Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

28 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
A guide to mass-clicking!, FireFox, Opera, Safari (Opera 11 update)
m190049
post Jan 18 2010, 01:11 AM
Post #61

Your local psychopath
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 44 497

Fav 3 & Fav 3 Legends

I just wanted to contribute something, which might be useful.

Pertaining to the "if you're having trouble with berries not showing up as text" thing... Personally, when I set it to "Block Images from gpxplus.net", berries and other images did NOT show up as text, and instead appeared as if the images disappeared- which made berries unclickable.
However, when I instead went to Firefox's options, and turned "Load imaged automatically" off, images DID appear as text, and I was able to click berries.

Don't know if this was said already, but if it wasn't, hope this helps, to whatever extent.

This post has been edited by m190049: Jan 18 2010, 01:12 AM

--------------------

My Eggs & Pokémon:

Head Administrator of the
:. GPX+ Wiki .:
I hope you find it useful!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Rofl Copter
post Jan 18 2010, 01:37 AM
Post #62

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 43 628

Sought Shinies

@ mnumbersperson: That's what AT said in the guide :S

--------------------

Doctor Octopus made this beasty thing. Go check her out!

+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Jan 18 2010, 01:47 AM
Post #63

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 837

Active Squad

QUOTE(Kajiek @ Jan 18 2010, 03:15 PM) *
Use Control + -(Ctrl-) to zoom out a little, for people who have six poke parties, or for getting a few easy links on the Online list, make sure you do it before you open the tabs though, or it gets annoying.

Alternatively, CTRL + scroll wheel will allow you to zoom in or out. Forwards for zoom in; backwards for zoom out.

It's nice to know that you guys are clicking a lot faster now. That said, good luck getting all the clicking achievements that may have been out of reach before! happy.gif
+Quote Post

layze
post Jan 18 2010, 01:54 AM
Post #64

Burninating the countryside since 2003!
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 711

Active Squad

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the pipelining thing put a strain on the servers? I mean, they weren't doing so hot to begin with...

--------------------
Hello, children! Today, I will tell a story; a story of the creation of the universe.

Be warned, as this story may contain harsh language and conflict with your entirely incorrect religion! You have been warned!

*ahem*

Spoiler (click to showhide)

And that is how the universe was created! Over the years a few bits were lost in translation, like the No-Breakfast Pillar became the "Spear Pillar" and the Breakfast Flute became the "Azure Flute", but it is still mostly intact. So long as you don't listen to those ****ing communist-ass Pokedexes. Feel free to PM me if you want the full story on the origin of any of the other legendary Pokemon!

I'm clicking back again, so feel free to help me out.
+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Jan 18 2010, 02:18 AM
Post #65

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(layze @ Jan 18 2010, 05:54 PM) *
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the pipelining thing put a strain on the servers? I mean, they weren't doing so hot to begin with...

To be honest, I have no idea... I just found the info when I was googling a way to combat lag, and that's what I got. There was nothing else on the page other than flash-player not working and pages coming up with broken links if you set the loading speed too fast.

If it does, I'll remove the info. (I set mine to default anyways; my comp didn't run much better afterwards)

This post has been edited by Arceus thrasher: Jan 18 2010, 02:21 AM
+Quote Post

ChiExe
post Jan 18 2010, 02:48 PM
Post #66

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 145

The best team ever!

I have a question....This guide helped but only to get barely over 1,000 interactions at the end of the day unsure.gif Not saying your guide is bad but still,is it my computer/internet or anything else that stops me from getting a not so high amount of clicks.I just do (almost) exactly the same thing like your guide unsure.gif Do you know what might be the cause of this...?
+Quote Post

Pizza Guy111
post Jan 18 2010, 03:15 PM
Post #67

Humble Soldier
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 986

The Brigade

QUOTE(RoxasXIII @ Jan 18 2010, 02:48 PM) *
I have a question....This guide helped but only to get barely over 1,000 interactions at the end of the day unsure.gif Not saying your guide is bad but still,is it my computer/internet or anything else that stops me from getting a not so high amount of clicks.I just do (almost) exactly the same thing like your guide unsure.gif Do you know what might be the cause of this...?

