Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
The Exploration Institution, Explore and Create - Members need to reapply
Doctor Octopus
post May 11 2012, 06:11 PM
Post #21

Just your friendly neighborhood supervillain.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 11 632

The Sinister Six

@Sweeter: Pretty much just echoing Silver here- the requirements probably ought to be upped a bit (but probably not by much), and the tasks increased in difficulty. Interaction tasks would be longer, berry feeding tasks would require more berries, that sort of thing. whoops you already fixed that before I could finish my post ahaha. Like I said- they could be a little harder, but I think they're relatively okay. I mean, it's not like you're trying to make another TBD here.

Thus far, the story itself is good. There are a few grammatical errors like with tenses and such scattered through it, but those can all be fixed pretty easily. :P The rest of the stuff that I noticed to fix was really just personal things to kind of make it flow better and/or put it into my style, so yeah, I won't really mention those much more than through this. XD

And now on to my exploration idea! I don't have any of it actually written yet since it's still kind of a conglomeration of ideas rolling around in my head, but I figured I'd post what I have figured out thus far.

... Get ready for a text wall. I'm eloquent. XD

Hoenn Weather Trio (click to show)

--------------------

GTS/GPX+'s resident inactive supervillain.
I go by Doc, Otto, and Doc Ock, whichever strikes your fancy.

old, out of date signature things (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

SilverLugia456
post May 11 2012, 06:42 PM
Post #22

None
Group Icon

Member No.: 102 120

Top Favorites

That sounds really good so far.

When it comes your story it seems like there might be a lot of detail that would need to work into about a 10-15 task exploration.
Going through what you said:

the task split is good at 2/3 cause that gives you plenty of time to give each story without rushing it.
As for where the story should go, that could probably head a few different ways:
Red is basically groudon -> which means you could chase around intense sunlight rays to like two different locations cause that would give you at least two pokemon tasks before the final task. This also gives room for berry feeding tasks and items. Same could go for Kyogre. As for Rayquaza with the winds, you could use the winds or maybe sightings to choose two locations before sky pillar, and save a least one task for the sky Pillar climb. You could probably use the last few task as a confrontation one if there is a villain featured in your exploration.

As for mine, I already posted what was going to be in the beginning so I'll give a overview of what I'm doing.

A Lake Trio Exploration (click to show)

I look forward to other stories and ideas that other people come up with, so far these ideas and stories are looking good and could be expanded on with new ideas and opinions. ^_^.gif

This post has been edited by SilverLugia456: May 11 2012, 06:44 PM

--------------------

Visit my youtube Page: SilverLugia345

GPXplus Groups Joined (click to show)

Contest Ribbons and Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Doctor Octopus
post May 11 2012, 07:00 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

The Sinister Six

Hm, that does sound good, except perhaps the Rayquaza one. The thing with that is that, with 'you' being such an aficionado of the legend, you would know straight away where Rayquaza usually hangs out: the Sky Pillar. However, a way around that could be that you try to fly directly to the top, but get blown away by the winds, and your Fearow gets pretty badly beat up by the crash landing. That'd leave a berry task for you before you attempt to climb up the Sky Pillar. So basically: Fearow task to try to fly there, feeding task to help it heal, then climb the Sky Pillar.
(Or perhaps an exploration item task in place of the berry feeding one- part of the orb could have gotten knocked loose from whatever you're carrying it in when you crash landed, so you have to find it)

As for Groudon and Kyogre, the first task following them could be the same- go to the Weather Institution to see where the sunlight or downpours seem to be concentrated the most, then go from there. For Groudon, Dodrio could get exhausted before you get to Lavaridge, requiring a berry feeding task, and for Kyogre... surf around the area for a bit and not find anything (surfing Poke), go to Mossdeep (interactions), and get your diving Pokemon plus maybe a few items for 'preparation'? The item thing could be split up when you try to dive first and realize that whoops, you can't breathe underwater. Dunno what items you'd need though...

Villain confrontation: That's what I figured, but I'm not sure how I'm going to go about doing that yet, so it'll require some more thought.

@Lake trio thoughts: Maybe instead of the lights turning into orbs, they could coalesce into chains of the same colours- thus tying it in to the D/P/Pt stuff, and still be something physical to grab on to. Part of me is kind of not liking the orb thing because of parallels with the Hoenn stuff- the red and blue ones matching, basically. It's all just symbolism in here, I know, but still. :P

Uxie: Expanding on the idea of a mistake, perhaps 'your' difficulty and reason for trudging through the snow would be that you've made such a bad mistake that it's eating you up inside, and Uxie teaches you that not everything ended after your mistake, and that some things can still be turned around. Granted, there would still be consequences to the actions of your mistake, but things can get better. Technically this is more 'wisdom' centred and knowledge =/= wisdom, but for the exploration I think you could pull it off.

Azelf: Again, 'you' could be struggling with a problem, or a big decision that you need to make, but what you know is the right thing to do requires you to do some difficult things, whether physically or mentally. Azelf could show you that, despite the seen difficulty, with willpower and perseverance it's not as hard as you thought.

