Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dex Confirmation
BigSosa
post May 27 2011, 05:36 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 23 276

U MAD

As most of you know, when you are in the Egg Shelter, you see the name of a Pokemon you've already hatched when you hover over it.

How about when your in the Safari Zone, there's something that shows that you've taken this Pokemon in the past? Such as a Pokeball, just like in the actual Pokemon games.

Just a simple suggestion, that's all.

--------------------
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

SilverPT
post May 27 2011, 05:53 PM
Post #2

You're one bad day away from being me.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 128 888

Active Squad

Err, I think this is kinda pointless. :/
Even when I've enter to GPX+ community and start grabbing eggs/pokémons from the Shelter/Safari, I knew what pokémons I had and which ones I don't.

--------------------

Big shoutout to Cycloneblaze for the awesome buttons!

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

BigSosa
post May 27 2011, 06:00 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

U MAD

QUOTE(SilverPT @ May 27 2011, 06:53 PM) *
Even when I've enter to GPX+ community and start grabbing eggs/pokémons from the Shelter/Safari, I knew what pokémons I had and which ones I don't.

I disagree with you completely. I think it's honestly helpful regarding dex completion achievements. And I've lost track of what I have or haven't, it's been literally a year since I joined >_>

--------------------

+Quote Post

Slix
post May 27 2011, 06:08 PM
Post #4

Poliwag Awesome Dude
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 353

Poliwag!

I think it's pointless. I only started grabbing Pokémon once I got all the egg dex's.

--------------------

Looking for a small, close, friendly community where you can hang out, talk about Pokémon and anything, and have fun?
Check out Poliwager Forums!
+Quote Post

BigSosa
post May 27 2011, 06:09 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

U MAD

QUOTE(Slix @ May 27 2011, 07:08 PM) *
I think it's pointless. I only started grabbing Pokémon once I got all the egg dex's.

I don't think you understand what I mean. I'm for this concept because it would help with the egg dex's.

--------------------

+Quote Post

SilverPT
post May 27 2011, 06:30 PM
Post #6

You're one bad day away from being me.
Group Icon

Member No.: 128 888

Active Squad

QUOTE(Kanye Omari West @ May 28 2011, 12:00 AM) *
QUOTE(SilverPT @ May 27 2011, 06:53 PM) *

I disagree with you completely. I think it's honestly helpful regarding dex completion achievements. And I've lost track of what I have or haven't, it's been literally a year since I joined >_>

If you don't remember, just go to your PC and search using the filters. The "Species" filter resolves your "lack of memory". :/

--------------------

Big shoutout to Cycloneblaze for the awesome buttons!

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

MrFuckUp
post May 27 2011, 06:34 PM
Post #7

breathe
Group Icon

Member No.: 80 019

team rocket

I find this idea pointless due to the fact that you can simply go to your dex and look at what does and does not have an egg image in its profile.
Second, you changed your motive in that last post.
How would Safari pick-ups benefit the Egg Dex? If you pick something up that you don't have egg dex data for, you'll see the Question Mark symbol.

--------------------
"something will go here"

+Quote Post

BigSosa
post May 27 2011, 07:33 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

U MAD

QUOTE(Merchant @ May 27 2011, 07:34 PM) *
I find this idea pointless due to the fact that you can simply go to your dex and look at what does and does not have an egg image in its profile.
Second, you changed your motive in that last post.
How would Safari pick-ups benefit the Egg Dex? If you pick something up that you don't have egg dex data for, you'll see the Question Mark symbol.

Actually I got a bit mixed up, what I'm trying to say is that I'd want this idea for the Pokemon Dex, not the egg dex. Sorry about the mix up. And yes, that's an alternative though.. And I'm aware I changed my motive, I got mixed up.

--------------------

+Quote Post

TygeroftheWynd
post May 28 2011, 09:21 AM
Post #9

Tamer of Tygers
Group Icon

Member No.: 39 081

My Faves

I would find it useful, especially if there is a legendary in the safari zone.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Squallina
post Jun 1 2011, 05:38 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 100 265

The S-Team

When I suggested this a while back, I was told that it's already been suggested a number of times and not implemented. I agree with you. There should be a way to tell, be it a mini-Pokeball, or a "Mystery Pokemon" (like we have "Mystery egg"). In order for me to complete all the regional dexes (as in physically have every single Pokemon, not just their evolutions), I have labeled my boxes, then need to click open an extra window, load the Pokedex (I actually use the official Pokemon.com dex - just personal preference), check which Pokemon go in this box by calculating the number range of what will fit in the box (this will become much harder when I start collecting different forms,) search for the Pokemon I have (using the suggestion that someone has already said here), then if I have that Pokemon, I move it to said position, and if I don't have it (or it's pre-evolution), I go to the Safari Zone and refresh it repeatedly to see if the Pokemon I want is in there and claim it. Sometimes I've already hatched the eggs of certain Pokemon but didn't keep that Pokemon or I evolved it, so yes I do search the egg shelter too.

