Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Generalizing sky gifts for higher rarity trinkets
Rating 5 V
Tyranisaur
post Jul 4 2020, 06:08 AM
Post #1

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

Currently you can only make sky gifts out of trinkets of rarities 1-4. This seems rather arbitrary, and excludes the higher rarities for no good reason.

The way I would solve this is with an intermediate step when making sky gifts. Rarity 1 trinkets are worth 1, rarity 2 is worth 2 and so on. But you have to create a whole sky gift at a time. What if you first hard to convert your trinkets into "sky gift material" and then later you spent your sky gift materials when sending sky gifts.

This would mean that you could both generalize making sky gifts to higher rarities, and you would be able to send sky gifts without needing to have 24+ of a rarity 1 trinket, 12+ of a rarity 2 trinket and so on to be able to send sky gifts.

Furthermore I think this would easily combine into some quality of life updates to make sending sky gifts easier. For one, you could select any quantity for each trinket and convert that many trinkets into sky gift materials at once. Maybe you could even convert all trinkets you are currently viewing at the same time.

Once you have a huge stack of sky gift materials you could send multiple sky gifts in one fell swoop.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Sunsette
post Jul 1 2021, 03:30 AM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 144 622

Active Squad

I was just about to make a similar suggestion and it seems redundant to do so when this is still on the first page, so I hope replying to this so much later is kosher. Since it was stated in this thread that the number of trinkets on the site was contributing to lag, and converting trinkets into sky gifts effectively reduces them in number, making more trinkets eligible to be sky gift materials seems like the perfect solution to that.

Maybe only trinkets of rarity 9 or 10 could be locked out of being turned into sky gifts, since their rarity means that people are likely to only have a small number of any trinket in those tiers. I know I have double-digit numbers of some trinkets up to rarity 7 or 8 that are just sitting around, and if they're clogging up the site I'd like to use them for something nice for other users.
+Quote Post

Breech Loader
post Oct 6 2021, 05:12 AM
Post #3

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 228 368

Active Squad

This is something almost everybody agrees with. Over time, even rare trinkets pile up.

If nothing else, Trinkets of 5 and more could require at least six of them, like rank 4. Face it, nobody wants to trade for a trinket they already have, unless they can make a Sky Gift right there.
+Quote Post

Toko Fukawa
post Dec 11 2021, 01:52 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 132 019

round boy brigade

God yes. Seriously, what is the reason for not allowing higher rarity trinkets to be made into Sky Gifts? I just recently traded some of my doubles of rarity 7s and 6s down to 5s (7->6->5) so that I could trade them for rarity 4s to make into Sky Gifts. It's such a hassle, and I'm only doing it because I have so many trinkets and want to reduce the lag.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:30 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.