Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Prospecting for Pokemon, Catch until you can't catch anymore!
Dmitri Shostakov...
post Mar 6 2009, 08:48 PM
Post #1

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3 355

Active Squad

Norman Senna was excited. He finally had enough money to take a few days off and take a vacation. He was going on an expedition through Terga Woods, a small forest to the west of the town. He gathered up his Pokemon and went to the island port. While waiting for the ship, Norman went into a nearby Poke Mart.

He asked the clerk for 5 Poke Balls. After making his purchase, Norman returned outside. The ship could be seen in the distance. He wanted to see if anyone on the ship was willing to go on his trip with him. He did not know if some of his potential comrades were already on the island, but he was sure the ship carried some.

Norman paced back and forth, preparing a speech to anyone who would seem like a good person to go on a journey with. Perhaps having a Pokemon out would help. He sent out his Treecko, Quinn. Quinn looked at Norman oddly, then began to pace alongside him. This would display that Norman was good with Pokemon. He did not rehearse this, it was pure luck that Quinn did what he did. Nonetheless, Norman was proud of his little green companion.

OOC (click to show)

This post has been edited by Blue Giratina: Mar 6 2009, 08:49 PM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Looker
post Mar 6 2009, 10:36 PM
Post #2

My code name, it is Looker. It is what they call me.
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 868

The Fighting Fogeys

John was tired, he had been wandering aimlessly through the continent for a while now, knowing he was too weak for a gym he had been looking for some simple battles. He had stumbled into a small port town and stuck around. It wasn't long before he figured the fact that there were ferries heading to a small island, considering the fact he was interested in training his Turtwig he was pretty sure this was the place to go.

The crowd was thick with people of all kinds. Old, young, kids, adults, trainers, vacationers. Many of them were relaxing around the uncommonly large dock with their pokemon. Some were clearly well trained, Johns latent talent with Pokemon helped with this, he was amazed at how many different types were there. A blond haired boy was feeding his Electrive while a younger looking girl was sitting with a large smile on her face, holding a Skitty in her arms as she sat with her parents. John smiled as he continued to walk along the mass of bodies, drifting off into his thoughts.

"Maybe I should join in the fun too, Croagunk could use some fun" he had said to himself as he pulled a small pokeball from his belt, Releasing a red blast as soon as it grew to its normal size. A somewhat larger then normal Croagunk stood there staring up at him.

"Good morning buddy," He said as he ran his hands along the frog looking creatures head, its dry skin itching across his hand, "Ready for a trip?"

The pokemon gave a slight salute as it hopped it's way onto Johns back.

This post has been edited by Christopher Wallken: Mar 6 2009, 10:37 PM

--------------------
I Claim the *Shiny* Porygon Family~ ~ ~

+Quote Post

Rezerai
post Mar 7 2009, 08:18 PM
Post #3

Mawile Fanboy
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 259

Favourites

Kuri had been excited about receiving the letter from her brother telling her about the small island that was home to the town of Fidona and a load of rare pokémon. She managed the trip up here all by herself but now that she was nearly ashore she wasn't so sure that she was going to manage to enjoy herself. The journey itself hadn't been bad, in fact it was quite nice to get to ride on a ferry, at least when she hadn't like she was going to throw up her breakfast No this was a very recent worry, the phone conversation she'd had with her brother that morning hadn't exactly gone as she'd hoped it would.

'Hey sis, yeah sorry but it turns out I won't be able to meet you in the island.
I know, I know I promised I would but it's okay.
I've heard there are some trainers going to explore the forest we were going to.
I know it's not the same thing, I'm sorry, I was really looking forward to this.
Something came up and... well I'll be stuck around the continent a while longer.
I'll try to head over to meet you and if not I'll be waiting when you come back.
Go have fun, you're the one that wanted to be independent right?
Just be careful and I'll see you soon, I promise.'

He was right of course, she did want to be independent with this but going off into the woods with a load of people she didn't know? That was a little much for her to handle straight off. She sighed softly, watching the land mass appear before her, it wasn't like she could just go back now without wasting her money. Maybe the other trainers would be nice, maybe she would enjoy herself, maybe she'd beat on her brother the next time she saw him, who knew either way?

"Shiiiiinx!" Luka whined at her feet, pawing at the wall separating him from a view of the island. Kuri smiled a little at the little electric cub's actions before bending down to pick him up. She stepped back and held him in her arms, letting him get a good view of where they were going while making sure she wouldn't be able to drop him off the side of the boat.

