Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Masquerade, Uprising RP Event
Umbrae Calamitas
post Oct 30 2012, 11:51 AM
Post #1

Team Rogue: Espeon
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5 443

Tuesday's Pack

Welcome to the Uprising RP Event: Masquerade! The actual event doesn't begin until October 31st, but I wanted the thread to be ready. This RP is all focused in the same thread for the opening act. It will be split up as is necessary once the "signal" is given.

Have fun, and Happy Halloween!

"Welcome, welcome!"

The man standing at the door is dressed in a butler uniform - sleek black suit and tie, shiny shoes. There is a white cloth folded over one arm, which is bent in front of him as though he is waiting perpetually to make a bow - sudden, but formal, as it must be.

It's impossible to tell whether he is an actual butler or merely dressed as one, playing a role. You are also playing a role, after all. Perhaps you all are.

You can see beyond him as he opens the door for you, waving a hand into the building.

Beyond the foyer, there is a ballroom. Already, it's packed with people. They're all dressed in costumes, though beyond that, there is no theme. You can see demons and angels, giant anthropomorphic pokemon... is that a Mewtwo? Surely that's a costume. Probably even the best one here.

But you're not here to admire the costumes. You've come on a mission. It's an important mission and you must be ready to act your part, just as you came prepared, dressed for it.

You know your mission.

Magma Flashback (click to show)
Aqua Flashback (click to show)
Rebel Flashback (click to show)

So here you are, among a group of people you don't recognize, asides from maybe a few of your fellow agents. But you won't let on. As far as anyone else knows, you're both a stranger and their teammate. That's what the costume is for. It keeps you anonymous, your true intentions ambiguous.

And you'll succeed in your mission. It's what you do best.

--------------------
[align=center]

UPRISING MODERATOR[/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Oct 31 2012, 06:54 PM
Post #2

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

"I don't understand, that's all. Why are you going? And as much as it relieves me no end, why are you excited about it?"

Melissa Bryce stood in the doorway to Jay Lange's room. The room had been empty for some time, but the adjoining room was occupied, and the door between them open. That room, where Jay had been sleeping, had been Sagira Smythe's, up until her apparent defection to Magma. Even though the person she spoke with was not visible from the hallway, she still faced out. Just in case.

"Look, it's Magma, something will go down, you know it, I know it, your Dad knows it, and that's why he's asked-except-it's-really-an-order'd me to go and make sure things go smoothly." Jay kept mum about his ulterior motive: It was another chance to get something about Sagira.

"And you're going as..?"

"Your Friendly Neighborhood hero, The Amazing Ariados!" That said, Jay jumped out, wearing what could only be described as a skin tight body suit. Melissa turned, then blushed and swallowed. It wasn't revealing, but it was tight, and Jay did not have the physique of the typical fanboy.

The costume had to have been custom made. It was a typical super hero costume, and the Ariados was a well known hero even to non-comic book fans. Several movies had been made of him. Red with deep almost-black blue down the sides, and a pair of anterior legs poking over the shoulder. On the left sleeve, a leather cuff covered his entire forearm, and there sat a spinarak.

"It's... very accurate," Melissa said. Her back was still turned, but she seemed unable to resist looking over her shoulder again. Jay was leaning against the wall.

"Why thank you, citizen. And what about you?"

Melissa smirked. "I'm working in the restaurant, of course..." She winked, finally turning to face him. "Too bad you'll miss my costume..."

Jay, too, winked, though how Melissa knew it she had no idea. "You know I can't handle what that takes. Chasing around, trying to make sure nothing gets broken, or the kitchen doesn't get ransacked, or all of the gravy isn't taken..."

"Come on, Jay, Kylarian isn't that bad!"

Jay grinned, and this time Melissa could see it clearly against the mask, as impossible as that seemed. "I'd better get going." He went to the window and opened it. Melissa gasped.

"What are you going to do, web-swing there?!"

"Nah," Jay said, looking over the sill at her. "Thought I'd take a cab."

With that, he let go. Melissa screamed and ran to the window, but when she got there, he was already dashing down the alley. "Jerk!" She called after him, smiling. Just a little bit.

It was good to see him more than morose.

But how much of that was actually him, and how much of it was the costume?

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Nov 2 2012, 01:18 AM
Post #3

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

A motorcycle engined hummed along, surprisingly quiet for a usually loud vehicle. It seemed the typical 'crotch-rocket' type, where the rider hunched over for the sake of minimizing wind resistance and the like. The rider wore a typical biking jacket, and wore a helmet, hiding his features under a dark visor.

Pulling up to his destination, he swerved in an unslightly manner, belying his actual skill with the vehicle, and stopped in the 'parking' area. He took a moment to size up the mansion, emitting a dull whistle that echoed eerily inside his helmet. In a fairly ungainly manner, the man backed his motorcycle into an area where other smaller vehicles had parked. Turning it off, he flipped out the kickstand and disembarked, rubbing his butt a little with a disapproving sort of groan. The ride down through the Antinanco Forest had been a rather bumpy one. He'd chosen the motorcycle purely out of 'coolness factor', though he wished he'd taken a more comfortable means of conveyance now. But, such was the joy of now being one of Magma's Elite agents; he could pick whichever vehicles he wanted for the most part.

A removal of the helmet revealed the rider to be none other than Kanoa Kaipo, one of the youngest members of the Magma Elite. His normally untameable hair had been slicked back and straightened, finally revealing its true length. A single lock hung over his left eye, and Kanoa had finally shaved his stubble into a more definite goatee.

He smiled cheerfully at the butler as he entered, moving over to the coat-check area. Removing his jacket and handing it along with the helmet to the mansion employee, Kanoa revealed his Halloween Costume for the night.

Naturally, Kanoa had selected an outfit with no shirt. Instead, it appeared that he'd put together a series of oddly connected belts, some even attached to his pants, which honestly resembled armor more than it did pants. Combined with the hair, and even some painstakingly drawn on tattoos, Kanoa had done a pretty good job of dressing himself as Vamp of Metal Gear Solid fame. He wasn't exactly hoping to embody the depraved bi-sexual vampiric crazy man, after all, he had a boyfriend, but he still immensely enjoyed the costume.

I know you love to party, Kaipo, but please, try to stay vigilant. That means no drinking.

His former boss, Lennox, had 'advised' him on the manner, but in order to truly mingle, Kanoa needed to at least have a drink or two. That sort of thing gave the impression of verisimilitude, which would hopefully remove suspicion from him as a Magma agent. Moving through the crowd, he made his way straight to the bar. With any luck, his buddy Abraham had made it to the party, and would probably be at the bar at some point in the night. He wasn't sure whether or not Ares had made it to the party, being so young, but a part of him still hoped that the little man joined them.

