Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
How about an "open all" for Pokechests?
Rating 5 V
swuff
post Aug 8 2017, 01:05 AM
Post #1

swuff★
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 94 697

Sheer

Right now I have 37 Pokechests, and have been more and more reluctant to actually getting around to open them due to how tedious it would be to sit and click on 37 chests (and also because there's an achievement for hoarding 50 boxes). It seems silly not to be able to open them all at once, since there's really no advantage to hoarding Pokechests and then opening them one by one. I could see this being the case if it were intentional -- which it seems to be, based on the "...unopened Pokéchests! Click on them, one at a time, to open..." quote on the same page. It would really just be nothing more than a QOL feature rather than some sort of extreme boost to the game that any other "click all" button would be.

--------------------
"Find something to believe in, and find it for yourself. When you do, pass it on to the future."
-Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Amberfunk
post Aug 8 2017, 04:20 AM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 105 850

Beautiful Change

Depending on how many chests a person has it's probably too much to load at once. 37 chests doesn't take too long to open. Clicking is more tedious than opening chests.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Aug 8 2017, 12:31 PM
Post #3

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

Another reason this is unlikely to be implemented is because for users with many Pokechests, it would massively exploit Chance Power. For example, I have about 2,000 Pokechests at the moment and can only open iirc a couple hundred before Chance Power expires. A "click all" button would effectively be like getting 10 Chance Powers for the price of one for me, and even more for people who have more Pokechests.

EDIT: Just tested it out and thanks to site lag, I was only able to get barely over 100 Pokechests during Chance Power. So that means a "click all" button would exploit it for double the savings that I expected at first.

This post has been edited by pumpkinking0192: Aug 8 2017, 12:46 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

swuff
post Aug 9 2017, 08:49 AM
Post #4

swuff★
Group Icon

Sheer

QUOTE(pumpkinking0192 @ Aug 8 2017, 12:31 PM) *
Another reason this is unlikely to be implemented is because for users with many Pokechests, it would massively exploit Chance Power. For example, I have about 2,000 Pokechests at the moment and can only open iirc a couple hundred before Chance Power expires. A "click all" button would effectively be like getting 10 Chance Powers for the price of one for me, and even more for people who have more Pokechests.

EDIT: Just tested it out and thanks to site lag, I was only able to get barely over 100 Pokechests during Chance Power. So that means a "click all" button would exploit it for double the savings that I expected at first.

That's true, and something I hadn't considered. Cool that you actually tested it to verify your claim, and that's something that would potentially need to be reworked around an "open all" button. Maybe said button could be disabled when chance power is active, and the game would give you a notice/confirmation screen before buying chance power stating this? I don't feel like this is the best solution.

--------------------
"Find something to believe in, and find it for yourself. When you do, pass it on to the future."
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Aug 10 2017, 12:07 AM
Post #5

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

An even bigger issue than the Chance Power thing is the fact that Trinkets are some of the most lag-inducing parts of the site. A bunch of people opening individual chests can cause the site to break, so if people opened all of them at once, that could be extremely problematic.

This is not happening. Also, opening 37 chests doesn't take more than a minute or so. I regularly open 100+ after Scavenger Hunts.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

swuff
post Aug 12 2017, 11:39 PM
Post #6

swuff★
Group Icon

Sheer

QUOTE(Synx Itax @ Aug 10 2017, 12:07 AM) *
An even bigger issue than the Chance Power thing is the fact that Trinkets are some of the most lag-inducing parts of the site. A bunch of people opening individual chests can cause the site to break, so if people opened all of them at once, that could be extremely problematic.

This is not happening. Also, opening 37 chests doesn't take more than a minute or so. I regularly open 100+ after Scavenger Hunts.

Kind of figured this would've been the case when initially writing this, then figured "it can't be that bad". I guess it would make sense if randomly generating a bunch of items from such a large pool to cause lag.

Also yeah, it isn't really that bad, but I could see where it would be pretty bad for some people if it builds up -- although I guess I am a bit lazy also. Regardless, thanks for the input, nice to get a solid "it isn't happening" response, even if that does mean no.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:49 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.