Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Starfall Field: Team Rock, This Team ROCKS!
Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jul 18 2011, 01:52 AM
Post #21

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10 745

PANE

As Pan commanded him to call back Pinsir, Justin wanted to comply. He did. Truthfully, he didn't want to summon that terrible pokemon in the first place. But at the moment, their lives were in danger, and the Kabutos were out for blood. Pinsir's reckless attitude was, in the very least, putting them on the defensive. It gave all the other pokemon a chance to do some damage and, perhaps most importantly, it gave the Kabutos a new primary target.

As Pinsir took hit after hit, swiping and slashing madly away at all which approached, Pivot and Golett finished their mission. Like leaves on the wind, Unown swarmed into the fray, immediately forcing the Kabutos and Golurk back from the crevices from which they came. Everything was so loud and so intense for a moment, and then it was completely silent.

Justin could barely appreciate the silence, however, over the sound of his own heavy breathing. He was bleeding and sweating, confused and worried. "Okay, now I'll rest," he heard Pan say as she sat down against the wall, next to one of the younger girls. Justin remained standing, trying to process the situation. The injured girl walked over and sat down next to- She walked over? When did she get healed.

He looked over to Pinsir, who was standing ferociously, his hands clenched and his pincers shivering. The moment he looked towards Justin, he was called back into his pokeball. Octillery, Sudowoodo and Shedinja were called back as well, in that order, which left Hitmontop, who walked, upright, over to his partner, a dizzy and defeated look on his face. "Hit...Mon..."

It was difficult seeing him so beaten. Hitmontop had always been so strong. He was always stronger than Justin, both physically and mentally. He had always taken care of his trainer, since that one day back in the underground when he led Nincada and Bonsly to victory against a swarm of Zubats without the help of Justin. "Hey," he knelt down next to his friend. "Thank you," he said plainly. He felt like saying more. He felt so much more. He wanted to tell the pokemon how much he cared for him, how much he loved him. He never thought little Tyrogue would become his best friend. But, in the end, "Thank you," was enough. Hitmontop nodded and gave a weary smile before Justin called him into his pokeball.

He turned towards the group, who seemed to be congregating up against a wall and looked out onto the battlefield where they just fought. There were still many fainted Kabutos and a few dead ones, courtesy of Pinsir. He didn't feel the need to say anything on the matter. Instead, he joined the group, sitting on the side of Pan not occupied by Liz. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder, pulled her closer to him and just sat back and rested his eyes for a moment, thinking about how this whole life threatening experience really made him want to express himself to her...Physically. Unfortunately, the place and time was not there and then.

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Pokefan209
post Jul 18 2011, 07:22 AM
Post #22

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 69 941

Kenz's Squad (PANE)

Kenz watched as swarms and swarms of unown came zooming out of the crevice and driving back the Kabutos and a golurk. They ran swiftly to where they had came from. Kenz bent down and thanked Princess with a simple pat on the head. Princess nuzzled herself against Pidee's Pokeball. Kenz sighed, then pressed the button on the Pokeball. Piddee emerged from the ball and blinked for a second, unsure of what to do in front of the Archen.

He...he's nervous!, Kenz thought with a guffaw. She had never seen a pokemon act this way. Princess was ruffling her feathers and looking up in spurts of courage, then turning back to her feathers. Pidee was just standing there, looking like an absolute fool, his temperature rapidly rising.

Kenz knew how this was going to play out. Neither one of the lovers was going to make a move. At least, not without a little push.

Kenz slyly pushed Pidee toward Princess. Pidee stumbled forward, tripping over his own two feet and landing directly on top of Princess. They tumbled for a bit, then came to an awkward stop squawking and laughing. Pidee led Princess over to a flat rock and laid down with her. They both closed their eyes and began sleeping.

Kenz couldn't believe everyone else was sleeping, because she wasn't tired at all. She had taken a little rest at the ditch, so she just smiled at Tropius and laid on her back.

