Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Horrors of the Anime, Critique it here!
Applenose
post May 17 2009, 12:55 PM
Post #81

meat popsicle
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 21 986

Currently Training

Yeah the anime is pretty repetitive.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Afrofrou
post May 18 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #82

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 662

Active Squad

I've gotta admit, after the Kanto and Johto series, the rest of the series went totally downhill, especially the english dubs, and there've been very few good episodes since then. Plus I miss some of the good old voice actors, and I think that the animation looks cheaper than in the good old days of Pokemon. no.gif

So now I only watch the movies.

This post has been edited by Neko Wolf San: May 18 2009, 12:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Shirley Fennes
post May 21 2009, 04:44 PM
Post #83

Bird fanatic
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 822

Fated

Sounds like Ash got a nasal cold ever since he got a new voice actor. Same with Brock. awesome.gif

I liked Kanto, Johto and the Orange Islands, just not Misty. Annoying, naggy. Some eps for some of the seasons got too stupid/boring.

Then came Hoenn and the Battle Frontier. Major preference for May over Misty. Filler eps got too degrading/snore-tastic.

Stopped watching D/P after Dawn's superduperoverperkiness and cheerleading thing turned me away. =x=

--------------------

.:|| "Click the Gardening Leavanny for Shirley's GPX+ Party!" ||:.

[Currently breeding]
Rufflets~
+Quote Post

Shamise
post May 21 2009, 07:58 PM
Post #84

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 24 999

Active Squad

(Feel free to ignore my oncoming rant ^^)

Personal opinion:
I honestly liked the first season, anime and the movies too. Once they started getting new characters each season...it got kinda cliche. The first few movies were epic awsome! I think it was because it was about Ash and not some random character that just poped up out of the blue. If the newer movies were actually about Ash, then I would love them. By the way, Mewtwo was killer epic...but some of these other legendaries are just getting ridiculously strong.
Another thing I didnt really care for was how they always had a different female lead character each season. It makes Ash look like a player, and poor Brock still doesnt have girlfriend. Some of the new pokemon are cool looking and others look like either mimics of past pokemon or terrors from a child's dream...
Gary is the only true rival!

--------------------
~(*)~ If someone would be kind enough to successfully breed/drop a WinterVulpix egg for me, I will breed/drop any novelty egg I have (CO, EB, CC, Pokii) until the pick-up is successful. ^^ PM me, if you're interested. I would greatly appreciate it. ~(*)~

Feed Me!

Adopted from Valenth
+Quote Post

Gumshoe
post May 24 2009, 03:18 PM
Post #85

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 683

~

All I have to say about the new sinnoh series. WHAT THE HECK HAVE THEY DONE TO JUNS/BARRYS VOICE. And kill dawn plz. point.gif OBJECTION.

--------------------
{}
"Bzweeeeep! Sorry, don't mind me.
What I'm using is an invention of mine.
"

{}

I'll always click back asap and feed the best berries. <3
+Quote Post

Revan46
post May 24 2009, 07:54 PM
Post #86

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 591

Active Squad

I'm just annoyed they couldn't just keep Ash's voiceactor. It's like they change him fifty times over...it's just so FREAKING annoying...I miss Kanto.

--------------------
Clicks are appreciated and will be returned
+Quote Post

Hatori
post May 26 2009, 09:21 PM
Post #87

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 26 746

Active Squad

Personally I'm tired of Ash. I'd love to see someone eles all together, and is it me or does whoever he goes up against,he wins. Boring

--------------------
http://gpxplus.net/AQpkBQZ1
Pokemon Goals(on my lookup)http://gpxplus.net/user/Hatori
+Quote Post

Sovereign
post May 26 2009, 09:26 PM
Post #88

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 27 455

;dream team;

The anime is definitely geared toward a much younger generation. As the show has progressed, I would have liked the level of maturity to follow. They really ought to consider this. We, the people buying their games, are the ones that have been doing so for 11 years - that's gotta count for something, right?

I strongly agree with the dislike of the new voice actors for the English. I do have to say, though - I don't see how they could mature it enough for us to like it but at the same time remain a "children's show." What I would like to see is maybe Ash (or Brock, heck!) go through some PERSONAL character issues. Remember the first Pokemon league thing that happened? Ash showed some true flaws, something I've yet to see since then, in my humble opinion.

I suppose we'll just have to take solace in the games.

--------------------

icons by me <3
+Quote Post

aiadonyx
post May 26 2009, 09:39 PM
Post #89

Super Nerd
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 333

A nice set indeed

GIVE US JAAAAAAMESSSSS
we wants the preciousss

--------------------
+Quote Post

FalconWolf
post May 26 2009, 09:59 PM
Post #90

Green Witch
Group Icon

From: Somewhere inside my own mind, a dangerous and scary place. Enter at your own risk.
Member No.: 19 681

Green Team!

