Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
December Events
Esc
post Jan 1 2018, 02:06 PM
Post #81

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Jan 1 2018, 02:04 PM) *
New Year's Raffle prizes have been handed out!

As originally mentioned, for every 2018 activity score you had yesterday, you earned 1 entry into the raffle. There were 760 eligible users, and 336 prizes went out. Given that it's a raffle, a prize is not guaranteed (nor is the rarity of the prize), you simply increase your chances by having more entries.

Here's the list of prizes that went out:
  • 1 - Sh. Legend Voucher Plus
  • 10 - Sh. Voucher (this is specifically for a Sh. Nihilego)
  • 25 - Sh. Novelty Voucher
  • 50 - Sh. Voucher Plus (for all non-Legendary, Canon Pokémon)
  • 100 - Legend Voucher Plus
  • 150 - Novelty Voucher
Vouchers have also been updated to include Pokémon that were previously missing from them, such as Nihilego to the Legend Voucher, all currently available Alolan Pokémon to the Sh. Voucher Plus, and ~20 novelties to the Novelty Vouchers.

So no new pokemon is being released?

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Takoyaki Gamma
post Jan 1 2018, 02:08 PM
Post #82

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 248

my fave...6

QUOTE(Esc @ Jan 1 2018, 07:06 PM) *

Despite what was advertised on the original post, no.

Highly disappointed I wasted half a day tbh

--------------------

+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Jan 1 2018, 02:10 PM
Post #83

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 584

Diamond Team

Welp, nothing. I only had 11 tickets, so I'm not too surprised - wasn't at my computer for most of the day. Congratulations to everyone who won!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Moonlit
post Jan 1 2018, 02:10 PM
Post #84

Go-with-the-flow Private
Group Icon

Member No.: 84 198

Private Army

Well, looks like I ended up with another Sh. Voucher Plus.

I almost thought I didn't get anything from this raffle, but I hadn't used the Sh. Voucher Plus I got from the Coins... Then I saw the "x2" behind it and I'm kind of amazed I've been so lucky!

EDIT: But with 158 entries (Activity score of 320,248), I didn't really doubt I'd be missing out on this one. If I had, oh well. It's the luck of the draw!

This post has been edited by Moonlit: Jan 1 2018, 02:13 PM

--------------------

Pal Pad for daily clicks, or otherwise. (132/135)
Follow me on Twitter? @Anthimonymous

Art (click to show)

I Love You Kelsey <3 (click to show)

GPX Groups (click to show)

Rookie (click to show)

~ VDex ~
+Quote Post

Stark Coyote
post Jan 1 2018, 02:11 PM
Post #85

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 51 188

Active Squad

QUOTE(Hanaya Taiga @ Jan 1 2018, 02:08 PM) *
QUOTE(Esc @ Jan 1 2018, 07:06 PM) *

Despite what was advertised on the original post, no.

Highly disappointed I wasted half a day tbh

Same. :T
Like, I could've watched Black Mirror with the bf
but oh well, maybe sometime this year we'll get new pokes

--------------------

+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post Jan 1 2018, 02:12 PM
Post #86

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

I got one of the shiny Vouchers from the raffle, thanks so much grin.gif. While I would have loved a Sh. Nihilego I'm glad I got something out of it. Too bad I have nothing I want to use it on at the moment, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Jan 1 2018, 02:14 PM
Post #87

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Sorry, I didn't even realize the original post mentioned a new Pokémon. Everything was still up in the air at that point, and the event info was mostly copied over from last year.

Sadly all of our staff were busy throughout the month, it's been a rough end of year for a lot of them, so nothing new was available for release today. We tried to make it up by having more diversity in the prizes than we did last year, and including some good shiny vouchers.

New Pokémon are still coming, though!

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Jade
post Jan 1 2018, 02:14 PM
Post #88

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 868

My Favorites

*coughs as she wonders why this happens EVERY year* Guys seriously? Don't complain.

This is a very generous prize. New Pokemon will eventually be released, it's going to happen, but don't be impatient about the staff with it. Especially because the main sprite person had to take a break for personal reasons, as I recall. But how often do we get prizes like some of the stuff they handed out here? It was surprising, sure, but nothing to come off as unappreciative about. Not to mention it was a raffle, you weren't guaranteed for anything no matter how long you played for.

Anyways, thanks Zerx! This was a great month of fun events.

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

koala bear
post Jan 1 2018, 02:18 PM
Post #89

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 193 376

Active Squad

It's very regret, it was a near miss: I just get 48 entry, and if I have 2 more entry, I could get the better gift!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Necrozma
post Jan 1 2018, 02:18 PM
Post #90

Hello world
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 250 262

Active Squad

I only had two entries into the raffle, so I wasn't expecting any prizes. Much to my surprise, I got a Novelty Voucher. I was so surprised and quite pleased. Thank you Zerxer!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Jan 1 2018, 02:20 PM
Post #91

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 584

Diamond Team

I've got to echo that. Your day wasn't wasted as long as you got something, and there are strong reasons for the delay. And the prizes that did get handed out still look very nice.

Curious, by the way - do shiny novelty vouchers include legendary novelties like Fake Groudon and Misquaza?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Jan 1 2018, 02:20 PM
Post #92

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

QUOTE(koala bear @ Jan 1 2018, 01:18 PM) *
It's very regret, it was a near miss: I just get 48 entry, and if I have 2 more entry, I could get the better gift!

The numbers listed in my post were the amounts that went out, rather than the number of entries you needed to receive them.

With 48 entries, you were eligible for all of the prizes. Someone with just 1 entry was also eligible for all of them.