Holding Uri, her Minccino, in her arms, Dr. Regan Chamuel moved about the party, trying her best to appear inconspicuous. She felt uncomfortable moving about in her costume, as the thick, heavy, skirt that appeared to be made entirely of belts weighed her down more than usual. On the other hand, her shoulders were bare, something she almost never did. She clutched the bright eyed pokemon in front of her, trying to hide her chest area, which felt much more exposed than what she was used to wearing.

Why had she let a pervert select her costume for her? She really had just wanted to go as a doctor, like she had done for everyone Halloween prior.

Her hair had been successfully dyed, a precaution she'd found helpful in evading Magma agents, especially considering her 'fugitive' status. Her contacts felt odd, considering she'd always simply worn glasses, and she found herself idly touching at the brim of her nose in a manner indicating that she was adjusting a phantom pair. It had taken a long while to get her hair in to place, and even longer to get into the costume, but now she was moving about the party. She assuredly received a few looks, of which she was unsure how to react. After all, how often did she wear anything but her usual modest attire. The Lulu costume was a far cry from anything she'd normally wear. Ever.

Not quite sure how to 'blend in' in such an odd social situation, Regan attempted to smile and nod as if greeting people, even if they weren't paying attention. Thinking for a moment that the odd behaviour would, in fact, make her MORE conspicuous than before, Regan sighed and relegated herself to a corner of the room, where she sullenly watched the proceedings around her. She knew very few other Rebellion agents, which made sense considering their clandestine nature, and she recognized even fewer Magma and Aqua agents. Of course, they were all in costume, which made it even more difficult to recognize them in general, but that was the point after all.

"Cheen! Cheeno!"

"Hush, Uri" Regan chided, nevertheless wearing a smile as she rubbed the head of her companion. "You're supposed to be a doll, remember?"

"Min." the Minccino grinned up at her trainer, then settled into her arms, scanning the room and pointing out all of the shiny things that caught her attention. Regan nodded idly, still searching the room, wondering anxiously when the mysterious 'signal' would occur.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Aura Dynasty
post Nov 2 2012, 09:24 AM
Post #4

Guess who's back?
Group Icon

Member No.: 168 546

Jill Cortoma

Zephyr stood in front of the giant mansion’s doors. Although he wasn’t scared or anything he was still trembling, his knees were shacking as if an earthquake with magnitude 7 was shacking the earth. ”It might have been a good idea to stay outside for a little while longer” he sighed while turning around on the heels of his kneecapped leather boots and strolling around the mansion’s many gardens. This was his first mission after all and he wasn’t really quite sure if the other guests would put up with his new ‘dance moves’. He inhaled deeply and looked at the crescent moon, hidden behind a few transparent clouds, as his thoughts strayed back to Julian’s advice.

-------------------------
“Come on Frost, you know what’s about to happen!” Julian’s voice was amused as he looked at his pupil trying to fend off some angry winguls. They kept soaring down above Zephyr’s head, the little Zorua barked at the pokémon attacking his master.

“Yeah, yeah! Wipe that grin of your face and come and give me a hand will ya?” Zephyr shouted at his friend while falling to his knees and rolling to the left. The wingul that had decided to start the offence at that unlucky moment crashed into the sand. As it tried to get up it looked straight into the flaming eyes of Zorua, which was viciously growling. They wingul got up right in time to evade the scratching paws of the little fox and bailed it. The other winguls stopped the offensive and followed the bailing wingul back into the forest. Zephyr stood up and dusted the sand of his trousers. “Thanks a lot Zorua! Next time think before you go bully other pokémon” he glared at his partner which glared back at him. “Don’t give me that look”

Julian turned in an ineffective manner to hide the giant grin on his face. “How do you even manage to survive with that thing” he randomly asked while he shrugged his shoulders. The poke gear on his wrist started bleeping and he touched the screen. “Yes?” Zephyr couldn’t hear what his superior was arguing about but it ended with a sighing “Fine, I’ll get on to it”

“So, what was that about?” Zephyr tried to get something out of his friend that would seem useful.

“A slight setback and a change of plans… I’m needed in the Boatyard, some technical issues, so you’ll be going out alone I’m afraid.” He replied while looking at the fledgling aqua-member.

They had both sailed of to Sunnyside Beach in order to train Zephyr before going to Kyogre’s Maw as they got knowledge of an event that would soon occur. A treaty between Aqua and Magma, and the superiors had deemed it so that this event would become Zephyr’s baptism as a new Aqua-member. And now it seemed that the technical advisor had fallen ill and, due to Julian’s knowledge of naval equipments and machines, was summoned to help out at the Boatyard.

“This will be your first mission, and not many get to do their first mission solo. Do you think you’re up for it Frost?” Julian said to his pupil as both were walking back to the trainee-barracks.

“Yes of course! There’s no need to be worried!” Zephyr replied. He was thrilled, not did he have the chance to embark on a mission; he would go solo!

“Alright but you know the protocol, you cannot let yourself be exposed young man! This mission cannot fail, if you somehow manage to interrupt the passing events, as which I mean the signing of the treaty, you will be disposed off immediately. And I don’t want that to happen, you know that…” Julian said to Zephyr. “Now get ready, I’ll be over in a two hours to check on you before I leave understood private?”

“Yes sir!” Zephyr saluted. Though he and Julian had known each other for 5 years now their reactions changed frequently from a friendly relationship to that of a tutor and his pupil. Nevertheless Julian was his superior so when they were in company of other members he saluted him as he was supposed to.

Zephyr looked at himself in the mirror. The costume he had chosen to wear to the masquerade was quite fancy. He had decided to go as his all-time favourite hero, the knight Gilgamesh. Unknown to many he had the liberty of adding a few adjustments to the actual look, just in case the mission would take an unpleasant turn. Running around in shining armour wouldn’t be the best way to keep undetected if there had to be a major setback.

“THAT’s what you’re going to wear? Are you planning on saving some damsels in distress from a bunch of magma’s?” Julian said, his voice filed with sarcasm. “You should rather go as an example, a leading figure!”

“Are you crazy? If I’d show up as you there would be no-one left to sign the treaty!” he smirked and dodged an incoming saucer. “You missed-“he said as he felt someone hit him in the back of his head.

“You dimshit” Julian said as he sat down on Zephyrs bed. Zorua jumped on Julian’s lap. “It looks good on you! I’m pretty sure you’ll pull off a good show there, and whenever you get nervous remember this: you might look alone but you’re not.” Julian said as he stroked the Zorua. It made a purring noise as it stretched itself.

“Yes I know, but I won’t recognize them!”