"Someone's excited about this at least." She whispered to him, her eyes scanning the others on the ferry. She still wasn't used to being around so many people but having Luka around was a great comfort. It was a shame Vale was apparently petrified of being surrounded by a body of water and practically begged to be put back in his pokéball for the journey. Then again Kuri wouldn't have minded being inside a ball if it spared her getting sea sick.

"Inx!" Luka happily exclaimed, apparently very excited about what was in store for them. Maybe if she didn't worry too much things would turn out as well as Luka seemed to think they would. Either way they'd be docking soon and she'd have to go find these trainers or sit in the town by herself.
+Quote Post

Dmitri Shostakov...
post Mar 8 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #4

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

The ferry was finally pulling into the dock. Norman stopped pacing, and looked to the boat with excitement. His Treecko, Quinn, once again repeated his action. Norman picked up the small Pokemon, so he would not be trampled by the crowd. Norman walked up to the place where everyone was getting off, and looked for people to recruit.

The first person that caught his eye had a Croagunk. Norman thought Croagunk were relatively rare, so he assumed this trainer was talented at catching. He wanted to wave to him, but his arms were full of Quinn. He made his way through the mass of people, trying to get to the man with the Croagunk.

While trying to get to him, Norman bumped into a woman. She was accompanied by a Shinx. Quinn, being mischievous, jumped out of Norman's arms. He tackled the Shinx. Norman cried out, "Quinn! Be nice!"

This may turn off the woman's desire to help Norman. Fortunately, this caught the attention of the man with the Croagunk. Norman picked his Treecko back up, and apologized to the two trainers. He then decided to introduce himself. He said, "My name is Norman Senna. If you were not too offended by Quinn's behavior, would you mind helping me? I am planning a trip into Rocky Woods, and I would like it if I had some companions. You are interested, correct?"
+Quote Post

Looker
post Mar 8 2009, 06:40 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

The Fighting Fogeys

John was rather lax as he made his way off of the boat, moving with the mass of life as his Croagunk hung tightly around his shoulders, its dry skin rubbing roughly along the side of his face.

"Are you excited buddy?" John whispered to his companion.

"Croa..." the purple frog responded with an average tone. Croagunk was normally relaxed, unlike John's Treecko who seemed to always be full of energy, that's why it was still in its pokeball. The deck emptied fast as people started to spread out along the docks. Many people had at least one of their pokemon next to them, Different shapes, colors, and types were all over. Suddenly he heard a slight yelp as a Treecko tackled a Shinx right out of a girls arms. The suspected trainer of the Treeckoappeared right after, scolding the pokemon.

The trainer turned to John and the woman as he introduced himself,

""My name is Norman Senna. If you were not too offended by Quinn's behavior, would you mind helping me? I am planning a trip into Rocky Woods, and I would like it if I had some companions. You are interested, correct?"

The man sounded legit and John wouldn't mind some company.

"Sure, I guess that would be fine with me" He responded with a slight nod, the Croagunk on his shoulder expanding his cheecks as he let out a slight ribbit, nearly mimicking the head motions of his trainer.

This post has been edited by Christopher Wallken: Mar 10 2009, 08:42 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Rezerai
post Mar 9 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #6

Mawile Fanboy
Group Icon

Favourites

Kuri hadn't been looking forward to getting off the boat with all the other people, so much so that she had hung back for a while to let others filter past and off. When she thought it might finally be a little easier to get off she started her way to the exit ramp, holding onto Luka carefully and giving everyone else as wide a berth as she could. Somewhat to her dismay however the thong of people did not disperse quickly from the dock and with those still leaving the boat behind her she didn't have much choice but to make her way through the crowd. She tried to make her way to the edge of the crowd, wanting to get some breathing room. That didn't end up being the case though as without warning she had been pounced by a Treecko, loosing her grip on Luka and almost falling back herself.

"Luka!" Kuri shouted as she watched her pokémon quickly jump to it's feet and growl at the the Treecko, sparks crackling through is fur. Thankfully it's trainer came over to pickup his stray grass type, giving Kuri enough time to regain her on balance and retrieve Luka.

"Inx, Inx!" Luka growled at the Treecko, glaring at the little grass type though calming down enough in his trainers arms that he shouldn't shock her.

"Enough Luka." Kuri told the Shinx softly, resting a hand on his head and stroking through his fur to calm him down. She eventually glanced back up to the owner of the Treecko as he explained himself, though most of her attention was still focused on her Shinx.