QUOTE(Alex Mercer @ Jan 1 2018, 01:20 PM) *
Curious, by the way - do shiny novelty vouchers include legendary novelties like Fake Groudon and Misquaza?

Nope. Corruptions and Admin Novelties are excluded.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Primaxal
post Jan 1 2018, 02:21 PM
Post #93

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 6 487

Kabutops

378 entries and all I got is Legend Voucher Plus... it's a joke? Looks like I wasted so much time.

Btw. What about monthly explorations?

This post has been edited by billywombat: Jan 1 2018, 02:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Jan 1 2018, 02:22 PM
Post #94

It's been awhile since I changed this.
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 506

Active Squad

Got a shiny novelty voucher, pretty cool. Not really sure what I want to use it on yet but I'm glad I was lucky enough to get it~ Are we going to get a January Events thread?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Esc
post Jan 1 2018, 02:23 PM
Post #95

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

QUOTE(billywombat @ Jan 1 2018, 02:21 PM) *
378 entries and all I got is Legend Voucher Plus... it's a joke? Looks like I wasted so much time.

rngesus was not on ur side.

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

+Quote Post

PanHe
post Jan 1 2018, 02:31 PM
Post #96

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 953

Active Squad

Got a Sh. Voucher Plus, though I still don't know which pokemon I should get hmmyes.gif I guess I'll try to unlock the Good Luck achievment with it.

I'm waiting for the montly exploration grin.gif

Happy New Year everybody!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Myou
post Jan 1 2018, 02:39 PM
Post #97

You can't scare me... I'm a Preschool Teacher~!
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 182

~My Team~

QUOTE(Esc @ Jan 1 2018, 03:23 PM) *
QUOTE(billywombat @ Jan 1 2018, 02:21 PM) *

rngesus was not on ur side.

I think I laughed WAY too hard at that one.

I can't say I wouldn't be salty about not getting anything from the raffle after so much effort (I can pretty much guarantee I would be silently stewing about it if that were the case), but there's still the other things were gotten from the resulting activity. I managed to hatch two different shinies while egg grabbing, was able to get some nice IV mons from the safari for the battle tower, and leveled a crapton of pokemon to lvl 100 in the process of all of my clicking.

Getting the sh. novelty voucher was just the icing on the cake, even if I'm not yet decided on what I'm going to use it on. Probably something that would be a royal pain to shiny hunt.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Keith
post Jan 1 2018, 02:41 PM
Post #98

Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 198

Team Gracidea

Got a shiny voucher plus! Awesome! grin.gif Wasn't expecting to get anything let alone a shiny voucher! I'm quite happy with that. happy.gif Though I do have to wonder, why is only the orange Flabebe in the voucher? Was hoping to use this to end my red Flabebe hunt as that's the last Flabebe I need. Though it's still really awesome as I got other hunts I can use it for so it still makes my day. happy.gif

Happy new year everyone! ^-^

--------------------
My Pokemon:

Friend's Pokemon:
+Quote Post

SilverPT
post Jan 1 2018, 02:49 PM
Post #99

You're one bad day away from being me.
Group Icon

Member No.: 128 888

Active Squad

QUOTE(Jade @ Jan 1 2018, 07:14 PM) *
*coughs as she wonders why this happens EVERY year* Guys seriously? Don't complain.

This is a very generous prize. New Pokemon will eventually be released, it's going to happen, but don't be impatient about the staff with it. Especially because the main sprite person had to take a break for personal reasons, as I recall. But how often do we get prizes like some of the stuff they handed out here? It was surprising, sure, but nothing to come off as unappreciative about. Not to mention it was a raffle, you weren't guaranteed for anything no matter how long you played for.

This situation doesn't concern me much because I wasn't active at all yesterday, therefore wasn't expecting to receive anything good and on top of that, I wasn't expecting new 'mons to be released due to Sam being busy with uni & work and Letan's personal life stuff that happened recently, but asking people not to be impatient at this point... S&M were released in November of 2016. It's been one YEAR and one month and we're still missing 6 regular 'mons (Morelull, Shiinotic, Comfey, Wimpod, Golisopod, Turtonator) and 13(!) legendaries (Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Celesteela, Kartana, Guzzlord, Necrozma, Magearna, Marshadow, Poipole, Naganadel, Stakataka and Blacephalon). And I'm not even counting Zygarde (2), Lyncaroc (1), Necrozma (3) and Silvally's (17) forms.

Also, the fact that we don't get these type of prices too much is exactly the opposite of what should be happening. We've been getting the same type of monthly events for years. How awesome it would be if this last event, based on activity score, could be transformed into a monthly thing? Or even the coins-based event, in which the theme could alternate every 3 months between types, colours, rarity?

I'll not get too much into this because it was already discussed last month on the community thread, but something has to be done (and people have the right to complain as long as it's something constructive).

--------------------

Big shoutout to Cycloneblaze for the awesome buttons!

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

koala bear
post Jan 1 2018, 02:49 PM
Post #100

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 193 376

Active Squad

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Jan 1 2018, 02:20 PM) *
QUOTE(koala bear @ Jan 1 2018, 01:18 PM) *

The numbers listed in my post were the amounts that went out, rather than the number of entries you needed to receive them.

With 48 entries, you were eligible for all of the prizes. Someone with just 1 entry was also eligible for all of them.

QUOTE(Alex Mercer @ Jan 1 2018, 01:20 PM) *

Nope. Corruptions and Admin Novelties are excluded.

Yes, I understand what's your means when I read it several times. But I don't know if I get something, because I have some unused Egg Vouchers.
But the prize points are still 1157, so if I didn't get something?

--------------------
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th April 2024 - 10:32 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.