Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Gen V... are you excited?
Love
post Sep 16 2010, 09:39 PM
Post #21

If love is a labor, I'll slave till the end
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 57 047

Active Squad

Wait, are we talking about GPX or just the actual game? After reading the thread, I feel like I answered in reference to the wrong thing.
If that's the case - for GPX, I'll be excited when I can read the names in English. For the actual games... Well, I'm indifferent because I can't afford to buy it (or a DS) anyway.

--------------------

Married on May 8, 2011!
Past names: Fearow, Mewtu, Mebukijika, Sawsbuck, Truth
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Jen
post Sep 16 2010, 09:51 PM
Post #22

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

I like almost all of this new generation's pokemon, so I'm excited. grin.gif I pretty much agree with Hit The Floor. I haven't been so eager for the new pokemon since Johto, as well. ^_^.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Danafox
post Sep 16 2010, 11:44 PM
Post #23

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 96 385

Favorites

I can't wait to see all the new pokemon on this website that's gonna be fun to start seeing stuff that you don't know what the heck it is lol happy.gif

--------------------

Fun Stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Rhyu
post Sep 17 2010, 01:27 AM
Post #24

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 948

Active Squad

For the site, somewhat excited, but I really want to get caught up on what we have already before having more piled on O____O

As for the games, somewhat, it'll be interesting to see just how "revolutionized" it is.

Like others I'm not a huge fan of new pokemon, there are some cool ones, but most of sort of....what were they smoking? And not in the good way. Seriously, I think they butchered most of the starters final evolutions, and there are so many that are like double ups of the same thing with minor alterations. They're is a lot of humanshapes too. Practically everything ends up on 2 legs in this generation (save for things with a giant block of sand on their back o_O). Whats with the vein armed construction worker? Anyone thing the gears are a very uninspired version of magnemite?

It is sort of interesting how many dragon types there are though. Usually its like one 3 evo dragon and maybe another cross dragon/legend but they've got dragons left right and center. That and steel, bug and fighting.

I don't know, they just sot of feel really...digimon like. Admittedly I like digimon, but they look like cheap digimon rather than pokemon. I swear, that one new bird pokemon that's red and blue (the big fancy looking one) there is a digimon that looks just like that but for the life of me cannot remember it.

Lets see if the animations redeem them a bit.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Vicious Gobbler
post Sep 17 2010, 01:29 AM
Post #25

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 782

My Faves.

Honestly, the generation V pokemon look like they are from an alternate reality or something. There are pokemon that are quite similar to ones from Gen I. Take gear and its evolutions. Does that not remind you of magnimite? what about Dageki and Nageki? Hitmochan and hitmolee. I quite like some of them, like Moguryuu and Doryuuzu (Sandshrew and Sandslash anyone?)

By the way, for anyone interested, link to them is http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

This post has been edited by jerrad: Sep 17 2010, 01:30 AM

--------------------
My Party Images. Updated Often. (click to show)
+Quote Post

Ouroboros
post Sep 17 2010, 01:34 AM
Post #26

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 827

Ouroboros Party

I don't really want to get too excited since before they add the Generation V pokemon, they'd need the regular sprites (probably have those already), the typings (also revealed), the pokedex entries, the number of steps to hatch the eggs, the shiny form sprites, the eggs groups each pokemon is in, and the maximum experience it takes for them to reach lvl 100. (Correct me if I'm wrong or missed something)

But otherwise, I eagerly await the new generation 5 pokemon additions to the site. More shiny hunts that I'll have to do crazy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Vicious Gobbler
post Sep 17 2010, 01:39 AM
Post #27

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 782

My Faves.

QUOTE(Solace @ Sep 17 2010, 01:34 AM) *
I don't really want to get too excited since before they add the Generation V pokemon, they'd need the regular sprites (probably have those already), the typings (also revealed), the pokedex entries, the number of steps to hatch the eggs, the shiny form sprites, the eggs groups each pokemon is in, and the maximum experience it takes for them to reach lvl 100. (Correct me if I'm wrong or missed something)

But otherwise, I eagerly await the new generation 5 pokemon additions to the site. More shiny hunts that I'll have to do crazy.gif

They all already have the Podex #'s and types from what I can tell from the site.

--------------------
My Party Images. Updated Often. (click to show)
+Quote Post

damo279
post Sep 17 2010, 03:30 AM
Post #28

Pokemon Hunter, Trainer, Master
Group Icon

From: Somewhere between the pokemon universe and kingdom hearts universe
Member No.: 20 199

My Platinum Team

Sweet Lord these things are repulsive.
Sure at first some of the Gen III and Gen IV ones looked pretty ugly and different at first but they grew on me after a while but this is the first time I have ever looked at 90% of an entire generation and actually been put off playing the games.
If I wanted to play Digimon games then you damn well better believe I would have played my digimon games

--------------------

I always try to click back if you click my full party.
Get it? Clicks for me = Clicks for you! Everyone wins!
Special Pokemon (click to show)

Cool Stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Tyranno
post Sep 17 2010, 05:48 AM
Post #29

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 95 544

Active Squad

They kinda look like old pokemon re-vamped, Talk about not being creative

They still look awesomre, Can't wait!