“That’s the point of the entire masquerade. But think of what Gilgamesh would do… he went of to fight that monster even when his friend refused to go with him, eventually his friend came back to help him in his hours of need. The others will come when you need them, trust me…”
----------------------- -----------

The others will come when you need them Julian’s words resonated in his head as he exhaled slowly. He touched the pokéballs that were hidden in his belt. “I’ll be fine” he muttered as he turned himself back around and wandered back to the main hall through the gardens. As he entered the main hall he passed a gigantic mirror. The reflection shown was that of a tall knight, clad in shining gold armour that could match the sun’s rays. He wore his normal clothing underneath but the red overskirt blended in perfectly with the faint-golden plate legs, breastplate and arm pieces. A golden luxray was carved unto the breastplate. His hair was combed backwards, though the back stayed spiky. His left eye was hidden underneath the usual bangs but his emerald right eye was shining intensely.

“If monsieur wants to meet up with the other invitees?” a voice with a French accent brought him back to earth. He looked at the one talking to him and saw it was a waiter, or a least someone dressed like one.

“Yes of course, just having a last check up” Zephyr said with a smile as he nodded at the man and entered the brightly lit room.

This post has been edited by Aura Dynasty: Nov 2 2012, 09:41 AM

--------------------
My body...
is made out of swords.
Iron is my blood
and glass is my heart.

I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated.
Not once have I retreated,
Nor once have I been understood.
Always alone....
On the hill of swords...
intoxicated by victory...

Thus, this life has no meaning...
This body...surely was...
Made out of blades.

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Nov 2 2012, 12:29 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

"I don't see why you have to go as Joker," Iris said, scowling at her partner.

"Call me Mr. J."

"Screw yourself," Iris snapped back.

The two were sitting across from each other in a small plane. With them, much to Iris' annoyance, were Smith and Jones. That wasn't the problem at the moment, however, and in truth, she had been getting used to the fact that the two agents followed them around constantly. No, the problem this time was that Ezira had found out what Iris was dressing as for the Halloween Party Mission, and had decided to make a theme of it.

"Come on, 'ris, you know Harley doesn't go anywhere without her puddin'." Ezira leered at her.

"Harley managed to tie Batman up and nearly destroy him all by herself, so I'll have you know she has no need for her puddin'."

"And how exactly do you know that?" The smile, while already wide, crazed, and sinister, seemed to widen further still.

"Yes. I like Batman," Iris said in a bored monotone. "Laugh it up."

Ezira did. She cackled wildly, head thrown back. At the very least, she suited her role.

Everyone flinched as the manic laugh pierced their ears through their headsets.

"I'm not going to change your decision, am I?"

"What would it matter if you did?" Ezira asked, shrugging. "We're in a plane, on our way to this party. The only you can do at this point was go naked. Though, really, I'm game."

Iris punched her hard in the shoulder. Ezira only laughed.

"I suppose if you were really set on breaking up the theme-" Ezira sighed in a put-upon manner. "You could switch costumes with Jones or Smith."

Iris glanced over at the two men. At Ezira's words, they had both eyed her costume. When they caught her looking, Jones gave her a grin and waggled his eyebrows. Smith, however, cleared his throat loudly and looked away. Iris wasn't sure if she had imagined the blush on his cheeks or not.

"You know, if you really wanted to, I'd be happy to switch costumes with you," Jones said, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees.

Iris eyed him, glanced at Smith, and then looked back at Jones. "Your costume would be a little big on me, I think, Jonesy." He winced at the nickname. "If I'm going to switch, it'll have to be with Smith."

Iris watched the more serious of the two agents. Oh, he's definitely blushing.

"I will not be going as a female," Smith growled.

Iris shrugged and leaned back in her seat, a soft smile on her lips. So, Smith was nearly as serious as he liked to pretend. At the very least, he could get embarrassed.

"What are you two dressed as, anyway?" Ezira asked.

"We're not," Smith said, to which Jones rolled his eyes and muttered something under his breath that sounded like "not allowed to have any fun."

"Seriously. You know this is a costume party, right?" Iris asked. "You know this is a mission that requires you to dress up, right?"

"We're agents here to guard you."

Ezira and Iris shared a look.

"Right," Ezira said.

Iris crossed her arms over her chest. "You're the Men in Black."

~*~

The mansion was large - much larger than Iris and Ezira had anticipated. The plane stopped over its roof and set the thrusters. The plane lowered itself easily onto the roof of the building and the two girls climbed out, followed by their shadows.

"My good sir, madame." The two turned to face a butler. He hadn't been there a moment ago... "This way, please."

The two followed the butler to an elevator. "My costume must be really good, if he thinks I'm a guy."

"Yeah, well, you could have chosen something different and done an even better job of fooling everyone."

Ezira rolled her eyes. "Come on, face paint, purple suit, sweet taste in shoes. I'm the Joker, baby. No one's gonna recognize me." She leered at Iris again. "And with that skin-tight body suit and the headdress, no one will catch you, either. Though the red and black theme..."

"It's the character's colors. I think I'm safe... puddin'."

Ezira let out a cackle true to her character. "Come on, Harley! We've got a party to crash!"

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Jonahman10
post Nov 2 2012, 09:06 PM
Post #6

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 608

Awsome

It had been a long time since Jonah had come to Noverus. Most of that time was spent in the Rebellion's Oasis Base. In fact, he had spent less than 24 hours out of the base since he arrived in the city 2 and half years ago. Back home in Lavender Town he had led a successful organization and was a prominent member of the community. He missed his home far away, along with his friends and Pokemon, but he kept himself occupied at the Oasis Base.

In the base, he had originally been regarded as an essential source of information of the world outside Noverus. It was not long, however, that he too began to loose touch with the outside world in the strange subterranean base. Though the base seemed nearly infinite when he first arrived, he quickly realized the base was less impressive in terms of size, but rather its ingenious use of finite space and supplies. The use of the city's water pipelines and sewers as an energy source was simply amazing, and the sheer frugality of every resource in the base astounded Jonah.

He had put himself to good use, aiding the organization of The Oasis's Database and performing other civic duties within the base. His health, which had drastically declined after being shipwrecked here, had continued to deteriorate, partially due to his increasing age and partially due to the health deficits of living in an environment devoid of sunlight and where he had a significantly more sedentary lifestyle. While he was still skinny, Jonah had significantly less energy and less muscle mass.

The Pokemon that had been meant to be delivered to Slateport but had instead had been washed ashore with him had likewise grown little in terms of physical strength. However, Jonah was as sharp as ever and had been training the young Pokemon some of the battle strategies he had made up over his many years of experience. Having opted for maintenance of the base over exciting missions outside the base, he had learned a great many things about hydroponics, electricity, and mechanics.

