Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
23 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
July Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
Darky
post Jul 26 2017, 07:02 AM
Post #401

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7 680

Active Squad

Wishing everybody best of luck in hatching their shinies!^___^

Has anyone played the game about Beandy and the ink machine? Is it scary? I don't like horrors, but this one looks interesting to me.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Gym Leader Clay
post Jul 26 2017, 08:23 AM
Post #402

doot doot
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 031

R/S/E favorites

QUOTE(Luneon @ Jul 24 2017, 02:12 PM) *
My favorite UB is UB01 so I hope that one will be released first.
It might be too too difficult due to its translucent look, though.
(When something has light shine through it you call it translucent right??? Or is that still part of the transparent category? I'm not sure....)

Opaque images are when you can't see any of the background.
Transparent images are when you can see all of the background in it's full glory
Translucent is something in between. More like the foreground and background colours are all mixed.

I'm not gonna get into the science of it. It's too early for that shit and I haven't drunk my coffee but that's the tl;dr, artist without morning coffee version.

It probably wouldn't be too difficult. I don't know what it's like transferring images made in other programs to the server or whatever, but getting a translucent effect in like a photoshop or paint tool sai itself is easy enough particularly since we have separate layers to work off of and adjust opacity.

I wish I had a computer to run my art stuff I would have killed to sprite at least one of these alola pokemon lol

QUOTE(Myou @ Jul 24 2017, 11:08 PM) *
That moment when you get so excited because the text upon hatching the eggs is slightly longer than the rest in the middle and bottom rows... only to start cursing when you realized it's just because two pokemon hatched with an item...

This is literally me on like a weekly basis. I always notice the length of text more than what's written. That's also why I've snagged common Pokemon in the lab when summoning a legendary, before. Not often mind you, but... well I've always tried to summon pokemon with an empty party.

EDIT: on the subject of last minute shiny hunts, I didn't think I'd succeed in the last swsh, but I hatched a shiny Alolan Grimer with maybe twelve hours left? Started an Alolan Vulpix hunt for shits n giggles and hatched one too. Maybe you'll have my luck and all those last minute shines will pour in wink.gif

This post has been edited by Gym Leader Clay: Jul 26 2017, 08:25 AM

--------------------

|Gpx+ Party|Twitter|Deviantart|Tumblr|
groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Letan
post Jul 26 2017, 10:32 AM
Post #403

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Darky @ Jul 26 2017, 08:02 AM) *

Has anyone played the game about Beandy and the ink machine? Is it scary? I don't like horrors, but this one looks interesting to me.

Nope but I've been meaning to, one of my former co-workers has been developing it and I've been going to some of his talks he's done locally. Plus I met theMeatly briefly and they were super cool to talk to. I'm probably just gonna wait until another chapter or two comes out, but it's totally on my wishlist for sure.

QUOTE(Luneon @ Jul 24 2017, 02:12 PM) *
My favorite UB is UB01 so I hope that one will be released first.
It might be too too difficult due to its translucent look, though.
(When something has light shine through it you call it translucent right??? Or is that still part of the transparent category? I'm not sure....)

Faking transparency's not an issue, I've done it with the Dewpider line with straight up colour theory. Plus there's nothing preventing us from doing sprites with transparency other than whether or not it looks too weird on sites.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Alchemists Fire
post Jul 26 2017, 04:54 PM
Post #404

Companion Cube
Group Icon

Member No.: 246 334

Favourites

Gah, getting super-frustrated with one of the tasks in the Tapu exploration. Is there anywhere I can get battle advice other than Sam's guide?

90% of it doesn't make sense to me, I'm not a battler, I'm a collector. I don't understand IVs and all the numbers and stats and whatever beyond higher numbers are better and higher speed attacks first

--------------------
My Party:

Shiny Hunts (click to show)
+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Jul 26 2017, 05:04 PM
Post #405

Smiting Fundamentalists since the 1980's.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 43 334

Active Squad

I'm not much of one myself either...I found out the hard way that I can change up attack types, hold items and pokemon types plays a big role. Go by the site's chart and not by bulbapedia typing because there's a slight difference. There's some trial and error with mashing up. IV is like stat numbers in an RPG- there's higher #'s in something like agility for example. Nature determines if you get a boost in one stat over another, ect.

