Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Mystery Gift - Gizmokarp's Fakemon Workshop
Not Gizmo
post Apr 3 2012, 03:47 PM
Post #1

it's not a trolley
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 115 631

*splahes about*

Welcome to my Fakemon Workshop! It's been a while since I've sprited anything, so to keep my spriting skills up to par, and to strengthen my Fakemon-making skills, I have decided to start taking Fakemom requests. If you intend on making a request, make sure you continue reading down below. If you'd like to see some examples, you can check out my old, abandoned Fakemon dex-thingy (which i might get back to completing in the future), or look through some already completed requests.

Give me a brief moment to explain how to make a request. Basically, all you have to do is give me the Fakemon's name (this isn't required, but helps boost my creativity), the Fakemon's typing (Fire, Water, Grass, etc. if it's dual typed, tell me both types), and give me a small paragraph or description describing the Fakemon. This is possibly the most important of the three; I'm not asking you to write me an essay, but you really need to be as descriptive as possible. The more details you give me, the higher the chances are that you will get what you want, as well as the Fakemon coming out better, in quality. Remember to give me details describing it's body parts, as well as it's color. You can even give me details on It's personality and other things in that nature; the more details, the better. Below is the request form that you must use, as well as a couple more rules that you must read, if you intend on requesting.

Here's the Request Form. just copy+paste it and fill it out ---
Name - (the Fakemon's name. this isn't required.)
Type(s) - (the Fakemon's type/types; only 1-2 types. if you'd like, you may use a fake/made-up type of your own)
Description - (this is where all of your Fakemon's details will go. for best results, be as descriptive as possible! i will not be making a Fakemon's sprite any bigger than 100x100, so don't request something that you know will need a ton more space than that. Don't make a request that isn't a Fakemon. for an example, don't request for a Charizard with Garchomp legs, Pikachu ears, a Raichu tail, and Zoroark arms. that's not a Fakemon, that's a splice/fusion. please be as original and creative as possible; i work very hard to make these Fakemons, as they take an average 4-6 hours to complete, and are completely made from scratch)

Please read the following rules. they are very important and you must read them if your going to make a request ---
- I absolutely despise thieves with a fiery passion. ...basically, don't be an art thief. seriously.
- you may only post your request if there is a slot open under "Pending". Currently, there is a maximum of only 1 slot available; if there are no names under "Pending", then you may post your request. Also, watch out for others who may have already requested and have still not yet been accepted.
- After posting your request, and once accepted, it will go under "Pending". Once your request has been completed, it will go under "Dismissal", and I will await for your confirmation that you are satisfied with the result. If you are, then your request needs no further editing and you will be removed from "Dismissal". If you are not satisfied, then explain why, and what you'd like for me to fix/change, and i will make any desired changes until you are satisfied with the result (during this time, your name will remain under "Dismissal").
- do NOT 'reserve' a request or post. I hate it when people do that, as it prevents others from having a chance to actually request.
- Please provide credit when using my work.
- You may NOT edit/change my work. You may, however, use it/include it in your own graphic or work, but you must ask me for permission first.
- You can't request more than once per day.
- if you understand and have read everything above (this includes the rules, request form, and the brief explanation on how to make a request), then put a Slowpoke, Porygon, Shuckle, Magikarp, or Delibird anywhere in your request when you post it (only pick one).

~ if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! ~

.:: Pending ::.
True Blue

.:: Dismissal ::.
- - - - -

This post has been edited by Gizmokarp: Apr 7 2012, 06:09 AM

--------------------

.: x :.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

LentilStuck
post Apr 3 2012, 03:56 PM
Post #2

I iz are ded?
Group Icon

Member No.: 111 150

IMMA MUSHROOM U

Bahh Gizomokarp Fakemon <3

Name - Hummel
Type(s) - Grass/Flying
Description - Here's a picture I made. For a written description, let's see...
shuckle.gif
A dark-green Hummingbird Pokemon. It has four wings (Two on each side) in the shape of leaves, and a tail made up of a cluster of leaves. The leaves are light green. It has a short, pointy, golden-yellow beak and its eyes are all black. It also has two small buds on its head. These are the same color as the wings, and oval-shaped when seen from above. It has no legs.

--------------------

Artz! (click to show)
Kela+Kevin+Kyle (click to show)
Credit to... (click to show)
||
+Quote Post

Not Gizmo
post Apr 3 2012, 04:01 PM
Post #3

it's not a trolley
Group Icon

*splahes about*

QUOTE(Nommer of the Mew @ Apr 3 2012, 04:56 PM) *
Bahh Gizomokarp Fakemon <3

Name - Hummel
Type(s) - Grass/Flying
Description - Here's a picture I made. For a written description, let's see...
shuckle.gif
A dark-green Hummingbird Pokemon. It has four wings (Two on each side) in the shape of leaves, and a tail made up of a cluster of leaves. The leaves are light green. It has a short, pointy, golden-yellow beak and its eyes are all black. It also has two small buds on its head. These are the same color as the wings, and oval-shaped when seen from above. It has no legs.