Due to his diligence and his bountiful contributions to the base, he had managed to avoid being sent out for over two years. That changed when he somehow got assigned to go to the party, probably to serve as a foil to the more outgoing, less inquisitive members of the rebellion. Though he felt anxiety leaving through the strange and complex defense mechanisms of the base, he knew it meant he was one step closer to going home.
----
Jonah arrived at the party dressed as a Yuke. The costume was perfect; no one could recognize his face dues to the helmet, and he had lots of secret hiding nooks in his armor for hidden supplies. Not only did the armor provide protection, it also kept him warm in the cold of the night.

Jonah was extremely appreciative of the ornate architecture of the Victorian mansion. It vaguely reminded him of the Pokemon Tower back home in Lavender Town. The lovely hand carved railings, the large ominous doorbell and the relative draftiness of the house made him feel wonderfully at home.

However, Jonah soon discovered that his outfit had a problem, it was very difficult to drink punch. No matter how hard he tried, he could not manage to drink. So, in order to prevent embarrassment, somehow got pushed into serving punch to other people, with at least a 65% success rate. Not only was he occupying guests with beverages, he seemed to be very efficient at distracting them with messes to clean as well...

This post has been edited by Jonahman10: Nov 4 2012, 11:43 AM

--------------------
My websites (click to show)

My Acomplishmnents (click to show)

A pokeplush levels up when clicked, So click it!
Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Friend's eggs

My eggs;
+Quote Post

Rasu
post Nov 2 2012, 09:18 PM
Post #7

Get-A-Load-Of-This-Guy Cam
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 272

Active Squad

The nearby ground trembled as large footsteps broke through the silence of Antinanco Forest. At ground level a Rhyhorn roamed, pushing aside trees while a slim figure rode on its back. On the tree tops an Aipom followed the duo quickly, stopping from time to time to scan its surroundings and alert his owner. Nothing, every single time.

"Come on, we can't be that far!" The human riding the rock beast spoke with a rather annoyed tone. Khezu Moga was not amused by all the time they were spending trying to find a mansion in the middle of nowhere. He signaled the Rhyhorn to keep moving and the Aipom to keep searching. With a heavy grunt, the Spikes Pokemon started advancing forward once more, causing a small flock of Pidgey to fly away as it went by the tree they were roosting in. Checking the map for the fifth time that hour, Khezu sighed and just told both his Pokemon to head straight forward, as he had been doing ever since they got in that wretched forest.

~~~

"This isn't like that ball, Moga, and you heard the briefing. We're sure something will go down, good or not." a middle aged man stood before the much smaller and skinnier teenager. This man was Hendrick Armstrong, his superior known for the ability to instantly stop recruits and grunts with nothing but his serious, cold gaze. Today he looked particularly more serious than usual due to recent events involving a supposed 'treaty' between Magma and Aqua. He didn't trust any of it and he wanted to make sure Khezu understood why, word by word.

"Yes, sir, extra careful, I know." Khezu replied in his usual, bored tone but a quick glare from his superior easily fixed his attitude problem.

"It's one of those fancy masquerades or whatever they're called. Get a costume, go to this 'mansion' and, most importantly, don't give yourself away."

"I'm going alone?" Khezu questioned, which caused Hendrick to raise an eyebrow.

"Of course not. More operatives have been assigned to this mission. Do remember that everyone is in disguise, so don't expect to recognize any friendly faces."

"But why me? Why don't you go, sir? You've got far more firepower than me."

"Look, Moga, I'm not going to lie to you: we're low on recruits. We can't assign everybody to what could possibly be a trap and leave the Maw undefended. I hate to say it, but the Maw is our current priority." Khezu didn't like this answer. It was basically saying he was food for the Sharpedos if everything went to hell. He didn't have a choice, though. An order is an order and you either follow it or you're disposed of.

"...Very well, sir. How much time is left?" he still needed to think of his costume. Would he go as a superhero? Or maybe just a mummy? Whatever he would pick, he'd need to pick fast.

"You have five hours until the boat departs. And pick a light costume."

"Why's that?"

"You're crossing the forest by yourself. You honestly didn't think your previous failures would go unpunished, did you?" Hendrick's stern face slowly turned into a grin and into a hearty laugh in a matter of seconds. Khezu didn't quite appreciate him laughing at his misery either.

"Fine, I already got something in mind anyways. Think I can have that worn out combat armor chest piece in the warehouse?"

~~~

A small squeak interrupted the monotonous footsteps of the Rhyhorn. The Aipom climbed down from the tree it was in to inform its owner to head slightly to the right. After a few more minutes, light became visible in between the trees.

"Oh, thank God! Now we just need to find a breach in this tree lin-"

THUMP!

The tree collapsed as the Rhyhorn slammed its body against it, causing a fair bit of noise and giving them one hell of an entrance.

"Uh, yeah, I guess that works." stepping away from the darkness of the forest, Khezu's costume became more visible. His hair was hung up in a spread ponytail, with a red bandana covering the top half of his skull. His eyes were hidden behind dark green Go-Goggles and a fake, pointy beard outlined his bottom jaw. His torso was covered in a beaten up combat armor chest piece which, in turn, was wrapped in red rags, starting from his next to his left shoulder, down his chest and around the torso. A plated metal piece covered his right shoulder while various straps adorned his left arm, gray pants and one of his army boots. Khezu sported a few pouches on the lower part of his body as well as leather gloves with bone patterns on the top side. Small details included a canteen filled with water and a wooden machete, to avoid any misunderstandings once inside. His budget costume did a decent job at portraying Mordecai and Khezu was anxious to drop one-liners at every change he got.

He slipped a hand into one of his pouches and pulled out a Rindo Berry, feeding it to Tank, his Rhyhorn, moments after before returning him to his respective Pokeball while dropping a compliment on his hard work for cruising through that forest.

The fallen tree had left him just outside the mansion. As Khezu got near the main doors, he was greeted by a butler and directed inside.

"I know how much you hate this, but I gotta put you in your Pokeball, Double S. I promise, if all hell breaks loose, you'll be the first one out, alright?" the Aipom reluctantly agreed and let himself get caught by the red beam, returning him to what hadn't been used in weeks, probably.

"Well, lets get this party rolling."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Nov 3 2012, 04:03 PM
Post #8

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

The idea of a costume was not unfamiliar to Olivia. Nor was the idea of a party. She had, after all, gone to a normal school, a normal college, with normal people. So the concepts of this things were well known to her.

Repellent, yes. Unfamiliar, no.

She stood in her bathroom, looking at her face through a small patch on the mirror from which she had carefully wiped the condensation from after having taken a hot shower. Her face was framed in an oval that hadn't yet begun to deteriorate at the edges with water. The rest of her body could be barely made out, a pale, amorphous form below her face and wet hair. Like a ghost.

Her lips pressed together. She had heard of this party, and knew the inevitable would happen. Much like her recent status change from administrative associate to active agent, her supervisor had decided she was perfect to attend, perfect for distraction and deception. She wondered, and not for the first time, what he had heard about her that drew him to such erroneous conclusions.