"You know what? You don't have a nickname, do you?" she asked.

"Trop Tropius." Tropius replied, shaking her head.

"Well, you are my sister. I can't just call you Tropius forever! Its like calling someone else "Human." It just doesn't make sense."

"Trop!"

"Well, if I could pick any name I liked, I would pick Eleanor. I really like that name."

Tropius nodded happily.

"How 'bout just Elly for short?"

Tropius smiled and laid her head down. Kenz slid off her back as she began resting. Kenz laid very close to her and closed her own eyes.

"Good night, Elly," she said, drifting into unconciousness.

--------------------
<------ by NINJAWIGGLYTUFF

90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed. If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.
75% of Roleplayers don't care about doing a good job at Roleplaying. If you are one of the 25% of roleplayers who really cares, copy and paste this into your signature.
80% of all males think girls can't do foot ball or boxing. If you're a girl or boy who thinks girls can kick butt, copy and paste this into your signature.
+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post Jul 18 2011, 11:46 AM
Post #23

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 743

Active Squad

Finn joined the rest of the team on the wall, taking a spot near Twila of course, as they began their deserved rest. A big sigh escaped his lips as he was now able to relax a little from that crazed fight. Finn recalled all his Pokemon except Rue, who was still busy chatting it up with Twila's Pokemon. It was nice to see that his little guy had made a few friends a long the way, just like him.

Finn's eyes caught a glimpse of Kenz, who had been talking to her Pokemon as they all began to take a little nap. He kept his eye on them, just in case something were to happen he could act and help them out. Kenz of course did save him and Twila when the meteors first started falling.

"Ah!" The boy whispered, as he turned his attention towards the man with the strong Pokemon, Justin. "Your Pinsir... It was kind of amazingly strong, in a really terrifying way. I don't know how you trained him, but, I'll admit that I'm a bit jealous of his strength."

--------------------
PANE: Finn Oakley (click to show)
PANE: Liam West (click to show)
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 20 2011, 08:13 AM
Post #24

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

Apparently, the last battle took a lot out of everyone, as half the team took the opportunity to take a nap. Pan was tempted, but she felt that someone needed to keep an eye out in case something else came after them. Besides, just being able to sit down was quite enough for her. During the break, the researcher started looking over the others.

Surprisingly, Twila had made a complete recovery from her wounds. Pan had no idea how it happened, but it was extremely fortunate that it did. Liz and Kenz also appeared to be fine, each expressing thanks to their pokemon before drifting off to sleep. Even in their young age, both showed skill under pressure. As she was watching the others, Justin put his arm around her while engaging in conversation with Finn. Almost by instinct, Pan leaned into his chest. It was something she would have rather done on their picnic blanket back on the field. It would have been such a nice night…if it weren’t for the meteor shower. Would they ever get a normal day alone?

For the next 30 minutes, nothing changed. Pan stroked Justin’s lower arm with her finger for much of that time. But rest would have to end. There were still plenty of people in the Gigas temple waiting for leave, and who knew what was going on with the other teams.

“Alright guys. We should move on.” Pan stood up and placed a gentle hand on the shoulders of her sleeping companions. Assuming there weren’t deep sleepers among them, the group ascended the new staircase. Pan led the way to the next challenge.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I hope no one is afraid of heights,” Pan remarked as she set sight on the next obstacle. In front of them stood yet another incredibly tall wall. This particular structure had small protrusions and holes all over its surface. Each of the protrusions and holes were shaped like an unown letter, randomly placed across the surface. It was quite clear what they were going to have to do.

“We need to climb this,” Pan told the others. “Unless…Kenz! Do you think your tropius can get us up there?”

As the group was talking about their plan, the group of unown followed them inside. Specific specimens separated from the larger group to form a phrase, a message to those challenging the wall.

Move slowly.

Of course, their silent movements may not have been noticed by the group, who were busy discussing a plan.