How long were you clicking?
For me it takes about an hour to get 1000....

--------------------
Stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Wanderer Airride
post Jan 18 2010, 03:24 PM
Post #68

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 73 771

Shark Army

Instead of using the 'zoomer' use CTRL+zoom out and scroll through, it makes it ALOT faster to click.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Jan 18 2010, 05:29 PM
Post #69

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(RoxasXIII @ Jan 19 2010, 06:48 AM) *

My only guess here is you weren't clicking for very long. Either that, or you're clicking slowly. Like PizzaGuy, it only takes me an hour to get that many, and that's if I can't be bothered clicking. =/

I can't be too sure if it's your net letting you down here. Even in lag, it's still easy enough to get 3k, and the tab-loading is kinda laggy at this stage.

I'd recommend trying again straight after reset (or as soon after as possible), then see what results you get.
+Quote Post

Something is Odd...
post Jan 18 2010, 06:46 PM
Post #70

Hey! Where's the clicker?
Group Icon

From: Not sure, no visible landmarks. Perhaps one of the moons of Venus?
Member No.: 13 801

You're in trouble now

For closing the tabs you should try Close Other Tabs
Close other tabs adds the following three keyboard shortcuts to Firefox:

- Ctrl+Shift+F3 closes all tabs on the left of the active one
- Ctrl+Shift+F4 closes all tabs except the active one
- Ctrl+Shift+F5 closes all tabs on the right of the active one

Mac OS users press Command instead of Ctrl.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Rofl Copter
post Jan 18 2010, 06:54 PM
Post #71

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 628

Sought Shinies

Thanks for that Rob. I was using the long way to that >.>

--------------------

Doctor Octopus made this beasty thing. Go check her out!

+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Jan 18 2010, 08:03 PM
Post #72

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Robert Conley @ Jan 19 2010, 10:46 AM) *
For closing the tabs you should try Close Other Tabs
Close other tabs adds the following three keyboard shortcuts to Firefox:

- Ctrl+Shift+F3 closes all tabs on the left of the active one
- Ctrl+Shift+F4 closes all tabs except the active one
- Ctrl+Shift+F5 closes all tabs on the right of the active one

Mac OS users press Command instead of Ctrl.

Cheers, mate. That method looks far easier.
+Quote Post

Kazz
post Jan 18 2010, 08:47 PM
Post #73

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 330

Active Squad

Along with these other tab methods, I personally use multiple tab handler because it allows you an option to close just the similar tabs. Sometimes when clicking I may have the forums or some other site open and don't want to close all tabs so I can opt to close just gpx tabs besides w/e tab I close them from. You can also select specific tabs if you only want to close a few. There's other stuff you can do too but you guys can read that from the link.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Jan 19 2010, 01:18 AM
Post #74

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Izzy Swagg @ Jan 19 2010, 12:47 PM) *
Along with these other tab methods, I personally use multiple tab handler because it allows you an option to close just the similar tabs. Sometimes when clicking I may have the forums or some other site open and don't want to close all tabs so I can opt to close just gpx tabs besides w/e tab I close them from. You can also select specific tabs if you only want to close a few. There's other stuff you can do too but you guys can read that from the link.

Thanks, Izzy. I'll add this to the front page as well. happy.gif

Oh, and for those of who who had some concerns with the configuration settings putting strain on the server, it was this one:

network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server change to 8 (default: 6)

This preference takes values between 1 and 255 inclusive, directly corresponding to the maximum number of HTTP keep-alive connections the application can have open at once to a single server.

It is, however, considered poor etiquette to make too many connections to a server and may lead to you being banned from that server. Anything above 10 is excessive.