With a sigh, she stepped away, walking out the door and into her room. The costume she had chosen was out on the bed, and she began to pull it on. The costume itself was a compromise: Masks were required, which she didn't mind, but she had gotten into a long, one sided discussion with Brittany, her friend, over exactly what needed to be done with a costume to make it a costume. According to Brittany, it must be as far from what she would normally wear as possible.

So it was, unlike her usual spacious wardrobe, tight fitting. Not enough that it looked like it didn't fit, but enough to make Olivia uncomfortable on more than one level.

The jeans hugged her hips, waist, and rear snugly. Olivia usually avoided hugs in all forms.

The bodice accentuated her chest in ways she hadn't been aware of since school. It would be sure to cause distractions, but not the type Olivia wanted to entertain.

The only compromise Olivia was able to make, and this was surprisingly easy, was that it was not some bright color. The entire costume, from the high heeled thigh high boots to the black wide brimmed hat was black, save for a single large red feather erupting from the hat's brim. Olivia looked at the feather and plucked it off.

Zorro, male or female, would not have been able to keep a feather in a hat, with all of the atheletic moves and sword fighting he or, in this case, she, would have had to do. Brittany would have to deal with that, if she could.

She looked in the mirror, then, nodding, pulled on the hat. Grabbing the last piece of the costume from the case she usually kept it in, she slid the plain fencing epee into the sheath on her belt, and walked out to make her way to the building where the "party" was being held, knowing, but not turning to check, that Isra and Nyx were following in the shadows.

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Aura Dynasty
post Nov 4 2012, 08:30 AM
Post #9

Guess who's back?
Group Icon

Jill Cortoma

Zephyr walked past the groups of guests. He had to refrain himself of looking up the entire time, as it surprised him everytime his eyes caught the height of the sealing. He decided it would be for the best to focus on something else if he wouldn't want to blow his cover by acting in such an odd manner. He saw many different costumes, some being pretty far-fetched but he let it pass as he searched his way up to the bar. From the outside Zephyr heard the noises of landing helicopters and even something he would've sworn to be a pokémon splitting a tree in half. He decided to ignore the noises and found the bar after a while. He was quite displeased when he found out the bar only served alcoholic drinks, and this was a problem, due to the fact Zephyr disliked alcohol. Leaning against the bar he scanned the area for a while and noticed someone standing at the table with the bowls of punch. The man wore a a mask that somehow made him look, if you had a serious amount of imagination, like a marowak. At least it made Zephyr think of a Marowak in some insane way.

He however found it odd that the man was distributing punch while being all dressed up, as he had seen other 'servants' in their custom garderobe. "Maybe I should go there, we had to blend in with the crowd until the signal was given so why not?" he thought to himself while walking up to the man and stood in the line that had formed in front of him. It seemed obvious to him that none of the other guests had found this small change odd, as they were probably thinking this man was part of the staff. After a minute Zephyr got his own glass of punch and while walking past the man he stopped next to him. He was glad to have something to drink but wanted to know why the man was standing here.

"Did you really just came to this party in order to distribute punch?" he asked as he took a sip of his drink.

--------------------
My body...
is made out of swords.
Iron is my blood
and glass is my heart.

Always alone....
On the hill of swords...

Made out of blades.

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Jonahman10
post Nov 4 2012, 12:25 PM
Post #10

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Awsome

Jonah clumsily distributed the punch to several people, and made a few more vain attempts at consuming the punch before a young man wearing some golden armor, and who looked like he could have been half his age, came and inquired about his habits with the punch. Jonah had originally taken surprise at the question, but then realized that this stranger was of a different generation and certainly wasn't aware of some of Lavender Town's service based customs.

Second downside to his costume: poor visibility. Though he could make out this young man's general appearance, it was difficult to distinguish some of his facial features through the helmet. He opened his mouth and quickly reminded himself not to give much information that would Identify who he was or where he was from. That ruled out a lively discussion on cultural differences, what a shame! But it didn't prevent a discussion on the philosophical nature of social roles in society.

"One major goal in life is to better ourselves. What better way can one better ones self but through service to another. Even though passing out punch is a small gesture, think of how it facilitates everyone's life and adds merriment to the party. In that way, it is a joy to hand out punch to other guests here."

His helmet hid his voice and added a rather echoing clamor to it. Personally, Jonah found it very cool sounding, however he wasn't sure if this was to the detriment of his speech or to its enhancement. Perhaps it would bring nostalgia to the table, helping him distract the young fellow. Even young people were nostalgic about their glory days, right?

--------------------

Friend's eggs

My eggs;
+Quote Post

Aura Dynasty
post Nov 6 2012, 03:34 PM
Post #11

Guess who's back?
Group Icon

Jill Cortoma

Upon hearing his answer Zephyr knew he was talking to someone who attached importance to the different social roles in the society. Furthermore he would have the chance to hone his debating skills and perhaps the man would learn him a thing or two about the philosophical nature of his own social hierarchy. As the attempt to start a conversation was a succes, Zephyr reconned that it might be for the best to not show his true 'nature' if so to say.

"Well if we are going to discuss this matter, I might tell you my name, as it is common courtesy to tell one's name when starting an interesting conversation, and I persume this will be quite interesting. Jackson Frost, pleased to make your aquintance!"

He held out his hand while in his mind's eye he was scanning all the possible things that could happen. As he was undercover and unknowing of the fact wheter this man had intellegences in the faction he belonged to, IF he even belonged to a faction, and wheter they had knowledge of himself, he would not tell his real name. The mere thought of getting exposed before the sign was given made him shiver in thoughts. He thought about he man's statement and a right repartee. a good thing the monks had taught him about philisophy, and rejoined.

"If one has to better oneself, one may be doing so till eternity, as we cannot become perfect. We cannot reach perfection but we can try by helping others, as I may take an example of you for using this small gesture towards others. However the gestures are enlightening, as they might better not only oneself but make others follow after the set example that one has given. On their turn they might help others with their gestures as well. But nevertheless, what do you wish to accomplish by bettering oneself?"

--------------------
My body...
is made out of swords.
Iron is my blood
and glass is my heart.

Always alone....
On the hill of swords...

Made out of blades.

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Protoman
post Nov 8 2012, 10:44 AM
Post #12

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 39 890

Uprising Pokemon

After he received his mission briefing, Richie immediately began putting together an outfit that would be perfect for this masquerade. Searching on the internet, he finally found the perfect outfit. Pulling up an image of Kyo Kusanagi from The King of Fighters, Richie began to get the proper clothing necessary for his outfit. After two hours of searching and perfecting his costume, Richie was finally ready, driving to the ball. After arriving at the mansion, Richie finally stepped out of his car, but he looked exactly like Kyo did. Looking around at his surroundings, Richie whistled lowly to himself, surprised at all of the fancy different living standards of the rich and famous. Because he wasn't exactly used to the living styles of fancy people, Richie felt a little bit out of place for the moment. After a few minutes, however, Richie soon adapted to the surroundings, noticing multiple other people also participating in the festivities.

