Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
17 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
September Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
AregularFrankief...
post Sep 3 2017, 02:43 AM
Post #61

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

Geez, so many people are voting for Snorunt. Oh well, I won't complain if it wins. The shiny colors look nice, even if I'll gladly admit that I think Shiny Froslass is more than a bit lacking.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Sep 3 2017, 08:30 AM
Post #62

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

I remember hunting Snorunt a long time ago but I had evolved it into Glalie.
For the dex I'd pretty happy if I could get another so I can try get a Froslass.

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

stripes545
post Sep 3 2017, 09:46 AM
Post #63

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 245 546

Active Squad

Does anyone know how I change Vivillon's form? i have flags, but i don't know how to use them. Can someone help me, please?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post Sep 3 2017, 10:17 AM
Post #64

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 828

HEROES

QUOTE(stripes545 @ Sep 3 2017, 03:46 PM) *
Does anyone know how I change Vivillon's form? i have flags, but i don't know how to use them. Can someone help me, please?

When in doubt how to evolve a pokemon, click its options and choose view dex info smile.gif

--------------------

•TRINKET TRADING PLACE•||FC: 4055-4266-5767
POKEMON SHINY HUNTER//XY; ORAS; SUMO; USUM

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Shaoo
post Sep 3 2017, 10:37 AM
Post #65

Potterwholock
Group Icon

Member No.: 66 728

the foxies <3

Why are we already in September omg T-T

Do you believe that there are only 3 months before the end of the year?

I'd like to improve my english because I make too much mistakes. If someone is interested by learning french instead, I'd be delighted.

--------------------

Azurite Knights! Click on the banner to know more! *\o/*

QUOTE(Makeltos @ Sep 9 2015, 10:07 PM) *
Ok now I have a cheerleading Vulpix jumping in my mind.

pp @Cycloneblaze
+Quote Post

PinkOnion1
post Sep 3 2017, 11:21 AM
Post #66

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 249 658

Active Squad

First time posting in a community thread, hope everyone is doing well.

Death of the World is finally coming to a close, but it's the task I've been dreading, as I have no control over it, hah.
Also glad to see Celebi is in the explorations this month, here's hoping Dedenne doesn't take a month to feel better.
If you guys could, could you help me out with that, if you haven't already?
It would be much appreciated.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post Sep 3 2017, 03:07 PM
Post #67

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

QUOTE(Cycloneblaze @ Sep 2 2017, 09:10 PM) *
Okay, that sounds a bit like they cancelled a lightning strike or something that was going to knock out your power. Which you somehow knew would happen? lol.gif Anyway, molasses bread better be pretty good to make it worth your while to go in!

It was a scheduled power outage that didn't end up going ahead tongue.gif. If I knew a few hours earlier that it was going to be cancelled I would have stayed home on Friday instead of working.

~

Well my vacation is off to a lovely start, I think I have the flu. I woke up this morning with a itchy throat and a slight cough. At first I thought it was my allergies acting up, as I've been cleaning my room, but I feel bleh. I usually get sick this time of year but why couldn't it happen in a few weeks instead.

I got another Portal in the header so I got another Cosmog egg. I didn't realize it was there until I refreshed the page and there it was. I'm going to cross my fingers that a shiny is in it, as unlikely as it will be.

Voted for Minior, Dhelmise and Snorunt for the SWSH. All of these are shinies I was going to hunt eventually, but if they make it to the SWSH I'll get a bunch of free eggs instead of using shelter grabs.

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

Running On Ice
post Sep 3 2017, 03:42 PM
Post #68

There’s a lot of tension in this town
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 626

Active Squad

I already have all possible evolutions for Snorunt, so for me, having that option won't help. I'm hoping for at least one Pokemon I don't have so I won't feel all weird going into it.

--------------------
FRIEND CODE: 4527-8945-5766; NAME: Laura
FRIEND SAFARI: NORMAL; PM me so we can trade codes

Clubs and Shinies (click to show)

"Don't take advice from people like me. Do your own thing always"- Chrissie Hynde, from ironically a thing titled "Chrissie Hynde's Advice To Chick Rockers"
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Sep 3 2017, 04:14 PM
Post #69

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Shaoo @ Sep 3 2017, 08:37 AM) *

I'd like to improve my english because I make too much mistakes. If someone is interested by learning french instead, I'd be delighted.

I'm trying to learn French, actually! I have exactly 0 confidence in myself to try and hold long conversations, though. Also, my Alolan Raichu just returned from the Underground with a Thunderstone, that's pretty funny.

--------------------

+Quote Post

yellowsofa
post Sep 3 2017, 04:36 PM
Post #70

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 166 000

FAVOURITE

Really hoping for a fake Groudon egg! Fingers crossed!

Also, trying to find a level 100 Honchkrow for my exploration is proving to be a right P I G. facepalm.gif I'm constantly looking in the shelter, but so far, no luck. shakefist.gif Any tips for looking for a specific pokemon? Or is it purely luck?

