Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Operation Wounded Snake
Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jun 9 2010, 06:51 PM
Post #1

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10 745

PANE

Justin joins Team Deception (click to show)

"Oh my god will you shut up for like five minutes?" Justin practically yelled at his new partner, Nate Guzman. Nate was a year older than Justin, but about half a foot shorter and significantly skinnier. He had plenty of stories, that's for sure, most of which were about sex or violence, all of which were very clearly exaggerated if not outright false.

"Sorry, man," Nate laughed awkwardly. "I thought we were getting to know each other and shit you know?"

"Dude, I haven't talked a quarter as much as you have. I'm getting to know you, sure, way more than I want to."

"Okay, well, damn, why don't you say something? You got a girl?"

Tina... "I did," he sighed, but left it at that. She left him when she found out he was breaking into homes and stealing people's stuff. Luckily she didn't know he officially made the transition into professional crime by joining Team Deception, meaning she couldn't do anything to really hurt him. You know, any more than she already had.

Nate didn't say anything for a little while, taking the hint that Justin really didn't want to talk. He shrugged it off and about two minutes later, continued talking. "You know, we're partners now, whether you like it or not," he said. "And we're gonna have to get to know each other to make this whole thing bearable, you know what I mean? We gotta become friends."

"I am not your friend," Justin stopped and turned to his right, looking Nate dead in the eyes.

"Then that's gonna make this partnership suck a lot more than it has to," Nate shook his head and kept walking. Justin thought of himself as above Nate, not only physically (which was true) but in most other aspects as well. He was smarter (debatable, since Nate at least graduated high school), stronger, more mature and generally just way cooler and better in every way. His perspective of course. Basically, Justin was a little offended that Team Deception considered these two equals.

Justin continued to walk near Nate (who took the lead at this point) but not next to him. They were in an open field about a day's walk northeast of Petropolis. The grass was beautiful and the city from this distance ceased to remind the two of the hard lives they had lived there previously. They were more alike than Justin cared to realize.

In any case, they were looking for a pokemon called Seviper. It was a dangerous and poisonous snake, one which could be brought down, hopefully, without too much trouble. The trick, though, was that their goal was not to kill it or even to capture it in a pokeball. It was to knock it out and tie it down in the wagon Justin was pulling behind him. The reason for this was that one of their bosses had plans to open up a pokemon zoo in Petropolis and you can't use domesticated pokemon in zoos. It just defeats the purpose.

Another problem with the zoo plan is that, with rare pokemon at least, you can't take them from the wild either, because that's illegal. Few people know this, but many species of pokemon are actually banned from being captured in pokeballs with the exception of them attacking. If a rare pokemon attacks a human and your options are to kill it or to capture it, it is legal to capture it. This loophole makes it effectively impossible to enforce that law. But if a zoo were to be opened up, you can bet that a little more than local law enforcement would be looking into it. So the plan (which barely concerned Justin and Nate) was to say these rare pokemon were taken from the wild by Team Rocket and rescued by a fake private corporation, the CEO of which happened to be an officer in the enigmatic and barely heard of Team Deception.

Nate and Justin, should they be caught somehow, were to pose as members of Team Rocket so the seviper could be rescued by Team Deception.

"Look, there's one," Nate uncharacteristically whispered.

"You're sure that's not an ekans?" Justin asked.

"Definitely," Nate nodded. "Look, it's bigger. And see that blade on its tail? That's a seviper." Justin looked at the wrinkled up picture of Seviper he had in his pocket and nodded, then looked back up. It was laying in a muddy area by a small pond not too far from where they stood. This needed to be handled delicately. "I got this shit," Nate stood up tall.

"Wait! No!" Justin shook his head and chased after Nate, who ran towards the snake, one of his pokeballs out. The seviper lifted its head to see Nate coming and opened its mouth to reveal its fangs. Nate didn't stop, though. Instead, he summoned his numel from its ball.

"DaBomb, use Magnitude!" Nate had stopped a few yards away from the snake, his fiery camel pokemon out in front of him. Justin caught up in time to hear its name.

"Da Bomb?" he asked facetiously. "Really?"

"Shut up, it's a cool name."

"Yeah, ten years ago," Justin shook his head. "What are you, twelve?"

"I'm older than you, kid,"

"You been alive longer, but you're not older than me."

"Shut up. I'm gonna nab us this seviper."

Da Bomb focused intensely for a few seconds as the seviper moved in. The snake stopped, though, as the ground beneath it began to tremble. It was a pretty strong attack, and on a pokemon very not defensively inclined, not to mention one who takes particularly strong damage from earth type attacks, it was enough to severely weaken it. However, it was a much stronger pokemon than Da Bomb, and launched a powerful poisonous attack with its tail. Da Bomb got knocked down, but not out for good. As it tried to get back up, though, the seviper wrapped itself around the fire camel, keeping it from using its attacks. "Damn it!" Nate yelled.

Justin sighed and summoned his favorite pokemon, Tyrogue. Named Tyrogue. "Fake Out," Justin said. Tyrogue used its favorite move, Fake Out. He ran right up to the seviper and Da Bomb and made a loud CLAP noise with its hands right in front of the snake's face. Stunned at the loud noise, it released the camel and focused on its new target, the fighting type. Tyrogue jumped towards the snake, though, and the tackle was enough to knock the weakened pokemon out.