FYI (click to show)

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
+Quote Post

Dragonwish2
post Jul 20 2011, 10:57 AM
Post #25

Take a story and craft it well...
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 755

PANE Team

Darkness enveloped the forest as Liz walked through, her father standing next to her, his arm held around her shoulder. Bird pokemon flew above in the trees, some houses poking out in the branches. They were in Fortree City, home to thousands of bird pokemon. Liz was younger then, only six. Her father hugged her tightly as they walked, no light visible, only a glowing darkness above peeking through the branches. Red eyes glowed out from in the shrubbery, ominous and foreboding. Suddenly an absol crossed their path, staring straight at Liz's father. He reached to get one of his own pokemon out, but the absol walked away. Liz breathed a sigh of relief, but her father seemed much more tense afterward, taking her straight back to the city to take the bus home.

The scene shifted, Liz now standing alone, twelve, and at Starfall Field. She ran from a swarm of absol, a silent chant echoing through her mind. "Beware, beware! Death is imminent! Beware, beware..." Liz kept running, meteors flying all around her, kabuto joining the absol, a meteor falling straight for her-

Liz woke up sweating, her breath shallow. “Alright guys. We should move on," Pan said, shaking her gently. Liz pulled herself up and followed her up the stairs, into the darkness beyond.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course, it couldn't be as easy as that. A large and tall wall awaited them, mocking them at their helplessness. Unown pockmarks covered it, likely serving as handrails to those who climbed it.

“We need to climb this,” Pan said to everyone. “Unless…Kenz! Do you think your tropius can get us up there?”

Liz had climbed ship ropes, but this was a mountain in comparison. She looked around, hoping for a clue of some sort. She spotted some unown who had followed them in, moving around until they formed a line. She squinted until she understood what it said; Move slowly. Liz turned around to face the group.

"I think I'll try climbing it." She looked across at the wall and silently gulped, adrenaline beginning to pulse through her, which would either help her fight or flee.

She stepped towards the wall.

--------------------
Pane (click to show)

Percentages and Truths (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jul 20 2011, 11:57 AM
Post #26

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Justin opened his eyes when Finn mentioned his Pinsir and looked over. He couldn't help but chuckle at the idea that anyone would look fondly on that terrible creature. "You want him?" Justin joked. Truthfully, he couldn't get rid of Pinsir. He wished he could. It never listened to him, it was violent and reckless. It was strong, though, especially considering its lack of training. It had a natural strength which was attributed to its "Shadow" status. "Just kidding, man," he shook his head. "You don't want this garbage pokemon. He doesn't even listen to me. He only listens to my Hitmontop, and that's just 'cause he's scared of getting beat up, I think."

All the while, Pan was cuddled up on him and he was allowed to just sit there and hold her. It reminded him of his first night alone with Tina...Whoa! He shook his head somewhat violently as though that would remove the rogue image from it.

Then, Pan, as if she knew he was thinking terrible thoughts, broke up the resting party to continue their walk. Justin obliged, naturally.

They approached another very tall wall. "I think I understand the theme of this temple," Justin nodded. Pan suggested they climb, but then suggested they fly. Then, Liz (whose name he was sure of since Pan addressed Kenz directly) decided she'd just climb. When Justin noticed the Unown spelling out the words "Move Slowly," he rubbed the back of his neck.

"This is a bad idea," he said. "They want us to move slowly. I'm sure it's a trap. Liz, let me go first." If a 12 year old girl died because she insisted on going first in a booby trapped temple and Justin allowed her to do so, he wouldn't ever be able to forgive himself. "You guys wait here for a second, I'll see if anything weird happens. Maybe, uh, if I have to jump, you could still have that Tropius ready to catch me or something."

