Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
62 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
March Community Thread, Please be sure to read the rules before posting!
Sofia
post Mar 1 2016, 02:17 AM
Post #61

Kimi kara kamikorosu ka?
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 4 379

My darlings <3

QUOTE(Sportsfan666 @ Feb 29 2016, 11:14 PM) *
Meh, I feel like an awful person now. I summoned a Tina that I got from scratchcards, and on my second refresh I saw a Ray and impulsed grabbed it, then after it went to my party, the next page had another Ray and I impulse grabbed that too. I'm going to corrupt them and abandon them if they aren't shiny, but I still feel kinda bad about sniping them in the first place, especially two. How do you guys feel about taking legendaries you didn't summon?

Not as bad as I should. I'm pretty quick to yoink them out of the Lab even if they're not mine. I also don't get too terribly disappointed if I lose one - unless I lose a Rayquaza, which is my dream shiny.

(no, those weren't my 'quazas. Although I did just snag someone's Lugia from the Lab)

--------------------
Sofia's Shiny Army

Click this link and help me get a hat!

Avid Onix Fanatic
Random Stuff! (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Mar 1 2016, 02:23 AM
Post #62

It's been awhile since I changed this.
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 506

Active Squad

@Raven -- I'm actually two away too. I had three hunts open for my final shards (Rock/Ice/Electric) but I accidentally hatched a shiny Bonsly and shiny Tynamo (sp?) yesterday. I'm two shards away from my goal now, but I had to start up a hunt for an electric shiny I'm not very fond of. I have no clue what I will hunt once I have all my shards though, so that should be fun when I get there.

@Sofia -- Yeah, I think people are summoning them a lot now, maybe people who got the items from scratchcards? I'm not really a fan of losing them because the only shiny Legendary I have is a heatran that I didn't even summon. I know the chances of summoning a shiny are rare, but that is the same reason I don't release eggs, you never know.

--------------------
+Quote Post

eevee64
post Mar 1 2016, 02:25 AM
Post #63

Trouble Buster
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 574

Bird is the word

QUOTE(Synx Itax @ Mar 1 2016, 02:59 PM) *
Argh. I wish I got Shears in my Scratch Cards (after all, I did make the novelty), but I didn't. sad.gif DNA Splicers would have been cool, too.

I was going to ask who made the Sheared Mareep...it's so adorable! love.gif Can't wait to see what the Woolly Ampharos looks like! -huge Mareep fan- I managed to get 3 sets of Shears from the scratch cards which is nice, all three sheep for my living dex straight away. This also gives me an excuse to shiny hunt Mareep again, once I finish off all my red/pink/white hunts cat.gif

Now I'm on the lookout for DNA Splicers and a Love Flag ^^

--------------------

mareep.gif .: My Anime List .:. What the Flock?! .:. tumblr :.mareep.gif
trinkets (click to show)

stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Sofia
post Mar 1 2016, 02:25 AM
Post #64

Kimi kara kamikorosu ka?
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 379

My darlings <3

Yeah, when I know there's an influx of summon items, I tend to stalk the Lab and steal any missed Legendaries because I'm a HORRIBLE PERSON.

But right now I have three Legendary/Novelties and so they won't even show up in the Lab for me.

--------------------
Sofia's Shiny Army

Click this link and help me get a hat!

Avid Onix Fanatic
Random Stuff! (click to show)
+Quote Post

Silberchen
post Mar 1 2016, 02:26 AM
Post #65

Floofy Friend
Group Icon

Member No.: 150 656

A lighthouse

QUOTE(Sofia @ Mar 1 2016, 08:10 AM) *
Of course it was going to be ranking-based! This event, as opposed to the Hanukkah Event, had drastically MORE opportunities to get coins, therefore the average user would get a lot more coins in this event than in the Hanukkah Event. You can't expect the admins to give out 200 Shiny Legend Vouchers! The point was to reward the ones who worked the hardest with something that is extremely rare.

And why are you even complaining? You got the middle tier! That's better than getting just a regular Legendary, or nothing at all. I got the lowest tier, but I'm happy to have gotten SOMETHING. After all, I work full-time and wasn't able to spend nearly as much time on the site as I would have liked to. Being rewarded with even a little Legendary makes me feel good.

The December event sounded like there coin thresholds, not "the first xx users". Of course, both times the prize tiers were determined after the fact - which is really the main thing I find unfair. If we knew up front that the top say, 10 people would get a voucher, we could be realistic about what effort we want to put in for the prizes.