--------------------
~~~~Credit goes to Commander Wymsy.

Important info about myself (click to show)
+Quote Post

Alchemists Fire
post Jul 26 2017, 05:07 PM
Post #406

Companion Cube
Group Icon

Favourites

Thank you Natsume Reiko =)

Where might I find the site's type chart? I'm so out of practice with where things are here irritated.gif

--------------------
My Party:

+Quote Post

Myou
post Jul 26 2017, 05:57 PM
Post #407

You can't scare me... I'm a Preschool Teacher~!
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 182

~My Team~

QUOTE(Alchemists Fire @ Jul 27 2017, 09:07 AM) *
Thank you Natsume Reiko =)

Where might I find the site's type chart? I'm so out of practice with where things are here irritated.gif

https://gpx.plus/help/battle-tower

Basically, there's just no immunities, everything does at least 1/4 damage.

Also, try Electric, Ground, and Psychic types/moves

This post has been edited by Myou: Jul 26 2017, 06:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post Jul 26 2017, 06:35 PM
Post #408

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 828

HEROES

To add to the battle tower help, I don't know if it works with you but with me, having a multitype team (and when I say this, I mean each pokemon in the party having 2 types) helps a lot. Then, equipping them with items that help to boost their status or/and to neutralize weaknesses; knowing when to switch them when in battle; these are fundamental.

----//----

@Myou
Geez, good luck with your Null hunt, I hope you can hatch it in time.

--------------------

•TRINKET TRADING PLACE•||FC: 4055-4266-5767
POKEMON SHINY HUNTER//XY; ORAS; SUMO; USUM

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Alchemists Fire
post Jul 26 2017, 07:02 PM
Post #409

Companion Cube
Group Icon

Favourites

QUOTE(Myou @ Jul 26 2017, 03:57 PM) *

Thank you kindly =)

Those are the 3 I was thinking of, as my Alakazam seemed to do relatively well. My Raichu & Rhyhorn keep getting their butts kicked though noes.gif guess I should look at move sets

Edit: I'm so confused about how to read the table. If I'm battling an NPC, am I the attacker or defender? or does it depend on whose turn it is?

QUOTE(Mikaku Onchi @ Jul 26 2017, 04:35 PM) *
To add to the battle tower help, I don't know if it works with you but with me, having a multitype team (and when I say this, I mean each pokemon in the party having 2 types) helps a lot. Then, equipping them with items that help to boost their status or/and to neutralize weaknesses; knowing when to switch them when in battle; these are fundamental.

Thanks for the suggestion! I've been worried that multi-types were a bad idea because my Rhyhorn keeps getting his butt kicked HARD...
I'll have to look at what items I have too

This post has been edited by Alchemists Fire: Jul 26 2017, 07:17 PM

--------------------
My Party:

+Quote Post

Luneon
post Jul 26 2017, 08:56 PM
Post #410

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(Darky @ Jul 26 2017, 02:02 PM) *

I haven't but I did see some gameplay of it in a theory video.
There's jumpscares just as in FNaF and any other horror game you can think of but the ones in FNaF aren't scary.
Bendy's actually got me and that was just a short gameplay video.
So if the rest of the game is just like that then it must be pretty good.

----------------------------------
QUOTE(Letan @ Jul 26 2017, 05:32 PM) *
Faking transparency's not an issue, I've done it with the Dewpider line with straight up colour theory. Plus there's nothing preventing us from doing sprites with transparency other than whether or not it looks too weird on sites.

I'm very relieved to hear that, thank you for the update!
So far the sprites look good so whatever you guys use to check it, it's a good tool.

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Myou
post Jul 26 2017, 09:15 PM
Post #411

Group Icon

~My Team~

QUOTE(Alchemists Fire @ Jul 27 2017, 11:02 AM) *
QUOTE(Myou @ Jul 26 2017, 03:57 PM) *

Thank you kindly =)

Those are the 3 I was thinking of, as my Alakazam seemed to do relatively well. My Raichu & Rhyhorn keep getting their butts kicked though noes.gif guess I should look at move sets

Edit: I'm so confused about how to read the table. If I'm battling an NPC, am I the attacker or defender? or does it depend on whose turn it is?

That way I read the table is if I launch an attack, I'm the attacker. If I'm being hit with the attack, I'm the defender. My attack damage is based on what my opponent's (the defender's) type is compared to my attack type, and vice versa.

My personal preference when fighting is to go with pokemon that can hit hard FIRST, so speed's a big plus in my book since some knockouts can come down to who gets the attack off first. I also tend to search for good IV pokemon when I shiny hunt, so I managed to come across some pokemon with fairly decent stats (I personally set my party to hold onto pokemon with a 140 or higher IV spread).

