Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
A guide to the Battle Subway [Added in the formula to work out stats], Please make sure you read everything you want to know thoroughly!
Yamper
post Mar 21 2013, 03:08 PM
Post #21

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

I... don't see anything wrong with that at all,perhaps a couple of tweaks

For Houndoom, if you do decide to go for a better natured one, go for whatever nature increase Special Attack and reduces the Attack (I think it was Modest, like you said..) I think the Gem works just fine. An alternative to use a Psychic or Grass gem if you ever wanted to switch (Fighting, Water, Ground and Rock)

With the Mienshao/Sawk combination, it entirely depends if you want a purely Physical Attacker or not.. Choice Scarfing Sawk gives roughly 370 Speed (with a non boosting nature, the Choice Scarf Sawk I use has 376 Speed) so I believe Mienshao is faster (I haven't used one in a while) On the other side of things, I do believe that Sawk has a much higher Attack than Mienshao? But with Mienshao, like you've stated, Ryn, it has the advantage of using Special Type moves too. It would be handy to have in-case of situations involving Pokémon using Iron Defence (such as Bastiodon or Steelix).

Because of how your team is, I'd personally keep Mienshao in. It adds that element of extra help in-case you run into a Physical Defender and have no other choices.

It really depends if you'd feel comfortable switching to a sole Physical Attacker or have the dual-ability of both Physical and Special moves.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Mar 21 2013, 03:37 PM
Post #22

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

Using gems to counter what the pokemon is weak against might actually not be as smart as you think, sure it's fun to have a dugtrio take out a gyarados with spark, but you have to consider the risk of being hit first, and with quick claws, that can happen even if you do outspeed the pokemon or survive the first hit. And regarding the bug gem. What you get out of it is a super effective move against dark, and potential other effects with dual types, but I don't think it's worth it to use up the item slot on that, especially if the houndoom can do some decent work with moves that are x1 effective anyway. My darmanitan is actually the pokemon I switch in to counter fire types, and fire on fire is only x0.5 effective, so it comes down to the pokemon.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Mar 26 2013, 08:17 AM
Post #23

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ Mar 21 2013, 08:37 PM) *
Using gems to counter what the pokemon is weak against might actually not be as smart as you think, sure it's fun to have a dugtrio take out a gyarados with spark, but you have to consider the risk of being hit first, and with quick claws, that can happen even if you do outspeed the pokemon or survive the first hit. And regarding the bug gem. What you get out of it is a super effective move against dark, and potential other effects with dual types, but I don't think it's worth it to use up the item slot on that, especially if the houndoom can do some decent work with moves that are x1 effective anyway. My darmanitan is actually the pokemon I switch in to counter fire types, and fire on fire is only x0.5 effective, so it comes down to the pokemon.

Houndoom isn't a pure fire type unlike Darmanitan. Plus different stats, regarding the fact Darmanitan is a Physical Attacker opposed to Houndoom being a Special Attacker.

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

PkmHunter
post Mar 27 2013, 02:07 PM
Post #24

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 35 639

The Soul Reaper

QUOTE(Wraenna @ Mar 21 2013, 06:03 PM) *
Yeah, that's right. I'M USING THIS THREAD. Mostly because I have some sort of mental block re: separating handheld metagame from GPX+ metagame.

This team got me to a 43-win streak and I'm decently confident it could have gone farther if a CERTAIN DOUBLE-CRIT PORYGON-Z hadn't knocked out a good portion of my team. Mostly I'm looking to see if there are better Pokemon (of same/similar types) I could use in place of what I have, species-wise. I can always hunt down better-IV'd Pokemon if the chosen Pokemon is good enough.

Your team would have hard time facing Dragon, Normal or Scarfed Pokemon so adding Steal element would make it easier to counter these threats. Mawile or Klinklang are good candidates to replace Armaldo as their weaknesses (Fire & Fighting) are covered by Latios though it increases your exposure to Ground moves.
Mawile/Klinklang @ Leftovers
Adamant (+ATK/-SpATK)
- Metal Claw
- Iron Head
- Agility
- Sword Dance
(Credited to IonSpirit who has pulled off this set effectively together with this team).

