Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
"My Offers" Section
Zerxer
post Sep 7 2008, 03:41 PM
Post #1

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Well, I've discussed my idea for this months ago (thread located here) and I've finally finished it enough I think to make it public. It's pretty much everything that's listed in that thread. When you find a Pokémon you want now, the "Send Message" link has been replaced with the "Send Offer" link which will pop up a window for you to type in your message saying what you'll offer and whatnot.

The new section for managing your received/sent offers is the "My Offers" link under the Trade Station tab. This page will show you all the offers you've both received and sent and will show you the status of them and let you accept/deny them as well as confirm/cancel trades that have already been accepted. Once both people cancel a trade, it's canceled for good; once both confirm a trade, it's confirmed for good and you will be able to leave feedback (which you can't yet because I haven't finished this part).

The good thing about this is that you can easily accept/deny someone's offer without worrying about having to send a personalized message to them turning them down or anything like that. You just simply click either link and go from there. There is also of course a "Send PM" link for convenience once an offer has been accepted so the two of you can setup a time. Another good thing about this is you don't have to worry about going back through and deleting your old trades once they've been traded since this manages all that for you. If an offer is accepted, the trade is marked as pending and won't be viewable by anyone other than the two of you and if the trade is confirmed it is marked as traded and again not viewable by anyone other than the two of you. If it's canceled after being accepted, it is made viewable again. If the trade in question is one that has a quantity greater than one, the trade info is actually duplicated and that duplicate one is the one that is set to pending while the original one automatically has its quantity decreased by one. If that trade is canceled, the pending one is deleted and the original's quantity is increased by one again. However, if the original no longer exists, the pending one is made viewable and is marked as the original.

So yeah, I hope there's no bugs in it and hope everyone finds it more useful than just sending PMs back and forth with offers. I still have more stuff I'm doing to the Trade Station and this will be tied in more later on with other stuff. If you find anything wrong or have any suggestions, let me know.

walloftext.gif

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Etnie
post Sep 7 2008, 04:12 PM
Post #2

GTS+PL Duskfall Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2 030

Gym Team

That sounds really useful and Im sure it will be once I finally but all my shines up for trade. Also quick question - does this mean that you can now track what the most traded pokemon is and things like that?

--------------------
[spoiler=My Badges]
[/spoiler]
[align=center]FC: 5284 7712 8844
[/align]
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Sep 7 2008, 04:13 PM
Post #3

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(Etnie @ Sep 7 2008, 05:12 PM) *
Also quick question - does this mean that you can now track what the most traded pokemon is and things like that?

Hmm yeah stats like that should be able to be implemented later on with it actually storing completed trades now.

--------------------
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

TQQ
post Sep 7 2008, 07:27 PM
Post #4

Justin
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 244

Active Squad

looks nice, good job zerx! grin.gif kudos!
*bump*(good place to spend my 300th post)

This post has been edited by Moist: Sep 7 2008, 07:28 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Smythy
post Sep 8 2008, 02:32 AM
Post #5

Out of the Ground I rise to Grace
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 805

SS Team

Great Idea, Youve out done yourself this time.

--------------------
I'm back... for now :P

Kudos

Banner made by Viktoriya1998. Thanks to the people who contributed to my Pokedex the last time I was around! Credit goes to Team-Gama for the avatar

Clicky :P (click to show)
+Quote Post

torpidEccentric
post Sep 10 2008, 09:27 AM
Post #6

(っ°Д°)っ
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 997

Helios Conference

Nice work Zerxer. I hope I can use this feature, once i get a stable wifi spot going. thanks! wink.gif

--------------------

Credits here (click to show)

+Quote Post

Stealth Rock
post Sep 13 2008, 02:08 PM
Post #7

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 546

Old Gen 4 Team

What are these people wanting from me? I have someone offering a giratina and I don't know what they want!

--------------------

What if we were all just line segments living in a grid?
+Quote Post

Etnie
post Sep 13 2008, 02:22 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Gym Team

there needs to be a message offerer button or something of the sort.

--------------------
[spoiler=My Badges]
[/spoiler]
[/align]
+Quote Post

reptillio
post Sep 13 2008, 04:16 PM
Post #9

The Cheezborger Dragon
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1 990

Active Squad

i like this new idea. it just takes longer than reading a pm

--------------------
I CLONE AND CAN CLONE AND RETURN OR CLONE FOR ANYBODY AS LONG AS ITS A GOOD DEAL. PM ME IF U WANT DETAILS.[/color]

read my spoilers
splices (click to showhide)
more splices (click to showhide)

more splices yet again (click to showhide)

avatar by shiny collecter My Shinies;
Rayquaza, Lugia, Suicune, Metagross, Turtwig, Rotom, Ralts, Starly, Vespiquen, Ponyta, Azelf, Chimchar, Mudkip, Magikarp, Manaphy, Dialga, Ho-Oh, Deoxys, cresselia, blastoice, regigigas, and charmander, lucario, celebi, shieldon, and sceptile.
Other than those i have every legendary but not nessesarly shiny.
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Sep 13 2008, 09:06 PM
Post #10

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(Stealth Rock @ Sep 13 2008, 03:08 PM) *
What are these people wanting from me? I have someone offering a giratina and I don't know what they want!

It should say what they want with a link to it on the 2nd line of the little offer box. O_o.gif

QUOTE(Etnie)
there needs to be a message offerer button or something of the sort.

