Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
17 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
September Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
stripes545
post Sep 4 2017, 03:40 PM
Post #81

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 245 546

Active Squad

is there any other way to hatch a Shiny other than luck? i'm trying for a Shiny Eevee, but i'm having MAJOR problems. every egg i hatch is just a normal Eevee, so i'm getting frustrated. Help, please?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Sep 4 2017, 03:47 PM
Post #82

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

@Shaoo: My phone messes up whenever I try to quote you for some reason, but that's awfully kind of you. I'll keep that in mind. happy.gif

@ET Junior: Shiny Ho-Oh, really? Lucky you. Too bad that Blue Moons group isn't active anymore, ehh?

Anyways, for the past few days I haven't been able to get anything done because of the heat wave. Which is bad, because I have a calculus assignment due. Should be pretty easy; it's just review of something I did last semester, but still. It's too hot to concentrate on anything, even personal projects. At least I finished the Kami Trio + Yveltal explos despite having to rely on cellphone data for the majority of the day [got the slowest time thus far for Yveltal and finished the Kami one in 7hrs, 7 min exactly]. Would be cool if my first Landorus on the site hatched Shiny, but I'm not going to treat that as if it's going to be certain fact.

Also, @stripes545: Sorry, but no. You're just having really bad luck, I'm afraid. Keep on trucking!

This post has been edited by AregularFrankiefan: Sep 4 2017, 03:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Sep 4 2017, 04:22 PM
Post #83

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

QUOTE(stripes545 @ Sep 4 2017, 09:40 PM) *
is there any other way to hatch a Shiny other than luck? i'm trying for a Shiny Eevee, but i'm having MAJOR problems. every egg i hatch is just a normal Eevee, so i'm getting frustrated. Help, please?

You've hatched 62 eggs. You should be expecting to hatch on average 300 eggs to find a shiny one, and it could take over a thousand. Just keep at it, and you'll get your prize happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Venusaur King
post Sep 4 2017, 06:07 PM
Post #84

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 144 724

The Saur Kingdom

I've had some difficulty lately getting many Pokemon I'm shiny hunting because often only one or two people are breeding them (including me). Do you think adding a slot for a second Daycare pair would help that? Is that even something functionally possible on the site?

--------------------

Join the Battle Dojo and compete to become the Champion!

Banner by Shaoo
Battle Dojo Affiliates (click to show)

Other Battle Dojo Banners (click to show)
+Quote Post

Snowsky
post Sep 4 2017, 09:41 PM
Post #85

Malachite pride~
Group Icon

Member No.: 88 905

Team Nando!

QUOTE(Venusaur King @ Sep 4 2017, 07:07 PM) *
I've had some difficulty lately getting many Pokemon I'm shiny hunting because often only one or two people are breeding them (including me). Do you think adding a slot for a second Daycare pair would help that? Is that even something functionally possible on the site?

Sam proposed the idea of Mission Cards, as an incentive to breed Pokemon that aren't being bred by many people. I hope they get added, personally.

I would appreciate a second Daycare pair slot so I could hunt for Easter Buneary and Pink Caterpie at the same time.

This post has been edited by Snowsky: Sep 4 2017, 09:42 PM

--------------------

i dream in verdant and emerald

+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Sep 5 2017, 02:30 AM
Post #86

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

I third the "having another Daycare pair slot" thing. Being able to progress on more than 1 hunt at once would be nice.. Sweet Honey apparently doesn't show Novelties in the Shelter, so that's a little irritating. And only 2 people are breeding one of the things I'm currently hunting for.

--------------------

+Quote Post

miu
post Sep 5 2017, 02:31 AM
Post #87

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 182 742

Active Squad

Is anyone here actively trying for the weekly Poke Hunt? I have next to no shards because I've been on hiatus for such a long time, so now I'm trying to get Rank 1 every week. This week I have my eyes on two possible Pokemon to enter, hopefully I get high IVs before Thursday and get my first shard for the Steel-type.

In the meanwhile, going for another Unown for my collection, anyone mind feeding this little guy a Rawst Berry, please?