"Erm... I was going to be going that way..." She starts to reply slowly, caught off guard by the sudden subject change in subject, her eyes falling on the Treecko. "I guess I could follow along... if you can keep your Treecko under control." At this point in time anything was better than being in this overbearing crowd and if she changed her mind they couldn't exactly stop her from leaving later. She kept her arms around Luka protectively, waiting to see if she'd get any comments made on her reply. While she normally wouldn't say anything about how other people handled their pokémon, she was far from going to make her Luka put up with being attacked for no reason.

OOC (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lobomon
post Mar 10 2009, 01:07 AM
Post #7

Watashiwa, Onisuzumega, daisukidesu!
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 372

Active Squad

Suzi was frantic. The boat had arrived on shore, and she couldn't find Luke anywhere. Everytime she thought she'd found a clue, it turned ot to be just a scrap of cloth or another object that looked coencidently like a Riolu tail. Every second wasted was a second Luke could get further away, and boy, could he run. She was fidgeting, hoping to hear Danni before she made herself seen.

Unfortunately, the green reptile was seen first, and climbed up Suzi's leg onto her sholder.
"No luck, I'm guessing," Suzi said.
Danni shook her head.
Suzi sighed, "Never mind. I know you don't like being alone but we're gonna have to take another look."
Danni's face filled with fear, but she took it in her stride and set off again. Luke was as much her son as he was Suzi's, as creepy as that is. Suzi smiled, and set of in the opposite direction.

Meanwhile, Luke was cowering behind a tree clutching onto a bottle of juice as big as he was like it was the only thing keeping him alive. He'd found some money on the floor and decided to use it to get a drink from a nearby vending machine. After a fair struggle, he'd managed to get his drink, but he was unable to find Suzi or Danni. After a minute of panic, he'd taken refuge under a seat. When the ferry had reached the shore, he'd stepped out, hoping to catch up with Suzi and Danni, but was swepped off the ship by a current of people.

From the refuge of the tree, Luke was observing a group of people, weighing up whether or not he should approach them. On one hand, Suzi had told him to never talk to strangers, but on the other, one of them had a Treeko, like Danni, but at the same time, not like her. His eyes flicked between everyone in the group of trainers and pokemon. Eventually, he decided that, due to the Treeko, they couldn't be all bad. He stood up and walked over to the trainers, dragging the bottle with him.
"Hello mister Treeko," he said to Norman, "have you seen my mummies?"

--------------------

I claim Spearow, Shiny Surskit and Shiny Spiritomb!
+Quote Post

Dmitri Shostakov...
post Mar 11 2009, 03:59 PM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Sure, I guess that would be fine with me."

Norman had secured the man with the Croagunk. He handed him a map of Rocky Woods. He explained, "This is where we are going. If you get lost, refer to this map. I would give you a compass, but I only have one..."

Norman trailed off. He was still embarrassed by his Treecko's behavior. The woman, whose Shinx was apparently named Luka, said, "I guess I could follow along... if you can keep your Treecko under control." Norman assured her, "Quinn is a little quirky at times. I promise he won't do it again." Quinn made an innocent face and nodded in agreement.

Finally, a Riolu came waddling up. He seemed to pique Quinn's interest. Quinn leaped out of Norman's hands, and in front of the Riolu. The Treecko then sniffed the air. Norman realized he smelled another Treecko. Quinn grabbed the Riolu went running off in a different direction. Norman told the other trainers to follow him, and ran after Quinn.

Quinn found a trainer with a female Treecko on her shoulder. He ran up to her, and put the Riolu down. He tried to think of something to impress the female. However, Norman caught up to him. Right before Quinn struck a pose, Norman put him back in his Poke Ball. "Enough of your shenanigans," he murmured.

Norman said, "I need something a little more laid back." He reached in his bag and pulled out a different Poke Ball. It was as Norman hoped, his Turtwig. Turtwig looked lazily at Norman, then rolled over and took a nap. Norman turned to the trainer. He asked, "Is this your Riolu, ma'am?"

OOC (click to show)
+Quote Post

Laughing Jackal
post Mar 14 2009, 02:31 PM
Post #9

Johnny Madigan
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 413

Active Squad

[.: The sound of an electric guitar being strummed fills the air causing Pidgey’s and Spearow’s to fly from the trees of Rocky Woods into the sky above. John Madigan stands face to face with a Pikachu, with a pokeball in him. He smiles at the rodent Pokemon as he presses the button to the pokeball, causing it to become a normal size. John shot-puts the pokeball forward with his left hand, and strums his electric guitar with his right hand. The pokeball opens up and out comes Disco Inferno, John’s Charmeleon. The Pikachu gets in a ready position and prepares to attack, but John stands still, still with his smirk across his face. Out of nowhere, the Pikachu leaps forward at Disco Inferno and tries to hit him with a Tackle. John still cautiously waits for the right moment to strike. Right as the wild Pikachu is about to connect, John finally plants his feet, ready for battle. :.]