I dunno, these're still pretty nebulous ideas, but hopefully that'll give you a little more to work with.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Apple Bloom
post May 11 2012, 07:37 PM
Post #24

Hi am a Apple Bloom fan
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 110 919

Ponies <3333333333

Mizuhisa is now Apple Bloom

--------------------

Art made for me(credit for the creators) (click to show)

Awards (click to show)

Previously Sweetie Bloomaloo,Apple Bloom,Mizuhisa,Mizuki Himeji,Lucky Star 9,Kenitchi Shirihama n Mari, Birdy Seafann Artita,pallkia
+Quote Post

Doctor Octopus
post May 11 2012, 08:02 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

The Sinister Six

Okay, well, turns out inspiration struck (again) while I was out getting ice cream at Dairy Queen with mum, so here's what I have.

Spoiler because I have a tendency of being long winded (click to show)

--------------------

+Quote Post

SilverLugia456
post May 12 2012, 10:01 AM
Post #26

None
Group Icon

Top Favorites

That sounds good you just need a story now to back that up with, along with what tasks could possibly accompany each parts of those stories like if there is a confrontation either a battle in battle tower or a pokemon leveling task. There would probably be a few pokemon leveling or obtaining tasks since the places jump a bit.

As for your suggestions for mine, i will definitively keep those in mind when writing my three separate stories, since those give me a few ideas of what could each story be focused on. Cause one thing that I don't want is each story is different but I don't want them all to be closely the same cause that defeats the purpose of each individual story. Thanks for the feed back. ^_^.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tulaash
post May 12 2012, 01:28 PM
Post #27

Tulaash, the Probably-Not-Well-Known
Group Icon

Member No.: 151 005

Some Favorites

Natural Harmonia Gropius->Shadow Suicune

This post has been edited by Shadow Suicune: May 12 2012, 01:28 PM

--------------------
“New year, new me,” I say, laughing to my friends. Suddenly, I throw my arms out, golden light erupting from my hands and face. I scream in agony as every single cell in my body is rewritten, atom by atom. Abruptly, the light show ends and I drop my arms, coughing out a golden trail of residual energy. I am completely made new.

I am a Time Lord.

Where is Nebby?

This is exactly why babies should not be allowed to dual-wield flintlock pistols.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Doctor Octopus
post May 12 2012, 04:31 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

The Sinister Six

Well, with what I've got described there, it seems like the three different paths won't differ all that much after you actually find the respective legendary, but they do still differ a little bit... so they do merge back relatively quickly, but I think it'll still be okay.

Aaaaand if all goes well, I'll probably start writing it out sometime soon. I have something that I need to draw and finish before Wednesday, so I may focus on that first, but hopefully I'll start writing soonish.

Another thing I thought of is, well... what will the powers that be do once there is an exploration for all (or most, at least, since I can't see Arceus having an exploration anytime soon) of the normally unobtainable legends? Will they make ones for summonable legends, or for their respective summoning items, or just completely leave them out of the exploration roster? Just something I'm sort of curious as to what they'll end up doing, I suppose.
I have to make sure to temper my delusions of grandeur with this thought, ahaha XD since chances are that the powers that be won't be making summonable legendary explorations anytime soon, if at all

--------------------

+Quote Post

Running On Ice
post May 13 2012, 09:17 PM
Post #29

There’s a lot of tension in this town
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 626

Active Squad

I've been coming up with a couple other explorations. I'm still brainstorming stuff. One of them involves getting five random Battle Gems you don't have yet or just five random ones if you have them all, and the other I'm not sure about. I'm thinking either for a novelty or a new item. For the second one the main character is transported to a strange dimension where some Pokemon are enslaved and forced to hurt innocent Pokemon. The slave master owns a Hydreigon but I don't know if it's gonna be a special one or not. I have some task ideas:

Task 1: Item-finding
Task 2: Interaction (when you're transported)
Task 3: Have an Infernape in your party
Task 4: Have Infernape win a battle in the Vs. Seeker
Task 5: Have 85 people feed Infernape a Cheri Berry (it wins but it gets paralyzed in the process
(I'm not sure how many other tasks will be in between)
Task ??: Have a Dragonite and a Pinsir, at level 65 or higher, in your party

And that's all I have thought of so far.

--------------------
FRIEND CODE: 4527-8945-5766; NAME: Laura
FRIEND SAFARI: NORMAL; PM me so we can trade codes

Clubs and Shinies (click to show)

"Don't take advice from people like me. Do your own thing always"- Chrissie Hynde, from ironically a thing titled "Chrissie Hynde's Advice To Chick Rockers"
+Quote Post

Manah
post May 14 2012, 10:02 AM
Post #30

Made of random and Joltik love / Totally not a fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 080

Diamond Party

I love the idea of different paths. That'd make doing explorations several times a lot less...hm, boring isn't the right word, since I still enjoy doing them, but you get the idea. And I love reading the stories, so I'd love to be able to have different story paths.