Then, he began to climb.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Pokefan209
post Jul 21 2011, 04:18 PM
Post #27

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Kenz's Squad (PANE)

Kenz woke up, slightly startled. Where was she again? Then it hit her. Only a few precious moments of sleep, then back to the grind of saving the world and stuff. Kenz smiled. "Stuff" wasn't how she would describe this mission. It was pretty dangerous, judging from what the Kabutos had shown. She shook it off and walked on alongside her newly nicknamed Tropius before coming to an abrupt stop behind Pan.

She looked up and couldn't believe her eyes. A giant wall covered in Unown shapes loomed before them. It probably wasn't a good idea to try and climb it, but the others seemed sure about going up that really dangerous wall. Kenz didn't even have a very good grip, so flying on Elly seemed safer.

"Um...Elly?" she asked. "Could you fly some of us?"

Elly nodded.

"How many do you think you can carry safely to the top without straining yourself?"

Elly looked down, as if thinking. Then, she popped off four bananas and dropped them in Kenz's hands.

"Four? Last time you tried flying distance, two people made you nearly pass out. Are yo-"

"Trop trop!!"

"Okay, okay," Kenz said defensively, running toward the group with the bananas in her hands.

"Um...okay guys, only four of us can ride on Tropius. I'm a given; she won't really fly at all without me there. So..." she looked up and noticed that Justin and Liz were already scaling the wall. That left Tyson, Finn, Pan, and Twila. That meant that one person was going to have to climb the wall. Kenz looked uncomfortable for a second, then decided to let them decide. Better that than having to visibly exclude someone from a free ride.

"Whoever wants to ride on Elly needs to take a banana and eat it. And before you look at me weird, I don't know either. Its a Tropius thing; don't worry, its not poisonous," Kenz reassured.

--------------------

90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed. If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.
75% of Roleplayers don't care about doing a good job at Roleplaying. If you are one of the 25% of roleplayers who really cares, copy and paste this into your signature.
80% of all males think girls can't do foot ball or boxing. If you're a girl or boy who thinks girls can kick butt, copy and paste this into your signature.
+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post Jul 22 2011, 11:48 AM
Post #28

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Active Squad

Finn didn't hesitate to grab a banana. Of course he was the first to grab one, but it wasn't for him. He turned and smiled to his friend, handing her the banana. "Twila, you're riding with them. You look better, but I'm pretty sure everyone else would agree that we'd rather have you on Tropius than climbing the wall."

Liz was about to start her climb when Justin stopped her and the rest of the group, telling them that he was going to go first. That made sense that one would check it out, but if anything went wrong he could use some backup. "I'll go up with you too."

"I'm not the greatest climber," Finn chuckled, nodding his head towards the Unknown, "But, I'm pretty sure I'll be following their orders pretty well then, moving extra slowly." The trainer stretched his arms as he prepared himself for his first free climb. That's when it hit him, if anything did go wrong, Kenz's Tropius could catch them, or they could have a backup plan.

"Pan!" Finn grinned, "Could you have Turnip use his vines to help support us in case we, uhh, fall?"

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 22 2011, 10:05 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

And a Golurk

“Good idea,” Pan responded to Finn, “but Turnip would have to be above the climbers for it to work.” The venusaur’s vines lacked much in the way of muscle and bone, so the pokemon couldn’t hold that much weight up. He could, however, keep people from falling back to earth. All that was needed was for the venusaur to be above the climbers.

“Turnip,” the researcher called out as she summoned the venusaur, “We need to climb this thing. Can you use vines to hold the others up?”

The pokemon obliged and nudged Pan with his head. On cue, the woman climbed up onto his back, and the venusaur began climbing the wall himself. He used several vines to grasp onto various pieces of the unown grasps. He allowed a few other vines to drape downward, waiting to grasp onto potential climbers. One of those vines quickly wrapped around Justin’s waist.

“We got you,” Pan said to Justin. With the climbers being helped, this left the rest of the group to fly up on Kenz’s tropius. There was only the small matter of the unown’s warning.