As mentioned, you need to watch out for Ground types since your team doesn't have anything to switch in safely. Since most Ground types are physical attackers, even Milotic would be 2HKO or even OHKO with critical hits. You hence can try out Electric/Flying (Emolga, Rotom) or Water/Flying (Gyarados, Swanna, Pelipper) or Ground/Flying (Gliscor, Landorus). Just use decent IV Pokemon to see if it fits into your team.

There are better pure water types than Milotic namely Azumarill or Vaporeon. However pure water type is mainly defensive which has not been widely used in GPX. Also, Manetric has higher SPE and Sp.ATK than Raikou hence should be considered "better" but I personally think Jolteon is better thanks to its high SPE and decent Sp.ATK.

On the Mienshaos/Sawk topic, the former has better SPE and Sp.ATK at the expense of lower ATK, HP, DEF, SPD. If you give them Scarf, Sawk would perform better due to higher ATK.

Houndoom should be Timid as you can/will easily boost its Sp.ATK with Nasty Plot, thus no need to have Sp.ATK beneficial nature.

--------------------

Please fix the NPC Bug reported since March 2011

Individually encountered the bug over 100 times...When will this really end? sad.gif
Bug Photo Collection lol

Think Shiny... think shiny... shiny... s..h..i..n...y.....Shaymin.........*fainted*

+Quote Post

Synchronise
post Mar 27 2013, 03:14 PM
Post #25

[PAPER INTENSIFIES]
Group Icon

Member No.: 76 425

Fithos Team Delta

In particular I like the suggestion of Emolga/Rotom; I think it'd slot in nicely in place of Raikou. I'll have to give it a try. (Funnily enough I have a Landorus sitting in my Tower, but its IVs aren't up to snuff, so I haven't tried it out yet.)

Regarding Steel, MAYBE. I really like Armaldo as a lead (and I've toyed with trying Cradily there based on Kels's success) but I also like that Klinklang lead a lot. Alternatively I might try out Empoleon in place of Milotic, though they're not that similar (Empoleon and Klinklang, that is.) But I think I'll try out that Klinklang lead all the same.

Regarding Houndoom, I considered Timid, but I've not yet come up against anything faster that does any significant damage, and I've been frustrated with the weird half-percents that keep rounding up (that oftentimes keep a Pokemon from dying). Modest seems a better bet to avoid those kinds of incidents.

Thanks to all of you for your help.

--------------------
+Quote Post

PkmHunter
post Mar 29 2013, 02:18 PM
Post #26

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

The Soul Reaper

QUOTE(Wraenna @ Mar 27 2013, 09:14 PM) *
In particular I like the suggestion of Emolga/Rotom; I think it'd slot in nicely in place of Raikou. I'll have to give it a try. (Funnily enough I have a Landorus sitting in my Tower, but its IVs aren't up to snuff, so I haven't tried it out yet.)

Regarding Steel, MAYBE. I really like Armaldo as a lead (and I've toyed with trying Cradily there based on Kels's success) but I also like that Klinklang lead a lot. Alternatively I might try out Empoleon in place of Milotic, though they're not that similar (Empoleon and Klinklang, that is.) But I think I'll try out that Klinklang lead all the same.

Regarding Houndoom, I considered Timid, but I've not yet come up against anything faster that does any significant damage, and I've been frustrated with the weird half-percents that keep rounding up (that oftentimes keep a Pokemon from dying). Modest seems a better bet to avoid those kinds of incidents.

Thanks to all of you for your help.

