Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tieing together custom descriptions
JDB1984
post Aug 3 2009, 11:10 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 48 423

Soul Silver team

Do your pokemon's custom descriptions mention other pokemon that you own, whether in the computer or in your party.

For a good example, let's look at Star Guy's description:

Feeling kind of embarrassed about being male, yet cute and pink, makes him act extra tough to make sure people know he's a guy. He's often seen training with Palmer or Flametail, but can't resist dancing when there's shooting stars in the sky.

Palmer and Flametail are a Riolu and a Charmeleon that I own. Do you make your custom descriptions like that, or do you just mention the pokemon you're describing.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Spearow
post Aug 3 2009, 11:12 AM
Post #2

the realest and cruelest
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 415

i can't do that dave

yeah especially if they have made eggs together. por ejemplo my banette has a deep and mostly unrequited affection for my gardevoir, how sad. sad.gif

--------------------

you want to live when life is achingly unfair
+Quote Post

Galahawk
post Aug 3 2009, 11:22 AM
Post #3

Legendary Dragon Empress
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 21 238

Best team ever

My Shiny Xatu and Altaria's descriptions mention each other, but only because Altaria is Xatu's wifey. >u>

--------------------
[align=center]
- Click Latias for my deviantART | Click Latios for my Tumblr -

[spoiler=Shinies + Fat meeps]
(Shinies are not in chronological order. I stopped caring.)[/spoiler][/align]
+Quote Post

Empty Vessel
post Aug 3 2009, 12:09 PM
Post #4

It takes skill to lose to Magikarp
Group Icon

Member No.: 26 311

HG Team

Yep, I did it with my Speedy and velocity(My omanytes :P) it was really fun doing it too, and i said something botu them two being gf and bf and stuff

--------------------

please feed him(the cherry berry), i want to complete this exploration soon!

V Blog+Poetry+Art V
http://a11j09c.weebly.com/

PM me, I get very bored at times and will be fun to talk grin.gif. Also i could use some friends on here :P

+Quote Post

Irk Splee
post Aug 3 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #5

One of the Merry Band of Plagarists
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 228

Active Squad

...I honestly don't remember the last time I wrote a description that DIDN'T mention the others (OK, maybe Rippy, but since for him I just copy pasted part of a song, I'm not sure that counts. XD) After a certain point, as I tie the characters into my weird little plot, they've got to have SOME sort of relationship with SOMEBODY.

...that, and three Pokemon I have in my current line up are named for cartoon characters that I ship somehow (NERD). For two of them, I already have their partner, so yes, that gets mentioned. And yes, when they're level 100 they will be daycared with said partner. Because I am a SHIP DORK.

--------------------

Groups,awards, and other random things (click to show)

+Quote Post

JDB1984
post Aug 3 2009, 12:37 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 48 423

Soul Silver team

I weaved together the start of a possible relationship between Palmer and Sleeper. It seems that a bout of insomnia helped him figure out how Sleeper evolved while only sleeping and eating during the day: She was training at night.

Palmer offered to help her train, and she agreed. During the training, Palmer started to feel sleepy, so she figured his insomnia was cured, so he went back inside. While they were alone, they found they had feelings towards one another. But neither of them wants to make a move yet, since Palmer is still a Riolu, and too young, especially for a Raticate.

This post has been edited by JDB1984: Aug 3 2009, 12:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Retrospect
post Aug 3 2009, 01:09 PM
Post #7

Back from the dead... sort of.
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 279

Active Squad

The only pokemon whom I've written descriptions for that didn't have another pokemon mentioned was Apollo's simply because at the time I hadn't really developed much of anything and used something silly. I should change it to something that actually explains him a bit and suits him better, but his current description makes me giggle when I read it so I can't think of anything to replace it with.

--------------------
+Quote Post

PunkCat09
post Aug 3 2009, 10:48 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 020

Fire Squad

I used to try not to, since it makes it confusing for other people unless you have the named Pokemon in your party along with the Pokemon in question. I found it makes it easier to create "character" for my Pokemon when I did though. My Plusle and Minun are brother and sister, and their best friends are Pikachu and Pachurisu. My Growlith and Poochyena are competitive friends, etc.

--------------------

My Eggs
One clickers: Please click the egg closest to hatching.
Everyone else: I click however many you click of mine.

+Quote Post

PeaceFrog777
post Aug 3 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #9

Trip-Hop Star
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 341

IDK

Sometimes I mention my Pokemon's spouse in their description.
For example, here's my Eevee's:
Custom Description
She is a very lovely Espeon and was once Miss Hawaii. She can also cook some delicious fried chicken and is Nightmare's wifey-kins

--------------------

+Quote Post

Star Navigator
post Aug 4 2009, 01:34 AM
Post #10

The user formerly known as Dark Storm
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 689

Active Squad

...When dont my pokemon mention others? lol. My pokemon are all one group of disfunctional odd balls. Most of which have trouble deciding what gender they are lol. GPX says one thing but my journals say another. Even the one's i'm now basing off of songs i hear are going to be connected to at least one other pokemon :p *needs to update descriptions, come to think of it...*

*is currently looking for a good Sifl and Olly*

--------------------

I should probably be more active.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 07:49 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.