Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Two BIG Suggestions!, Long post... so get comfy.
tj4bigred
post May 24 2011, 09:50 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 137 303

Platinum Team

As of right now, there are only 3-4 NPC Battles available, correct?
Not a lot to do?
So, I suggest implementing the Gym Leaders, Elite 4 Members, and Champion from every region, perhaps in a different section, entitled "Regions". With Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova trainers to battle, you'd have lot to do, and plenty of places to train. You'd have to start in Kanto and go in the chronological order of battles (Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Ericka, Koga, Sabrina, Blaine, Giovanni, Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Lance, Gary). The Pokemon each trainer has would be the same level and species as it was in the MOST RECENT VERSION OF THE GAME, so HG/SS over G/S and FR/LG over R/B.

But, maybe, MAYBE, you could only battle once per 30 minutes, as in 30 minutes from the start of one battle to the next. Maybe, if people agree to that limitation.

You could rebattle Gym Leaders, where they'd have their rebattle Pokemon, and trainers without in-game rebattles, like Kanto or Unova leaders, would have Pokemon and levels assigned to them.

The Catch
Obviously, you can't use a level 85 Hydreigon against Brock or Misty, so I suggest the usable Pokemon in any battle is limited to those in a game's "Regional Pokedex". (It'd have to be decided whether to use Platinum's or Diamond's/Pearl's Dex because Platinum's is a lot larger.)

No level limit would be implemented, but Pokemon at higher levels would gain nothing from battling level 20 Pokemon...

The battle would reward points and experience, like any battle would (and perhaps TM's from Gym Leaders), and beating a region would unlock rebattles, "titles"(I'll get to that later), and, obviously, the next region.

Discussion about several small things:

Gary's Pokemon
Wallace or Steven (Or Both)
Unova's apparent lack of a champion (Could Use N and Ghetsis instead, or Alder's Pokemon could be a his normal levels)
Cress/Chili/Cilan <-- First Unova Badge

Titles
Perhaps another cool feature that could be added is Titles. Your title could appear under your name, and you could "equip" any title you've unlocked to show off to other users, and friends on your Pal Pad. Titles would use the battle system to earn titles. They could include:

Kanto Champion- Obvious, eh?
Dragon Master MASTER- Beat every Dragon Leader, E4 Member, and Champion that uses Dragon-types
Entrepreneur- Earn 100,000 points from battles.
Ruthless Battler- Beat all Champions at least 10 times.
World Champion- Win in every region.
Title King- Own every other title.

I'm not suggesting these as titles, I'm suggesting titles themselves, and these are generic examples to give you some kind of idea of what I'm talking about. Anywhere your name is, your title could be right below it, not worth anything value-wise per se, but rather for pride, if only to show off.

Please note that I have suggested many things, so don't hyper-focus on just one. If you're going to post, please give an opinion on each of the suggestions.
Any good points will be considered, the post will be edited accordingly, and proper credit will be given.

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Jen
post May 25 2011, 02:00 AM
Post #2

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

QUOTE(tj4bigred @ May 24 2011, 09:50 PM) *
As of right now, there are only 3-4 NPC Battles available, correct?
Not a lot to do?
So, I suggest implementing the Gym Leaders, Elite 4 Members, and Champion from every region, perhaps in a different section, entitled "Regions". With Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova trainers to battle, you'd have lot to do, and plenty of places to train. You'd have to start in Kanto and go in the chronological order of battles (Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Ericka, Koga, Sabrina, Blaine, Giovanni, Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Lance, Gary). The Pokemon each trainer has would be the same level and species as it was in the MOST RECENT VERSION OF THE GAME, so HG/SS over G/S and FR/LG over R/B.

I really think this will be implemented some day. They already put in Giovanni for an exploration, so I really don't doubt this happening. Would definitely love for it to happen, except that all pokemon be at level 100 instead of what they are in the games. It would be even neater if they end up putting opponents before the gym leaders like in the games and pokemon stadium.

But, maybe, MAYBE, you could only battle once per 30 minutes, as in 30 minutes from the start of one battle to the next. Maybe, if people agree to that limitation.

I wouldn't like that. I like being able to move on when there's a win involved especially when there would be so many different challengers.

The Catch
Obviously, you can't use a level 85 Hydreigon against Brock or Misty, so I suggest the usable Pokemon in any battle is limited to those in a game's "Regional Pokedex". (It'd have to be decided whether to use Platinum's or Diamond's/Pearl's Dex because Platinum's is a lot larger.)

