Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
GTS+ Version 2 BETA, Yes, a revamped site.
Zerxer
post Mar 26 2008, 11:23 PM
Post #1

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

As many of you have probably noticed, not many new changes have happened at all on the main website. No bug fixes, no new features, nothing interesting done at all (besides new Gallery images and such). Don't feel like we've abandoned you all and are ditching all your suggestions and such, we've secretly been working on revamping the entire site!

Now, before I link you to it, I'm going to warn you that it is FAR from completion. There are many pages that have to still be designed so you probably won't be able to start fully using it over the current site. However, there is one really awesome new thing on the new site that you cannot find anywhere on the old site; our very own Pokédex! Thanks to BaS for setting that all up for us.

Along with this revamp is, of course, an entirely new layout, which is VERY sexy. The design was created by Wymsy and brought to life by BaS. With this new layout comes a large variety of themes to choose from. The themes are no longer based on Poké Balls, instead they will be based on Pokémon types (fire, ice, etc) as well as a theme created for each Admin (which you can also use). Not all of the themes have been completed yet but there is already a nice variety to choose from. Once again, thanks to Wymsy for creating all the images (banners, buttons, etc).

Without further yammering, you can access the new site... here! (bet you weren't expecting the sub-domain to be 'new' tongue.gif). To view the awesome new Pokédex I mentioned earlier, click on the GTSDex tab!

To change to the new Forum skin, choose "GTSPlus Version 2 BETA" from the skin selector at the bottom of the page. You can then click on the "Change Skins" link on the top of the Forums to quickly choose a new theme.

Please do not post here asking when a particular page will be up or saying that it's not there because we of course realize it's not there. Also, do not post any errors or suggestions here. I will create a SEPARATE thread in the "Questions and Suggestions" section for the new site where you can post any suggestions/errors/etc. This thread will just be for general discussion on this revamp (such as saying how totally awesome it is and thanking us and such tongue.gif).

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post Mar 26 2008, 11:30 PM
Post #2

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

I will also kill anybody who pesters me about the images. Unless it's something actually serious.

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
+Quote Post

Aeroy
post Mar 27 2008, 08:35 AM
Post #3

old news
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 74

Active Squad

Full of win, looks great smile.gif

EDIT 150 posts, finally, since i hit 100 in like October.

EDIT2: Ground theme is sexy

--------------------
That is a really, really bad sig; new one to come soon.
+Quote Post

Starcoffin
post Mar 27 2008, 11:00 AM
Post #4

SIRadio.fm
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 079

Active Squad

Love the new site

--------------------

My Sprites (click to show)

.:.:.: All images created by Starcoffin :.:.:.
Copyright Images borrowed, no currency in any form is being made or transfered for it's use
+Quote Post

Blax8192
post Mar 27 2008, 01:06 PM
Post #5

Never turn down a really good pie...
Group Icon

Member No.: 961

Active Squad

I love the new site smile.gif

where do you go to change skins there? I'm eager to see them

an idea for the dex: maybe cries, but thats an advanced-ish unnecessary thing that might be cool, but isn't important

another idea for the dex: previous evo moves, like only Chimchar can learn nasty plot and that info would be on Monfernos and Infernapes dex info, and only Monferno can learn, and only Monferno can learn Slack off, which would be shown on Infernapes dex, and other stuff like that

I like how you included the pokemon analyses on the dex page too woot.gif

keep up the good work happy.gif

I just saw the change skins thing isn't actually up yet...let me know when it is up teehee.gif

--------------------
These are my Topics which you should read, but probably won't (click to showhide)
=mine
A glimpse into my mind(by clicking you are signing a waiver on your sanity) (click to showhide)
(\_/)
\(n.n)/
(")_(")
this is evil bunny, copy and paste him into your sig and help him keep bunny from taking over the world!!!
I didn't want to put this in tags but the length was bugging me . . . just open it (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Mar 27 2008, 01:10 PM
Post #6

