Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

135 Pages V  « < 133 134 135  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
GPX+ Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
Akane Kurashiki
post Nov 16 2019, 06:26 AM
Post #2681

My little shadow familiar can't be this cute
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 7 553

Favs <3

I know someone who got a crash last night when talking to an npc during a cutscene; he had autosave disabled. It seems it won't be easy to find out if there's anything in particular that's causing probems.

--------------------
I get so many things I don't deserve

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Nov 16 2019, 12:17 PM
Post #2682

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

Just hatched my gible wow
Guess I may as well just start one for squirtle seeing how it's just the 2nd day or so.

--------------------

Proud owner of the serial code assigned to Rana09938 (click to show)

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Gigadyne
post Nov 16 2019, 01:31 PM
Post #2683

Pokemon Breeder
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 164 629

Heartgold Team

QUOTE(Akane Kurashiki @ Nov 16 2019, 02:26 PM) *
It seems it won't be easy to find out if there's anything in particular that's causing probems.

The preliminary theory of this problem lies in vulnerable SD card driver in the console itself, and the way the game writes to NAND aka Switch's internal storage. Crashes and save corruptions aren't a new thing, i heard Smash Bros Ultimate had a somewhat similar problem with Piranha Plant, but it was limited only to game's save data. While data wipes, if not complete corruption of SD cards and god forbid, the NAND, is new.

More people keep suggesting to reformat SD cards to FAT32, but only in case of dire need, and if the capacity is above than 32 GB. That said, it would require to use a third party software utility on PC and as well to redownload games back on the card, which may take forever in some cases.
Anything higher is of Ex FAT format, which Switch doesn't handle well at all with Pokemon SW/SH.

Another tip is try to avoid using in-game online components for now if you do, since there's less risk of catching a crash. Not a 100 % solution, but merely an attempt to mitigate it somewhat. Since the GTS no longer exists as feature, anyway, and i doubt the random battles would be a huge loss.

The problem with Ex FAT driver would require a separate firmware update on it's own, not just a patch or two.

Rumors about the game literally frying NAND seem to be rather unreliable. But a risk of console brick isn't out of question yet, unfortunately.

This post has been edited by Gigadyne: Nov 16 2019, 02:24 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Nov 16 2019, 08:07 PM
Post #2684

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Member No.: 221 574

Random 'mons I like:

Wait, the GTS no longer exists in these games? That sucks. sad.gif But at least the Pokedex isn't super huge this time around, I guess?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Dec 1 2019, 12:10 AM
Post #2685

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

Congratulations to LightKunai for being a Contributor! :]

Thank you for the new eggs, Admins, Mods, & Contributors!

I'm curious to see what the new eggs are!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Darky
post Dec 1 2019, 06:36 AM
Post #2686

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 680

Active Squad

Wow, thank you for the new eggs=) Got a bunny from the voucher. Now to get the remaining ones=) Hopefully the'll appear in the shelter soon=)
+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post Dec 1 2019, 09:52 AM
Post #2687

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 828

HEROES

I signed up for Squirtle on the site wide shiny hunt but didn't manage to hatch a shiny in time due to inactivity (I was pretty busy this month). However, I bought 3 endorsements to obtain each poke. THANK YOU @admins and @mods. Gpx+ will be a way for me to enjoy the Galar pokémon since I can't play sword and shield, unfortunately.
I've been watching some playthrough and shiny hunting vids on youtube and the new games are AMAZING, I so wish I had a switch OTL.

--------------------

•TRINKET TRADING PLACE•||FC: 4055-4266-5767
POKEMON SHINY HUNTER//XY; ORAS; SUMO; USUM

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Kaname Date
post Dec 1 2019, 12:41 PM
Post #2688

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 186 218

Active Squad

Happy December, everyone! I wasn't able to get a shiny, but I grabbed some vouchers and got 2/3 of the new Pokemon ^^

I'm also picking up one of SW/SH this month for Hanukkah! I haven't decided what version yet, but leaning towards Shield because I like the exclusives more.