John Madigan | Rainbow Rebel

“Now! Hit it with a Dragon Claw!”

[.: Without even time to blink, Disco Inferno swings with a hook and connects with the leaping Pikachu, sending it airborne in the opposite direction. The Pikachu staggers from the attack, but quickly gets up, charging up for a Thundershock on Disco Inferno. John laughs and calls out to his Charmeleon. :.]

“Show er’ who’s the man around here Disco!”

[.: The Charmeleon gives a thumbs up to John. It then places its hands on its hips and looks up into the sky, striking a pose. Captivate entices the Pikachu and it stops charging up its attack, just staring at Disco instead. John laughs again because his plan has worked. As the Pikachu stands with a loving smile on it’s face, John slowly grabs a pokeball off of his belt. He smoothly brings it up, winds up, and throws the pokeball with all of his might, hitting the love struck Pikachu in its plump belly. A flash of light appears and the Pikachu is sucked inside. :.]

[.: It rocks once….. twice….. three times and it’s caught! :.]

[.: John and Disco Inferno both pump one of their arms down in unison, as a sign of victory. Disco then proceeds to walk up to the pokeball, pick it up, stare at it, and then carry it back to John. John takes the pokeball and places it on his waist, and pets Disco on his bright red head. Afterwards, John begins walking through the forest once again, toying with his Pokedex and adding his newest Pokemon to it. :.]

((Caught a level 11 Pikachu named Rock'n'Rolla))

This post has been edited by Laughing Jackal: Mar 14 2009, 02:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

knil1
post Mar 14 2009, 05:58 PM
Post #10

also known as Duzzel. ^_^
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 392

Dream Party

Koryu Hiroki stepped outside and held his hand up to his foreheaad to block the intensity of the glorious Fidona sun. His grandparents walked out behing him and handed him his messenger bag, filled with potions, pokeballs, and money lent to him by his parents. His grandmother spoke,
"Good luck out there in Furoh, this area isn't like the Kanto and Johto region," she smiled. Next his grandfather spoke,
"Ditto. Be sure to care for the pokemon we gave you, also the little one you found."
"I'm sorry your parents couldn't be here to see you off on your next journey, I'm sure they would be proud." Koryu smiled and nodded. In cosideration of his pokemon on the beginning of they're journey, he let them out and allowed them to say bye to their caretakers. Koryu hugged his Grandparents and walked off leaving his them waving in the distance.
He walked briskly, taking in the magnificent sunlight and fresh afternoon air. He walked on for a while and, as most trainers do, found and battled some wild pokemon to train his own. But Koryu felt sorry for the wild pokemon and healed them after each battle. He started laughing after he healed each one thinking that he probably shouldn't mention this to other trainers on his journey. He knew he was already strange enough, this was something that no one else needed to know about him...
"Damn, I ran out of potions."
He would walk along humming a song, his bulbasaur and chikorita running ahead of him playing games in the fields, which from the melodic tune he was humming seemed to get more rich and abundant with grasses and flowers. Yet another thing he shouldn't mention to others...
He came to a crossroad out in the middle of the plains. One trail led to a town and the other led to a forest, which seemed densly populated with pokemon and abundant life. The sign pointing toward the forest said Rocky forest - 5 miles, and the sign pointing towards the town said Fidona - 18 miles. He released his pidgey to get an overhead view of both trails as he pulled out the map his grandparents gave him. The forest trail led to Fidona, just as the other trail did, but the forest trail took longer. Pidgey returned and acted as if there was something going on in the forest.
Koryu smiled, "Guess we get to take the forest trail then."