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Member No.: 1

Active Squad

QUOTE(Blax8192 @ Mar 27 2008, 02:06 PM) *
I love the new site smile.gif

where do you go to change skins there? I'm eager to see them
Skin selector only exists on the forums. Change to the new skin at the bottom, and then there's a separate style selector at the top where you can choose from them.

an idea for the dex: maybe cries, but thats an advanced-ish unnecessary thing that might be cool, but isn't important
Actually, I ripped them all from PBR last week, I just haven't gotten around to uploading them yet.

another idea for the dex: previous evo moves, like only Chimchar can learn nasty plot and that info would be on Monfernos and Infernapes dex info, and only Monferno can learn, and only Monferno can learn Slack off, which would be shown on Infernapes dex, and other stuff like that
Meh. dry.gif

I like how you included the pokemon analyses on the dex page too woot.gif
Probably just gonna link to the forum.

keep up the good work happy.gif

I just saw the change skins thing isn't actually up yet...let me know when it is up teehee.gif

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

Cerulyth
post Mar 27 2008, 01:12 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 337

Active Squad

That's sexy. smile.gif
+Quote Post

Blax8192
post Mar 27 2008, 01:27 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Active Squad

that was such an insanely fast reply noes.gif wow

I can see you've been workin' hard on that, you've gone really far, I can't wait to see it

I was talking about the new type skins on the new site that overkill was talking about, up in the top bar it has your name and in parentheses a bunch of stuff including change skins, but it's blanked out and isn't a link yet, but it's fine, I'll wait for them if they aren't up happy.gif

yet another suggestion for the dex: movesets; some generic and user submitted movesets and perhaps links to a few pokemon that do well in a team with(like tyrannitar linking to cacturne and garchomp(sandstorm team) and other pokemon that cover weaknesses well with each other and stuff)

more ideas to come as I think of them happy.gif

--------------------
These are my Topics which you should read, but probably won't (click to showhide)
=mine
A glimpse into my mind(by clicking you are signing a waiver on your sanity) (click to showhide)
(\_/)
\(n.n)/
(")_(")
this is evil bunny, copy and paste him into your sig and help him keep bunny from taking over the world!!!
I didn't want to put this in tags but the length was bugging me . . . just open it (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Mar 27 2008, 01:30 PM
Post #9

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Active Squad

I'm assuming you didn't change to the new forums skin then?

Go to the bottom of the page, to the skin selector, choose "GTSPlus Version 2 BETA", and then at the top, on the forums only, there's a skin selector, where it's grayed out on the site.

Note that not all the skins are done presently, however, but IIRC we're past the half-way point, assuming we don't decide to add any others.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Blax8192
post Mar 27 2008, 01:43 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Active Squad

ohhh I found it...*checks them out* HOLY (censored words) THESE ARE INCREDIBLE!!!!! I LOVE THEM!!! *sets up dark type skin* They are just incredible...wow...

suggestion(not for dex this time): you know how you have the porygon_'s next to the forum topics in ice skin? I think maybe they might be better with a spheal or a snorunt next to them (my opinion, no clue about any of it)

suggestion for the fighting skin(I don't know if these are already been determined or not, but if they arent): Hitmonchan(or tyrogue, but I still think of tyrogua as a baby pokemon) for the top, and hitmontop for the little pics

no more ideas *walks away*

seriously though, those are some of the best skins for a site I've ever seen, I think we all owe alot of credit to Wymsy for these

--------------------
=mine
(\_/)
\(n.n)/
(")_(")
+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Mar 27 2008, 01:47 PM
Post #11

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Blax8192 @ Mar 27 2008, 02:43 PM) *
suggestion(not for dex this time): you know how you have the porygon_'s next to the forum topics in ice skin? I think maybe they might be better with a spheal or a snorunt next to them (my opinion, no clue about any of it)

"Not all of the themes have been completed yet but there is already a nice variety to choose from."