--------------------
Pokémon Moon FC: 0877-0881-6378 (Trainer name: June)

~
Buttons made by Arceus Awakened
+Quote Post

SilverLugia456
post May 14 2012, 10:41 AM
Post #31

None
Group Icon

Top Favorites

I'm glad others like the different story ideas, its something new and could probably work somewhere down the road.

@Doctor Octopus - thanks, yes they will have similiar to each other but yet different in the sense of a different setting or a different time, with a different goal maybe. As for what could come for explorations after one is done for ever unsummonable legendary, they could possibly do ones for summonables, one for items that are had to obtain(like a blue stone, the battle gems/items) maybe even have a new item that gives something new to the site. I'm sure when that time comes new ideas will come out on what explorations people could do.

@Sweeter - that is a interesting story idea, and its something new, you could have a story like that stretch though 9 - 12 task depending on what the setting is and what happens. As i can see now, you have a main character transport so that's a good few interaction tasks, then pokemon tasks to fight others berry feeding tasks to heal injured pokemon, maybe a item finding task to find a key or key item for something, and also battle tower battles going against the top person or maybe if the characters runs into any other threats. As for a reward that could be offered for it, that I wouldn't know at the moment but a new novelty or a new item sounds good. Nice job, if you write out a exploration story for this, i look forward to reading it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Keyda
post May 14 2012, 07:16 PM
Post #32

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 121 702

Active Squad

Just out of curiosity, I know you're working on an exploration for the lake trio. What happens if the admins already have something for the same ones, or had someone do one? Do you have to stop working on it or would they either incorporate yours or use yours completely?

I was thinking of starting a google doc to store all these story ideas, that way people can read them without sifting through posts. Would people be okay with that?

--------------------
Needed Trinkets
+Quote Post

SilverLugia456
post May 14 2012, 07:37 PM
Post #33

None
Group Icon

Top Favorites

You see, there is really nothing that says these ideas or stories will be used. There is always hope that, something like that could happen but people writing these explorations(myself included) I would think could be doing it cause maybe they love to write, or they had an idea for a exploration story idea for something that was already done or hasn't been done yet and would like to get it out there for other people to read and get opinions on it.

Also if the time comes where new ideas need to be brought up for explorations people could look here and get them. And even if the admins/contributors already have one done for the site, i don't believe it would hurt to share an story or idea if you have a different one than what is out already. Stories are always fun to read, and some fun comes in writing/creating the story, which having fun is one aspects of this group. ^_^.gif

As for the doc idea might be a good idea, and its something that could probably be tested out to see if it makes reading the stories more easier.

This post has been edited by SilverLugia456: May 14 2012, 07:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Keyda
post May 14 2012, 07:49 PM
Post #34

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Okay, so it's more for fun and if it gets used then that's wonderful. I wasn't saying don't write them, I hope it didn't come across like that.

I'll put together a doc tomorrow when I can function a little more. Today was my final and it was exhausting.

--------------------
Needed Trinkets
+Quote Post

Keyda
post May 15 2012, 08:37 AM
Post #35

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Here's the documents, let me know if you like it or not. I've only included actual tasks if they have been labeled as such, that way it keeps it more organized. If something needs to be fixed just let me know where it goes and repost the entire task again with the changes.

Exploration Stories

--------------------
Needed Trinkets
+Quote Post

SilverLugia456
post May 15 2012, 09:23 AM
Post #36

None
Group Icon

Top Favorites

okay I'll look at it as soon as you approve my request to look at it since it asked that when I clicked on the link, then after that I'll add it to the first post so that everyone will know where to look and where to click, though if they need permission to view the document that might be a small problem so if you can, have it where it doesn't need permission and is a open document for people to view.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Keyda
post May 15 2012, 09:35 AM
Post #37

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Sorry, all fixed. I forgot to change it from private to anyone with the link can view.

--------------------
Needed Trinkets
+Quote Post

SilverLugia456
post May 15 2012, 10:26 AM
Post #38

None
Group Icon

Top Favorites

looks good so far except you need to change the requirements for the exploration i did, since there was none and it can't be one time anyways since you need to embark on it at least 3 times to get each lake legendary, the only requirements that were listed where those from Sweeter's exploration, if i could edit it myself i would but i can't since its only in view only. Other than that it looks pretty good.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Keyda
post May 15 2012, 11:05 AM
Post #39

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Fixed. I copy pasted then forgot to edit. Guess my brain really is fried.

--------------------
Needed Trinkets
+Quote Post

SilverLugia456
post May 16 2012, 11:31 PM
Post #40

None
Group Icon

Top Favorites

Its alright now that the list is updated, now it can be edited whenever there are new stories or ideas are shared, it should help keep things more organized and i thank you for bring up the idea and making the list out.

As for the exploration update for my story: I'm still working on the emotion storyline it seems like I'm making each task a bit too long and too detailed. i need to reword a few things and make a few changes to shorten it as well so it isn't over 20 tasks xD which shouldn't be a problem.

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 02:11 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.