“Careful everyone,” she warned as she watched her venusaur grasp the letters. As they ascended up the wall, Pan looked at all the letters they passed up. Though rather oddly shaped, she was able to decipher their meanings from reading manuscripts in various temples over the years. A was for Anger, T for tell, and Q was for…

“Don’t touch the Q’s!” After thinking of the Unown’s warning, Pan came across the double meaning. Q was for Quicken, the opposite of moving slowly. It was likely that the Q’s were some sort of switch that set off whatever trap was waiting for them.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jul 28 2011, 12:02 PM
Post #30

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Justin understood Pan's purpose in having Turnip wrap his vines around him. It was about safety, assurance, all that stuff. The Venusaur was climbing above him and Justin just really didn't trust his climbing abilities. Look at him! Justin became extremely uncomfortable climbing underneath this monstrous pokemon and it didn't help that he was bound in vines.

"Uh, this is, uh," he began, somewhat immobilized by the sudden onset claustrophobia. "Pan, I don't," This whole thing was extremely uncomfortable and dangerous. It was obvious something terrible was about to happen and he needed full control of himself, which he didn't have. "Get these vines off of me."

Honestly, he couldn't figure out why she decided it was so important for everyone to climb up at the same time. She should have just let him climb up by himself so if something bad happened, he'd be the only one who had to react. Now they were all in this situation, and everyone would have to react, including the two twelve year olds and the injured girl, as well as the oversized Venusaur who was far from fast.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Dragonwish2
post Jul 29 2011, 09:57 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

PANE Team

Liz was shocked to see the man take her place by going first. She was even moer shocked that he knew her name. Who was he? Just? Justin? Justin! She watched him climb up a few feet then started to follow. When Pan proposed the vines, she was glad not to have one. It would be too awkward for her.

“Don’t touch the Q’s!” Liz was stopped in her tracks as she moved, and paled to realize she had nearly grabbed it.

She reached up for an unknown pocket shaped like an X, which provided a nice grip with it's sharp outline. She moved slowly, watching for a second before touching anything. She glanced down also at her feet, careful not to accidentally stick her foot in any Q's.

A yard up she realized her constant watch was going to slow her down the the giant green pokemon's pace! (Liz still wasn't sure how that giant was climbing.) She made sure she had a good grip and reached down, letting out her Taillow.

"Serena, cry out if I reach for a Q, okay? Peck me if you have to." Her taillow cried out.

"Taii-llow!" Serena flew out, scanning the wall. Liz continued climbing, now faster with the help of her bird pokemon.

--------------------
Pane (click to show)

+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post Jul 30 2011, 08:46 PM
Post #32

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Active Squad

Finn grabbed a hold of one of Turnip's vines as he started his climb. When Pan mentioned not to touch the Q's, he stopped and looked around him, biting his lip and where his hand had been. "You've got to be kidding me," the trainer sighed. "Pan, Justin!" Finn turned and faced the two leaders of the group and gave them a worried look.

His hand was holding tight to one of the Q slots, knowing that he had just messed up some how. "I swear it was an accident!" Finn used his free arm and held on tight to Turnip's vine, hoping that whatever was going to happen next wasn't going to be as bad as he was expecting.

OOC (click to show)

This post has been edited by Angels Fall First: Jul 31 2011, 09:12 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 31 2011, 08:49 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

And a Golurk

As the climbers ascended upward, Justin insisted that he be “de-vined”. Liz didn’t even take one of the vines. It seemed both were apprehensive of Turnip’s climbing capabilities; neither wanted to go down with him should the venusaur misstep. None of them knew that Pan and Turnip had ascended Mt. Carello, but Pan listened to Justin’s request.

“Alright, but be careful.” Pan obliged to Justin’s wishes, leaving Finn as the only climber with a potentially life-saving harness. However, everyone seemed to be doing OK in the climbing department. Even Liz appeared to be experienced.