Ah, the Steel type should not be used as lead, just a replacement for Armaldo but if you like Armaldo that much then I guess we'll try other options happy.gif

--------------------

Individually encountered the bug over 100 times...When will this really end? sad.gif
Bug Photo Collection lol

Think Shiny... think shiny... shiny... s..h..i..n...y.....Shaymin.........*fainted*

+Quote Post

Chiiyo
post Apr 29 2013, 05:42 PM
Post #27

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 153 978

Precious <3

Hello guys,
after doing about 2600 battles in the Subway and messing around with different strategies, I'm gonna throw in a few questions now. =)
I appreciate any kind of feedback, so if there's anyone who has some spare time ... I'd be thankful for sure.
My main problem is, I think, that I have never in my life done any pokémon battles except here on GPXplus. I managed to teach myself the basics with the help of a friendly user, help page and the forums ... but please bear with me if there's something I completely missed. xD

1. First of all, here's the current team I'm using.
It got me a streak of 113 a long time ago - I know it's not bad, but at the moment I can't win more than 20-30 in a row until a team shows up which I can't defeat ... I still have the feeling I don't use their full possible power or even need to make basic changes?

(I'm aware their natures aren't perfect but I think they don't really make things totally worse.)

- Donphan, Choice Band: http://gpxplus.net/info/IadzK
- Glaceon, Leftovers: http://gpxplus.net/info/YLWbK
- Liepard, Leftovers: http://gpxplus.net/info/BTeLg
- Machamp, Choice Band: http://gpxplus.net/info/wckrK
- Leafeon, Choice Scarf: http://gpxplus.net/info/eCtnK
- Gigalith, Leftovers: http://gpxplus.net/info/puSvK

Do you see anything wrong with this team concerning types, stats, items and general balance? Feel free to tell me. cat.gif

2. My main question probably touches attacks and how to use them - or, more precisely, the correct usage of damaging attacks on the one side and stat-raising attacks (like Swords Dance) / other attacks (like Haze or Recover) on the other side.
[Basic things like how to use special, physical, strong and weak moves are known, so that's not the problem.]

At the moment I only use damaging attacks.
I got pretty far with it but well, not as far as I would like to get. xD Also, so far I mostly lost because of one single opponent pokémon I just couldn't defeat.
People often say that using stat-raising and other non-damaging attacks is very important.
So, how far can you actually get with only using damaging attacks? Are other attacks really that helpful/necessary?

Thing is, I tried to change my way of battling during the last few days (using more stat-rising and other non-damage attacks), but it made things ... worse.
Probably because I don't really know how to use all these other attacks, when to use them and how to combine them with normal damage-attacks.

These are the attacks I'm currently using:

- Donphan: Sand Tomb, Earthquake, Swords Dance, Recover
- Glaceon: Powder Snow, Ice Beam, Swords Dance, Agility
- Liepard: Snarl, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot, Recover
- Machamp: Rock Smash, Close Combat, Swords Dance, Recover
- Leafeon: Vine Whip, Power Whip, Swords Dance, Agility
- Gigalith: Rock Throw, Stone Edge, Swords Dance, Recover

I tried using defense-raising attacks as well but without real success.
It seems to me that everytime I try to use stat-raising attacks, my pokémon faints before being able to unfold its power.
Sometimes it works greatly and my Donphan gets strong enough to defeat every single pokémon of my opponent for example. But mostly using these attacks seems to be a risk to me, which ends with my pokémon getting defeated more easily. (As I said, that's probably because I'm too stupid to use them correctly.)

Even if I'm fully aware of the type effectiveness table, I can't seem to predict at all which damage my opponent's monster can do to mine and which moment is good and safe to use stat-raising attacks to have an advantage later.

I know that every user has their own way of battling and that I have to find my way - but I still would like to know if I'm making basic mistakes or if I missed something.
I'd really love to get my streak up to 75 once again to win a Battle Expansion, lol.
As I said I'm thankful about every advice or help ... but of course I won't blame anyone who doesn't want to read this huge messy post. xDD

This post has been edited by Chiiyo: May 3 2013, 12:28 PM

--------------------

The bird filled the sky
and soared through my thoughts.

♣ Treasure ♣ (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yamper
post May 3 2013, 03:58 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

Chiiyo's Post (click to show)

I think the only downside to the team is that:

- A lot of weaknesses to Fire
- A lot of weaknesses to Fighting

You really need to cover the weaknesses, or remove a couple from the roster.

I'd assume the power is there with the team, I think the problem is that you're not able to strike first. My advice would be to have a look at some speedier Pokémon within the same typings.