A while after getting through the forest he found a port with a recently docked boat carrying many trainers on it. Because he didn't like keeping his pokemon inside their pokeballs, they jst walked arond with him wherever he went. When Koryu's Chikorita saw all of the various types of pokemon, she got excited and ran off towards the boat. His Pidgey, went after her to try and bring her back. The two pokemon got very far, then Bulbasaur started going towards the boat to get her too, but lckily Koryu grabbed him in time before he cold get too far.
He walked down to the dock and was amazed to see the pokemon. He had travelled in Kanto and Johto, but all of the Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon were intruiging to him. He walked around with his bulbasaur looking for his two lost pokemon, and after some time, his chikorita returned, without pidgey.
"Well, that's fabulous... Where did you see her last?" The Chikorita then pointed in the direction of a man with a Treeko and Riolu talking to a girl.
"... ok... In that direction, or that person knows?" the chikorita's eyes seemed focused on Koryu's shirt, then it snapped back, smiled and nodded. "Yeah, that answers the question." Koryu, before his Chikorita escaped again, put her back into her green pokeball. Koryu was running out of ideas for finding his pokemon, so he and Bulbasaur walked over to the two and started asking, "Excuse me, I'm sorry to bother you, but have either of you seen a pidgey?"
It was at that moment that his pidgey spotted him and flew down, at a speed that seemed to be increasing, accidently hitting Koryu hard and knocking him down. The bulbasaur just sat there, shaking it's head.

OOC (click to show)

This post has been edited by knil1: Mar 14 2009, 09:31 PM

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lobomon
post Mar 14 2009, 09:19 PM
Post #11

Watashiwa, Onisuzumega, daisukidesu!
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 372

Active Squad

OOC (click to show)

After yet another unsuccessful search of the area, Suzi was really starting to fret. She was shacking and sweating uncontrollably. Luke wasn't exactly the strongest pokemon around, but Suzi knew all to well that there were some people who would do anything to get there hands on a talking pokemon. The threat of Luke being stolen was made even grater by the general rarity of Riolu. She just hoped that he'd had the intelligence to keep his ability to talk a secret.

Stolen, the idea had made Suzi feel sick when she heard about J's exploits on TV. The idea of her own pokemon being stolen really did make her sick. She deposited her stomach contents on the footpath, much to the disgust of others. She was also looking extremely pale, a hard feat for someone with such a strong tan. A random passer-by seemed about ready to ask her if she was OK, but Suzi turned them down before they had a chance.

Danni was also worried, not just for Luke but also for her trainer. She couldn't remember seeing Suzi so pale since they had met, before she'd started to get her tan. That wasn't the only reason for Danni's concern, usually when Suzi threw up, she made some joke about how a perfectly good meal had gone to waste. It had been a long time since Suzi had been looking at life seriously enough to skip the joke.

Danni decided that the best thing she could do was to try and comfort Suzi. Right now they needed to stay composed and keep looking, they couldn't let themselves fall apart. From her perch on Suzi's shoulder, Danni snuggled into Suzi's head, murmuring words of reassurement. Danni knew that, despite the language barrier, her trainer knew her well enough to get an idea of what she was saying. She decided to increase the words calming effects by singing them to a random tune, making sure to stay away from anything that sounded even remotely like any of the lullabies Suzi had sung to Luke.

Luke yelped in surprise as Quinn picked him up. The unexpected reaction from the Treeko caused Luke to drop his prized bottle. As Luke tried to get a bearing on what was happening, Quinn put him down again. Luke was left rather stunned and only vaguely aware of his surroundings. "Mnghh" he 'said' as he rubbed his head, trying to figure out where he was.

Suzi had her eyes closed and was starting to regather herself, thanks to Danni. Suddenly, Danni exclaimed "Treeee!" and moved to Suzi's other shoulder. Suzi recognised the placement of Danni's limbs as the position she takes when startled by something on the same side of Suzi that Danni was on. However, something seemed out of place. Suzi tried to figure out what when Suzi realised that Danni was making some sort of hissing sound, she was on the defensive rather than hiding like usual. Suzi was about to open her eyes to make sure that they weren't about to be attacked by a Salamence or something along those lines when the hissing stopped. The threat was gone.

"Is this your Riolu, ma'am? This single sentence did what the idea of possibly being attacked by a Salamence and Quinn hitting on Danni couldn't. Suzi snapped her eyes open and Luke finally gained his bearings.

"Mummies!" Luke exclaimed happily.

"Luke!" said Suzi, her voice layered with ecstasy. Danni ran down Suzi and embraced Luke. Suzi scooped the pair up in her arms and said, "Where did you go Luke? You scared us!"

"I found some money on the floor and I was thirsty so I used one of those drink things but when I was done I couldn't find you and now I've lost the drink." Luke hung his head in shame.

"That doesn't matter," Suzi said reassuringly, "all that matters is that your safe." Danni nodded in confirmation. "Just do us a favor and ask us to help next time you get thirsty."

"OK!" Luke said, the happiness back in his voice. He snuggled into Suzi's gray shirt while Danni returned to her position on Suzi's shoulder. Suzi turned to Norman, her gratefulness painted onto her face.