I think they should start a whole new Pokemon show, with a girl as the main character. Too many anime have boys/guys as the staring hero. Whole new cast, except those who cant be changed, like Nurse Joys, Gym Leaders n such, new story line, more mature. Complete fresh start.

They did it with Zoids, Digimon... so why not Pokemon? They can keep going with Ash's story and still start the new one.

--------------------
~~
Thank You for visiting my party.

DC Dragons (click to show)
Quizzes (click to show)

Dragon Adopters
+Quote Post

Tokyo Oranges
post May 27 2009, 03:18 PM
Post #91

Don't make me go Dr.Octogonapus on you!
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 530

Soul Silver Team

well, I do like to watch the anime but it does get repetitive and i do not like the new VAs mainly because I've been so used to the 4Kids VAs for most of my childhood and it's just not right ><;

--------------------
meh Babies Neeeds Lurve cat.gif

Quizzes and things oh.gif Lookie! (click to show)
+Quote Post

Fileg
post May 27 2009, 10:27 PM
Post #92

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 545

Fileg's Team

I've only seen a few episodes and remember only the intros from my younger years. It was very entertaining for me as a young child. But now when I see it as I flip the channels all I can do is "lawl" heartily at the poor quality and nostalgia.

--------------------

***~Currently Raising~***
+Quote Post

Hanabi
post May 30 2009, 09:11 PM
Post #93

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 567

Sap. Party Regulars

QUOTE(Marcos @ May 26 2009, 10:26 PM) *
The anime is definitely geared toward a much younger generation. As the show has progressed, I would have liked the level of maturity to follow. They really ought to consider this. We, the people buying their games, are the ones that have been doing so for 11 years - that's gotta count for something, right?

I so agree with you! At least they could make a separate pokemon series for older-gens? I bet they could...

--------------------

PANE (click to show)
+Quote Post

Divine Dragon
post May 30 2009, 10:20 PM
Post #94

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 120

My Dragon Team

I like the firsto two seasons, the bring back memories...

But I think that the new ones arn't that bad.

I would just have liked it they hadn't added so much 3D to everything. facepalm.gif

--------------------
I'll always click back... unless I'm not here.

+Quote Post

FalconWolf
post May 31 2009, 06:45 PM
Post #95

Green Witch
Group Icon

From: Somewhere inside my own mind, a dangerous and scary place. Enter at your own risk.

Green Team!

I like Brock, but his constant lusting over girls is also old and just stupid. I don't want him to leave, but they need to give him a new thing to work with.

And what is with him anyway? He is supposed to be a Rock type trainer, yet most of his pokemon now are everything but Rock types. I know he left his old pokemon with his brother, but he should be getting new Rock pokes to replace them.

And his Geodude should have evolved to Golem by the end of the Johto season.

This post has been edited by FalconWolf: May 31 2009, 06:50 PM

--------------------
~~

Quizzes (click to show)

Dragon Adopters
+Quote Post

xXseleneXx
post May 31 2009, 06:52 PM
Post #96

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 666

Luffs <3

QUOTE(Shamise @ May 21 2009, 05:58 PM) *
and poor Brock still doesnt have girlfriend.

that made me LOL. laughing.gif
Poor Brock. sweat.gif

I didnt really watch anything after the first season so I guess I cant really give an educated opinion......
but I think generally an anime dies, well ONE of the things that kills it, when they switch voice actors.
I have not come across a single anime that switched voice actors and people liked it as much or more than before....

This post has been edited by xXseleneXx: May 31 2009, 06:57 PM

--------------------

azelf.gif

Quests (click to show)

Quiz (click to show)

mesprit.gif jirachi.gif uxie.gif phione.gif manaphy.gif
+Quote Post

K a i t l y n RA...
post Jun 4 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #97

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 121

Pokemonz

I'd have to agree with most things stated.

Like, they pretty much have new voice actors for Ash in every "season." >_> Like, really? unless he's suddenly hitting puberty, his voice shouldn't change so much. :P

--------------------

--------------> nod.gifnod.gif <--------------
I HERD U LIEK MUDKIPZ?

PKMN WHITE FC: 1162 9248 7379
Characters name is Kaitlyn.

Gaia Online Art shop!!

