Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
Your Opinions, Read post before voting!
Your Feedback
Cleaner looking URLs
Do it [ 12 ]  [100.00%]
Don't do it (be sure to post why) [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Disallow identical Pokémon from being re-added
Do it [ 11 ]  [91.67%]
Don't do it (be sure to post why) [ 1 ]  [8.33%]
If an identical Pokémon has different Other Notes, let them add it
Yeah, it's pretty much different [ 8 ]  [66.67%]
No, just tell them to tack it onto the end of the other notes [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Let them choose whether to continue adding it or edit the other [ 4 ]  [33.33%]
Total Votes: 12

Zerxer
post Dec 19 2007, 01:13 AM
Post #1

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

I want to do some more changes on the site but I want to make sure it's wanted first. Here's what the poll questions are for:

Cleaner looking URLs - Instead of having URLs like gtsplus.net/index.php?page=gts&act=browse, they would be setup like gtsplus.net/gts/browse to make them look more user-friendly. I don't see why anyone would object to this but I just want to run it by people before I do it.

Disallow identical Pokémon from being re-added - I just thought of this because of a report that was given about someone spamming the GTS with the same Pokémon over and over. I was thinking of setting it so when you try to Add something, it will scan the previous Pokémon you've added and if something already exists that matches what you're trying to add, it'll prompt you and let you know you already have it. Then, it would possibly ask you if you would just like to increase the quantity of the selected Pokémon, because it won't re-add it.

If an identical Pokémon has different Other Notes, let them add it - Sometimes you guys will add Pokémon that appear to be identical to another one you added but the Other Notes are different because one might have Pokérus while the other does not, or something else is different that can't be explained anywhere else but the Other Notes. Should I set it so they can still add that, because it could be considered very different than the previous one, or should I tell them to just add the new Notes onto the Notes of the old one that matches what they're trying to re-add? Or, last choice, should I just make it an option and let the user make the judgement if it's really so much different that it should have its own spot and not be tacked onto an existing one they've added?

Sorry if any of that confused anyone. Anyways, make some votes. confused.gif

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Lester Burnham
post Dec 19 2007, 04:09 PM
Post #2

Look closer.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 72

Active Squad

Yes. It would make the site look more appealing to people without the various ='s and &'s and various numbers.

Once again, yes. Clutter sucks. It's stupid to see 76 Arceus' from one person. Just say yopu have 76, dammit. Look at Liquid and I. Imagine ONE FOR EACH POKEMON WE OWN? Holy shit and a half.

Yes. That would be a good idea, unless ^ will be played into effect.

--------------------
[align=center]I am the earth-mother, and you are all flops.
[/align]
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 19 2007, 05:53 PM
Post #3

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Hmm.. votes seem to be going the way I thought they would. I am still researching some methods for doing the first option, so I won't be doing it right away.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

ContraShaul
post Dec 25 2007, 05:21 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 642

Active Squad

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Dec 19 2007, 05:53 PM) *
Hmm.. votes seem to be going the way I thought they would. I am still researching some methods for doing the first option, so I won't be doing it right away.

yea i think those ideas would make the site seem a bit more orderly.

add on.

seems dope to me.

pz.
sha'ul

--------------------

BALANCE!!! Daniel-San!!!!

Peace,
Sha'ul
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2024 - 04:32 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.