I'm currently using a Speed+ Nature Cherrim [Sunny] holding a Choice Specs and that works wonders. You could replace that with Leafeon. Another thing would be to try and boost the speed of things, if they've already good a pretty good attack in the 76-100 bracket (basically anything about 320 or so). It's cool having the attack, but if you're too slow then you're not gonna deal the damage.

With the Choice Item vs Stat Boosts, I think it depends. I only find the Stat Boosting moves are useful for defenders and really, against the NPC's. Subway teams are showing to have more and more Choice Items, so you really can't afford to waste time with stat boosting moves. (I also believe PkmHunter has mentioned that Stat Boosting moves tend to activate the bug that's been ignored for a couple years, too)

Bottom line is either:

- You rethink your whole team and replace with speedier Pokémon (that still have a decent base Attack/Special Attack) (which I can help you with, if you'd like)
- You cover the weaknesses that you already have.

If you'd like to do it over PM with me, I'd be more than happy to, Chiiyo happy.gif

This post has been edited by Samoo: May 3 2013, 03:59 PM

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

PkmHunter
post May 4 2013, 01:47 PM
Post #29

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

The Soul Reaper

Sam is right, your team seriously lacks of speed to effectively pull off stats-boosting moves and type coverage. You can use Pokedex to filter out fast Pokemon for selection. It's a bit more difficult to cover all types with 6 Pokemon so be aware of your Pokemon's weaknesses.

QUOTE(Chiiyo @ Apr 29 2013, 11:42 PM) *
Even if I'm fully aware of the type effectiveness table, I can't seem to predict at all which damage my opponent's monster can do to mine and which moment is good and safe to use stat-raising attacks to have an advantage later.

Your opponent (the NPC) most likely uses Super Effective moves against you so it's vital to keep in mind your Pokemon's weaknesses in order to switch/minimise damages.

You can easily check your Pokemon's weaknesses at http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/.
An easy way to browse through the list of 649 Pokemon is select the Pokemon's type you're looking and pick the Pokemon from the list.
E.g. If I want to check Scizor's weaknesses, I'll click on Bug (or Steel) type then Ctrl+F to find Scizor on the list of Bug Pokemon.

If you're looking for a Novelty which the official Pokedex doesn't have, look for a Pokemon that has similar typings with that Novelty.
E.g. If I want to check Dracowymsy Charge's weaknesses, I'll look for Zekrom.

P.S: Sammy, think this should be added in your first post? grin.gif

--------------------

Bug Photo Collection lol

+Quote Post

Yamper
post May 4 2013, 02:00 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(PkmHunter @ May 4 2013, 07:47 PM) *
Sam is right, your team seriously lacks of speed to effectively pull off stats-boosting moves and type coverage. You can use Pokedex to filter out fast Pokemon for selection. It's a bit more difficult to cover all types with 6 Pokemon so be aware of your Pokemon's weaknesses.

QUOTE(Chiiyo @ Apr 29 2013, 11:42 PM) *

Your opponent (the NPC) most likely uses Super Effective moves against you so it's vital to keep in mind your Pokemon's weaknesses in order to switch/minimise damages.

You can easily check your Pokemon's weaknesses at http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/.
An easy way to browse through the list of 649 Pokemon is select the Pokemon's type you're looking and pick the Pokemon from the list.
E.g. If I want to check Scizor's weaknesses, I'll click on Bug (or Steel) type then Ctrl+F to find Scizor on the list of Bug Pokemon.

If you're looking for a Novelty which the official Pokedex doesn't have, look for a Pokemon that has similar typings with that Novelty.
E.g. If I want to check Dracowymsy Charge's weaknesses, I'll look for Zekrom.

P.S: Sammy, think this should be added in your first post? grin.gif

Added it in wink.gif I'll make a notice under 'Making a Team' of looking at your tip so people will have to look at is (and can't say I didn't tell them!)