MY STUFF. happy.gif (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lotte
post Jun 4 2009, 09:11 PM
Post #98

8U
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 588

Bleh~ :3

QUOTE(bird of the stars @ May 21 2009, 05:44 PM) *
Sounds like Ash got a nasal cold ever since he got a new voice actor. Same with Brock. :awesome:

I liked Kanto, Johto and the Orange Islands, just not Misty. Annoying, naggy. Some eps for some of the seasons got too stupid/boring.

Then came Hoenn and the Battle Frontier. Major preference for May over Misty. Filler eps got too degrading/snore-tastic.

Stopped watching D/P after Dawn's superduperoverperkiness and cheerleading thing turned me away. =x=

This pretty much sums up my exact opinion on the anime. :O

Seriously, I can't be bothered with the show anymore. It's gotten so boring and repetitive..

I really miss the Kanto episodes..

--------------------

Please love my eggs/Pokemon, I always try to click back~ ^-^;

awesome.gif ~Click here to redirect to my party page~ awesome.gif

Long live the King of Pop
~RIP~

+Quote Post

Arashiyouko
post Jun 4 2009, 11:04 PM
Post #99

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 265

Team Impetus

Most of my complaints have been covered, but one I really have to point out that I agree with is when Ash comes across a Pokémon that's been included before and he still doesn't know what it is.

And does it ever really outright state the ages? No matter how you look at it, someones age is messed up - Ash would, at the least, be near 14 by now. I think traveling all over Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Kanto again, and now Sinnoh - ON FOOT - would take close to a year each.

Dawn - I've watched very little of the anime after Johto, but Dawn has to have at least started puberty to have the development she does, which goes against how I would think she was near ten, because she just started on her "pokémon journey."

Misty - since ten is the youngest age a Pokémon trainer can be, its very unlikely that Misty would be able to be allowed to take over as a gymleader if she were ten like it says, and people wouldn't be going on about how beautiful she is in her mermaid water shows.

May - okay, her age is quite flexible. If I remember right she was quite reluctant to even get a pokémon, let alone go on a journey with one, in the beginning. That would allow her to be older, matching her figure.

No matter how it goes, Ash and each of the female characters have either be near the same age (or have some defect that causes abnomalities in their height.)

And on ways to fix it: I agree with some of the other posts I read, to - it doesn't need to be fixed. It should be left as it is, but it should cut out most of the fillers. (Most of the fillers are most likely attempts by the writers to drag it out until new ideas are made anyway.) It should go into a slow... decline, I suppose you could say, up until it ends - naturally, not a hurried, cut off let's-get-this-over-with ending or a drag-it-out-as-long-as-possible ending, but covering the remaining gym leaders, the Sinnoh Pokémon League, and possibly the Battle Area, with fillers being added in for capturing new pokémon, super contests, Team Rocket, traveling, etc.

As the anime is "dieing out", either a new manga and/or a new anime should be started, starting out in any region (but Orre certainly gives off the outlaw vibe well enough that it would fit, while a new region could be made all together) and focusing on the "darker" side of the Pokémon world. It should contain at least some blood, cursing, violence, death, etc. (And by that, I mean like in the animes Inuyasha, Bleach, Death Note, Naruto Shippuden to some extent, etc.) In other words, aiming at teenagers and young adults, 15-19 years old, the people who watched the anime and played Red, Blue and Yellow Versions as kids.

--------------------
My (Future) Soul Silver Team:______My (Current) Platinum Team:
Team Impetus____________________Team Epoch________________
Trainer: Breeder Jess______________Trainer: Beauty Mira_________

Hmm... I wonder if occasionally playing as the female character on games like these makes me, a male, count as a cross-dresser... probably not. Better safe than sorry though - RUN, SMALL [MINDED] CHILDREN, RUN!
+Quote Post

FalconWolf
post Jun 5 2009, 02:18 PM
Post #100

Green Witch
Group Icon

Green Team!

QUOTE(Arashiyouko @ Jun 4 2009, 10:04 PM) *
Misty - since ten is the youngest age a Pokémon trainer can be, its very unlikely that Misty would be able to be allowed to take over as a gymleader if she were ten like it says, and people wouldn't be going on about how beautiful she is in her mermaid water shows.

Misty is 2 or 3 years older than Ash actually. She left at the end of the Johto Saga, factoring in the Orange Islands Saga..

Ash would be 13 by the end of Johto, so Misty would have to be about 15 to 16, if my math is correct. (Is not good at Math.)

I cant remember how long they said Brock's father had been gone. But he had to of started pretty young too. He was what, 16-17, maybe, when Ash met him?

This post has been edited by FalconWolf: Jun 5 2009, 02:32 PM

--------------------
~~

Quizzes (click to show)

Dragon Adopters
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:07 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.