It wasn’t long before Finn announced that he had grabbed ahold of one of the forbidden q’s. As Pan looked down to Finn, the sound of a gears turning echoed through the chamber. This was followed by the dreadful sound of rushing water. Fortunately, the water wasn’t coming down on the climbers like a waterfall. Unfortunately for anyone still on the ground, the water burst out of the walls and quickly flooded the floor area. With such turbulence, there was the threat of a whirlpool forming.

“Keep moving!” Pan shouted to everyone. Hopefully, Kenz and the others made it into the air in time to avoid getting washed out.

OOC (click to show)

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Rasu
post Jul 31 2011, 09:14 AM
Post #34

Get-A-Load-Of-This-Guy Cam
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 272

Active Squad

The thirty minutes of rest passed as simple seconds. After the group was ready they set off up the now existent staircase only to be faced with yet another challenge. A huge wall covered in Unown symbols stood before them with the demand of being climbed. Tyson sighed. Why was it to hard to reach their only salvation? Why couldn't they simply walk up to the golem and request its help? This was not the time to whine, though, as every second that went by a meteor struck the surface.

"Don't worry about me, I can handle myself." he replied back to Kenz. He didn't doubt the her Tropius' strength but sometimes it's better off just giving it a fair margin seeing how he wasn't particularly light in weight. He returned both Lícia and Ceress, took a deep breath and walked up to the wall to begin his climb, wary of the Q's that Pan mentioned.

Finn, however, had already triggered the trap by mistake. As Tyson was starting to place his hands on the wall water was already flooding up the room, quickly reaching his knees and, in a matter of seconds, his waist. None of his Pokemon could actually aid them in this situation. Hitmonlee and Elekid were fighters, not swimmers, Lícia was probably too heavy to even float, despite water not affecting her so greatly and Gobi hated water, result of being a Ground-type. That left him with Ceress but he wasn't going to take the risk as for all he knew the Absol couldn't even swim.

He cursed under his breath. He was climbing the wall as fast as he could, somewhat aided by the ever rising water. The current, however, wasn't really helping. He looked up and couldn't believe what he saw. A Venusaur. A Venusaur clinging onto a wall with his vines.

"...How the hell is that even possible?" he noted how Finn was grabbing onto one of its vines. This could very well be his savior. "Hey! Could you lend me a vine here, please?" the water wasn't slowing down and was not reaching his torso. Tyson could only hope either the girl or the Venusaur itself would hear his request for help.

--------------------
+Quote Post

SaphireShadows
post Aug 1 2011, 11:26 PM
Post #35

It's a Diiiinosaurus Line!
Group Icon

Member No.: 101 714

PANE Pokemon

Twila blinked as Finn handed her a banana. "Wha-?" she asked, staring at the yellow fruit stupidly.

"Whoever wants to ride on Elly needs to take a banana and eat it. And before you look at me weird, I don't know either. Its a Tropius thing; don't worry, its not poisonous," Kenz said. Twila gave the Tropius a funny look, but shrugged and ate the banana anyways. It was only when she had taken the first bite of it that she realized how hungry she was. Apparently almost dying really increased your appetite.

Twila stood uncomfortably as Finn and the others started to climb the wall. She was fine with all the others climbing up - y'know, more room for her - but she had hoped Finn would have joined her and Kenz. She watched them all climb up, and was surprised to see Turnip slowly making his way up the wall with Pan on his back.

"Don't touch the Q's!" Twila heard Pan say. Unfortunately, Finn had already done just that. Twila groaned as she heard gears shifting somewhere behind the walls.

"What next?" she asked, feeling that some unseen entity was now laughing at them all. It didn't take long for the sound of rushing water to reach her ears. "Oh, of course, a flood. I should've known," Twila said to no one in particular. She then ran over to Tropius - now named Elly - and hopped onto her back. "Perhaps we should get in the air now?" she asked Kenz. The water had burst forth from the walls and was already ankle deep, and it had only been a few seconds!