For that reason, I didn't bother adding this to the original configuration settings guide in case some people tried to abuse it.
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Jan 19 2010, 01:48 AM
Post #75

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 857

This has helped me a ton. I've nearly doubled the normal amount of interactions I do on mass-clicking days.
Thank you so much.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Pizza Guy111
post Jan 19 2010, 02:46 AM
Post #76

Humble Soldier
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 986

The Brigade

I do have a question:

You use Ctrl + Tab to move one tab to the right, is there a key combo to move one tab to the left? I get annoyed when my time gets wasted having to click the tab to get ones I miss. irritated.gif

--------------------
Stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Retrospect
post Jan 19 2010, 03:21 AM
Post #77

Back from the dead... sort of.
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 279

Active Squad

QUOTE(Pizza Guy111 @ Jan 19 2010, 12:46 AM) *
I do have a question:

You use Ctrl + Tab to move one tab to the right, is there a key combo to move one tab to the left? I get annoyed when my time gets wasted having to click the tab to get ones I miss. irritated.gif

Ctrl + Shift + Tab

Just thought I'd share a few tips for Firefox users. If you right-click any open tab, even one you're not actively on, there should be an option to 'close other tabs' which will close all tabs except the one from which you opened the menu from.

If you have a scroll wheel, clicking it will open a link in a new tab. If you don't, you can also Ctrl + click and it will have the same effect.

If when you click "Open all Pokemon in new windows." on a user's page and it sends you to the last page, go to the about:config advanced settings. Search for browser.tabs.loadDivertedInBackground and set it to True.

Now you should be able to do what I do:
1. Go to the Users Online list and scroll wheel/ctrl + click people's names. I generally open about 15-20 parties on a slower connection and upwards to 50 on fast connection.
2. Ctrl + Tab (or W just to close the tabs) through each party making sure to click on "Open all Pokemon in new windows."
3. Ctrl + Tab through all the pokemon/eggs and feed/warm them.
4. When you're back at the beginning, right click the tab and select "Close Other Tabs".
5. Rinse, repeat.

EDIT: The only add-ons I use are adblock and greasemonkey which I use for other sites.

This post has been edited by Retrospect: Jan 19 2010, 03:23 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Sofia
post Jan 19 2010, 04:30 AM
Post #78

Kimi kara kamikorosu ka?
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 379

My darlings <3

*Stamps this thread with Sofia's Seal of Approval... said stamp coincidentally resembling an Onix*

Sofia approves of this thread clap.gif

Why'd your rant thread get locked, Arceus?

--------------------
Sofia's Shiny Army

Click this link and help me get a hat!

Avid Onix Fanatic
Random Stuff! (click to show)
+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Jan 19 2010, 04:37 AM
Post #79

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Sofia @ Jan 19 2010, 08:30 PM) *
*Stamps this thread with Sofia's Seal of Approval... said stamp coincidentally resembling an Onix*

Sofia approves of this thread clap.gif

Why'd your rant thread get locked, Arceus?

I was banned at one stage because I was mistaken for using bots, so the thread was locked. Plus, there were some users still posting questions for me afterwards.

I could have had it unlocked, but I thought I'd just make a new one to stop other users from tying the subject of the rant into their posts. The rant had already served its purpose, so I no longer had a need for it.

On the subject of FireFox, hopefully 3.7 will be a hell of a lot faster than what 3.5 is. My end runs like crap if I open anymore than 15 parties now. -_-2.gif
+Quote Post

Sideswipe08
post Jan 19 2010, 06:16 AM
Post #80

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 60 459

Favourite

EDIT I FOUND OUT HOW

This post has been edited by dannya 96: Jan 19 2010, 06:17 AM

--------------------
CLICK MY PARTY PLEASE

Scythe96's party(permission) CLICK THEM PLEASE
KARI
my precious (click to show)

groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:52 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.