Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
62 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
March Community Thread, Please be sure to read the rules before posting!
Lini
post Mar 1 2016, 03:32 AM
Post #81

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 15 199

Active Squad

I mean there were almost 4000 people technically partaking in the event, top 12 seems extremely harsh to me. You could've made it top 50 or so and still have kept the shiny legend voucher be a rare prize.

This limited a top tier doesn't feel like something to work hard for, it honestly just feels hopeless.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Dr Electric
post Mar 1 2016, 03:36 AM
Post #82

A wannabe Doctor thinking he already is one.
Group Icon

Member No.: 230 954

My Electric Knights

QUOTE(Cajun @ Mar 1 2016, 01:53 PM) *
Yea, had 5 specific summons and turned in all my Prize Points for 48 Enigmas. Been pretty nonexistant here and figured might as well make it official and get this stuff into the hands that want it.

And it took over an hour but they have all been claimed. All the stuff in the backroom was gone in an instant, but there's still a few cool things floating through the Shelter~

Oh well, I guess my Giratina and Dialga snipe from you only. Well, if any hatches shiny I'll name it after you. happy.gif Well, even though, I don't know you too well, I'll miss your presence. Thank you for being a wonderful person. happy.gif

--------------------

PM me for Social Network add request/Shiny race request. I will answer for sure.

My shining beauties:

My groups (click to show)

Avatar credited to Cycloneblaze from Cycloneshop II.

+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Mar 1 2016, 03:37 AM
Post #83

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

QUOTE(Lini @ Mar 1 2016, 02:32 AM) *
I mean there were almost 4000 people technically partaking in the event, top 12 seems extremely harsh to me. You could've made it top 50 or so and still have kept the shiny legend voucher be a rare prize.

This limited a top tier doesn't feel like something to work hard for, it honestly just feels hopeless.

You overestimate how many of those 4000 actually got a decent number of coins, I think.

I really should go to sleep, but now I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it. Gotta get up in a few hours anyway.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Dr Electric
post Mar 1 2016, 03:40 AM
Post #84

Group Icon

My Electric Knights

QUOTE(Synx Itax @ Mar 1 2016, 02:07 PM) *
I really should go to sleep, but now I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it. Gotta get up in a few hours anyway.

Go for a little sleep. It'll make you refreshed a little for the flight. Otherwise the journey will too uncomfortable.

--------------------

PM me for Social Network add request/Shiny race request. I will answer for sure.

My shining beauties:

+Quote Post

Lini
post Mar 1 2016, 03:40 AM
Post #85

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 199

Active Squad

I didn't particularly feel like going through all those pages to figure out where the "decent" threshold started so I just went with the technical number of participants.

I guess it's pointless to discuss it but I'm just feeling extremely disappointed right now. I'm just very much hoping that if this sort of event runs again, the price tiers will be a bit more lenient.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cherubi Problema...
post Mar 1 2016, 03:44 AM
Post #86

puts the ruby in cherubi
Group Icon

Member No.: 136 288

Favourites

Oh shoot, I totally missed Cajun's drop. Sad to see you go, though!

I was so happy to get DNA Splicers from my Scratch Cards, and then there suddenly pop up Shears. I'm like wtf are they for? Turns out a new novelty grin.gif grin.gif although naked Mareep looks a bit sad xD
Now I want to shiny hunt it ...

For the coin prices I stopped at about a 1000 and was exactly in the spot I hoped to be, as in, to get the maximum amount of Scratch Cards ( I looooooooove Scratch Cards. Such a neat idea. And the artwork on the new ones is great).

Edit, because I just saw it now:
QUOTE(xhig @ Mar 1 2016, 07:01 AM) *
EDIT--Forgot to mention this. Does anybody know songs with parenthetical remarks in the title? I have some down, like Exit Music (For a Film) by Radiohead and Snow ((Hey Oh)) by Red Hot Chili Peppers, but any others would be greatly appreciated. It's for trivia tonight. There's a round on it.

Fallout Boy came to my mind, they have a few songs that match the criteria:
I’m Like a Lawyer with the Way I'm Always Trying to Get You Off (Me & You) from the album Infinity on High
The (After) Life of the Party also from Infinity on High
The (Shipped) Gold Standard from the album Folie ŕ Deux
My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up) from the album Save Rock and Roll

This post has been edited by Cherubi Problematique: Mar 1 2016, 03:56 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yggdrasil
post Mar 1 2016, 03:52 AM
Post #87

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 119 384

Active Squad

I'm really disappointed, I ended the event with 823 coins and didn't even get the voucher that I was working so hard for sad.gif. I don't think I'll try next time but the event was entertaining at least....

