Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Ideal Crystal Team, In your opinion...
Akina
post Oct 25 2009, 10:32 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 67 377

My Girl Crew

I have recently restarted my Crystal game (and I hope the battery doesn't die).

I was wondering if people could give me advice on what a good team to aim for is. Preferably you could tell me which Pokémon to get and where.

Currently I have a Bayleef(16), Gastly(14), Poliwag(14), Growlithe(14), Sandshrew(10), Ekans (5), Spearow (2) and the Onix from an in-game trade (10).

What team should I aim for with the Chikorita starter. I would like to include a Dratini (although it comes later in the game) and a Lapras (although it comes later in the game).

I would preferably go for:

Grass Starter
Psychic/Ghost
Water/Ice
Fire
Electric/Bird
Rock/Ground/Fighting (Something solid or aggressive)

Please note that I cannot trade externally, and don't include legendaries or hacks.Therefore, no Suicine, Dogs, Geodude, Abra, etc.

Thank You. Any advice will be appreciated.

--------------------

These eggs images are all those of my brother. I am on temporary hiatus (on the main site), but still use the forums. I wanted to put my signature to good use.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Akina
post Oct 26 2009, 05:47 AM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

My Girl Crew

Come on guys - any ideas?

Post your teams and I will see if I can snag a few ideas.

--------------------

These eggs images are all those of my brother. I am on temporary hiatus (on the main site), but still use the forums. I wanted to put my signature to good use.

+Quote Post

VeganMacAndChees...
post Oct 28 2009, 12:51 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 70 164

My Pokeymanz.

Right now my team on Crystal is Gastly, Totodile, Sentret, and I'm not going to catch any more, I'm going to complete the game with those three. ;>> Then again, I'm weird. grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Prophet of Wapac...
post Oct 28 2009, 06:14 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 69 274

Just a team

Psychic/Ghost You have some pretty decent options for the psychic type, but the ghost only consists of Haunter (in your situation) and he's not awful but there are better pokes. If you want a attacker who can take hits, you could catch a Slowpoke in the well or you could go with a speedy attacker and catch a Staryu by fishing with a good rod in Olivine. Then you'd need a water stone to get Starmie. Jynx is also an excellent pokemon (Ice Cavern in the morning, she is most common on the bottom level) when I played through crystal last she destroyed Lance's Dragonites with ice punch. Exeggutor is also a very good choice, and if you want him headbutt trees near the Lake of Rage.
Water/Ice Stick with Lapras, it's a good choice.
Fire In crystal this is between Arcanine and Magmar. Arcanine is way better that Magmar so I'd continue using Growlithe.
Electric/Bird If you can get an Elekid egg from the daycare couple then evolve and use him. Lanturn and Jolteon are also good choices (Good Rod in Olivine Harbor at night for Chinchou). For a flying pokemon one of the best you can get is Skarmory, but he is a HUGE pain to level. Just go with an electric.
Rock/Ground/Fighting If you want one early get a male Nidoran and evolve it into Nidoking (National Park not during a contest), or you could wait until Victory Road and catch yourself a Rhydon. In my opinion Rhydon is the better option.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Akina
post Oct 30 2009, 07:20 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

My Girl Crew

I have been thinking of something along these lines:

Meganium
Espeon
Lapras
Electabuzz / Magmar (depends on which one i get first from daycare couple)
Dragonite
Machoke/ Arcanine/ Skarmory/ Rhydon/ Donphan

I just need help on the last one, or if you would recommend any changes.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lord of the Fly ...
post Nov 7 2009, 09:58 PM
Post #6

Time to rip off some faces
Group Icon

Member No.: 42 375

Dont Underestimate...

Hmm

Meganium
Espeon/Jynx*
Lapras/Vaporeon/Lanturn
Arcanine
Dragonite/Kingdra/Tyranitar
Gligar/Skarmory

Donphan/Nidoking/Girafarig/Heracross are also good choices

heres their locations:
Meganium:starter
Espeon/Vaporeon:Bill-eevee from Goldenrod and evolve in day/Water Stone from Bills Grandparents(Kanto)
Jynx:ice cave
Lapras:Union cave back area on Fridays
Lanturn:Fishing in the port and other areas
Arcanine:Fire stone from Bills grandparents
Dragonite:evolve dratini
Kingdra:trade over a seadra holding dragonscale (IF you can trade, if not then ignore Kingdra)
Tyranitar:Silver Cave(end of game)
Gligar:Mountain areas below Blackthorn City
Skarmory:Same as above ^^
Donphan:same as above^^or in Elite 4 cave place
Nidoking:Evolve nidoran male with moonstone
Girafarig:area above Mahogony Town.
Heracross:After you get HEADBUTT search trees outside of Union cave. (near pokemon center)