Too complicated. I don't want to have to keep constantly switching out my battle pokemon for different regions.

The battle would reward points and experience, like any battle would (and perhaps TM's from Gym Leaders), and beating a region would unlock rebattles, "titles"(I'll get to that later), and, obviously, the next region.

Just like how beating Cypress unlocks the next Cypress, I'm fine with that.

Titles
Perhaps another cool feature that could be added is Titles. Your title could appear under your name, and you could "equip" any title you've unlocked to show off to other users, and friends on your Pal Pad. Titles would use the battle system to earn titles. They could include:

Dragon Master MASTER- Beat every Dragon Leader, E4 Member, and Champion that uses Dragon-types

I'm not suggesting these as titles, I'm suggesting titles themselves, and these are generic examples to give you some kind of idea of what I'm talking about. Anywhere your name is, your title could be right below it, not worth anything value-wise per se, but rather for pride, if only to show off.

I'd rather just have them as achievements.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Bobdapeach
post May 25 2011, 05:38 AM
Post #3

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 28 526

Active Squad

Pretty much what Jen said.

--------------------

+Quote Post

SilverPT
post May 25 2011, 06:21 AM
Post #4

You're one bad day away from being me.
Group Icon

Member No.: 128 888

Active Squad

QUOTE(Jen)
I really think this will be implemented some day. They already put in Giovanni for an exploration, so I really don't doubt this happening. Would definitely love for it to happen, except that all pokemon be at level 100 instead of what they are in the games. It would be even neater if they end up putting opponents before the gym leaders like in the games and pokemon stadium.

This would be definately awesome. They could make a new section to Gym Leaders, then a sub-section that would encompass the opponents and the Gym Leader himself. And I totally agree with the lv. 100 instead of what they are in the games.

QUOTE(tj4bigred)

I only agree with this if applied to the rematch.

QUOTE(tj4bigred)
The Catch

Way too complicated. It would envolve having a lot of equal pokémon to make a lot of teams.

QUOTE(tj4bigred)
Discussion about several small things:

Gary's Pokemon
Wallace or Steven (Or Both)
Unova's apparent lack of a champion (Could Use N and Ghetsis instead, or Alder's Pokemon could be a his normal levels)
Cress/Chili/Cilan <-- First Unova Badge

- If, like you suggested, we follow the remakes, then Gary would be a Gym Leader (and the team would be the same as there);
- Let's follow the animé here: Juan as Gym Leader and Steven as Champion;
- The Unova Champion is Alder. Point.;
- Here I suggest the implementation of triple battles. Would be great and properly to this situation.

QUOTE(tj4bigred)
Titles

I'm with Jen here, achievements/items ftw.

--------------------

Big shoutout to Cycloneblaze for the awesome buttons!

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

tj4bigred
post May 25 2011, 07:56 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 137 303

Platinum Team

So let me make sure I get what every agrees on.

All battles are at level 100, and any Pokemon could be entered.

No limit on battles, but you can't rebattle the same Leader for a set amount of time.

I think just the Johto gyms should used from HG/SS. At least for now.

I meant Gary as Champion for FR/LG. His Pokemon depend on your starter.

No titles, but acheivements and perhaps items.

Is this what we had in mind?

Please forgive typing mistakes, I'm doing this from my phone. :P

--------------------
So this is a signature, eh? Kind of desolate... Let's spice it up!
Vizzed Board! Check it out.

Click my eggs and I'll click yours!

So yeah... that's all for now, I guess.
+Quote Post

SilverPT
post May 25 2011, 12:01 PM
Post #6

You're one bad day away from being me.
Group Icon

Member No.: 128 888

Active Squad

QUOTE(tj4bigred @ May 25 2011, 01:56 PM) *
So let me make sure I get what every agrees on.

All battles are at level 100, and any Pokemon could be entered.

No limit on battles, but you can't rebattle the same Leader for a set amount of time.

I think just the Johto gyms should used from HG/SS. At least for now.

I meant Gary as Champion for FR/LG. His Pokemon depend on your starter.

No titles, but acheivements and perhaps items.

Is this what we had in mind?

Please forgive typing mistakes, I'm doing this from my phone. :P

Yup, I think it's all. xP
I suggested Gary for Gym Leader because Giovanni is already in use for an exploration and not to complicate the choices or make it complex. x)

--------------------

Big shoutout to Cycloneblaze for the awesome buttons!

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:27 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.