Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Clear Battle Records
bird157
post Jul 31 2011, 04:46 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 7 929

Some Favorites

I'm quite sure that almost everyone knows about the Magikarp in ???'s team in the Battle Tower, right? After getting swept by such Magikarp, it's really embarrassing for me to have people see my favorite pokémons' losses on their pages. I'd like to propose some kind of feature that allows you to clear your records at the battle tower, whether you have to buy it with points, pass orbs, or if it's free. If there's already such a feature, it's my own fault that I'll be embarrassed here, too... However, I couldn't find one, and I don't want everybody to be able to see my mistake.

--------------------
~The way to solve practical problems: Use a gun. And if that doesn't work... Use more guns.~
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Jul 31 2011, 05:27 PM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

Why? Then a low-loss record would be meaningless. I don't want to rant about how nowadays people are taught to expect bad things will be forgiven instead of earning good things the first time, but just because something embarrasses you doesn't mean you get to erase it from ever having happened. If failing at something will embarrass you, either don't do it or don't fail. Complaining after the fact isn't an option in life.

The More You Know.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Special K
post Jul 31 2011, 05:51 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 846

Active Squad

Without wanting to sound too harsh, I kinda agree with the first response, just in the sense that - what's the point in a battle record if you just get to wipe out any losses you don't like, and make it look like you won every battle, if that wasn't really what happened? I just wouldn't get the point, and think it's kind of silly to try to show off accomplishments - such as your favorite pokemon only having winning records - that weren't actually earned.
+Quote Post

bird157
post Jul 31 2011, 07:52 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Some Favorites

Yes, I understand that while there'll be people who abuse the system, you're going to have people doing that with most ideas. However, I wasn't talking about just a wipe of losses. I meant an entire stat wipe, meaning your record of wins, losses, ect., all go away as if you never battled on the site at all. Low-Loss records would still keep their meaning, since there's not a reason for you to wipe it in the first place, other than starting over completely.

--------------------
~The way to solve practical problems: Use a gun. And if that doesn't work... Use more guns.~
+Quote Post

Special K
post Jul 31 2011, 09:05 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 846

Active Squad

So you can get a bunch of losses when you're not entirely sure what you're doing, learn more about it and develop strong teams, then wipe your entire record clean of both wins/losses but now be prepared and appear to win consistently from the start? I don't know, maybe it's mean of me, but your last post really didn't change my mind at all, I'm still opposed to the idea :/ Sorry. But that's just one person's opinion. Maybe others will support it.

This post has been edited by Granger Danger: Jul 31 2011, 09:05 PM
+Quote Post

bird157
post Jul 31 2011, 10:52 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Some Favorites

No, no, not mean at all. You're standing your ground with a valid point. I understand where you're coming from with being prepared, and then winning consistently. That obviously wouldn't help in a PvP match, though. However, you gave me an idea.

So you can get a bunch of losses when you're not entirely sure what you're doing,

That right there, is my whole point. Maybe limit it so that you can wipe it once or twice so you can learn what you're doing before it starts to mark against you? It is rather surprising when you start and don't really know what you're doing. What we could also do, is make it a discouraged thing to do. One of those expensive-items-in-the-back-room kinda thing. I dunno. I greatly appreciate the feedback on this, though.

--------------------
+Quote Post

steampunk
post Aug 1 2011, 12:00 AM
Post #7

Everyday I'm shuffling
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 661

The Graveyard

Nnn I don't agree with this. Since when have you EVER been able to choose when to clear a record just because you are new to something or embarrassed?

If it's THAT big of a deal hatch another egg of the same pokemon and level it up to whatever level your current pokemon is.

--------------------
+Quote Post

bird157
post Aug 1 2011, 10:44 AM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Some Favorites

In answer to your first question, I can think of plenty of games that let you do that.

And when you talk about it not being such a big deal to raise another, you have to be considerate of the pokémon in question, and the number of them. If you've got a level 100 Rayquaza with it's sprite changed to that of Ruby version, yes, it will be that hard to find another. In my case, it wouldn't be so hard breeding to get more, but getting all six to level 100 and changing three of their sprites might take some time.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th April 2024 - 11:48 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.