What do you mean?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Etnie
post Sep 13 2008, 09:13 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Gym Team

like if i get an offer and im like, "ok let me ask them about this poke" i would like a PM this user button or something.

--------------------
[spoiler=My Badges]
[/spoiler]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Sep 14 2008, 12:30 AM
Post #12

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(Etnie @ Sep 13 2008, 10:13 PM) *
like if i get an offer and im like, "ok let me ask them about this poke" i would like a PM this user button or something.

Ah, I had made it put a Send PM link for after offer was accepted so you could setup a time and stuff but I see your point. I put a Send PM link next to Accept/Deny.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Etnie
post Sep 14 2008, 09:28 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Gym Team

thnx Zerx. other than that it looks good to me, good job

edit: spoke too soon even after i accept a trade it is still in the my offers section???

This post has been edited by Etnie: Sep 14 2008, 09:29 AM

--------------------
[spoiler=My Badges]
[/spoiler]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Sep 14 2008, 10:50 AM
Post #14

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(Etnie @ Sep 14 2008, 10:28 AM) *
edit: spoke too soon even after i accept a trade it is still in the my offers section???

Well yeah you have to wait for the other person to see that you accepted it and then you both have to either confirm that the trade took place or say that you both canceled it. Once confirmed by both, you'll be able to leave feedback for each other.. that is, when I get that feature finished. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sushi
post Sep 19 2008, 12:23 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 897

Active Squad

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Sep 7 2008, 03:41 PM) *
Well, I've discussed my idea for this months ago (thread located here) and I've finally finished it enough I think to make it public. It's pretty much everything that's listed in that thread. When you find a Pokémon you want now, the "Send Message" link has been replaced with the "Send Offer" link which will pop up a window for you to type in your message saying what you'll offer and whatnot.

The new section for managing your received/sent offers is the "My Offers" link under the Trade Station tab. This page will show you all the offers you've both received and sent and will show you the status of them and let you accept/deny them as well as confirm/cancel trades that have already been accepted. Once both people cancel a trade, it's canceled for good; once both confirm a trade, it's confirmed for good and you will be able to leave feedback (which you can't yet because I haven't finished this part).

The good thing about this is that you can easily accept/deny someone's offer without worrying about having to send a personalized message to them turning them down or anything like that. You just simply click either link and go from there. There is also of course a "Send PM" link for convenience once an offer has been accepted so the two of you can setup a time. Another good thing about this is you don't have to worry about going back through and deleting your old trades once they've been traded since this manages all that for you. If an offer is accepted, the trade is marked as pending and won't be viewable by anyone other than the two of you and if the trade is confirmed it is marked as traded and again not viewable by anyone other than the two of you. If it's canceled after being accepted, it is made viewable again. If the trade in question is one that has a quantity greater than one, the trade info is actually duplicated and that duplicate one is the one that is set to pending while the original one automatically has its quantity decreased by one. If that trade is canceled, the pending one is deleted and the original's quantity is increased by one again. However, if the original no longer exists, the pending one is made viewable and is marked as the original.

So yeah, I hope there's no bugs in it and hope everyone finds it more useful than just sending PMs back and forth with offers. I still have more stuff I'm doing to the Trade Station and this will be tied in more later on with other stuff. If you find anything wrong or have any suggestions, let me know.

walloftext.gif

Hi there, I am new and am not sure how to trade, can
you tell me how?
It seems like you are an expert. blush.gif

--------------------
I am tall and have blond hair over my waist, I go to 5th grade and looove riding.
I joind Sep. 16 and hope to get the hang of this. ^^;
+Quote Post

Sushi
post Sep 19 2008, 12:26 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 897

Active Squad

QUOTE(Etnie @ Sep 14 2008, 09:28 AM) *
thnx Zerx. other than that it looks good to me, good job

Hey u said the ''s'' word in ur quote!!!!!!!!!!! unimpressed.gif

--------------------
I am tall and have blond hair over my waist, I go to 5th grade and looove riding.
I joind Sep. 16 and hope to get the hang of this. ^^;
+Quote Post

Letan
post Sep 19 2008, 04:09 PM
Post #17

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

Sushi, there is no need to double-post. If you feel that you have something necessary to add, use the 'Edit' button and edit your previous post instead.

I'll leave your question to Zerxer.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Sep 19 2008, 04:26 PM
Post #18

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(Sushi @ Sep 19 2008, 01:23 PM) *
Hi there, I am new and am not sure how to trade, can
you tell me how?
It seems like you are an expert. blush.gif

Umm all trading is done through the game itself. You'd swap friend codes with the person you're trading and you'd both meet up on Nintendo Wi-Fi through the basement of the Poké Center. If you don't know your friend code, check your key items in your bag. You should have a Pal Pad and if you don't, I think you get it from the basement of the Poké Center.

.."s" word? confused.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

The Darkrai
post Sep 21 2008, 02:06 PM
Post #19

Blaze of Gory
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 412

Original Squad

I noticed that when i deny an offer, it says "You denied The Darkrai's offer for the Lvl1 Riolu"
Basicly is says I made an offer to my self and denied it.

--------------------

I have no more words.
darkrai.gif

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Sep 21 2008, 04:33 PM
Post #20

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(The Darkrai @ Sep 21 2008, 03:06 PM) *
I noticed that when i deny an offer, it says "You denied The Darkrai's offer for the Lvl1 Riolu"
Basicly is says I made an offer to my self and denied it.

Fixed, as well as the Send PM link accidentally linking to your ID.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 07:06 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.