--------------------

+Quote Post

Alchemists Fire
post Jul 26 2017, 09:31 PM
Post #412

Companion Cube
Group Icon

Favourites

QUOTE(Myou @ Jul 26 2017, 07:15 PM) *
That way I read the table is if I launch an attack, I'm the attacker. If I'm being hit with the attack, I'm the defender. My attack damage is based on what my opponent's (the defender's) type is compared to my attack type, and vice versa.

My personal preference when fighting is to go with pokemon that can hit hard FIRST, so speed's a big plus in my book since some knockouts can come down to who gets the attack off first. I also tend to search for good IV pokemon when I shiny hunt, so I managed to come across some pokemon with fairly decent stats (I personally set my party to hold onto pokemon with a 140 or higher IV spread).

Okay...so I read the table as though I was attacking a Fire/Poison type, which tells me that I should get x2 from Ground & Psychic against the poison type. The thing took out my Kadabra, Mr. Mime, and Onix in one hit each...

So if my attacker is Fire/Poison, and I'm the Defender, that means I should use bug, fairy or grass?

It doesn't help that every time I start the battle, the NPC's Pokemon are in a different order, so I never know what to start with...

--------------------
My Party:

+Quote Post

Myou
post Jul 26 2017, 09:52 PM
Post #413

Group Icon

~My Team~

QUOTE(Alchemists Fire @ Jul 27 2017, 01:31 PM) *
QUOTE(Myou @ Jul 26 2017, 07:15 PM) *

Okay...so I read the table as though I was attacking a Fire/Poison type, which tells me that I should get x2 from Ground & Psychic against the poison type. The thing took out my Kadabra, Mr. Mime, and Onix in one hit each...

So if my attacker is Fire/Poison, and I'm the Defender, that means I should use bug, fairy or grass?

It doesn't help that every time I start the battle, the NPC's Pokemon are in a different order, so I never know what to start with...

Were you hitting first or second? Onix and Mr. Mime's general stats are kind of bleh (at least to me), though a Kadabra (not an Alakazam?) should at least be putting a dent in it since they tend to be pretty fast and strong, though a bit frail. And what are the general IVs of the pokemon you're using?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Takodachi
post Jul 26 2017, 10:34 PM
Post #414

Dancing Through Sunday
Group Icon

Member No.: 74 320

get dark, get dark

So I'm finally back after, like, what, almost two years?

I'm not sure how active I'll be here, since I still have a ton of commitments and work on my hands.

How much of the Alolan dex has been added, by the way?

--------------------

+Quote Post

miu
post Jul 27 2017, 01:28 AM
Post #415

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 182 742

Active Squad

QUOTE(Alchemists Fire @ Jul 27 2017, 03:02 AM) *

My suggestion would be to try and go for the appropriate types and above-average stats (both base stats and IVs). Definitely fully-evolve your Pokemon. If you go to your PC, you can filter by type; take a look at what you already have, compare their IVs and pick the best. Or you can also go to the Pokedex, and filter by type, sort by stats, see what you've already got, or even try to get the better ones.

I looked at my past battles in the Battle Tower; I first tried the battle with my usual team, and lost miserably, so I decided to add strong Pokemon with types better suited for this opponent. For my next battle I replaced three of my Pokemon with Ground types: Golem, Dugtrio, Donphan. These were the best that I had in my PC in terms of stats, Golem has only 94 IVs, while Dugtrio and Donphan are definitely better, with 130 and 134. I managed to win the battle with this team, by making sure I switched whenever the opponent brought in Pokemon with supper-effective attacks against mine; don't be afraid to switch!

In terms of moves, I like to have a stat-boosting move, like Swords Dance or Nasty Plot. I use it when I feel comfortable enough, i.e. the opponent's Pokemon isn't very strong against mine. I also have Mean Look on my team, to make sure the opponent stays put, so I can either setup (boosting my attack like I mentioned just now), or just spam supper-effective attacks.

As for your question, it depends on the turn. When it's your turn, you're the attacker: use an attack that is supper-effective against your opponent's Pokemon's type. When it's your opponent's turn, you're the defender: your opponent will try to use an attack that is super-effective against your Pokemon's type. So on your turn, if your opponent has a Pokemon that is potentially very strong against yours, try to switch into a better match, or maybe into a Pokemon that can trap your opponent (with Mean Look) and then bring in something that has supper-effective attacks against your opponent's current Pokemon.

Hope this helps, best of luck!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Jul 27 2017, 04:14 PM
Post #416