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jade
post Mar 1 2016, 04:04 AM
Post #88

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 868

My Favorites

Guys, I'm gonna just quickly intervene here to remind everyone:

QUOTE(Jen @ Feb 28 2016, 04:50 PM) *
[*]Do not post your GPX+ gear grinders in this thread either. There's also a thread for that. This is mostly for raging at staff or site events that you don't like.

I understand some of you are upset. This is not the thread for this.

Secondly, I want everyone to keep in mind: The Staff does not have to give out the prizes they do. The fact that they are is incredibly kind of them; complaining about it will make them consider not to run future events like this or cut out those 'top tier' prizes altogether.

So, if you didn't get what you wanted this time? My advice: Take the loss humbly and vow to do better next time rather then make a point to never allow yourself to give it a shot ever again.

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

Dr Electric
post Mar 1 2016, 04:10 AM
Post #89

Group Icon

My Electric Knights

QUOTE(xhig @ Mar 1 2016, 11:31 AM) *
EDIT--Forgot to mention this. Does anybody know songs with parenthetical remarks in the title? I have some down, like Exit Music (For a Film) by Radiohead and Snow ((Hey Oh)) by Red Hot Chili Peppers, but any others would be greatly appreciated. It's for trivia tonight. There's a round on it.

Well, I missed this edit. I'd add some to the list like:

Green Day - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life), Viva La Gloria (Little Girl)
Paramore - Breathe (Until Tomorrow)
My Chemical Romance - S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W (Scarecrow) [though it might not count], I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
30 secs to Mars - The Kill (Bury Me)

Only these are on my top of the head at the moment.

--------------------

My shining beauties:

+Quote Post

Silberchen
post Mar 1 2016, 04:21 AM
Post #90

Floofy Friend
Group Icon

Member No.: 150 656

A lighthouse

QUOTE(Jade @ Mar 1 2016, 10:04 AM) *
Secondly, I want everyone to keep in mind: The Staff does not have to give out the prizes they do. The fact that they are is incredibly kind of them; complaining about it will make them consider not to run future events like this or cut out those 'top tier' prizes altogether.

So, if you didn't get what you wanted this time? My advice: Take the loss humbly and vow to do better next time rather then make a point to never allow yourself to give it a shot ever again.

I was going to shut up about the whole coin event now but I have to respectfully disagree with you there. I give a ton of respect to staff for taking the time to run the site at all, let alone do events. But that doesn't mean people should only ever be allowed to sing their praises. If something on the site is frustrating to a lot of people, staff should know! It's their choice if they want to change or repeat these sorts of events and I'll respect whatever choice they make.
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Mar 1 2016, 04:26 AM
Post #91

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

QUOTE(Jade @ Mar 1 2016, 09:04 AM) *
Guys, I'm gonna just quickly intervene here to remind everyone:

Did you get what you wanted?

I'm a little sad that I missed Cajun's big drop, but I'm sadder to see him leave. You'll be missed, buddy. o7
I hear DNA splicers are finally out! Fantastic, I've been waiting for this ever since I accidentally made two Mega Charizards X :v Hopefully I get some. But I have all 15 scratch cards, so I feel pretty confident. grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jen
post Mar 1 2016, 04:35 AM
Post #92

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

Jade is right, please take any complaints to the gear grinder thread. Not because I or other users don't care, but because the negativity can really turn people off from wanting to join in on any conversation here. Thanks!

Cajun, I didn't realize that you were leaving! Sorry to see you go, I've seen you around the forums for years. sad.gif Hope everything is alright!

Cherubi Problematique - Yeeessss. Another Fall Out Boy fan! <3

--------------------

+Quote Post

Silberchen
post Mar 1 2016, 04:41 AM
Post #93

Floofy Friend
Group Icon

Member No.: 150 656

A lighthouse

I think I got one of Cajun's Enigma summons earlier, I should name it after him(?) too. cat.gif Congrats to the people who caught the shinies. It's always sad to see people leave. See you, space cowboy.

+Quote Post

Dr Electric
post Mar 1 2016, 04:44 AM
Post #94

Group Icon

My Electric Knights

To all the people dissatisfied with the prizes,

I understand your feelings. Coming so close and not winning anything is dissatisfying but then again it's part and parcel of the game. Someone will win, someone will lose. For the suggestion of #50 getting the shiny LVP, then you'll have a whole lot of people in the range #50-60 who'll complain about how unfair it was to them, the staff should think about them also etc. etc. This is life, get with it. The only way to solve this is to give everyone Shiny LVP and that will totally break the spirit of the game. There will be no fun, no competition, nothing. Just enjoy what you received - your voucher, your shinies, your experience, the fun you had during this time etc.