Because I'm not familiar with many Pokemon beyond generation II, and my memory isn't so great that I can remember the names of 600 Pokemon and whether or not I've already caught them once before, two things would make this process much easier on me and other users like myself.

1. National Pokedex numbering within the stats
2. Mystery Pokemon/Mini-Pokeball feature

I have a feeling the people who are say these two features are completely useless, aren't the ones who are neatly cataloging all 600 Pokemon, including different forms (and every evolution or pre-evolutions in the case of placeholders). Or they have incredible memories.

Yes, there are many other ways to pull off cataloging without either of these two suggestions, but isn't the point of a suggestion to make the gameplay more user-friendly? Some people might say it's more fun without but I don't see how. Is knowing the Pokedex number and whether you've caught that Pokemon or not before really going to make it less fun? Then again, if you're concentrating on egg-hatching a) you already know if you've hatched a certain egg or not thanks to Mystery Egg (no difference there) and b) Pokemon numbering wouldn't take away from it either because eggs aren't numbered.

If there are legitimate reasons (such as rule-breaking or egg hoarding) and ways they can be pulled off because of the above two suggestions, then I will gladly drop it and slowly continue on the way I've been doing. I also don't think "Pointless" is a legitimate reason here, as there are obviously a number of people who would benefit from this system (as evidenced by the number of times it's been suggested). If it's pointless to you, then perhaps you're not one of those people. (I find changing page colors to what you want pointless and useless to my gameplay. Doesn't mean I think no one uses it, or jump on forums and reply to similar suggestions with "Pointless.")

BTW TygeroftheWynd, you avatar is awesome! laughing.gif

--------------------

My Blobbit is coming to suhck yor bluuuud!

Beware of Golbat
Unknown Dungeon (Cerulean Cave) 1996-1999
+Quote Post

Jen
post Jun 1 2011, 06:10 PM
Post #11

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

QUOTE(Sakurai @ Jun 1 2011, 05:38 PM) *
Because I'm not familiar with many Pokemon beyond generation II, and my memory isn't so great that I can remember the names of 600 Pokemon and whether or not I've already caught them once before, two things would make this process much easier on me and other users like myself.

I didn't know anything of the generation 3 pokemon and above either when I joined this site.

This suggestion has been brought up before and I still don't understand why it's so hard to use the Pokedex list. Chances are you're going to have to evolve the pokemon yourself, and if you've been hatching eggs for the eggdex then you will constantly get the icon next to the pre-evolved pokemon, anyways. You'd have to be lucky to be in the safari at the right time whenever someone is to drop their evolved pokemon.

Me and several others here completed their dexes using the dex list. Here's the link. http://gpxplus.net/dex/list

--------------------

+Quote Post

Squallina
post Jun 1 2011, 06:29 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

The S-Team

QUOTE(Jen @ Jun 2 2011, 08:10 AM) *
QUOTE(Sakurai @ Jun 1 2011, 05:38 PM) *

I didn't know anything of the generation 3 pokemon and above either when I joined this site.

This suggestion has been brought up before and I still don't understand why it's so hard to use the Pokedex list. Chances are you're going to have to evolve the pokemon yourself, and if you've been hatching eggs for the eggdex then you will constantly get the icon next to the pre-evolved pokemon, anyways. You'd have to be lucky to be in the safari at the right time whenever someone is to drop their evolved pokemon.

Me and several others here completed their dexes using the dex list. Here's the link. http://gpxplus.net/dex/list

The fact that I still have to use any type of dex list to know which Pokemon I have and be able to categorize them correctly, is the inconvenience. I already stated it's not impossible to do it all using a dex, but I also stated the entire process I go through to do it all. I've also only been picking up the pre-evolutions in the Safari Zone (took me a bit of brain power to remember that Bellossom comes from Oddish) which are pretty easy if they're common Pokemon. Alternatively, if I've hatched them before, I can just as easily find the eggs of the common Pokemon I seek in the Egg Shelter.