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

QUOTE(Asriel Dreemurr @ Jul 26 2017, 10:34 PM) *

I'm not sure how active I'll be here, since I still have a ton of commitments and work on my hands.

Welcome back. happy.gif

Most of the Alolan dex has been added minus some Alolan forms of regular stuff, some new Pokémon, and UBs/other possible legendaries. They are being worked on, though.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Jul 27 2017, 04:22 PM
Post #417

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

Hey All!

I just figured that I'd take a few moments to stop by in between all the other activity going on about me. Things are well - just very busy. Our annual business meeting is coming up in 2 weeks and that makes for a lot of prep and prompting.

I wanted to offer a shout out to the one(s) offering the Sky Gifts recently. While my last one held more Poke Chests today's had more helpful items. No vitamins or anything, but things I can definitely use all the same. So - Mystery Gifter - thank you! love.gif I appreciate the extra assists.

I haven't done an exploration since I began working from home (I think). Weird, right? I definitely want to organize my time better so that I can get back into the explorations. They're always so much fun (when they aren't down right frustrating - LOL). And an explore where we can get more Tapus? Dang yes!!

I got fairly lucky with this month's shiny event. Just over 100 eggs and I finished. But - given my current schedule and workload, I opted not to vye for another shiny from the trio. I'd rather start finishing up all these unfinished hunts.

And how were those other hunts doing....

Alolan Vulpix Eggs Hatched: 522 Date Started: May 12/17
Part of May 2017's Site-Wide Hunt

Golett Eggs Hatched: 602 Date Started: May 12/16
Part of May 2016's Site-Wide Hunt

Eevee Eggs Hatched: 428 Date Started: Aug 17/15

Gulpin Eggs Hatched: 63 Date Started: Jun 22/15

Murkrow Eggs Hatched: 651 Date Started: May 6/15

Spiky-Eared Pichu Eggs Hatched: 30 Date Started: Oct 9/13

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jul 27 2017, 05:05 PM
Post #418

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

I feel like I've not been here forever.

So in update form.. Holiday was well. My friend lost his iphone 7, I broke my iphone 6s+, I got badly sunburnt and thought I'd broken my foot (people jumping on it repeatedly bruised it + sunburn made it swell up and go purple), and we both ruined our livers. But we got some good sunset photos and I have rediscovered my love of gin.

I'm also trying to work more hours at the pub which I'm getting now so that's good.

GPX+ wise, nothing to update with. I've been getting header events lately, no second wormhole and no shinies really. Still on my first bouldoge but I haven't really been about to try things.

Also if anybody is having any issues with the battle tower feel free to shoot me a PM.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Kazuko Himura
post Jul 27 2017, 05:09 PM
Post #419

Art by Yoova
Group Icon

Member No.: 243 702

Active Squad

QUOTE(MiyukoKaioh @ Jul 25 2017, 02:32 PM) *
I hope I'm gonna finish this Rockruff SWSH successfully but I am slowly losing hope.

DON'T LOSE HOPE NOW!

Okay, seriously, yeah, keep trying. I wasn't expecting my Shiny Type: Null at 65 eggs.

QUOTE(Myou @ Jul 24 2017, 11:08 PM) *
That moment when you get so excited because the text upon hatching the eggs is slightly longer than the rest in the middle and bottom rows... only to start cursing when you realized it's just because two pokemon hatched with an item...

All. The. Time. Getting really tired of it. This happens less often with normal-types though.

QUOTE(Alchemists Fire @ Jul 26 2017, 05:54 PM) *
Gah, getting super-frustrated with one of the tasks in the Tapu exploration. Is there anywhere I can get battle advice other than Sam's guide?

90% of it doesn't make sense to me, I'm not a battler, I'm a collector. I don't understand IVs and all the numbers and stats and whatever beyond higher numbers are better and higher speed attacks first

I pretty much just threw all the Level 100's I could at things and it works eventually (Though one persistent member of the battle teams is a Bronzong).

QUOTE(Asriel Dreemurr @ Jul 26 2017, 11:34 PM) *

All but the below 'mons:
Missing 'Mons (click to show)

--------------------
Foobs.

Current Pokemon game goal:
All-ribbon Smeargle
Sites and things (click to show)
+Quote Post

Leomon2004
post Jul 27 2017, 06:13 PM
Post #420

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 169 994

Active Squad

GO AWAY PRANKSTER KID I don't want you stalking me. I have seen him pop up like 5 times in the past week. I have yet to encounter the (I assume it is Cosmog based on what the egg looks like, I could be wrong) Ultra Wormhole.
+Quote Post

23 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 01:50 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.