“So this is how a masquerade ball goes,” Richie stated under his breath, hoping he could find someone that he knew was a part of his organization as well. If he could not find anyone, he'd deal with working with an enemy in a pinch. Wandering around the area, he accidentally bumped into a few people, becoming rather apologetic as he did so. Richie honestly was a little bit lost at the moment.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Aura Dynasty
post Nov 8 2012, 01:36 PM
Post #13

Guess who's back?
Group Icon

Jill Cortoma

When Zephyros finished talking as a Longman bumped into him. “Hey! Watch out will you?” Zephyr turned and looked at the man’s face. The man looked a lot older than Zephyr, though their height was nearly similar. “Er… sir” he quickly added. He didn’t know who was in Team Aqua, him being a fresh-man, so it would be for the best to stay polite to older people. Just in case he would’ve been a superior.

”Ttsss, I’m getting tired of being this nice” he thought while trying to manage a smile. Good thing he was a fine actor, he could act all civilized but he actually hated the way the rich snobs lived. It was one of his advantages and the reason Julian had told him who he really was, as Zephyr managed to get them out of trouble every time they got into some. His debating skills had prevented them from ever getting any punishement.

--------------------
My body...
is made out of swords.
Iron is my blood
and glass is my heart.

Always alone....
On the hill of swords...

Made out of blades.

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Jonahman10
post Nov 8 2012, 05:33 PM
Post #14

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Awsome

Jonah listened carefully to "Jackson Frost," guessing that, like the majority of the guests at the function, he was simply using an alias. He might as well follow his example by calling himself by another name. Since he was dressed as a Yuke, why not use a Yuke name? Before Mr. "Frost" made his case Jonah introduced himself as Mr. "Frost" had done earlier,

"I call myself Zidrel Hgyasta. I am ever so pleased to meet your acquaintance as well!"

Jonah did not disagree with what Mr. "Frost" had said, and he was about to answer the question when another young man stumbled into Mr. "Frost." Mr. Frost lost his composition for a moment, but added the title sir when he turned to face the man. Was it a Freudian slip, or was he just being cordial? Well, obviously he wasn't being cordial based on his initial outburst. It could very well be the case that the two knew each other and were of the same faction. His goal was to distract as many agents as possible, so if he could get the other one to engage, he would be much closer to completing his own goal.

"Mr. Frost why don't we see what an unbiased mind thinks. Sir, what could one accomplish by trying to better themselves?"

Jonah smiled charmingly, forgetting that his face was completely masked. He was starting to get used to his costumes quirks, and was starting to enjoy the echoing effect of the helmet. He felt he was in a generally safe position; there was a window, which Jonah suspected close enough to the ground to jump out of if need be. A grand Victorian staircase leading to the second level was nearby also, though he would have to get past Mr. "Frost" and his friend if he wanted to do so. Luckily, it did not seem likely that he would need to seeing that it would generally be harder to escape from that floor. Another boon was that, from where he was standing, there was a clear path to the door, forming another potential escape route.

This post has been edited by Jonahman10: Nov 8 2012, 05:40 PM

--------------------

Friend's eggs

My eggs;
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Nov 10 2012, 10:14 PM
Post #15

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 745

PANE

It took him a few weeks, but luckily Abraham was given enough notice of the masquerade party. The idea was to become someone completely new, just like Halloween, with the caveat that no one be able to recognize your true identity. It was fun, and Abraham quickly decided what he wanted to do. It was important to decide early to give enough time for preparation, especially for guys who might need to grow facial hair for their role.

Abraham grew out a very thick goatee over this stretch of time. To match this, he wore a porkpie fedora, a purple buttondown shirt and a black windbreaker. Covering his face was a dark pair of sunglasses and to top it all off, with much reluctance, a wedding ring on his left ring finger.

Now, say his name. Heisenberg. You're goddamn right.

Granted, Abraham didn't quite have the age Walt had, but he wasn't about to simulate age with makeup. He'd be Young Heisenberg. No one would give him shit for that. He arrived a little late, but didn't mind so much. The party had already gotten somewhat underway, so he got to skip the awkward part where, which was sort of amplified since no one knew who anyone was.

Immediately, he scoped out the party, looking for someone who might be familiar. For obvious reasons, this was problematic, but Abraham thought he might have known at least Kanoa well enough to distinguish him from the crowd. He was wrong. This is not to say nothing caught his eye. It didn't take long at all for him to catch a glimpse of Lulu and utter a slight "huh," as though he were surprised. This was sort of a military gathering, and while he knew there were plenty of women in both Magma and Aqua, he didn't really expect costumes which sexualized the wearer.

It was interesting, certainly, to see this. The woman was very clearly uncomfortable, and she was making some of the younger guys in the room uncomfortable as well. Abraham just had to talk to someone willing to go out of their comfort zone in order to have a really cool costume. Belts? She went all in! Also, she was really hot, but that was secondary. Okay, it wasn't. In any case, she seemed a little older, but Abraham had been with older and he'd definitely been with worse looking.

"I like your costume," he said with a smile. "No idea what it is, but I like it." He felt a little awkward without a drink in his hand. It was a party, but it appeared the only drinks available were punch, and he wasn't the biggest fan. He looked over and looked back to her. "I'd offer to get you a drink, but you don't seem the type of girl who drinks trashcan punch." He noticed a few people who looked particularly young. "Or, God forbid, fruit punch."

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Nov 10 2012, 11:58 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

The archeops landed jerkily and Casper was nearly thrown forward over its head. That would have been bad on so many levels. Luckily, he managed to hold onto the beast's neck until it had settled. He slid carefully down to the ground and ducked, narrowly avoiding the jaws that snapped at the air where his head had been a moment ago.

The reptilian bird let out a hissing shriek and threw its wings upward, tail whipping behind it. Casper stood up more fully and glared. "Some pokemon are a pleasure to see coming. I prefer watching you go."

The archeops hissed loudly at him.

Draugr belonged to Casper's mother. She'd had the pokemon resurrected from a fossil and from the moment of its rebirth, the beast had hated Casper.

The feeling was mutual.

Unfortunately, Casper didn't have a pokemon of his own capable of traveling on, and he'd had no other way to get to the masquerade mission. He'd needed to borrow Draugr from his mother.

That didn't mean either of them had to like it.

"Scram, Zombie Bird," he snapped. With a hiss, the beast snapped at the air in front of his face, before turning and dashing off into the woods. Casper had no illusions that the creature would remain for when he needed to leave the party. It would return to his mother and certainly report all of his foul deeds. She was good at having pokemon to do that for her.