OOC (click to show)

--------------------
PANE/Uprising (click to show)

Credits/Stalkin (click to show)

"I must be missing something here-" "Yes, a bloody sense of humor!"
+Quote Post

Pokefan209
post Aug 2 2011, 06:10 AM
Post #36

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Kenz's Squad (PANE)

Kenz groaned and connected her hand to her face as Finn let out a yelp. Of course he had touched a Q. Naturally, someone had to set off the stupid trap. Gears groaned, and suddenly the floor was covered in water. It was rising fast, and Kenz doubted Elly's resistance to Water was going to be of any service in this situation.

Trila was already on Elly's back and was yelling to Kenz to get on. "Perhaps we should get in the air now?" Elly seemed equally anxious not to drown. Kenz jumped up with adrenaline-induced speed and grabbed tightly to Tropius's neck. She yelled to her sister Pokemon the only word that would get her in the air,

"Jusqu'ŕ!!"

Elly understood, even though the others turned to Kenz in confusion. Jusqu'ŕ was French, Kenz's favorite language, for "Up." Elly jumped and, with incredible strength, flapped her light wings and soured up the wall with good speed.

Kenz was relieved, but somehow knew that, since a person could have just found a flying Pokemon out in the wild, the traps weren't over yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Toogee
post Aug 2 2011, 07:39 AM
Post #37

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Unlike some of the others, Tyson was pleading for one of Turnip’s vines. Pan commanded her venusaur to pass one to the blond. When Tyson grabbed on however, he would be pulled straight to the venusaur. Or at least, he would have had it not been for something else clinging to Tyson.

“Omastar!”

Water wasn’t the only thing rushing into the chamber. Several blue squid-like pokemon with giant spiral shells on their backs entered the fray. One of them had wrapped its tentacles around Tyson’s leg, engaged in a tug of war between the venusaur. Fortunately, Turnip still had plenty of spare vines, using one of them to swat the omastar away from the boy. A crack from the vine whip sent the omastar back into the depths. Turnip continued to pull Tyson to his level. Pan offered a hand, urging him to climb onto the venusaur’s back. She took a brief look down and saw that other omastars were ascending the wall as well, using their tentacles to grab ahold of the letters. Seeing that they liked the water, they had no problem grabbing the q-shaped letters, causing even more water to rush into the chamber. Worse, the door they had entered through had raised shut, leaving the water nowhere to go but up. This was no time to slow down.

And yet, as the group came closer to the top, they saw something else waiting for them.

“Ar?”

“Ar?”

“Cheops?”

Not one, but a whole colony of archeops were nesting in the upper reaches of the chamber, still safe from the rising water. Several of the birds were watching the group, waiting for any sudden movements, waiting for the group to race towards the platform that led to Regirock’s chamber. Turnip’s vines continued to grasp onto the letters as he maintained a rather slow pace, as were many of the climbers. This meant that they didn’t attract the attention of the ancient birds above.

The tropius on the other hand was another story. As it sped through the sky, it gathered the full attention of the colony.

“AR! AR! AR! AR!”

Several archeops dived towards Elly and her crew, threatening to send the group falling to the water below. One of the archeops was bold enough to go after the fruit hanging off the tropius’ neck! All Pan could do was watch in terror, hoping they would make it to the platform that led to their next destination.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Aug 2 2011, 11:03 AM
Post #38

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Justin climbed, relieved to be released from Turnip's grip. He trusted his own grip far more than Pan's Venusaur. But once Finn touched a Q and water started flooding the area, he realized speed was more important than safety. That turned out not to be totally true, however, as more Qs meant more water, and faster.

Omastars flooded the area with the water. There were a lot and a pokemon battle was difficult given the water. The lack of solid ground effectively ruled out any fighting pokemon besides swimmers and flyers. Fortunately, Justin had the former. Still a relatively new pokemon, Octillery and Justin were in the getting-to-know-you stage of their relationship. They both knew what moves he had available to him, though, and there was one in particular which stood out against Rock and Water type, though Justin did, admittedly, have to whip out his pokedex while climbing to learn this information. They were basically the same as the Kabutos they fought earlier, though they did seem a bit stronger. It didn't change their strategy.