Nate and Justin stood over the fallen beast, not quite sure what to do. They were both scared to actually put it on the wagon, which Justin had left off in the distance. "Right," he sighed, running towards the wagon and bringing it back.

"It's heavy," Nate said when Justin got back. "I, uh, I tired to lift it."

"Well, lucky for us," Justin cracked a smile. "My arms aren't spaghetti." He leaned over and wrapped his behemoth arms around the snake's head, hoping so hard that it stayed fainted. He lifted and realized that it was, in fact, very heavy. "Um," he continued. "You wanna grab the tail?"

"No," Nate said, looking at the sharp blade on its tail, which had just gotten finished putting poison into Da Bomb. "Not really, no."

"Don't grab the sharp part, then, dude, come on."

"Fine!" Nate put his arms under the back end of the snake and lifted, watching the poison blade like a hawk as he did so. Finally, they got it far enough off the ground to drop it into the wagon, both jumping back, just in case. Luckily, it stayed down. "Tie it down," Nate said. With snake like speed, the duo used the few ropes they brought and tied them to each end of the wagon, making a sort of net above the creature. Hopefully it would be strong enough to keep it in place long enough for them to knock it out again, should it wake up. More hopefully, it wouldn't wake up.

"Here's to an eventless trip home," Justin sighed, holding his fist out to Nate, who bumped it with a fist of his own.

Pokemon captured (click to show)

This post has been edited by Yzarc Drowsnam: Jun 12 2010, 05:13 PM

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Yzarc Drowsnam   Operation Wounded Snake   Jun 9 2010, 06:51 PM
Xal   "Come on Togepi." Malcolm said. He was u...   Jun 10 2010, 03:24 PM
Kamaitachi   Taggarty Lee had arrived a short while back in the...   Jun 11 2010, 12:54 AM
Yzarc Drowsnam   It looked as though Justin and Nate were in for a ...   Jun 11 2010, 12:54 PM
Xal   Malcolm furrowed his brow as he tried to think how...   Jun 11 2010, 03:24 PM
Kamaitachi   Things had been progressing along at a fairly slow...   Jun 11 2010, 04:20 PM
Yzarc Drowsnam   The other two jumped into action pretty quickly, t...   Jun 12 2010, 02:21 AM
Xal   Malcolm didn't really need the stranger to tel...   Jun 12 2010, 01:20 PM
Kamaitachi   ((OOC: I'm pretty sure Hitmontop is bipedal. T...   Jun 12 2010, 03:45 PM
Yzarc Drowsnam   ((OOC: Thanks Kam. I honestly thought it had three...   Jun 12 2010, 06:47 PM
Xal   "I guess we'd better get going then....   Jun 13 2010, 08:22 AM
Kamaitachi   Tag raised an eyebrow at Justin's story. He wa...   Jun 13 2010, 11:33 AM
Yzarc Drowsnam   It was certainly nice that these two were willing ...   Jun 13 2010, 08:17 PM
Kamaitachi   "I think we all want that." Tag interjec...   Jun 14 2010, 02:13 PM
Xal   Walking with Charmander was helping Malcolm get ov...   Jun 14 2010, 05:48 PM
Yzarc Drowsnam   It seemed as though Justin had endeared himself so...   Jun 15 2010, 09:22 PM
Kamaitachi   Tag walked slowly, watching curiously as the Charm...   Jun 16 2010, 02:32 AM
Xal   Malcolm had no idea what to think of the trio that...   Jun 16 2010, 04:18 PM
Yzarc Drowsnam   After Tag's line of questioning, it seemed ver...   Jun 16 2010, 05:50 PM
Kamaitachi   Tag sized the woman who had purportedly caught the...   Jun 17 2010, 03:25 AM
Xal   Before he knew what was happening Malcolm was face...   Jun 17 2010, 06:03 AM
Yzarc Drowsnam   The trio of "Pokemon Rangers" gathered t...   Jun 18 2010, 04:15 AM
Xal   "Yeah, sixteen." Malcolm said to the boy...   Jun 18 2010, 04:43 PM
Yzarc Drowsnam   Malcolm asked Nate if he often helped injured poke...   Jun 19 2010, 04:02 PM
Xal   "Um, I don't really live in any one place...   Jun 19 2010, 04:46 PM
Yzarc Drowsnam   "I called him my partner?" Nate chuckled...   Jun 19 2010, 05:42 PM
Kamaitachi   "We're not saying goodbye yet." Tag ...   Jun 21 2010, 01:00 AM
Xal   So this was Petropolis. The four of them had event...   Jun 21 2010, 05:08 AM
Yzarc Drowsnam   Justin wanted to argue, to insist that they had it...   Jun 21 2010, 04:33 PM
Kamaitachi   Tag noted how reluctantly Justin and Nate were in ...   Jun 21 2010, 08:56 PM
Xal   "I'll help." Malcolm said to no one ...   Jun 22 2010, 05:56 AM
Yzarc Drowsnam   Justin reacted fairly quickly when Tag's ledyb...   Jun 25 2010, 04:26 AM
Xal   Malcolm could hear the faint sound of the busy roa...   Jun 27 2010, 06:44 AM
Yzarc Drowsnam   It wasn't too long until Malcolm showed up, wh...   Jun 27 2010, 02:08 PM
Xal   Malcolm nodded as Nate explained what had happened...   Jun 27 2010, 04:38 PM

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:00 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.