You're disappointed in your prize also, is it that hard to imagine I'm disappointed in mine? I agree with a lot of the ways the site is run, but I AM going to complain when I genuinely find something is handled badly.
+Quote Post

Dr Electric
post Mar 1 2016, 02:26 AM
Post #66

A wannabe Doctor thinking he already is one.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 230 954

My Electric Knights

QUOTE(Sportsfan666 @ Mar 1 2016, 12:44 PM) *
Meh, I feel like an awful person now. I summoned a Tina that I got from scratchcards, and on my second refresh I saw a Ray and impulsed grabbed it, then after it went to my party, the next page had another Ray and I impulse grabbed that too. I'm going to corrupt them and abandon them if they aren't shiny, but I still feel kinda bad about sniping them in the first place, especially two. How do you guys feel about taking legendaries you didn't summon?

Oh I used to feel awful, not anymore now. I have myself failed a lot of summons so when I get some other's fail summon, I feel it becomes even now. lol.gif And well the lab was flooded with fail summon, I myself sniped a Giratina and Dialga today.

--------------------

PM me for Social Network add request/Shiny race request. I will answer for sure.

My shining beauties:

My groups (click to show)

Avatar credited to Cycloneblaze from Cycloneshop II.

+Quote Post

Jen
post Mar 1 2016, 02:27 AM
Post #67

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

Sofia, that post you made was amazing. Thank you!

I'm looking forward to buying everyone's twinkies from the back room these next couple of days. love.gif Hopefully the lab will stock Pidgey eggs tho so I can use them. Preferably shiny ones. wink.gif

I stopped at 2400 coins. Beautiful since 24 is my favorite number. ^_^.gif Which means that I obtained a shiny voucher but I'm not sure what to do with it yet. On one hand I want to spell out my name with shiny unowns, but on the other hand I could just get a shiny pidgey egg and smear a twinkie on it. Probably just going to hold on to it for now!

I wonder what all the newborn shiny legends will be!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cajun
post Mar 1 2016, 02:28 AM
Post #68

Doing alright. Hope you are too~
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 775

Still miss y'all

@Sportsfan, Sofia
No worries, mate wink.gif (click to show)
Seems there's anther 15 out there even.

--------------------
Inactive but still drop by sometimes.
Best contact is @Cajun#5683 on Discord.

Even when all hope is lost, we will never surrender
And when the music finally ends, you'll always remember
Never. Stop. Dancing.

+Quote Post

Running On Ice
post Mar 1 2016, 02:31 AM
Post #69

There’s a lot of tension in this town
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 626

Active Squad

Well that was a surprise. I ended up grabbing a shiny Heatran and a shiny Feral Zergoose from that drop. Sorry that you're leaving, Cajun. I'll take good care of them!

Now all these elephants are sleepy, so please give them some Chesto berries?

I also had a hunch I was going to end up with another shiny voucher like for December, but it's all right. I'm just proud of the effort I put into it and not trying to get too caught up in the competition.

--------------------
FRIEND CODE: 4527-8945-5766; NAME: Laura
FRIEND SAFARI: NORMAL; PM me so we can trade codes

Clubs and Shinies (click to show)

"Don't take advice from people like me. Do your own thing always"- Chrissie Hynde, from ironically a thing titled "Chrissie Hynde's Advice To Chick Rockers"
+Quote Post

Hiraelle
post Mar 1 2016, 02:40 AM
Post #70

Spheal Lover
Group Icon

Member No.: 68 755

ROULE

So I snagged two legendary eggs from the lab (and don't forget the limit's two per day, people, if you stole two already you won't find more) and a shiny mega Absol from the Safari (which I already had and forgot about).

I'm... kinda disappointed that I got only a Shiny Voucher. I thought 2,500 coins could maybe do it, but anyway I couldn't have made 3,900 (I didn't take Magikarps, Cleffa and Igglybuff because I already have all their families in shiny so yeah, out of the question).
Got myself a Ditto with my Voucher and next time I'll know I'll have to be in the top 10.

--------------------
GO GO POKEMON RANGERS

I took over the group, come and join us !
- Banner by Doctor Octopus
Affiliates : Azurite Knights - Malachite Mages - Shiny Lovers - The Networking Ninjas - The Postal Service

- Banner by eevee64

Made by Cycloneblaze

+Quote Post

Jen
post Mar 1 2016, 02:47 AM
Post #71

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

PIDGEY LOVE

Cajun, did you use a bunch of enigma stones??? I found two! A Latias and a Giratina! Thanks!

