. Not really a big deal.

--------------------

+Quote Post

jayrachi
post Mar 22 2014, 03:13 PM
Post #4

Janitor
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 133 427

wat

QUOTE(Nymphia @ Mar 22 2014, 12:14 PM) *

The problem isn't Youtube making mistakes, it's how faulty the system is once it makes its mistake. As JWittz pointed out in his video, good luck getting in touch with an actual person, and good luck figuring out why your video was taken down.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jen
post Mar 22 2014, 09:34 PM
Post #5

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

QUOTE(Nymphia @ Mar 22 2014, 12:14 PM) *

It most definitely is a big deal, especially for those who are making their living off of it. Search on Youtube about the Content ID system and you will find many rants explaining exactly how it's flawed and how it affects Youtubers. Boogie2988 would probably be a good bet that he'll break things down and explain, but I know AngryJoe definitely gets into it with his rant.

JWittz got a strike against his channel because of a faulty system. Each channel is only allowed three strikes, and if their three strikes are hit, then their account is taken down. They either have to start all over, or search for a new job - assuming that the channel that was taken down was someone who was making a living off of it. Just having one strike, whether it's fair or not fair, limits your channel as well, and on top of that, you have to wait six months for it to be removed.

Google is a terrible company when it comes to working with them, especially if you want to get in contact with them about something. There's just no way to do it. Josh's MCN could barely get anything out of them. At least he had a friend with connections to another MCN who managed to help him out and right the wrong.

e: I forgot to mention that it's very stressful to not know why what you worked on for hours was suddenly taken down and you have absolutely no power in getting in contact with anyone from the website to talk it over with.

This post has been edited by Jen: Mar 22 2014, 09:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 02:11 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.