P.S.: I am armored up for all the hate comments. Bring it on! isay.gif

--------------------

My shining beauties:

+Quote Post

Manah
post Mar 1 2016, 05:36 AM
Post #95

Made of random and Joltik love / Totally not a fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 080

Diamond Party

QUOTE(Jade @ Mar 1 2016, 06:01 AM) *
I laughed so hard when I went to the shelter and realized I don't have to pick up any more specific colored pokemon.

It's like... freedom.... 8D

Thiiiiiiis. And I can do explorations because exploration mon won't get in the way, and.... I CAN DO THINGS YAY

I had enough coins for the shiny voucher, so now I have two of them. Still not sure whether I should use them on Unown or Ditto. sad.gif

Sorry to see you go Cajun sad.gif

--------------------
Pokémon Moon FC: 0877-0881-6378 (Trainer name: June)

~
Buttons made by Arceus Awakened
+Quote Post

Shaoo
post Mar 1 2016, 05:39 AM
Post #96

Potterwholock
Group Icon

Member No.: 66 728

the foxies <3

Happy march!
I'm so sad I miss again the shiny legend voucher. I'll never get one. *sob*
I'm openning my scratch cards now o/ is it normal to get cards who are empty? %D

@Jade: THIS IS SO TRUE OMG. FREEDOM hahahaha

edit: I'm getting item I don't know what they are, it's weird.

This post has been edited by Shaoo: Mar 1 2016, 05:44 AM

--------------------

Azurite Knights! Click on the banner to know more! *\o/*

QUOTE(Makeltos @ Sep 9 2015, 10:07 PM) *
Ok now I have a cheerleading Vulpix jumping in my mind.

pp @Cycloneblaze
+Quote Post

Chaft
post Mar 1 2016, 06:11 AM
Post #97

Veteran Hunter
Group Icon

Member No.: 118 444

Cutting Crew

I did hatch a lot of coins anticipating for a Shiny LVP, but I was still happy when I got an ordinary Shiny Voucher. It may seem a bit disappointing that some of us didn't get the grand prize, but hey, at least some of us got Shiny or Legendary Vouchers and scratch cards. So better something than nothing, right?

While I am on that topic, for those of you that got a Shiny Voucher of some sort, what Pokemon did you redeem it for (or plan on redeeming)?

I decided on getting a Shiny Rhyhorn so I can get a Shiny Pinkan Rhyhorn. Last time, I did the same for Gible and made that an Ekralyp.

Moved from my previous post.

--------------------

All Pokemon sprites from pokestadium.com
+Quote Post

Dr Electric
post Mar 1 2016, 06:30 AM
Post #98

Group Icon

My Electric Knights

QUOTE(Shaoo @ Mar 1 2016, 04:09 PM) *
Happy march!
I'm so sad I miss again the shiny legend voucher. I'll never get one. *sob*
I'm openning my scratch cards now o/ is it normal to get cards who are empty? %D

@Jade: THIS IS SO TRUE OMG. FREEDOM hahahaha

edit: I'm getting item I don't know what they are, it's weird.

Ok, when you say empty, do you mean totally empty or a lot or two empty. If the latter, then yeah, there is always a chance you might not get a full scratch card.

Well, two new items were introduced today - Shear (for Mareep novelty) and the all time anticipated DNA splicers. happy.gif

--------------------

My shining beauties:

+Quote Post

Shaoo
post Mar 1 2016, 06:43 AM
Post #99

Potterwholock
Group Icon

Member No.: 66 728

the foxies <3

QUOTE(Dr Grammar @ Mar 1 2016, 12:30 PM) *
Ok, when you say empty, do you mean totally empty or a lot or two empty. If the latter, then yeah, there is always a chance you might not get a full scratch card.

Well, two new items were introduced today - Shear (for Mareep novelty) and the all time anticipated DNA splicers. happy.gif

Just some of them ^^ I'm so happy I finally get a light stone, on the very last card, when all hope had vanished haha
Indeed it's the shear. My, I don't know if I can use it or not haha I need to find a mareep egg and see what will happen!

--------------------

Azurite Knights! Click on the banner to know more! *\o/*

QUOTE(Makeltos @ Sep 9 2015, 10:07 PM) *
Ok now I have a cheerleading Vulpix jumping in my mind.

pp @Cycloneblaze
+Quote Post

Manah
post Mar 1 2016, 06:45 AM
Post #100

Made of random and Joltik love / Totally not a fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 080

Diamond Party

Why is it always snowing when I really need/want to hatch something? I'm on an exploration and have a ton of twinkies to make high maturity eggs. xD

Also got Shears. And an egg. Now hatch. *pokes*

--------------------
Pokémon Moon FC: 0877-0881-6378 (Trainer name: June)

~
Buttons made by Arceus Awakened
+Quote Post

62 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:17 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.