"Thank you so much," she said, "this means the world to me. I hope he didn't bother you to much, he can get very excitable. My name's Suzanna, but I'd rather be called Suzi. The Treeko on my shoulder is Danielle, Danni for short and, although you probably figured this out yourself, the Riolu is Luke. Is there anything reasonable I can do to pay you back?"

--------------------

I claim Spearow, Shiny Surskit and Shiny Spiritomb!
+Quote Post

Looker
post Mar 15 2009, 12:16 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

The Fighting Fogeys

John simply followed this "Norman" trainer as he moved to the girl. Ignoring what he said to her he started to watch his Croagunk as it stared into the forest, taking in its surroundings. He lost track of time as he suddenly snapped back to reality. His Croagunk's head snapped quickly to focus on a small Rilou, it waddled along as I moved towards the group, a small bottle clutched in his hands. The same problematic Treecko as before jumped from Norman's shoulder, sniffing the air as it moved towards the Rilou. In a flash it grabbed the Rilou and took off, Norman following him as he told the others to follow.

"Hold on Buddy..." John sputtered as he started into a small jog, as he started to jog after the two but was stopped when Croagunk lept from his shoulder towards a small object on the ground. Before John could make out the object the Croagunk made its way back to its perch, the small object inside of its mouth. "Give me that." John said in a ordering tone as he grabbed the bottle. A small look over it only added to the confusion, "I'll hold onto this." he murmured to the frog. "Now, lets go catch up!"

It was only a few seconds before the two caught up to the Treecko and his trainer. They had stopped infront of a young girl. A Treecko perched on her shoulder was hissing towards Norman though stopped soon after.

John stopped short of Norman as he watched the display of love between the Rilou and the young girl. He didn't pay much attention though, the girl herself seemed a little odd in appearance which snagged his attention, ice blue eyes and dark hair and skin made John give some attention as he had never seen someone with such a unique look. Other then that he simply looked around the forest. On the opposite end his Croagunk had perked up which was unlike him, He started to rummage through the pack as he pulled the bottle from before. "What are you up to?" John whispered to the Croagunk who had now started to ignore him, waddling his way to the Rilou and its trainer with the bottle streched out in his hand.

"That's uncommonly kind of him..."

--------------------

+Quote Post

Rezerai
post Mar 15 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #13

Mawile Fanboy
Group Icon

Favourites

Kuri wasn't overly sure just how safe Luka was going to be from random tackles but she was willing to give the trainer and his Treecko the benefit of the doubt. It wasn't like she could let one little mishap stop her from traveling with them, well she could, but her brother would be more than happy to remind her that she was supposed to be trying to make friends whenever her got here. She nodded in reply to the man just before his Treecko went off in another apparent diving attempt. She watched as it took the hand of a Riolu with a bottle, a strange enough sight as it was, and ran off into the crowd, his trainer in hot pursuit.

It took her a moment to decide to follow, still debating if she was going to be able to keep up with so much running around and pokémon tackling. Between the slight sickness induced by the ferry ride and then being startled near out of her skin by Quinn tackling Luka out of her arms she would have been completely wiped out if she wasn't stronger than she had been a couple years ago. Even so she was still feeling fairly drained so instead of sprinting after Norman and the other boy she walked quickly instead, moving fast enough to keep them in sight but no more.

"Inx" Luka yawned softly as they started moving again, having settled far more happily in his trainers arms now that he didn't think it so likely he was going to need to worry about a pouncing. He gave a soft purr as he pressed back to his trainer, just reassuring her that he was fine and that if needs be he'd put the Treecko in it's place next time.

Kuri was more than thankful that he didn't seem to be hurt after the fall, having no idea what she'd do if her first really adventure had gone so wrong so quickly. It would be rather typical for her but for once she hoped things would go well, at least from here onwards. She didn't have long to consider the future though as she had almost caught up with the other two and it looked like Norman was talking to the owner of the Riolu. She hung back a bit, not overly eager to wander into the conversation. She was close enough to catch the girl's name though and could only smile at her reaction to finding her Riolu. Maybe she'd been a little quick to judge Quinn... or maybe not, she'd consider it even for the moment.

Her attention was stolen though as she noticed another boy approaching the group, only to be knocked down by a wayward Pidgy. She looked at the others but when none of them seemed to notice the incident she moved over to the boys side, crouching down a little next to him with Luka still in her arms.

"Are you okay?" She asks a little quietly, noticing that the Bulbasaur next to him, probably his pokémon given the Bulbasaur print on his shirt, doesn't seem overly concerned with the state of his trainer. After carefully placing Luka beside her she reaches out to tap the boy's arm gently,hoping he was okay simply because she had no idea what todo if he was really hurt from that fall.