Casper cleared his throat and adjusted his costume where the ride over had upset it. Once he felt properly spiffed up, he headed toward the mansion. It was a big house, though he'd seen bigger. Idly, he wondered if he ought to release Strings. Maybe the shuppet could find something shiny while he was mingling with the other party-goers.

He found the entrance door easily enough, and there was a butler there to open it for him. He grinned widely as the man blinked at him in surprise.

"Jeeves!" he declared loudly, and threw his arms around the man in a hug. "They didn't tell me you'd be here!" He kissed the man soundly on the cheek, before stepping further into the room and leaving the butler standing there in complete confusion.

Casper flounced into the foyer like an overeager puppy. He smiled brightly as he looked around, waving at anyone who looked his direction. And it was certainly hard not to look. Casper had foregone the idea of dressing in something elaborate and expensive. He went simplistic and homemade.

His ankles and wrists were decorated with bands of grass that flared outward, and he had a similar, though thicker, wreath upon his head. He was wearing a green lay around his neck, but he was barefoot and, he had to admit, a little chilled from the flight over. He supposed that was to be expected, considering the only other thing he was wearing was a thin yellow-grass skirt.

He was the hottest hula dancer he'd ever seen, if he did say so himself.

Spotting the bar and deciding that was the best place to start, Casper made his way over to it, hoping for vodka. He liked vodka.

"Do you have vodka?" he asked, grinning lecherously at the bartender.

"The man was cleaning a glass. Cleaning. A glass. It was a very stereotypical bartender-y thing to do. Casper narrowed his glittering green eyes at the glass. Was the man a bartender, then, or was he merely dressed as one? Secret Special Agent Weard rubbed his chin with a hand, his eyes suspiciously dissecting the every movement of that hand, looking for evidence that it was, in fact, not the hand of a licensed bartender--"

"Did you want vodka, or are you just going to continue to... narrate... everything you do?"

"Secret Special Agent Weard thrusts his index finger desperately into the air. "Vodka!" he demands. Vodka must be had by all!" The bartender was giving him a "I think you need to be institutionalized" look as he handed over the glass of Absolute. Casper took it cheerfully.

"Secret Special Agent Weard claims his drink with glee, making a note for future reference that the possibly not-really-a-bartender-bartender is easily distracted by self-narration. His simple-mindedness has allowed for Secret Special Agent Weard to claim the alcoholic beverage of his choice when he is, in fact, not of legal age. This calls for verbal celebration, listeners. Boo and yah."

"Hey!" the bartender yelled, lunging around the bar, reaching for him. Casper ducked, swerved, twisted, and shimmied, most of it completely unnecessary, in an attempt to get away. He dashed across the room, not even half as fast as he was able, his skirt bouncing around him as he ran.

"Secret Special Agent Weard flees from the crazed bartender that might not really be a bartender. He fears for his life, and for the life of his vodka, obtained under such arduous circumstances. He knows, no matter what happens within the next five minutes, he will always cherish the moments he has had with his--oumpff."

Casper's speech was cut off by his suddenly running flat-out into someone. He winced as his butt landed hard on the ground, and he heard the sound of his glass shatter.

He glanced up to see who he had run into and was momentarily startled by a familiar face. Or, rather, a familiar many-belted wardrobe bearing an unfamiliar face. "Vamp!" he cried, delighted, noted that his vodka had spilled all over the bare chest of the person dressed as one of his favorite video game vampires. Casper heard the possibly-not-a-bartender grumble loudly, clearly giving up his chase since he no longer held a glass of alcohol.

Casper grinned widely at the man before him, baring all of his teeth. "I'm terribly thirsty and it seems you're wearing my drink. Would you mind if I licked you?"

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Nov 14 2012, 02:03 AM
Post #17

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

Uri's cheerful chirp indicated that someone had approached well within Regan's personal bubble. Turning her head slowly, in an uninentionally coy manner, she honed her steely gaze in on the man in the fedora. Without even waiting for a hello, the man turned his charm faucet to full, and indeed did a slew of rubbish spill out of his mouth. Uncomfortable in her costume, and uncomfortable in a room full of strangers in even stranger costumes, Regan's grouch mode zoomed to the forefront.

Turning to face him, she met the man, who looked suspiciously like a drug-dealer, square in the eye. Refusing to show herself as vulnerable, despite her unfamiliarity with such immodest clothing, she didn't feel the need to summon an icy glare. She chose, instead, to rise to his 'challenge' and square off against him.

"Though you're correct about my aversion to punch of both the trashcan and fruit variety, I'm a bit insulted; this sort of talk is usually reserved for stupider women. I can't, in good conscience, allow it to work on me." She sized him up, even as the adorable Minccino in her arms squirmed around trying to get a better look at the man.

Yet, the mysterious man in a fedora struck an interesting chord within Regan's psyche. She hadn't foreseen herself becoming pleased at anyone's compliments for her costume, especially since she hadn't picked it out herself. No one ever complimented her on her style in clothing, and no one ever had to. In this case, the mere fact that someone had done so (and so early in the game), meant that she'd clearly stepped out of her role, which would make it all the more difficult for her to be noticed.

Still unused to the games of espionage, Regan had to take a moment to remind herself that this man was potentially an enemy. The great gambit of this scheme was that the enemies were all present, and interspersed were her fellow rebels. The great boon to the experience came in the form of costumes, so that no one was recognizable. But to her knowledge, she recognized very few of her rebel companions as it stood, even without the help of further costuming. Thus, it proved a double-edged sword, and the uncertainty felt like a slap to her face.

This philanderer could either have been an ally or an enemy, and she had no means by which to discern it. Perhaps she'd have to be less frosty, and perhaps show some interest in order to ascertain information. She'd never, to her knowledge, utilized her feminine wiles in this way, nor was she particularly eager to start now. Nevertheless, logically, it seemed easiest to first figure out his allegiance, without being direct or dumb about it. In turn, she figured there was a chance of him playing precisely the same game. Psychology was not Regan's strong suit, and games even less so. This meant the psychological game could quickly devolve into a hot mess in an instant.

"Might I suggest approaching again, but this time with a glass of wine." Her eyes flicked over him once more, scanning him again. Admittedly, he wasn't bad looking, but she really didn't have time for men potentially half her age. "You seem sharp, so I can imagine that you'll figure out what sort of wine I drink from your glancing study of me." That seemed an appropriate sort of socialization to Regan. Nowhere in her mind had it ever crossed her that she could get someone to buy her drinks, but this would at least help the flirtatious gentleman decide if she was even worth the pursuit.

Even if he didn't rise to her obvious challenge, there was still time wherein she could find another mark, as her mission had mandated.