Also, looking back on the previous scavenger hunt ... how on earth do people complete the ones that require a specific pokemon at a stupid level like over 80? blink.gif How do you even get a pokemons level that high in a day? It baffles me no end! Again, tips would be welcomed greatly!
TTFN

--------------------
Please click my pretties

Banner and avatar made by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

Extras (click to show)

+Quote Post

Rita Zyon
post Sep 3 2017, 04:43 PM
Post #71

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 453

Active Squad

I remember taking French till the end of grade 12 and then stopped after that. Part of me now wishes I had continued it in university, since I can't speak it anymore and read it as well as I used to.

For getting pokemon over 80, sometimes if I am able to click a lot that day I can do it by putting the pokemon in my walker. I have also used the mobile walker in the past. Since I drive a lot I can easily level up pokemon, this might not work for everybody though. However, last scavenger hunt I was unable to spend a lot of time on the site for those higher level tasks due to being busy. October might be better. Still need to complete all tasks for that achievement.

This post has been edited by Rita Zyon: Sep 3 2017, 04:44 PM
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Sep 3 2017, 05:05 PM
Post #72

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

QUOTE(yellowsofa @ Sep 3 2017, 10:36 PM) *
Also, trying to find a level 100 Honchkrow for my exploration is proving to be a right P I G. facepalm.gif I'm constantly looking in the shelter, but so far, no luck. shakefist.gif Any tips for looking for a specific pokemon? Or is it purely luck?

Also, looking back on the previous scavenger hunt ... how on earth do people complete the ones that require a specific pokemon at a stupid level like over 80? blink.gif How do you even get a pokemons level that high in a day? It baffles me no end! Again, tips would be welcomed greatly!
TTFN

Use the Poké Walker. For both. Get yourself a Murkrow from the Safari - hatch an egg from the Shelter if you have to - put it in your Poké Walker, and click. If you have a bicycle and a good speed of clicking you can get a Pokémon to level 100 inside an hour.

I did take French all the way up to Leaving Cert (= when I left high school) but I was never awfully good at it. Still a lot better than I was at Irish, though. Your English is a heckuva lot better than my French, Shaoo! lol.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Sep 3 2017, 05:28 PM
Post #73

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(yellowsofa @ Sep 3 2017, 02:36 PM) *
Really hoping for a fake Groudon egg! Fingers crossed!
Any tips for looking for a specific pokemon? Or is it purely luck?

Same, I had a derp moment and got rid of mine a while back, having another one would be nice. And if you're talking about hunting for a specific 'mon in the Safari Zone, that part all boils down to luck. Also, just realized I never got Shellderboy's Egg Dex entry.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ichthus
post Sep 3 2017, 07:21 PM
Post #74

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 251 132

Active Squad

QUOTE(AregularFrankiefan @ Sep 4 2017, 05:14 AM) *
QUOTE(Shaoo @ Sep 3 2017, 08:37 AM) *

I'm trying to learn French, actually! I have exactly 0 confidence in myself to try and hold long conversations, though. Also, my Alolan Raichu just returned from the Underground with a Thunderstone, that's pretty funny.

I remember learning French through an Android app before, just because I was desperate of learning it. But I have to stop it because my college course at that time was plainly demanding, way more demanding than the courses I had in the past. -_-.gif

Anyway, I already had the privilege to vote for the SWSH, and I voted Alolan Pokemons.

--------------------

Shiny Morelull Pixel Art by Zuzu
Based on Ken Sugimori's Art for Morelull

+Quote Post

Quincia
post Sep 3 2017, 07:22 PM
Post #75

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 40 486

My Favs

I got the Shaymin egg yay happy.gif
Although the chances are slim, I'm really hoping it will be a shiny.

Also voted for Meowth, Mimikyu and Pyukumuku for the shiny hunt.

--------------------
Hello, I hope you have a nice day <3

I'm also on Chicken Smoothie and Eldemore
nod.gif (although I don't really visit that much anymore) blush.gif
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Sep 3 2017, 08:13 PM
Post #76

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

My SWSH votes were Jangmo-o, Cutiefly, and Wishiwashi [Solo]. I don't really care what gets picked, but I tend to pick stuff I don't have shinies of yet.

I'm not sure if I want to leave a spot open for Fake Groudon or for Suicune. I think I'll go for the latter as I really like Suicune (and would love a shiny of it), but I wouldn't mind a shiny of Fake Groudon, either. Eh, I suppose I'll actually go for Suicune, but I guess I won't be too upset if I forget to fill my party tomorrow.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Sep 3 2017, 10:29 PM
Post #77

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

Ha, someone else voted for Wishiwashi! Nice to know I'm not the only one. happy.gif

Also, I know this is probably a bad time given the fog, but would anyone mind feeding this hungry little worm in my Party? I'd link directly, but my phone doesn't seem to want to copy the BBCode properly. EDIT: Thanks guys! Now to just shell out a few Pass Orbs for Influence Power.