Luka just shook himself when he was placed on the ground, the electric cub's eyes resting on the Bulbasaur. "Inx, shinx?" He asks the grass pokémon while tilting his head towards the boy on the ground. If speaking in English his question would have been something along the lines of 'Hey, is that boy dead or something?'
+Quote Post

knil1
post Mar 15 2009, 02:14 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Dream Party

Koryu opened his eyes after a while and quickly sat up. He looked around for a while and saw people looking in his direction. He blushed until he saw his pidgey sitting on the ground looking at him concerned. He stared at the bird for a second and returned it to it's pokeball. He turned back around and saw a girl with a shinx looking worried for him. Koryu brshed off his shirt and said,
"Sorry to worry you. My pidgey has occasional flying issues." He then smiles, "My name's Koryu. And you are?"

This post has been edited by knil1: Mar 15 2009, 02:14 PM

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Laughing Jackal
post Mar 15 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #15

Johnny Madigan
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 413

Active Squad

[.: Johnny Madigan continues his journey’s through Rocky Woods, staring deeply into his Pokedex in hand. A tracking beacon shows a face of a Pokemon wandering through the same forest that Johnny is wandering through, but it continually disappears for moments, causing Johnny to sigh and look up constantly. Walking to his right and slightly ahead as always is Disco Inferno, John’s Charmeleon and first Pokemon. Behind Disco walks Rock’n’Rolla, Johnny’s newly acquired Pikachu. R’n’R walks awkwardly close to Disco, just staring playfully at the larger than average Charmeleon. If this were a cartoon, you’d have seen the hearts in R’n’Rs eyes as she stared longingly at Disco. Ahead of the entire group was Cobalt, John’s Mankey that he acquired from a former traveling mate, Matthew Fletcher. Cobalt swung ahead of the group from tree to tree, looking for this mysterious Pokemon that John has spent most of the last year tracking. :.]

Disco Inferno | Charmeleon-In-Charge

Char Char. Charmeleon.

[.: Disco Inferno stares over at John, eying the love struck Pikachu as he looks over. Johnny doesn’t look down at his Charmeleon, but knows what it’s complaining about. :.]

“Come on Rock’n’Rolla… give it a break already.”

[.: The Pikachu just tilts its head and looks at John, continuing to walk forward with the rest of the group. :.]

Rock’n’Rolla | Playful Pikachu

“Pika pika. Pika Pikachu pika.”

[.: Johnny’s eyes light up when the Pokemon comes back on screen, but he quickly sighs as it disappears once more. :.]

“Sorry Rolla, I’m just really busy at the moment, and I think you’re freaking Disco out.”

[.: The Pikachu just kind of smiles and scratches the back of it’s neck as the group continues traveling through the forest. :.]

--------------------

+Quote Post

Rezerai
post Mar 16 2009, 04:40 PM
Post #16

Mawile Fanboy
Group Icon

Favourites

Kuri watched the boy sit up, still a little concerned about the knock but calming down somewhat as he recalls the Pidgy into a pokéball, so it was the boy's Pidgy. She wasn't sure what that said about the Pidgy or the boy but she cut off that line of thought right there, she had never realised she could be so critical of others but she was certainly going to nip that habit in the bud. She was here to make friends, not everyone was going to act like her brother after all. She sighed a little, still wishing he was here as much as she had set off on this journey for herself. It wasn't like she had all his experience with other people, he was basically the only 'friend' she'd ever had. Thankfully the boy spoke up, drawing her from that unpleasant train of thought.

"Oh..." She responded a little startled as she'd been wandering off in her mind. "Nice to meet you, I'm Kuri." She smiled in return, moving back a little to give him some room to get up more easily. She figured she wasn't going to be much use helping him up given how tall he seemed to be, easily a foot then some over her comparatively minuscule height. 'And to think he's younger than me probably,' she grumbled in her mind.

"Inx!" Luka chimed in, not liking to be left out of the conversation since the Bulbasaur didn't seem up for talking. He stood in front of Kuri in a protective manner, not wanting this boy to get any ideas about... well anything. He hadn't had to share her attention and he was hardly going to start now.

"And this..." Kuri continued seeing the little Shinx's agitation, a hand moving to rub over his head. "Is Luka."