...that was fast. o.o

mmkay, it's accepted. the reference image will really help too~ c:
i'll just go ahead and get started on it now, since i'm already feeling in the spriting mood, then get to that next contest already..... /delay

--------------------

+Quote Post

MementoMori
post Apr 3 2012, 04:34 PM
Post #4

Steel Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 571

Gym Team(+Ferrothorn)

Nyaaaa- Too slow. pinch.gif Darn you, doctor's appointment... (If I were to request could I just give you a pic instead of a description? :0 I could do both, like the above poster too.)

*sits in to wait*
+Quote Post

Not Gizmo
post Apr 3 2012, 04:55 PM
Post #5

it's not a trolley
Group Icon

*splahes about*

QUOTE(Negative Diamond @ Apr 3 2012, 05:34 PM) *
Nyaaaa- Too slow. pinch.gif Darn you, doctor's appointment... (If I were to request could I just give you a pic instead of a description? :0 I could do both, like the above poster too.)

*sits in to wait*

if you'd like to, you can provide a reference picture. you must still provide a description of some sort, as any possible extra details would be nice, but you don't have to put in anything that isn't already in the reference image, so your description doesn't have to be very long at all. (basically, like Nommer's post)

i'll add this to the first post later, didn't even think about references.

--------------------

+Quote Post

MementoMori
post Apr 3 2012, 05:43 PM
Post #6

Steel Gym Leader
Group Icon

Gym Team(+Ferrothorn)

Alright. I'll write up my post while I wait. xD
+Quote Post

Not Gizmo
post Apr 3 2012, 06:18 PM
Post #7

it's not a trolley
Group Icon

*splahes about*

@Nommer of the Mew -

Hummel

there ya' go~
the reason for it looking "plain" is because the concept of the fakemon is "plain" on it's own, just to clarify.... erm, not that your fakemon sucks or anything, just saying. ^ ^;
also, it feels like the sprite came out a little too big. if you'd like, i can re-size it and make it a bit smaller, though that would certainly take quite a bit of time.

either way, let me know if your fine with it or not~

EDIT - i'll also be adding a new rule; you are not allowed to request more than once in the same day. this should give other people an opportunity to request.

This post has been edited by Gizmokarp: Apr 6 2012, 02:35 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

MementoMori
post Apr 3 2012, 06:33 PM
Post #8

Steel Gym Leader
Group Icon

Gym Team(+Ferrothorn)

Name: Occidere
Types: Water/Fire
Description: Here's a reference And... hmm.

A two headed serpent. The left head is orange with a red spot on it, and has six horns on the back and one horn on the nose. The right head is blue with a darker blue spot, two spikes on each side of the jawline, and two large curved horns on the top of the head. Both heads have yellow eyes. The colors continue down the body, slightly blending, and both get darker and darker until it's finally completely black at the tail. The tip of the tail is a triangular silver blade. slowpoke.gif

This post has been edited by Negative Diamond: Apr 3 2012, 06:33 PM
+Quote Post

Luminey Mujitsu
post Apr 3 2012, 06:34 PM
Post #9

Novice Spriter
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 072

Fun Team

magikarp.gif
Name - Poonda
Type(s) - Normal
Description - Very cute a plush-like panda. The main colors should be Light Pink, Light Blue, and White. Make the usually "black" parts of the panda blue and pink. Kind of like spots I guess. If you can think of anything else to make it ultra cute, then go for it! Also maybe give it the irresistible glass looking, cute eyes.

--------------------

~ ~
=
Stuff Made for Me (click to show)
Sigs and Support Banners (click to show)
+Quote Post

Not Gizmo
post Apr 3 2012, 06:36 PM
Post #10

it's not a trolley
Group Icon

*splahes about*

QUOTE(Negative Diamond @ Apr 3 2012, 07:33 PM) *
Name: Occidere
Types: Water/Fire
Description: Here's a reference And... hmm.

A two headed serpent. The left head is orange with a red spot on it, and has six horns on the back and one horn on the nose. The right head is blue with a darker blue spot, two spikes on each side of the jawline, and two large curved horns on the top of the head. Both heads have yellow eyes. The colors continue down the body, slightly blending, and both get darker and darker until it's finally completely black at the tail. The tip of the tail is a triangular silver blade. slowpoke.gif

alrighty, got it~
*accepted

i'll most likely get this done by tomorrow morning, since i have something to do later.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Not Gizmo
post Apr 3 2012, 06:38 PM
Post #11

it's not a trolley
Group Icon

*splahes about*

QUOTE(Luminey Mujitsu @ Apr 3 2012, 07:34 PM) *
magikarp.gif
Name - Poonda
Type(s) - Normal
Description - Very cute a plush-like panda. The main colors should be Light Pink, Light Blue, and White. Make the usually "black" parts of the panda blue and pink. Kind of like spots I guess. If you can think of anything else to make it ultra cute, then go for it! Also maybe give it the irresistible glass looking, cute eyes.