This post has been edited by AregularFrankiefan: Sep 3 2017, 11:47 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Shaoo
post Sep 4 2017, 08:56 AM
Post #78

Potterwholock
Group Icon

Member No.: 66 728

the foxies <3

QUOTE(AregularFrankiefan @ Sep 3 2017, 11:14 PM) *
I'm trying to learn French, actually! I have exactly 0 confidence in myself to try and hold long conversations, though.

QUOTE(Rita Zyon @ Sep 3 2017, 11:43 PM) *
I remember taking French till the end of grade 12 and then stopped after that. Part of me now wishes I had continued it in university, since I can't speak it anymore and read it as well as I used to.

Well, I'd be happy to help you both if you want! I know that I make horrible mistakes in English so if I can improve a bit that would be good. Especially the grammar, I'm not good at all xD

QUOTE(Cycloneblaze @ Sep 4 2017, 12:05 AM) *
I did take French all the way up to Leaving Cert (= when I left high school) but I was never awfully good at it. Still a lot better than I was at Irish, though. Your English is a heckuva lot better than my French, Shaoo! lol.gif

Well thank you Cyc! Idk what heckuva means but I think it's a compliment?! Haha
Well same here if you want to take French lessons in exchange of English lessons that'd be great. The deal is to correct me like you did one time because I always used "have" instead of "get" which is not the best solution.

Geez I totally forgot to leave a free spot on my party, I missed shaymin! I hope I'll not forget one for tonight.

--------------------

Azurite Knights! Click on the banner to know more! *\o/*

QUOTE(Makeltos @ Sep 9 2015, 10:07 PM) *
Ok now I have a cheerleading Vulpix jumping in my mind.

pp @Cycloneblaze
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Sep 4 2017, 09:48 AM
Post #79

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(Shaoo @ Sep 3 2017, 05:37 PM) *

Same here >__<
I need to get my level on at least college/uni level I think.
I am incapable of conversing at a level appropriate for my age.

--------------------------

Unfortunately I didn't get Shaymin.
Guess I'll be keeping my party filled until the 6th :P

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

ET Junior
post Sep 4 2017, 12:10 PM
Post #80

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 124 913

Active Squad

QUOTE(Cycloneblaze @ Sep 4 2017, 12:05 AM) *
QUOTE(yellowsofa @ Sep 3 2017, 10:36 PM) *

TTFN

Use the Poké Walker. For both. Get yourself a Murkrow from the Safari - hatch an egg from the Shelter if you have to - put it in your Poké Walker, and click. If you have a bicycle and a good speed of clicking you can get a Pokémon to level 100 inside an hour.

Exactly that. Actually finding the Pokémon can be more work than leveling it sometimes. Especially if you have to hatch it. For Scavenger Tasks I struggle way more with getting the egg hatched because it can only be in the party or the Mobile Walker. But as soon as it's hatched I can just put it in the PokéWalker and click for a bit. I think it's probably the most efficient way of leveling a Pokémon on the site if you have a good enough clicking speed. The dress-up items the Pokémon find can even be a good source of points. The only downside is that you have to be able to take a bit of time for clicking.
If you can't do that, the Mobile Walker can be good as well if you move larger distances. I personally forget to prime it on time a lot, though.
And putting the Pokemon into a Versus Seeker battle (especially in the Training division) can never hurt if the time is close enough to XX:18. Usually you end up gaining about a level's worth of XP, but you can get lucky frequently enough and gain about 7 to 10 levels.
I personally use a combination of VS Seeker, PokéWalker and Mobile Walker, but most of the leveling I actually do with the PokéWalker. And even if you don't click that fast, putting your Pokémon there while you click will almost definitely give it more XP than letting it sit in the party during that time.

For the SWSH I voted Squirtle, Weedle and male Nidoran, because I'd like to hunt some more Kanto Pokémon. But I'll gladly hunt anything that's decided, so I don't really care that much.
I just hope I'll be able to finish my November 2015 site wide Cubone hunt sometime soon. That's almost the last of the SWSHs that were clogging up my Shine recorder. Then I can concentrate on hunting Bidofo and then probably the Kanto starter's clones, alongside those Kanto starters I need to have each of the lines as a shiny version.

Also I feel like I'm really back to the site right now after becoming active again around July. I was absent for more than a year and a half before that due to real life being bad. But I'm largely caught up on my Pokédex again (still missing some things, and I really need to work on getting the Mega forms) and on the explorations that I hadn't done yet. Now I'm only missing Twelve Days of Christmas (never got around to complete it, somehow) and Death of the World to have each exploration completed at least once. And being able to embark on the latter is only a matter of time since I'm only one Flame Shard away from getting my first plate after managing to hatch a shiny Ho-oh (!!!) not even an hour ago.
Long story short, I've managed to get my total rank back under 1000 for the first time in ages (it's 875 right now), so I feel like I'm really back to this site.

Also I'm almost proud of myself for remembering to fill my party the last few days, because I want to wait and try for Entei or (if I don't get that) Suicune. In the last events I always forgot, and got something else than what I planned for XD. But I actually remembered this time.

--------------------
+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:24 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.