+Quote Post

knil1
post Mar 16 2009, 04:59 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Dream Party

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kuri." the girl smiled in return, moving back a little to give him some room to get up more easily. Koryu smiled and nodded. "hello, I'm Koryu."
Koryu stood up, towering above her. There was a pause and Koryu noticed her looking up to him. Then her Shinx jumped down in front of her, startling Koryu a bit. "This is Luka," Kuri said.
Koryu kneeled down and smiled. "Hello Luka. Oh, this is my bulbasaur. He's not named yet, but I expect to name him soon." The bulbasar looked up at him and looked a little upset at the comment.
Koryu felt sorry for him, but Koryu was a perfectionist and wanted Bulbasar to have the perfect nickname.
"Yes, well, and before about my pidgey again, I'm sorry to worry you." The bulbasaur seemed to finally take interest in the Shinx that Kuri had with her. He walked over and started talking with him.
"So," Koryu started talking, "I see you came off the boat, is this your first time here? Do yo plan on doing anything during your stay? Have you met the locals?" He started getting more and more excited. Bulbasaur noticed Koryu showing one of his three personalities and hit him with Vine whip lightly before he could continue, then continued talking with Luka.
Koryu realized and spoke again, "Sorry. So, Kuri, is this your first time to Fidona?"

This post has been edited by knil1: Mar 18 2009, 09:17 PM

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Looker
post Mar 18 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

The Fighting Fogeys

Jon let his Croagunk go off on its little mission, why he wanted to give away the bottle who knows though Jon wouldn't stop this unusual moment of kindness. The girl known as "Kuri" was kneeling by a boy who had seemed to been hit by something. They had wandered off into their own little conversation.

Jon could feel that there were some unique pokemon around him, the rustling of the leaves and the sounds surrounded him as he stared down the path. His time in the marsh really made him good with tracking pokemon, he was no expert Pokemon Ranger but he was pretty good. A few of the trees around them seemed to have roots
that were suffering from malnutrition, black spots were appearing along the very bottom of the trees, a clear sign that Nincada were drinking the nutrients. Little details like this were the main source of Jons skills. Jon snapped back to reality when he realized he was staring at the ground, no one seemed to notice though, A small flutter startled him as he noticed a wild Natu was staring at him from a tree, it quickly flew off when Jon moved.

"Darn..." Jon sighed, turning back to the group as he walked to the boy on the ground.

"I assume you know your way around from the way you talk." Nearly shadowing the girl as he stood behind her.

This post has been edited by Christopher Wallken: Mar 18 2009, 08:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

knil1
post Mar 18 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Dream Party

"I assume you know your way around from the way you talk." Nearly shadowing the girl as he stood behind her.
Koryu saw the paerson behind him ask the question.
"A little," Koryu muttered, "I've only lived here for a couple of months. But i know this island pretty well."
Koryu realised the flow of new trainers coming off the boat, most of them were new here. Koryu wasn't ever a social child growing up, and making friends with other people was a little nerve-wrecking for him. But seeing as how all of these newcomers might need someone to show them around, it was the perfect opportunity for Koryu to make friends with other trainers.
His bulbasaur, still talking with Luka looked up. It seemed to have read his mind, because it looked up, smiled, and nodded. It then acted as if it wanted to go back in it's pokeball. Koryu pulled out the small orb, and clicked it open, causing the red light to make the pokemon disappear into the ball.
He looked back at the person and smiled, "My name is Koryu, welcome to Fidona."

This post has been edited by knil1: Mar 18 2009, 09:16 PM

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Rezerai
post Mar 19 2009, 09:14 PM
Post #20

Mawile Fanboy
Group Icon

Favourites

"It's nice to meet you Koryu," Kuri replied, shifting around some in her crouch. She couldn't help but smile some as the bulbasuar hit it's trainer lightly. She was amused by their little relationship and also thankful that it had stopped the barrage of questions. She nodded in response to his final question.

"It is my first time here yes. I was supposed to be..." She started to elaborate before the presence close behind her made her quickly move to one side. She was a little skittish when people snuck up on her especially those she didn't know and especially when she was already crouched down. She knew standing up to most people still left her the shorter one but she at least liked being on the same level as them.

"Inx!" Luka complained to the newcomer as he quickly placed himself between him and his trainer. He didn't like people making her uncomfortable.

"Oh Luka stop it." Kuri told her Shinx, scooping him back up in her arms before she stood up. She moved back a little so that she wasn't in front of the other boy whom she recognised from earlier. He seemed fine enough so she wasn't worried. Luka still decided to squirm some in her grip but she just held him a little tighter until he settled in her arms. She waited to see where this conversation might end up going, not wanting to interrupt whatever the other trainer might want to ask Koryu.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:29 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.