--------------------
+Quote Post

PokeNOM NOM NOM
post Dec 1 2019, 01:34 PM
Post #2689

Spriter / Writer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 99 214

Active Squad

Got my shiny Squirtle after more than 500 eggs, and purchased two more Endorsements to have the whole set.
Started breeding two out of three (one of them turned out to be female, lucky), so hope you guys can grab some from the Shelter.

--------------------

Check out my GPX+ profile
to find out what I've contributed so far!

'Counterbalanced'
+Quote Post

KikiRukata
post Dec 1 2019, 03:52 PM
Post #2690

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 188 513

Active Squad

I was so happy to see these new eggs! I got my Bunny and may start breeding soon.

Since I know eventually all of Gen8 pokemon will be coming over to GPX do we know if we'll get more pc boxes? (Is still hoping for more achievements for the other gens) Most of mine are filled with my Living Dex/Shiny Dex with boxes specific just for release pokemon.

Also looking forward to December! SO many things to do so little time!

<3

--------------------

+Quote Post

nickwatic
post Dec 1 2019, 06:05 PM
Post #2691

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 155 698

Active Squad

Currently breeding Grookey rn, slow process since I have not had the BEST compatibility yet, at somewhat like each other with the current way im going but hope to get better compatibility soon
+Quote Post

Sharl
post Dec 2 2019, 11:00 PM
Post #2692

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 457

My Roster

Do voucher Galar-Starters not evolve? I'm not seeing anything in their Dex Entries noes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Gigadyne
post Dec 3 2019, 12:11 AM
Post #2693

Pokemon Breeder
Group Icon

Member No.: 164 629

Heartgold Team

For now, only basic forms are available. Had pretty much the same confusion when I saw all three mons not ready to evolve past level 18.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Permalocked
post Dec 3 2019, 04:28 PM
Post #2694

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 258 414

Active Squad

Is there any specific guide for new members here?

And hi everyone. I am an adult female who hopes to make some new friends here. In addition to Pokemon, I also like monopoly and chess.
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Dec 4 2019, 12:19 AM
Post #2695

Group Icon

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(Galar @ Dec 3 2019, 10:28 PM) *

And hi everyone. I am an adult female who hopes to make some new friends here. In addition to Pokemon, I also like monopoly and chess.

Yo
Welcome!

If you want to know the forum rules, you should be able to view those under the "forums" button.
There's also the egg clicking site which does have a faq available. The login is the same as for here.
https://gpx.plus/help

There's a variety of stuff to do so you certainly won't be bored. The base forms for the Galar starters were released the first of this month so it may be worth keeping an eye out for those on there.

This post has been edited by Luneon: Dec 4 2019, 12:20 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Permalocked
post Dec 4 2019, 03:56 PM
Post #2696

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 258 414

Active Squad

Thank you so much, that is quite helpful!

So with Christmas only three weeks away, for those who celebrate it, do you feel ready for it to be so soon? I myself am a little freaked out because I haven't done any Christmas shopping, nor do I even know what all my family wants. Guess I'd better get to work...
+Quote Post

vendyjane
post Yesterday, 09:47 AM
Post #2697

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 255 848

Active Squad

Hi everyone. Someone posted their Battle Tower team a while back on another thread after they completed Master Commuter (3,000 Battle Subway wins) and I thought I'd do the same thing.

I use a slightly different team now, but I'll be showing off the team that carried me through most of the grind.

Ancient Alakazam

25 HP/19 ATK/30 DEF/31 SATK/26 SDEF/7 SPD (138 total)
Modest (+SATK -ATK)
Choice Specs

Ancient Alakazam sports the same extreme base SATK stat as Mega Alakazam (180), and having a SATK boosting nature and perfect SATK IVs makes it an amazing cannon. As a party leader, it often can completely melt at least half of an entire team before it runs into a Zoroark or other obligatory Dark type, and if the other team makes the mistake of not having a good Psychic counter it can sweep the entire team outright. This wasn't actually my party leader for much of my grind, and as a non-leader it served as a good panic button to quickly end battles.