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Chiiyo
post May 4 2013, 05:34 PM
Post #31

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 153 978

Precious <3

Many thanks to both of you for taking your time to respond! wink.gif

With these advices I can clearly see what's wrong with my team ... honestly, I had no clue that speed is such an important thing. *hides*
I decided to rethink my whole team. I already made a list of all pokémon I'll potentially use and now I'm trying to work out a good combination.

@ Samoo

Indeed, fighting types became my nightmare ... I'll be sure to cover this weakness. xD
If I worked out a new possible team, I'm going to send you a PM ... maybe you can take a brief look at it then, if that's still fine with you. Probably I'll have one or two more questions but I want to try my best first. =)

--------------------

The bird filled the sky
and soared through my thoughts.

♣ Treasure ♣ (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yamper
post May 4 2013, 06:08 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Chiiyo @ May 4 2013, 11:34 PM) *
Many thanks to both of you for taking your time to respond! wink.gif

With these advices I can clearly see what's wrong with my team ... honestly, I had no clue that speed is such an important thing. *hides*
I decided to rethink my whole team. I already made a list of all pokémon I'll potentially use and now I'm trying to work out a good combination.

@ Samoo

Indeed, fighting types became my nightmare ... I'll be sure to cover this weakness. xD
If I worked out a new possible team, I'm going to send you a PM ... maybe you can take a brief look at it then, if that's still fine with you. Probably I'll have one or two more questions but I want to try my best first. =)

Yeah, no that's fine with me happy.gif I'll be happy to help. Like Hunter said, there's no way you can cover for all weaknesses in a team, but as long you have a good mix of things you'll be fine.

Ask away! That's what this thread (and me!) are here for. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have!

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

SolarMoon59
post Mar 7 2014, 10:00 PM
Post #33

Leader of Bears
Group Icon

Member No.: 180 473

Shall we Dance?

I just wanna say thank you for making this thread, I'm terrible at battling on this site and the guide was very helpful in getting me through explorations! So again, thank you! happy.gif

--------------------
Ah yes the scalene triangle.

+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Mar 8 2014, 02:24 AM
Post #34

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

Hey, Samoo. I know I have the better streak, but I still feel like my team is lacking somewhat. Mind looking it over for me?

My main team is:

Alakazam
Modest
Psychic, Confusion, Haze, Recover
Choice Specs

Sawk
Lonely
Rock Smash, Close Combat, Haze, Protect
Choice Band

Dugtrio
Jolly
Earthquake, Sand Tomb, Haze, Protect
Choice Band

Shiny Kingdra
Bold
Water Gun, Aqua Jet, Twister, Dragon Claw
Leftovers

Flaming Zoroark
Adamant
Flame Wheel, Pursuit, Swords Dance, Haze
Quick Claw

Gigalith
Jolly
Rock Throw, Amnesia, Iron Defense, Rest
Leftovers

I know Gigalith could improve (I'll be IV hunting it after my FZ IV hunt), but what else could I need? I also use alternates of Banded Hax, Azumarill with Leftovers, Scarfed Electivire, and Bellossom when I need them.

This post has been edited by Doom Hunter: Mar 8 2014, 07:08 AM

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Mar 8 2014, 01:54 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

The only "issue" somewhat I see if the lack of resistances. (and Gigalith's moveset)

You've got some fast and strong mons but most can't really take a hit. Perhaps try and incorporate another bulky Pokémon somewhere; ideally a flying type. Resists ground, fighting and you've got good things to resist the flying weaknesses (ice, electric, rock).

The issue I see with Gigalith, is that I don't think Rest is necessary at all. You'll be using it as a defender + leftovers so it kind of.. seems moot? What you could do is come in on something that won't be super effective, use Mean Look and then boost defences. Could be an interesting way to do things.

FZ resists Ice
Dugtrio resists Electric
Sawk resists Rock

Filter through the pokémon list in the dex with Base 100 in HP/Defence/Special Defence and have a browse. Azumarill is a good one, but maybe another one or two could be good to incorporate somewhere.
I'm currently trying out a new team (well, in the process of leveling it up) so I'll let you know how it fares.

@SolarMoon59: You're welcome happy.gif Glad it helped!