Kanoa had meandered back into the party, having finish a glass of red wine from the bar, and having deftly swiped a few of the tiny, shot sized bottles from the decor. Slipping them in to the convenient pockets his costume provided, he moved his way around, looking hopelessly for signs of people he knew. With that quantity of people seeming low, he felt it certain that it would be even more of a challenge to find someone he actually liked.

On top of it all, most people hadn't taken up the mantle that halloween typically offered. For a halloween party, Kanoa deemed there to be entirely too much clothes still on people. Wasn't the point of Halloween to expose one's skin in sexy, creative or pop-culturally relevant ways?

Still scanning the room for acquaintances or hotties, Kanoa let out a sudden: "Woomph!" as someone ran full force in to him. Bracing himself with reflexes that surprised even him, Kanoa managed to stay upright, but a cool liquid splashed all over his chest. Luckily, he wasn't wearing any sort of costume to be stained by punch. But the smell wasn't that of punch, no. It smelled suspiciously like vodka, which is an alcohol that Kanoa typically avoided unless mixed with something obnoxiously fruity.

Looking down at the offender, Kanoa's face burst into a grin to match the man now grounded. The young man had instantly recognized Kanoa's costume, which pleased the latter to no end, and evidently wore little in terms of clothing himself, which pleased the former in turn.

"Please, feel free. But I suppose it's only fair if I get to lick you back!"

Reaching down, Kanoa extended his hand to help the attractive young man back up. "Pleased to meet you, Mr. Hula. I'm Vamp." While he knew that he had a boyfriend waiting for him back at his apartment complex, who had definitely wanted to see Kanoa's sexy outfit, Kanoa gently reminded himself that he wasn't out for Halloween strange. In fact, he was on a mission. However, the Hula Dancer he'd just met had run full force into him holding alcohol, which meant some sort of fun-loving kindred spirit.

Once the Hula Dancer had returned to his feet, Kanoa reached into the little pouches on his belt and procured the travel sized bottles of alcohol, offering a replacement vodka in return.

Party time.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Aura Dynasty
post Nov 14 2012, 09:09 AM
Post #18

Guess who's back?
Group Icon

Jill Cortoma

"Ah yes mister Hgyasta, that would be a marvelous idea!" Zephyr responded his new companion. He saw something that might have been a sparkle of recognision in Mr. Hgyasta's eyes. A sparkle someone has when he/she thinks he has figured something out. Zephyr frowned for a second and had the feeling of being watched. He took another sip from his glass of punch, now tasting which kind of punch it was, just to set his thoughts off the feeling. He tasted something that might have been cherry, perhaps cranberry? Something with a sweet taste and some bitter accents... "Elder blackcurrent juice!" he suddenly sprouted. When realizing he had just said his thoughts out loud quickly tried to redo his mistake. "Er- I meant the punch is Elder blackcurrent juice... special taste, bitter-sweet -" he stopped as he deemed his attempts futile. The feeling of gazing eyes hadn't left and he was now sure someone was watching him.

Zephyr felt a pair of piercing eyes gazing upon him and wondered where they came from. Unnoticed by his fellow conversation partners he scanned the ballroom for the pair of eyes that were looking at him. Then suddenly he saw who's gazing eyes were watching him. Somewhere a little further from where his body of conversation partners was standing, in other words next to the table with the punchbowl, he saw a guy who looked just a little younger than himself.

He saw that he was dressed like Vamp, a character he had once seen in a video-game... which one was it again? He wasn't really interested, at least not in the man dressed as Vamp, rather the lady he was accompaning. Her face looked quite annoyed, guessing she wasn't happy with her costume, but the Zephyr guessed that the other male guests didn't mind that at all. To be honest he didn't mind, as she looked, uhm... utmost enchanting to say it with a civilized word. Though the lady could've been his mother, as he had analyzed her posture and lineaments and concluded that the 'enchanting' woman would've been somewhere near the age of 38 - 40 at most - and thus unavailable.

He then set his attention back at her companion and found it only policy to give him the same greeting as he had given him, a vicious glare that would be. He hoped his glaring had gone unseen by his own companions and wanted to join the conversation again both in body and mind as he again heard something strange. Was someone narrating himself? The moment before he turned away his eyes a young man, probably around his age, bumped into the man and spilled his drink on him while tumbling over. The man was dressed like a hula-guy and shouted 'Vamp' in surprise as he saw whom he had spilled upon. Zephyr couldn't just manage to surpress a smile, if someone saw him right now, they'd only see a young guy grinning in the most awkward of ways.

That smile however was peanuts compared with the emotions raging within him as he had to to his very best to not burst into laughter. He admired the guts of the man -no even respected him for it- and thought that perhaps he would've become good friends if this had occured somewhere else then during this particular mission. And when the man dressed as Vamp, he suddenly remembered this being a character in the Metal Gear solid-series, told him it was ok only if he could 'return the favor' he just couldn't keep himself together anymore and started laughing.

"What a set of guests are invited here... I've never imagined that this party would become so hilarious!"

--------------------
My body...
is made out of swords.
Iron is my blood
and glass is my heart.

Always alone....
On the hill of swords...

Made out of blades.

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

SilverLugia456
post Nov 29 2012, 09:28 AM
Post #19

None
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 102 120

Top Favorites

Letting out a disgruntled sigh while walking pass the doors and presenting a invitation to this party, Saphira sets onto the marble floor wearing her last minute costume which doesn't seem out of the ordinary since she is wearing a long silk silver dress, the sleeves are long and cut a certain way to look like wings and she is wearing a matching color coat around her silver dress. Over her head she has a band with a 'diamond' in the center and her hair is tired up more like a princess than the usually fashion. Looking around at the walls and then following the drapes towards the ceiling her disgruntled appearance lightens up a little bit as she stares in awe at the bright Chandlers hanging from the ceiling. Taking a few minutes to take in the sights around her its not until she starts to hear the conversations of the party people that her attention goes back to the situation at hand.

"This has to be someone's idea of a joke...whether its a mission...or a party...this just has to be a joke...I'm not sure how long I will be able to keep up this carefree attitude trying to see the bright side of things." With this thought in mind she slowly looks down at her sleeves and the dress that she is wearing and as she passes a mirror hanging in the hall checks to make sure that everything is in place before others see her. In the mirrors reflection she can see her displeasure which is basically because she is wearing the kind of dress that she is, taking in a deep breath she perks up a bit and tries to hide the displeasure and replaces it with calmness and joy.

"Well, looks like the party and mingling has already started better hurry" She looks forward towards the big double doors that leads to where everyone else is, quickening her pace she lifts up her dress so that she doesn't trip and heads right into the room where the other guest are.

--------------------

Visit my youtube Page: SilverLugia345

GPXplus Groups Joined (click to show)

Contest Ribbons and Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:57 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.