--------------------
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Sep 5 2017, 02:39 AM
Post #88

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(miu @ Sep 5 2017, 12:31 AM) *
Is anyone here actively trying for the weekly Poke Hunt? I have next to no shards because I've been on hiatus for such a long time, so now I'm trying to get Rank 1 every week. This week I have my eyes on two possible Pokemon to enter, hopefully I get high IVs before Thursday and get my first shard for the Steel-type.

In the meanwhile, going for another Unown for my collection, anyone mind feeding this little guy a Rawst Berry, please?

I'm doing the best I can Poke-Hunt wise, though sometimes I can't find anything with good IV's and end up having to submit random fodder as a last-ditch effort. Lately all I've been placing in is Rank 2, and while I'm certainly not complaining, getting that Achievement for placing in the top rank 5 times would be nice.

Thinking of going with Aggron for this week's hunt, though I might not end up placing all that high because of Aron's common Rarity..Hmm, decisions. But yeah, more shards would be a great bonus, especially since I've only got 2 completed Plates [Toxic (auto-given to me for a SWSH prize one time, I believe?) and Dread] so far, and just need 1 more Shard to complete both the Spooky and Earth Plates. All the rest have a long way to go, and it'll be even longer before I can get to doing DOTW.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Sep 5 2017, 07:28 AM
Post #89

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(AregularFrankiefan @ Sep 5 2017, 08:30 AM) *
I third the "having another Daycare pair slot" thing. Being able to progress on more than 1 hunt at once would be nice.. Sweet Honey apparently doesn't show Novelties in the Shelter, so that's a little irritating. And only 2 people are breeding one of the things I'm currently hunting for.

Sweet honey have never showed novelties/legends in the shelter I'm afraid. I don't think that'll be changed either.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Sep 5 2017, 10:29 AM
Post #90

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(stripes545 @ Sep 4 2017, 10:40 PM) *

Just keep hatching ^^;
I currently have a hunt going with 517 eggs. That shiny will come eventually.
Probably sooner than I'll get mine.
I have some pretty bad shiny luck.

------------------------------------------

Yesterday I decided to watch the Kancolle Movie.
I hadn't seen it yet and it seemed to be trending on my feed.
Gotta say it's pretty good. Didn't expect it to be so it was a really pleasant surprise.
It throws away a lot of popular tropes which I think is cool.

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Sep 5 2017, 10:52 AM
Post #91

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(x Sam @ Sep 5 2017, 05:28 AM) *
QUOTE(AregularFrankiefan @ Sep 5 2017, 08:30 AM) *

Sweet honey have never showed novelties/legends in the shelter I'm afraid. I don't think that'll be changed either.

Aww, that's a real shame. Then again, I guess it would be a bit overpowered if it did, so I can see why that was never implemented.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Sep 5 2017, 12:41 PM
Post #92

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

Good morning All!

I saw that we were all talking about the upcoming SWSH so I opted to try and share my votes as well. As it turns out, I opted to chose one from each of the first 3 posting their picks so, in a way, their kinda random. blush.gif

Well. As it turns out? Photobucket will no longer allow you to "3rd party share" photos. Well, not unless you want to pay them $399. WTH?? So I go to another online photo site... but no go there, either. So poo! on that idea. My 3 choices were:

Snorunt.........Grubbin.........Squirtle

In related shiny hunt news... I definitely feel your pain, stripes545. I still have a May 2016 SWSH open for Golett. I've currently hatched 701 eggs. my second largest hunt, still open, would be for Murkrow at 660 eggs. But my longest shiny hunt ever? 1,537 eggs for Deino. *pulls hair out*

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

miu
post Sep 5 2017, 12:59 PM
Post #93

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 182 742

Active Squad

Hang in there, everyone, that shiny is gonna show itself sooner or later happy.gif

My longest hunt is Bulbasaur, currently at 809 eggs and counting! I'm kinda hoping to reach 1k eggs with this one and get the achievements for both 500 and 1k eggs. So every time I hatch another Bulba egg, I'm almost crossing my fingers not to get a shiny grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Letan
post Sep 5 2017, 02:51 PM
Post #94

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Mamanator @ Sep 5 2017, 01:41 PM) *
Good morning All!