I'd still like to hear some downsides to the suggestion, which don't involve a repeat of "go look at the dex", which I'm (and I'm sure many others too) are already doing. We're making these suggestions because the dex doesn't cut it for hardcore cataloging. I bet those opposed would feel quite differently if every egg in the shelter remained labeled "Mystery Egg" forever.

EDIT: Another problem with using the list is that it isn't in National Dex order and can't be changed. If I'm doing Kanto region, then Crobat has no place being after Golbat. I only know this because I'm familiar with Generation I and II. When it comes to III onward, I won't know which Pokemon belongs in which region if I use that list. Besides, even in any version of the GPX+ Dex itself there is no numbering anywhere. Not even on the Pokemon's info page. In other words, unless I've caught every single Pokemon, and hatched every single egg out there, I will have no idea which order all the Pokemon go in. Hatching eggs is fun, but being able to know within the Safari Zone which Pokemon I haven't caught yet would be a nice bonus. Numbering would be even nicer, but that's getting off topic, and has received similar rebuttals.

This post has been edited by Sakurai: Jun 1 2011, 07:18 PM

--------------------

Beware of Golbat
+Quote Post

Arceus Awakened
post Jun 4 2011, 05:41 PM
Post #13

Suicune is the most beautiful of all ♥
Group Icon

Member No.: 80 219

My favourites~

I do like this idea~

I'm going for the Pokedex achievements in-between Shiny Hunts and this would help a lot cat.gif

--------------------

~ freelance spriter | shiny collector | aspiring trinketeer ~

Project Arceus (click to show)

+Quote Post

MM96180
post Jun 5 2011, 03:31 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 273

Active Squad

While this could be helpful to few, I think too many would find it too useless to actually be worth doing.

--------------------
My Party:
+Quote Post

Squallina
post Jun 5 2011, 06:12 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

The S-Team

QUOTE(ChopDopple @ Jun 6 2011, 05:31 AM) *
While this could be helpful to few, I think too many would find it too useless to actually be worth doing.

The Safari Zone is there for us to claim Pokemon, and I'm pretty sure a good number of people are getting good use out of the Safari Zone. On top of that, knowing which Pokemon I've caught and not, (not just hatched) would be really handy, especially, as someone said earlier, for legendaries. If I see a Groudon and a Lvl 100 Meganium on the page at the same time, I might hesitate as to which one to grab. I know I might only have a second or two, but knowing at a glance if I have one of them already would make my decision easier and might even save me some shelter grabs. Well maybe some people would prefer to horde Groudon, but if I've already got one so I'd prefer the Meganium. Legendary or not, this is the same for me collecting Gen III, IV and V Pokemon. I've never seen most of them, so knowing if I've got one or not would help me if I'm browsing the Safari Zone and see something interesting!

I'm sure there are some people who don't use the Safari Zone at all in which case they wouldn't care about something like this, but some of us (enough to suggest this same thing over and over) would really like to see it implemented because it would be helpful.

This post has been edited by Sakurai: Jun 5 2011, 06:17 PM

--------------------

Beware of Golbat
+Quote Post

MM96180
post Jun 6 2011, 09:50 AM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 273

Active Squad

QUOTE(Sakurai @ Jun 5 2011, 07:12 PM) *
QUOTE(ChopDopple @ Jun 6 2011, 05:31 AM) *

The Safari Zone is there for us to claim Pokemon, and I'm pretty sure a good number of people are getting good use out of the Safari Zone. On top of that, knowing which Pokemon I've caught and not, (not just hatched) would be really handy, especially, as someone said earlier, for legendaries. If I see a Groudon and a Lvl 100 Meganium on the page at the same time, I might hesitate as to which one to grab. I know I might only have a second or two, but knowing at a glance if I have one of them already would make my decision easier and might even save me some shelter grabs. Well maybe some people would prefer to horde Groudon, but if I've already got one so I'd prefer the Meganium. Legendary or not, this is the same for me collecting Gen III, IV and V Pokemon. I've never seen most of them, so knowing if I've got one or not would help me if I'm browsing the Safari Zone and see something interesting!

I'm sure there are some people who don't use the Safari Zone at all in which case they wouldn't care about something like this, but some of us (enough to suggest this same thing over and over) would really like to see it implemented because it would be helpful.

I wasn't talking about using the Safari Zone, I'm saying that I doubt very many people would need this suggestion implemented.

--------------------
My Party:
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 09:15 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.