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Mar 8 2014, 02:18 PM
Post #36

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

I guess the reason I gave Giga Rest is so it could truly become the immovable wall. I mean, I've actually had Giga successfully take down Steelix and Lucario with rest before. :P

I actually tried Azumarill as a main in place of Kingdra, and it bombed miserably. It turns out I need Kingdra as an intermediary pokemon (one that can dish out damage and absorb hits as well in almost any situation, and is an hors d'oeurve of sorts for anything upcoming, and can safely switch out to nearly any of my team), so Kingdra is sort of stuck in my team.

A Flyer would be nice, but there are so few that are really any good. Tropius I guess, but he has a LOT of weaknesses, which can get very frustrating. Togekiss might be an option? Although Fairy Flying isn't the most beneficial of type combinations, it would finally give me an offensive against Hax. Normally when I face Haxorus, I end up sacrificing Gigalith, then deploying Dugtrio or Alakazam, depending on remaining health. My team is actually dependent on sacrifices to get what I need onto the field. It works for me a lot better than would be expected.

Also, I would like to dispute the 'don't bother with low health' tip (in a civilized manner of course happy.gif).

A Pokemon with 1 hp is more valuable to you than a pokemon with no hp. For example, if Dugtrio suffered a critical hit swapping in to deal with an Arcanine and left it with little health, and a Milotic came out, you better believe I'm switching to Kingdra instead of pointlessly losing Dugtrio. After all, there might be a Jolteon hiding in the team later on.

Or my Kingdra for example. If it beats a Dragonite in a shootout and is left with 8% and a Machamp comes out, I'm switching to Alakazam, because even 8% kingdra can and will survive enemy fire and water types, and even gain health out of it from Leftovers. I will admit some cases would be better off sacrificing, like if FZ is going up against Nidoking and Alakazam and Dugtrio aren't at full health, but I wouldn't say low health pokemon are useless to you in all situations. Just a little food for thought. happy.gif

--------------------
|

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Mar 8 2014, 02:43 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

I really don't know where you're getting the idea that I'm against Pokémon with low base HP.
All I'd stated is that you could try and incorporate one somewhere with higher base HP and defences.

I'm just tossing round suggestions, which you'd asked for, so please don't directly assume I'm against one thing because I'd suggested to try something else (especially as I haven't actually said anything along those lines in the first place).

e: Just remember there are different battling styles, and by asking for suggestions you take them into consideration and not knock them down.
What works for one person may not work for others and vice versa.

This post has been edited by Samoo: Mar 8 2014, 02:48 PM

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Mar 8 2014, 02:54 PM
Post #38

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

I wasn't directly opposing the HP thing assuming you were against it, it was something I read in the tips and remembered Tyranisaur saying more than once so I thought 'hmm, that doesn't seem quite right'. Like the, if a Pokemon is low in REMAINING health, it's better to scrap it tip, not low base stats in HP. I'm sorry for the confusion. :/

As for Giga.....I wonder what might work comparatively with it. Do you think Torterra might have some good play for me?

This post has been edited by Doom Hunter: Mar 8 2014, 02:55 PM

--------------------
|

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Mar 8 2014, 03:10 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

As long as you have something to combat ice, flying and fire types, then sure. There's no 'bad' pokémon to use, like I previously stated, it all depends on your play-style.

Switch things up; could be the way forward.

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Mar 8 2014, 03:50 PM
Post #40

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

Flying types. UGH. They're the bane of my existence.

With no ice or electric attacks, Gigalith was really my only option in that regard. Which of course means Gyarados is one of my most feared opponents. When that happens, I usually swap in Electivire for the one battle, but...

You're right, I should experiment a little. Maybe try a Magnezone and a Togekiss instead of Gigalith and Kingdra/FZ?

Interesting note:

emmitt1984 has a streak going currently of somewhere between 1250 and 1400, and his team is filled with a Weavile and defensive Pokemon. I wonder why that works so well?

This post has been edited by Doom Hunter: Mar 8 2014, 03:55 PM

--------------------
|

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:56 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.