--------------------
My Party

~Dragon Cave~

+Quote Post

Knightlord64
post Sep 17 2010, 06:10 AM
Post #30

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 111 568

Active Squad

Too generic pokemon so no.

--------------------

Help my party grow? I'll click back when I get the chance happy.gif
+Quote Post

Keith
post Sep 17 2010, 08:48 AM
Post #31

Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 198

Team Gracidea

I'd LOVE to see you all out design GF. You bash the living crap out of them, but put your money where your mouth is. You say their "fakemon" well I've NEVER seen any fakemons half as good as these.

--------------------
My Pokemon:

Friend's Pokemon:
+Quote Post

Lacrymosa
post Sep 17 2010, 09:30 AM
Post #32

can u not
Group Icon

Member No.: 88 119

nyoom

I like roughly 1 in every 6 new pokemon, most designs look pretty ridiculous :/ Cannot say I'm looking forward to it much.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Izonus
post Sep 17 2010, 01:38 PM
Post #33

Zac - Space monkeys keep killing me.
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 862

Om Nom

Dude... the Legendary Pokemon, with the exception of the mascots, suck. I mean, what the heck are these cloud god things about? They're just recoulors with minor changes. The Legendaries used to be unique, and in a good way. Now they're just... blah. Most designs just look absolutely retarded. What's that veined little purple creature swinging around a rock? Wtf?

Not looking forward to most of them. Just my opinion, they don't stand out. I do, though, ADORE the starters. Beautiful work. Maybe half of them I don't like, along with most of the legendaries.

This post has been edited by Silversoul: Sep 17 2010, 01:39 PM

--------------------

Interact with them? o:

Click for my party! grin.gif

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

LongShot
post Sep 17 2010, 02:00 PM
Post #34

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 758

HeartGold Team.

I'm looking forward to this generation. Most of the new pokemon are actually relaly adorable, in my opinion, though i know alot of people wouldn't agree.

--------------------

Quizzes and Stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Retrospect
post Sep 17 2010, 02:07 PM
Post #35

Back from the dead... sort of.
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 279

Active Squad

On GPX+? Meh, just more to collect for my living dex which isn't a bad thing but I'm not chomping at the bit. I am excited for the game and not really because of the Pokemon but the gameplay itself.

But, my initial likes list is much longer than usual for first reveal of a gen:
all the starters (or at least one evolution of them)
Choroneko and Lepurasudu
Shimama and Zeburaika
Purotooga and Abagoora
Zorua and Zoroark
Rankurusu
Shikijika and Mebukijka
Monozu and Jiheddo
some of the Fighting Legendary beasts
Zekrom

And of course there's plenty of cute Pokemon in the mix as well as ugly. That's pretty usual as are "remakes" or rather similar to previously made Pokemon. There's some in every new gen but it just feels like there's a bit more of resemblance to the ever sacred first gen pokemon/evo lines so I can see why some people could get rubbed the wrong way. I mean, there's only so many species of animals on Earth and so many items that would make an interesting Pokemon. They're not going to please everybody. And besides, if I get really upset at something, I can just get some previous gen Pokemon to use in game.

The Gym Leaders and Elite 4 look fun (idk who said it was 7 but from what I've read it's still 4: Shikimi, Giima, Cattleya, and Renbu) and all the new features. I'm also interested to try my hand at a triple battle. I thought 3 was pushing it but I'll try it before I diss it.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Cytosine
post Sep 17 2010, 02:10 PM
Post #36

shloop
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 37 706

swabbies

I love this generation more than words can say.

--------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+Quote Post

klefki
post Sep 17 2010, 02:19 PM
Post #37

FUN FOR ALL SEASONS AT THE SPORTING GOODS STORE
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 382

his highness

QUOTE(Miriam The Bat @ Sep 16 2010, 09:04 PM) *
I personally love most of the new pokemon. And I'm an old lady who played Red & Blue when they were new.
This. I hate about 36 of them, but love or like the rest. Had a pretty difficult time picking out a team because I wanted to use so many of em.

Not going to be looking forward to events involving the non Reshy/Zekrom/Vicinti/musical/steel horse guys, though.

This post has been edited by Mr Blue Viperfish: Sep 17 2010, 02:20 PM

--------------------
y'all kids can be edgy as fuck man
+Quote Post

Ninja Squirrel T...
post Sep 17 2010, 02:29 PM
Post #38

Ashlie's Minnions
Group Icon

Member No.: 55 679

the best ever

Cecil: yes

--------------------
+Quote Post

GuardianAnthony
post Sep 17 2010, 02:37 PM
Post #39

Off The Hook
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 327

Bug Legion

Looking forward to both the games AND for generation V to be introduced here on the website. I've seen the new Pokemon and I adore many of them, so getting them here will be just as amazing of course.
+Quote Post

Artezza Trigger
post Sep 17 2010, 02:53 PM
Post #40

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 103 471

Give me your Face!

I've gotten to a point where finding new eggs is difficult, so a new batch will let me get back on track.

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:18 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.