Dugtrio

25 HP/31 ATK/19 DEF/27 SATK/15 SDEF/31 SPD (148 total)
Hasty (+SPD, -DEF)
Choice Band

This was my party leader for a long time before I opted for Ancient Alakazam instead. When I was coached through creating a competent Battle Tower team, I was told that Dugtrio would be a good party leader due to it covering 5 types and being extremely fast. My Dugtrio in particular is about as optimal as my Ancient Alakazam, having perfect ATK and SPD IVs and a SPD boosting nature, which are both Dugtrio's strongest traits. It works quite well as a party leader because it's made of paper and can't take hits at all, so being a speedy cannon works the most in that position. As a non-leader it serves as a good revenge killer and counter to bulky Steel and/or Rock enemies.

Mega Gyarados

24 HP/31 ATK/23 DEF/26 SATK/25 SDEF/28 SPD (157 total)
Impish (+DEF, -SATK)
Rock Gem

A very reliable, powerful, and well-rounded team member, Mega Gyarados can deal with many situations. It served most notably as a Psychic counter, and got good use out of its Rock Gem by dealing with Flying Pokemon. It most notably counters Charizard extremely well, being able to deal x4 damage with its Rock move while halving its offensive damage by being half Water-type.

Ferrothorn

30 HP/31 ATK/20 DEF/21 SATK/24 SDEF/25 SPD (151 total)
Bashful (Neutral)
Leftovers

An absolutely amazing and vital member of my team. With Leftovers and beefy DEF and SDEF base stats, this can take a lot of punishment from anything that doesn't directly counter it. I usually use this against Normal and/or Flying type Pokemon since those moves do half damage against Steel. If I'm in the proper position to do so, I hit it with one or two Swords Dances and do some serious damage. Its Steel typing means that it can counter Fairy types, which is important as many teams are sporting Gardevoir or Mega Gardevoir.

Valentacruel

12 HP/27 ATK/27 DEF/30 SATK/19 SDEF/30 SPD (145 total)
Lax (+DEF -SDEF)
Leftovers

As a bulky Fairy type, this counters Fairy and Dark types while being able to take punishment from them. Though its Water typing is somewhat redundant with Mega Gyarados's presence, it helps more than you might think to have two Water-types.

Darmanitan

17 HP/19 ATK/2 DEF/31 SATK/29 SDEF/19 SPD (117 total)
Timid (+SPD, -ATK)
Choice Band

Though the stats on this one aren't nearly as impressive as my other team members, its Choice Band and high ATK base stat make it an effective slugger. It can surprisingly cut through a lot of Pokemon that it isn't a direct counter to due to it being a fast and heavy hitter, but does rather average when it comes to taking hits.

Mega Audino

31 HP/29 ATK/23 DEF/30 SATK/14 SDEF/30 SPD (157 total)
Bold (+DEF, -ATK)
Leftovers

This is what I eventually replaced Valentacruel with. It's currently my team leader, and my strategy with it is to set up once or twice if I don't run into trouble in the first two turns and sweep the opponent's team. It can't deal with Poison or Steel types, but if I run into any I can cancel my sweep and battle normally just fine. It's important to switch it out if it gets around 50% HP, because sacrificing a good Dragon and Dark counter is usually a terrible idea.

As of writing this post, I now have 4,307 Battle Subway wins with my highest streak going to 520 battles. I'm very grateful that I was able to put together a good team after spending a lot of time collecting and hunting for good IV, competitively viable Pokemon. It's quite amazing to me that I went from profusely hating the Battle Tower to being obsessed with the grind. It's very fun when you finally figure out what you're doing.

This post has been edited by vendyjane: Yesterday, 09:50 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Luneon
post Yesterday, 12:01 PM
Post #2698

Group Icon

The Chosen Ones

Sorta.

Christmas isn't all that important for me as I only have a family birthday to celebrate and send out a few xmas cards
Today I bought a really small tree for deco purposes. Aside from that I have a few obligations but nothing too out of the ordinary.

--------------------

+Quote Post

nickwatic
post Yesterday, 04:03 PM
Post #2699

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 155 698

Active Squad

QUOTE(Galar @ Dec 3 2019, 04:28 PM) *

I'd encourage you to join the GPX+ Discord if you have not done so already. tons of people in there who could immediately answer your questions. Welcome to the show
+Quote Post

135 Pages V  « < 133 134 135
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th December 2019 - 09:24 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2019 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.