Hiraelle, your post made me realize why I wasn't seeing anymore! I forgot about that rule. rofl Thanks for the heads up. :P

WoS, fed your baby ellies. I used a defog power, so they were for sure fed what they desired. happy.gif

Edit: Got your Dedenne too, Chaft.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Chaft
post Mar 1 2016, 02:48 AM
Post #72

Veteran Hunter
Group Icon

Member No.: 118 444

Cutting Crew

I ended up with 2,271 Coins, which places me in #42 for most coins. Last time, I redeemed a Shiny Gible and turned it into an Ekralyp. Maybe I will do Rhyhorn for a Shiny Pinkan Ryhorn.\

On Cajun's drop, I grabbed a Shiny Frost Cherrim, named him after the user.

Edit: Removed my Wild Pokemon.

This post has been edited by Chaft: Mar 1 2016, 06:05 AM

--------------------

All Pokemon sprites from pokestadium.com
+Quote Post

Storskarfen
post Mar 1 2016, 02:49 AM
Post #73

~nyuu...~
Group Icon

Member No.: 53 039

Maemai

I'm really happy with my shiny voucher. It's exactly what I wanted.

Here's what I got from my Scratch Cards (which are super cute):
1. Iron, Nugget, HP Up, Sweet Honey, Pokéchest
2. Protein, Pokéchest, Iron, Star Piece, Pokéchest, Pokéchest
3. Pokéchest, Calcium, Calcium, Carbos, Flame Orb, Pokéchest
4. Escape Rope, Mismagius Grimoire, 1 Credit, Potato Battery, Pokéchest, Heat Rock
5. Light Stone, Protein, Pokéchest, Pokéchest, Heart Sweets, Pokéchest
6. Pokéchest, Iron, Pokéchest, Sweet Honey, Calcium
7. Mismagius Grimoire, Sweet Honey, Escape Rope, Damp Rock, Carbos
8. Heat Rock, Pokéchest, Heart Sweets, Flame Orb, Pokéchest, Flame Orb
9. Pinkan Berries, Blue Stone, Shiny Pokéchest, Potato Battery, Pokéchest, Pokéchest
10. Blue Orb, Star Piece, Shears, HP Up, Flame Orb, Pokéchest
11. HP Up, Sweet Honey, Pokéchest, Pokéchest, HP Up
12. Big Pearl, Carbos, Heat Rock, Sweet Honey, Heart Sweets, Sweet Honey
13. Corruption Orb, DNA Splicers, 1 Credit, Pokéchest, Pearl, Escape Rope
14. Calcium, Flame Orb, Calcium
15. Flame Orb, Dreidel, Sweet Honey, Carbos

I'm most excited about the Credits, Light Stone, DNA Splicers, and Shears. These are all things I have never tried out before!

As for grabbing missed legends, I think it all balances out in the end, and I think it's sadder if a legend waits in the Lab for a long time.

--------------------

Hunting for shiny Spinda!!!

Avatar made by Tymid. So pretty!~
Pokemon Shuffle Friend Code: H6RW-PLKJ
+Quote Post

Hiraelle
post Mar 1 2016, 02:53 AM
Post #74

Spheal Lover
Group Icon

ROULE

QUOTE(Jen @ Mar 1 2016, 08:47 AM) *
Hiraelle, your post made me realize why I wasn't seeing anymore! I forgot about that rule. rofl Thanks for the heads up. :P

Yeah see you forget about it you should totally delete that rule

I realized I just need a DNA Splicer to transform the Mega Absol into regular Absol, that's something I need, so that's good. happy.gif
Now to find one. Can they appear in the Shop?

--------------------
GO GO POKEMON RANGERS

Affiliates : Azurite Knights - Malachite Mages - Shiny Lovers - The Networking Ninjas - The Postal Service

- Banner by eevee64

Made by Cycloneblaze

+Quote Post

Jen
post Mar 1 2016, 03:04 AM
Post #75

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

PIDGEY LOVE

QUOTE(Hiraelle @ Mar 1 2016, 01:53 AM) *
Yeah see you forget about it you should totally delete that rule

haha. but for once that rule makes sense since a lot of people would have hoarded Cajun's summons instead of being forced to let them spread around! :P

They can be sold, so I'd imagine they'll pop up in the backroom. I'll sell mine. It's only one though, so good luck. oh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Hiraelle
post Mar 1 2016, 03:07 AM
Post #76

