Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Nate Redwood
Metal Nate
post Feb 17 2010, 05:48 PM
Post #1

Bringing the PANE
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 27 763

Nate Redwood - Team

Name: Nathan (Nate) Redwood
Hometown: Barley

Appearance:
He is around 5 foot 10 inches tall and weighs 140 pounds. Nate has a dark brown hair colour with blue eyes. He is slightly tanned and his hair is fairly long, reaching to his shoulders. Normally he is wearing his black jacket which has red and gray decals along with his blue pants with red trim. He wears black and red running shoes. He also has a black belt, where he places most of his Pokemon. His item bag is a reddish color and is in the same shape as the male's bag in HGSS.
Nathan Redwood (click to show)

Personality:
Nate is a humorous guy. He tends to joke around about things when they are normally serious. Some could say he is a little naive at times because of this. He really enjoys battling since it gives him a rush he has never felt before. He also has a severe interest on origins of Pokemon, and the legends behind them. He really likes Pizza and Pasta, as they are his favorite foods. He dislikes braggarts along with hot-headed people. Nate talks like an idiot around women, especially the ones that he likes.

Biography:
Born into a fishing family in Barley, Nate grew up helping his father Ceodore fish along with his brother Scipio. His life was a fairly happy, as he had a lot of friends and played quite a bit when he wasn't helping his father. He was considered the jokester of the group.

Nate started going to school at the age of four. He started to learn how to battle his first year by using his father's Pokemon, Pikachu. They normally trained on little dummies. He wasn't the best in his class, but he was a decent battler. He really shined when it came to the other courses at the school such as Math, History, and Science. He was the best in his class in those three courses.

Nate's brother, Scipio, began his quest as a trainer when Nate was four and a half. Before leaving he gave his brother a present, "This is a PokeDex, the professor gave me two and told me to give you one. Try not to break it." Nate nodded. He then proceeded to notice the Torchic and Riolu that he had never seen before. He asked his brother, "Scipio, who are they?" His brother replied, "They are going to help me win the Pokemon Challenge. I'm going to beat the champion." Nate was amazed, he had never seen his brother keep a goal before. That was when Nate was for sure that he wanted to be a trainer.

He received his first Pokemon at the age of five while he was on a trip with his father near Mount Carello. It was the snowy season, and many of the Pokemon were keeping warm in hidden areas. However Nate and his father heard a faint shiver. As they followed it they found a Mareep. Nate's dad gave him a Pokeball and Nate caught the poor thing. Nate nicknamed the Mareep Yamii and they soon became really close friends.

Nate's second Pokemon was encountered on a fishing trip with his father a few weeks later. As they were fishing, Nate caught a huge catch on his line. He reeled it in and it was a Totodile. Being only seven, his father weakened the Pokemon for him and let Nate throw the Pokeball at the Totodile. Catching it successfully, he nicknamed it Lockjaw and continued fishing.

At the age of eight, his class went to a Pokemon Museum in Barley. Kids were running everywhere, but Nate stayed in the Pokemon Origins section of the Museum. He was intrigued by all the mysterious legends and drawings of the beginnings of Pokemon. He often researches it to this day.

When Nate was nine, his older brother was already a very successful trainer. He came home one day and they held a party for it. He got many presents and such, and then he went up to Metal and gave him an egg. "This egg was found when I put my Lucario and Blaziken in the Daycare. I want you to keep it." Nate was super excited about this. He, Yamii, and Lockjaw would continually watch over the egg and soon enough, it started to hatch. He nicknamed his newly hatched Pokemon Metal.

At the age of thirteen, he got into his first battle. It was him and Lockjaw versus the school bully and his Treecko. The bully yelled out, "Heh, I have the type advantage Fisher Boy, prepare to get owned!" Thus the battle begins. Lockjaw used Dragon Dance followed by a Scratch, but Treecko used Absorb and damaged Lockjaw quite a bit, along with healing Treecko. By then the bully was laughing and so was his Treecko. Then Nate told Lockjaw to attack with Aqua Jet, even though Treecko was resistant. Lockjaw's Torrent ability activated and damaged Treecko a lot. The battle was fairly close from there on out, and Lockjaw ended up becoming victorious.

Nate normally kept his Pokemon at home. He had to help his parents get by. His parents were often fighting with each other nowadays and he often was the subject. His dad wanted him to go out and live his dream, while his mother said he should stay home and help out. His father won. "Nate, I want you to go out and find out how good you actually are at battling. I can see it in your eyes, you're a trainer." Thus begins Nate Redwood's journey.
----

Starting Pokemon:

Nickname: Yamii
Level 5
Moveset
Tackle
Growl
Thundershock
-----

Nickname: Lockjaw
Level 5
Moveset
Scratch
Leer
Aqua Jet
Dragon Dance

Nickname: Metal
Level 1
Moveset
Quick Attack
Endure
----
----

Items:
Oran Berry x3
Potion x5
Pokeball x5

What is the biscuit's name? The Biscuit's name is Waldorf.
Other Notes: None

This post has been edited by Metal Nate: Mar 1 2010, 08:14 AM

--------------------

Tyranigron shall guide you to my constantly updated GPXPlus Party

Nate Redwood - PANE (click to show)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Feb 17 2010, 11:24 PM
Post #2

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

Couple things:

1. Shiny pokemon are reserved for contest winners. You can't start with a shiny.

2. Sky Uppercut and Blaze Kick are a bit overpoered at this point in the RP. He can learn them at a later date.

3. Bio is a good length, though I'd like to here more about Nate. Personality could use some bulking (how about dislikes?)

Fix those and this should be approved. wink.gif

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
+Quote Post

Metal Nate
post Feb 18 2010, 08:16 AM
Post #3

Bringing the PANE
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 27 763

Nate Redwood - Team

Alright, edited what you wanted me to. Also added a little bit more history like you asked.

--------------------

Tyranigron shall guide you to my constantly updated GPXPlus Party

Nate Redwood - PANE (click to show)

+Quote Post

Toogee
post Feb 18 2010, 08:09 PM
Post #4

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

Approved. Post in the Current Level Thread Have fun!

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:53 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.