I saw that we were all talking about the upcoming SWSH so I opted to try and share my votes as well. As it turns out, I opted to chose one from each of the first 3 posting their picks so, in a way, their kinda random. blush.gif

Well. As it turns out? Photobucket will no longer allow you to "3rd party share" photos. Well, not unless you want to pay them $399. WTH?? So I go to another online photo site... but no go there, either. So poo! on that idea. My 3 choices were:

Snorunt.........Grubbin.........Squirtle

In related shiny hunt news... I definitely feel your pain, stripes545. I still have a May 2016 SWSH open for Golett. I've currently hatched 701 eggs. my second largest hunt, still open, would be for Murkrow at 660 eggs. But my longest shiny hunt ever? 1,537 eggs for Deino. *pulls hair out*

Go with Imgur, most of us on staff have been using it to host our images for a couple years now. Just bear in mind that it has community integration with Reddit, so just make sure in Settings that your Default Album Privacy is set to "hidden" so you don't get random views and comments but can still share image albums if you'd like. Definitely don't give Photobucket anything for their ransomware. facepalm.gif

Anyways, I voted for Dewpider, Mimikyu, and Wishiwashi but I feel kinda bad since they're all sprites I did. I just want shinies of them real bad and they're some of my favourites from 7th gen.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post Sep 5 2017, 03:54 PM
Post #95

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

Well the past couple days has been pretty good, I've been having a great time on my vacation. I didn't really go anywhere but I've been catching up on sleep. I've spent a lot of time with my mom as well, we've been watching movies, it is really fun.

I decided to start the Xerneas exploration and for the past 3 hours I've been stuck on one task. I finally managed to get the Pokemon I needed just a few minutes ago. This Xerneas is very hungry and wants a snack:

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

Shadow Fennekin
post Sep 5 2017, 04:09 PM
Post #96

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 137

Platinum team

Oh wow, I haven't had much time to progress on the explorations yet due to being busy and things....
My party was empty for the entire month so far and no event eggs appeared. lol That's the first time that ever happened, I'm not complaining though.

--------------------
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Sep 5 2017, 04:23 PM
Post #97

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

$399 dollars seems more than a bit much..Definitely not worth it to me. But yeah, Imgur is good, and it's especially nice because you don't have to create [i.e. pay for as so many of these image-sharing sites want you to do] an account to upload things.

Speaking of long hunts, my longest official one so far has been my Misdreavus hunt, which took 1,172 Eggs and netted me a fair amount of Achievements in the process. Longest unrecorded/unofficial would be Kyogre, at least in terms of days. I really need to stock up on Blue Orbs, I've got a measly 7 Eggs hatched currently and it's been a little over 2 years. Don't have anything else I want to use my Prize Points on currently, anyways.

EDIT: Also, I'm at 12/13 on Bringer of Legends and I have no idea what I haven't summoned yet. ;n;

This post has been edited by AregularFrankiefan: Sep 5 2017, 04:38 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Sep 5 2017, 08:03 PM
Post #98

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 857

Stupid decision on Photobucket's part, imo. There's so many sites that do what it did, but better, so they're just hurting themselves.

Put together the computer finally, but it won't power on and I can't figure out why, and also I injured myself pretty badly while fighting with the CPU fan. At this point I'm ready to hire a tech expert and make it their problem. First and last time I ever try to put a computer together myself.

--------------------

+Quote Post

eludicatorflame
post Sep 5 2017, 08:09 PM
Post #99

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 240 576

Active Squad

I've been really busy with work, but thankfully on september i have a little time to myself and i can come here to do cool stuff again yay!

that aside, the new explorations look neat - if i have time i'll try it, but finishing this long shiny hunt comes first for me lol (or at least trying to)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Sep 5 2017, 08:25 PM
Post #100

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(AregularFrankiefan @ Sep 5 2017, 11:23 PM) *
EDIT: Also, I'm at 12/13 on Bringer of Legends and I have no idea what I haven't summoned yet. ;n;

Maybe Giratina's corrupted version or one of the Latis (since Latis are random after all)
Other than that I wouldn't know, I'm sorry >__< Maybe an idea to check the dex, or your PC?

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:10 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.