"Octillery!" he shouted, releasing the pokemon into the water below him where the Omastar were beginning to try to climb up the wall. "Use Bullet Seed! On, like, everything!"

Octillery swam through the water, much more mobile than its ancient counterparts, many of whom wasted time trying to chase him down. As he moved, he shot seeds at Omastars trying to climb the rock wall. The seeds were notably weak, and not strong enough to individually take down an Omastar, but they were gargantuanly effective against them (4x!). They were, thus, strong enough to knock the pokemon off the walls, slowing not only their pursuit, but the rate at which the water was entering the area, giving the humans plenty of time to continue their careful pace.

Things were getting rough, though. As the Omastars realized the threat was not the humans, but the Octillery, he found himself surrounded in the water. He continued to shoot bullet seeds to force the helix pokemon to keep their distance, but it certainly wouldn't last forever.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post Aug 2 2011, 12:57 PM
Post #39

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Active Squad

With his grip on the vines even tighter than before, Finn made his way up the wall as fast as he could. rushing water and omastars were catching up to him, while there were raging birds on top of him, things were not looking good either way. The Archeops were charging at Kenz and Twila, obviously worrying Finn. He didn't have any Pokemon that could fly, and the only Pokemon that he had that could swim proficiently was his Krabby. But the Pokemon wasn't much of a swimmer rather a dweller of the sea.

"I'll just have to hurry," he whispered, quickening his pace. He reached as far as he could and lifted himself up, trying to get to the top. Soon enough he had made it on the same level as Turnip, a little out of breath. He huffed and puffed, trying to take a little break, but went back at climbing right away.

Once they were close enough, Finn threw himself to the ledge at the top. His arms held him up as he lifted his whole weakened body up. It wasn't time to rest though, his friends were still in trouble. He threw out two of his Pokemon, Nihall and Ercole. "Nihall, grab onto one of Turnip's vines and use your Double Kick to cover them as they climb up! Ercole, Bubblebeam at those Archeops and help Twila and Kenz!"

His two Pokemon nodded and went to work right away. Nihall took the vine that Finn had used and dove down, kicking whatever he could as he ran across the wall swiftly. All he had to do was stall the wild Pokemon long enough for his team to make it up. Ercole on the other hand had a harder job, trying to save the two that had been flying.

"I knew it wasn't that easy," Finn sighed. "Hang on tight, Twila." He turned to his Pokemon and said in a deep voice, "Don't let them get hurt, Ercole." His Krabby kept at it, shooting bubbles, trying to create some sort of opening for Elly to make it to the platform.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Dragonwish2
post Aug 2 2011, 07:13 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

PANE Team

Liz looked down after hearing an odd clicking noise. "Guys, that's not fun- WHAT THE HECK?!?" Water was rising below at an impossible pace. She looked up and grabbed around, not ccaring where now. Serena cawwed and Liz looked up.

A dozen feathered birds flew, waiting for them to walk right into them. The tropius flew and attracted their attention, creating what could be a massacre as the feathered birds dove onto the tropius. Liz called over her shoulder. "Serena, help Kenz ward off the tropius!"

She looked back down, now further annoyed and mad at seeing Omastar taking space from the water, attacking those still below. "Hurry, guys! It's now our lives at risk either way, so you might as well choose up!" She climbed further up.

Liz grabbed at her belt and released Oreo, grabbing his tiny arm before he could fall. She set him inside her bag, his upper half sticking out.

"Use Water Gun on anything that gets near, and that includes the things above us!" Oreo started spraying a blast of water gun above, striking an archeops. It fell, it's feathers to soaked to suddenly fly, and landed in the water.

Liz reached out for another grappling unown.

--------------------
Pane (click to show)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:39 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.