Spheal Lover
Group Icon

ROULE

QUOTE(Jen @ Mar 1 2016, 09:04 AM) *
They can be sold, so I'd imagine they'll pop up in the backroom. I'll sell mine. It's only one though, so good luck. oh.gif

With how many summon and rare evolutions items I have, I probably can't see them ^^°
Good to know though, thanks

--------------------
GO GO POKEMON RANGERS

- Banner by eevee64

Made by Cycloneblaze

+Quote Post

Dr Electric
post Mar 1 2016, 03:08 AM
Post #77

A wannabe Doctor thinking he already is one.
Group Icon

Member No.: 230 954

My Electric Knights

QUOTE(Hiraelle @ Mar 1 2016, 01:23 PM) *
I realized I just need a DNA Splicer to transform the Mega Absol into regular Absol, that's something I need, so that's good. happy.gif
Now to find one. Can they appear in the Shop?

Considering that scratch cards is the only method to get Splicers at the moment, I guess either will be available in Prize shop soon or it'll be distributed as the SWSH prize like White/Black Stone. I hope for the former happy.gif

--------------------

PM me for Social Network add request/Shiny race request. I will answer for sure.

My shining beauties:

My groups (click to show)

Avatar credited to Cycloneblaze from Cycloneshop II.

+Quote Post

Lini
post Mar 1 2016, 03:22 AM
Post #78

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 199

Active Squad

I honestly can't believe that only the top 12 got the first price, thought I was safe for it just having made sure to keep myself in the top 20 but apparently that was incorrect.

I really hope we can have actual set amounts for the prices next time 'cause this just left me thinking that no matter how hard I try it's not gonna be enough, so why bother trying when/if the coin event comes back next time.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cajun
post Mar 1 2016, 03:23 AM
Post #79

Doing alright. Hope you are too~
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 775

Still miss y'all

Yea, had 5 specific summons and turned in all my Prize Points for 48 Enigmas. Been pretty nonexistant here and figured might as well make it official and get this stuff into the hands that want it.

And it took over an hour but they have all been claimed. All the stuff in the backroom was gone in an instant, but there's still a few cool things floating through the Shelter~

--------------------
Inactive but still drop by sometimes.
Best contact is @Cajun#5683 on Discord.

Even when all hope is lost, we will never surrender
And when the music finally ends, you'll always remember
Never. Stop. Dancing.

+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Mar 1 2016, 03:26 AM
Post #80

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

QUOTE(Silberchen @ Mar 1 2016, 01:26 AM) *
QUOTE(Sofia @ Mar 1 2016, 08:10 AM) *
Of course it was going to be ranking-based! This event, as opposed to the Hanukkah Event, had drastically MORE opportunities to get coins, therefore the average user would get a lot more coins in this event than in the Hanukkah Event. You can't expect the admins to give out 200 Shiny Legend Vouchers! The point was to reward the ones who worked the hardest with something that is extremely rare.

And why are you even complaining? You got the middle tier! That's better than getting just a regular Legendary, or nothing at all. I got the lowest tier, but I'm happy to have gotten SOMETHING. After all, I work full-time and wasn't able to spend nearly as much time on the site as I would have liked to. Being rewarded with even a little Legendary makes me feel good.

The December event sounded like there coin thresholds, not "the first xx users". Of course, both times the prize tiers were determined after the fact - which is really the main thing I find unfair. If we knew up front that the top say, 10 people would get a voucher, we could be realistic about what effort we want to put in for the prizes.

You're disappointed in your prize also, is it that hard to imagine I'm disappointed in mine? I agree with a lot of the ways the site is run, but I AM going to complain when I genuinely find something is handled badly.

We look at how many people got however many coins and go from there, yes. If we said that the top 10 get the top prize, then there'd still be plenty of people collecting coins. The thing is, we wouldn't say how many coins might make you end up in the top 10, so it'd still be a mystery.

In any case, one big reason that prizes are determined after the fact is that things like Shiny Vouchers still need to remain a pretty rare commodity.

I'm seriously hoping that people aren't expecting us to give out 200 Shiny Legendary Vouchers or something.

QUOTE(Lini @ Mar 1 2016, 02:22 AM) *
I honestly can't believe that only the top 12 got the first price, thought I was safe for it just having made sure to keep myself in the top 20 but apparently that was incorrect.

I really hope we can have actual set amounts for the prices next time 'cause this just left me thinking that no matter how hard I try it's not gonna be enough, so why bother trying when/if the coin event comes back next time.

And I reiterate my final point. Why would more than ~10 people get Shiny Legendary Vouchers?

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

62 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 04:19 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.