Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Diamond Battle Tower Team, Also a contest Pokemon
Naegi Makoto
post Apr 17 2009, 08:24 PM
Post #1

Super High-School Level Luck
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 12 609

Platinum Team

I've gotten to 50 wins before with them, but the gimmicks the computer uses in the later battles keep stonewalling me.

Gardevoir @ Lum Berry
Timid; Synchronize
252 Spd/252 SpA/4 Spd
Will-o-Wisp
Confuse Ray
Thunderbolt
Psychic

The bulk of Pokemon in the first half of the tower don't even make it past this guy. He can cripple effectively anything, and there isn't a lot that threatens him into switching. Synchronize is there instead of Trace to take advantage of the Lum Berry, so I can essentially reflect status back onto other Status leads.

Gallade @ Expert Belt
Adamant; Steadfast
64 HP/252 Atk/192 Spd
Swords Dance
Psycho Cut
Night Slash
Close Combat

Physical sweeping. He takes down most things that Gardevoir can't. I pair them together when I do doubles; they work wonders. This is basically standard, I think, and has decent coverage.

Glaceon @Focus Sash
Quiet; Snow Cloak
100 HP/252 SpA/156 Def
Icy Wind
Mirror Coat
Shadow Ball
Water Pulse

In the special sweeper/emergency switch slot, as it can take at least one hit with Focus Sash barring Sandstorm and obstacles, and if that hit is a Special one it will pretty much be guaranteed a KO. Icy Wind slows down the opponent; running off this guy's Special Attack anything Ice Beam will get used on would get OHKO'd or outsped with Icy Wind and 2HKO'd anyway. I do have another Glaceon in reserve (Modest, 252 HP/252 SA/4 Spd, Ice Beam/Fake Tears/Hyper Beam/HP Ground) but it isn't level 50 for the Tower yet.

I'm kind of stumped as to how to improve them, honestly. They work pretty well.

As for Contest...

I have a max Cool Naughty Heracross (and a Red Scarf) for the Master Rank Cool Contest. What's the best set for it? Right now I have Endure, Reversal, Aerial Ace, Brick Break. Endure/Reversal doesn't combo anymore, though. And what are the best accessories for a Cool contest? I'm currently growing berries to buy some but I don't work with contests much and don't know which to get.

--------------------

Now breeding for Eiscue and (Snowy) Girafarig!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Apr 17 2009, 08:57 PM
Post #2

A New Era
Group Icon

Member No.: 28

Active Squad

First two look great, but Gardevoir's EV spread is kinda weird. 252 Spd / 252 SpA / 4 Spd? Keep in mind that SpD is Special Defense and Spe or Spd (without capitalised D) is Speed. Most people just tend to stick to Spe to avoid any confusion.

Also, double status makes me want to tell you to put 252 EVs in HP. I don't know how well that would work, though. I would also suggest something else like Hypnosis over Confuse Ray, since CR is kinda luck-based and might be kinda useless once in a while.

I really don't know how well Icy Wind works for you, so I won't bother you with that. Mirror Coat is a little iffy for the Battle Tower, as is Water Pulse. Glaceon really doesn't have a decent movepool to go with that amazing SpA stat. I would switch it out for something else, maybe a mixed Pokemon like Salamence or Infernape. Of course, that would screw up your "theme" of Pokemon that start with G...

I have no knowledge of contests whatsoever, so...I really can't help you with that =/ Sorry.

This post has been edited by Black Ice: Apr 17 2009, 09:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Naegi Makoto
post Apr 17 2009, 11:36 PM
Post #3

Super High-School Level Luck
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 609

Platinum Team

Second one should be HP. Whoops.

CR has worked pretty well so far, and the only thing immune to confusion is Spinda, I think. I might have to switch the two on and off, but there's more stuff with Insomnia than Own Tempo and this way I can pile statuses.

It's not really a theme...coincidence, more. I kind of don't want to swap these guys though, yeah. I might try the other Glaceon.

--------------------

Now breeding for Eiscue and (Snowy) Girafarig!
+Quote Post

SnowyVee
post Apr 18 2009, 03:37 PM
Post #4

BlueAscent
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7 263

Favorite Pokemon!

A small hint incase you didn't know.

In Platinum Glaceon can learn Barrier which sharply raises Defence..I think that would help.
Maybe Ice shard for Glaceon? If it can learn it.

Good luck ^_^.gif

--------------------
----------------------------------

+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Apr 18 2009, 09:03 PM
Post #5

A New Era
Group Icon

Member No.: 28

Active Squad

Glaceon doesn't really have enough HP to take advantage of Barrier. Its Attack stat is also quite low, so Ice Shard won't be doing much damage at all.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Pwned by teh Kyo...
post Apr 18 2009, 09:12 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 13 062

Active Squad

I think the Team is Good Enough..

+Quote Post

SnowyVee
post Apr 19 2009, 09:30 AM
Post #7

BlueAscent
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7 263

Favorite Pokemon!

QUOTE(Black Ice @ Apr 18 2009, 09:03 PM) *
Glaceon doesn't really have enough HP to take advantage of Barrier. Its Attack stat is also quite low, so Ice Shard won't be doing much damage at all.

Well I suppose Iceshard is for faster hits on Garchomp and Salamence really. But true.
As for Barrier, well if you get a few in and then hail *it can be quite annoying to take down unless "super effective special"
Well I suppose you are right again ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:36 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.