(sorry for the double post) ~

Negative Diamond just took the slot, so you'll have to wait until that request is done, then re-post your form.

also, i remember that panda thing, :P
i have an unfinished drawing of the idea, which i was gonna sprite and all, before the my thread died of course.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Calming Madman
post Apr 3 2012, 07:00 PM
Post #12

FINISH HIM.
Group Icon

Member No.: 131 527

3rd Street Saints

Uh, what's a fakemon?

--------------------

Credit to cycloneblaze and NegativeDiamond.

I used to be a adventurer like you, until I took a arrow to the knee.
+Quote Post

Not Gizmo
post Apr 3 2012, 07:04 PM
Post #13

it's not a trolley
Group Icon

*splahes about*

QUOTE(The Hunger Games @ Apr 3 2012, 08:00 PM) *
Uh, what's a fakemon?

a made-up/fan-made pokemon.

google it for more info~

--------------------

+Quote Post

LentilStuck
post Apr 3 2012, 08:12 PM
Post #14

I iz are ded?
Group Icon

Member No.: 111 150

IMMA MUSHROOM U

Thank you so much! <3 I know Hummel is plain, I have some other concepts, but the ideas aren't fully ironed out and I didn't want anyone else to take my beautiful slot. >:] I love how it came out, though, and I don't mind that it's a bit big. happy.gif

--------------------

Artz! (click to show)
Kela+Kevin+Kyle (click to show)
Credit to... (click to show)
||
+Quote Post

Not Gizmo
post Apr 3 2012, 08:41 PM
Post #15

it's not a trolley
Group Icon

*splahes about*

QUOTE(Nommer of the Mew @ Apr 3 2012, 09:12 PM) *
Thank you so much! <3 I know Hummel is plain, I have some other concepts, but the ideas aren't fully ironed out and I didn't want anyone else to take my beautiful slot. >:] I love how it came out, though, and I don't mind that it's a bit big. happy.gif

great! glad to hear you like it then. c:

--------------------

+Quote Post

Shining Bright D...
post Apr 5 2012, 08:56 PM
Post #16

Night Owl
Group Icon

Member No.: 156 083

Sparkling Stars

Aarghhhhhhh too late :'(

1. You are an amazing spriter.
2. I shall wait in earnest for my turn.
3. Prepare to be stalked until that happens.
4. After seeing Mewzero, I think I will have nightmares the rest of my life. o_O.gif

This post has been edited by True Blue: Apr 5 2012, 08:57 PM

--------------------

Credit (click to show)
+Quote Post

Matto
post Apr 5 2012, 08:57 PM
Post #17

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 303

idk

I shall wait...

This post has been edited by ProfessorLayton: Apr 5 2012, 08:59 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Not Gizmo
post Apr 6 2012, 09:10 AM
Post #18

it's not a trolley
Group Icon

*splahes about*

eheh.... sorry i still didn't do your request yet, Negative Diamond. to be honest, i wasn't actually busy with anything that much; i was playing minecraft and i just got so into it for the past few days and i completely lost track of everything. =_=;
i'll try not to let that happen again, with anything.

actually, im getting started on your request now. expect it a little bit later, hopefully (if not, in at least 7 hours). just thought i'd post now and let you know, and all those who are.... 'stalking' me. :P

@True Blue -
1. thank you. cat.gif
2. mmkay. c:
3. alrighty then. :P
4. o-o

@ProfessorLayten -
ok then.... i feel so violated when so many people stalk me. XD

--------------------

+Quote Post

MementoMori
post Apr 6 2012, 11:43 AM
Post #19

Steel Gym Leader
Group Icon

Gym Team(+Ferrothorn)

It's okay. I know the feeling. We're supposed to release our website in on Sunday, and I only did 4 sprites yesterday because I was playing Oblivion all day. I still have 48 sprites, 12 eggs, and a bunch of pages to write. pinch.gif
+Quote Post

Not Gizmo
post Apr 6 2012, 02:45 PM
Post #20

it's not a trolley
Group Icon

*splahes about*

QUOTE(Negative Diamond @ Apr 6 2012, 12:43 PM) *
It's okay. I know the feeling. We're supposed to release our website in on Sunday, and I only did 4 sprites yesterday because I was playing Oblivion all day. I still have 48 sprites, 12 eggs, and a bunch of pages to write. pinch.gif

oh, i see. yeah, i usually have a bit of a procrastination problem sometimes too... sealed.gif
well, good luck with that~
in the mean time, here is your completed request!-

Occidere

took me about 5 and a half hours. i apologize if you think the color fading is crappy, it's rather hard to accomplish such a daunting task without any real special effects, which would ruin my spriting style and the quality of the sprite, as i only do bare/raw pixels, completely scratched in paint; no funny or funky effects needed. also, i was still disappointed at Hummel's size, so i was extra careful and made your fakemon a very reasonable size. i mean, take Hummel and put it next to Arceus, for an example, then imagine them in a game, in a double battle. totally doesn't make any sense, and i like to keep my sprites as realistic as possible, but none-the-less, im still glad Nommer liked it. :P

anyways, enough of my ranting, let me know if you like it or not; hopefully you do~ ^ ^;

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:51 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.