Ice (and psychic) aren't done yet. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

SMGT
post Mar 27 2008, 02:26 PM
Post #12

Master of dimensions... Pleaser of crowds... I am...Dimentio!
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1 118

Active Squad

All these skins are so good! Definitely a big improvement over the old ones. My favorite is... Makadoof!

--------------------
~And so I arrive, like a sudden windstorm at a kindergarten picnic!~

+Quote Post

Blax8192
post Mar 27 2008, 02:26 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(BidoofsAreSassy @ Mar 27 2008, 02:47 PM) *
QUOTE(Blax8192 @ Mar 27 2008, 02:43 PM) *

"Not all of the themes have been completed yet but there is already a nice variety to choose from."

I know, I personally think I'll stick to the dark ball skin and maybe use the grass skin occasionally, it's nice and dark and doesn't burn your eyes even with computer brightness all the way down -_-

Ice (and psychic) aren't done yet. tongue.gif

Are thy not supposed to be up yet? They are anyway...

EDIT:Makadoof? *goes and looks* wow...no comment...it looks cool, it's like a prehistoric bidoof, like *makes fun of those gay SAT things we did in grade school* {Mamoswine is to Swinub as Makadoof is to Bidoof}

--------------------
=mine
(\_/)
\(n.n)/
(")_(")
+Quote Post

Liquefy
post Mar 27 2008, 02:45 PM
Post #14

I'm a model citizen?
Group Icon

Member No.: 169

Active Squad

Wow, you guys finally said something about this? That's poop. Guess I gotta get to working harder on the RP >_>

Anyway, yahs, the skins are sexy, as I've told you before.

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post Mar 27 2008, 02:47 PM
Post #15

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

The Bidoof is just a giant Bidoof, and the man riding the Bidoof is called Makalov. So, the image was dubbed "Makadoof" for short.

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
+Quote Post

Blax8192
post Mar 27 2008, 02:53 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Active Squad

oh...I liked my idea better, but that works too...

I still say it looks like a prehistoric ancientpower evo of Bibarel

I recognize the pic in your sig, is that (part of) the same pic that is on the top bar of the dark type skin?

--------------------
=mine
(\_/)
\(n.n)/
(")_(")
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Mar 27 2008, 03:11 PM
Post #17

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Blax: As I said in the initial post, do not post errors or suggestions in this thread. I don't want to have to read through this topic finding all the suggestions and stuff. Use the section I created instead. For you, since you like to make so many suggestions (often crazy ones tongue.gif), just make one thread in that section where you can post all the ones that come to your mind as to avoid you creating one for every little thing you come up with. x_x.gif

Also, a lot of the little banners in Wymsy's sig (since it's a rotating image) are pieces of the different banners for each thing. Oh yeah, please don't suggest what Pokémon should be on each banner either because I think for the most part, Wymsy already has all the banners done or has a general idea of what she's going to use on each. Can you see the banners if she already has them done? Probably not. That would be up to her.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

ChroniclerC
post Mar 27 2008, 03:13 PM
Post #18

Read, or the Owl will eat you!
Group Icon

Member No.: 731

Whitegleam Gym

The skins look awesome, Wymsy.

--------------------

:porygon: Mine, all mine. :porygon: :noctowl: Read, or the owl will eat you! :noctowl:

[align=center]
Whitegleam Gym

Nothing "Normal" about it.[/align]
+Quote Post

Vide0Gam3r
post Mar 27 2008, 03:21 PM
Post #19

The Vide0Gam3r
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 240

Active Squad

Love the skins... But I think I like Zergoose the best so far. *switches to Electric Skin* GAH! MY EYES! (sorry... just had to do that. It did hurt, though, since Zergoose is so dark...)

--------------------
My Website.

Oh, by the way...
+Quote Post

Lester Burnham
post Mar 27 2008, 05:30 PM
Post #20

Look closer.
Group Icon

Member No.: 72

Active Squad

Damn, no more secrets, eh?

I guess I'll profess my love for the Ice skin. Ain't it purty?

--------------------
[align=center]I am the earth-mother, and you are all flops.
[/align]
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:58 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.