Meganium since you want a grass starter.
Espeon is probably the best bet but if you choose Vaporeon then id go with Jynx because you'll probably like to have an ice type.
Lapras is a beast in Crystal, but Vaporeon or Lanturn are also very nice.
Arcanine is best for your fire choices without Typhlosion.
Dragonite is great but I prefer Kingdra because of its other type. Tyranitar is Uber but you can only get later in the game.
Gligar or Skarmory because of their speed. (not just because I like gligar) Skarmory is a real speed freak and the steel type is good for it too. Gligar can do alot of damage along with good speed, not as great as Skarmory's but its good to have a balanced pokemon. (Its like if you have a pokemon that always hits last but does massive damage or a pokemon that hits first that does only minor damage)

Hope this helps. grin.gif

This post has been edited by Lord of the Fly Scorpions: Nov 7 2009, 10:00 PM

--------------------
Just kidding is just hurting<----Put this in your sig if u want to stop bullying

CLICKY CLICKY

CLICKY CLICKY

HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS BLUE SLIME

Gligar Images (click to show)

MY CLAIMS?! (click to show)

My Fakemon (click to show)
+Quote Post

Hyakugojuuichi n...
post Nov 10 2009, 08:05 AM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 442

ESPEONZ ARE MYNE!!

My preferred team is the first one I raised... Funnily enough, not one Pokémon fainted ever except once, my bayleef.gif fainted against Whitney's miltank.gif. So here it is...

meganium.gif - Available as starter as Chikorita.
espeon.gif - Available as Eevee from Bill. Raise it to have > or = 210 happiness and level.
tentacruel.gif - Available anywhere as Tentacool (Surf) or the later Surf routes as Tentacruel. (Surf)
magmar.gif - Available at Burned Tower, rare, as Magmar.
noctowl.gif - Available as Hoothoot at the first routes at night or as Noctowl at night near Lake of Rage.
girafarig.gif - Available at the route below Ecruteak, uncommon.

Hope it helped!

--------------------
+Quote Post

krabbymcnabby
post Feb 5 2010, 03:10 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 448

Normal Team

Meganium -
Your choice as a starter so i won't disagree
Espeon -
solid psychic type. Good Choice.
Lapras -
Definitely up there with the best to use
Electabuzz / Magmar (depends on which one i get first from daycare couple)
- This one i definitely disagree with. Is it because I hate these pokémon? Probably, however, if your using them as fillers (which it seems) I would say to choose another pokémon. To be honest, I don't see a reason for a fire pokémon (unless you think there cool). I would probably put in a weezing for this slot and just teach it flamethrower. Can be found in burning tower (i think)
Dragonite -
This one really depends on if you like the pokemon. I love this pokemon but there is still a lot of potential gone if you choose it
Machoke/ Arcanine/ Skarmory/ Rhydon/ Donphan
-If choosing a ground type, i would say rhydon is the best choice.

Other pokemon i would recommend: awesome.gif
Heracross, Slowbro, Ursaring

--------------------

Novelties:
Legendaries:
Shinies: None...yet wink.gif
+Quote Post

MM96180
post May 2 2010, 08:29 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 62 273

Active Squad

I realize this was a looong time ago, but I still wanna put my two cents in..

1. Poliwrath - Item: Mystic Water - Moves - Thunder Punch, Surf, Ice Beam, Ice Punch/Some other move

OR

1. Lapras - Item: Mystic Water/Nevermeltice - Moves: Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Surf, Psychic

2. Arcanine - Item: Charcoal - Moves: Bite, Flamethrower, Extremespeed/Take Down, Flame Wheel

3. Gengar - Item: What you prefer - Moves: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Fire Punch/Ice Punch/Thunder Punch, One of the Punches you didn't use for Move Three
*Gengar's Moves could depend. If you wanna hunt for Entei, Raikou, and Suicune, the use the following moveset.

*Moves: Night Shade, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Mean Look

4. Meganium - Item: Miracle Seed - Moves: Body Slam, Razor Leaf, Reflect/Light Screen, Posion Powder/Light Screen/Reflect
*I think that Meganium doesn't have a very good moveset and that something like Exeggutor would be more preferable, though it is entirely up to you.

OR

4. Exeggutor - Item: What your prefer - Moves: Egg Bomb, Psychic, Hypnosis, Giga Drain

5. Pidegot - Item: Sharp Beak - Moves: Wing Attack, and the other Three are up to you. Pidgeot was honestly the only bird I prefered. Though Noctowl is probably better

6. Golem - Item: What you prefer - Moves: Earthquake, Magnitude, Rollout, Fire Punch/Any move you can think of

OR

6. Marowak - Item: Thick Club - Moves: Bone Rush/Bonemerang, Earthquake, Fire Punch, False Swipe

I hope I helped someone. Remember, this is my personal preference and it has worked excellent for me. Note with Lapras, that is the best moveset. No question. Feel free to disagree...

--------------------
My Party:
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:23 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.