Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Unexpected results
Evren Vale
post Jun 15 2009, 03:03 PM
Post #41

Insanity has nothing on me.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11 551

Active Squad

"I've never seen them actually angry at each like this, at least not for awhile." Adrian replied, somewhat concerned. It's true siblings bicker, but Nido and Nida are different. They almost always see eye to eye, meaning this would have to be a big problem for them to come this level of aggression.

Nido fanned out his spines, almost looking ready to pounce. Naturally, this seemed to shock Nida a little. He had never seemed this violent before. Not that it mattered, as the moment he did, Adrian grabbed him.

"Nido! What's wrong with you, getting ready to attack your sister like that!" He snapped slightly, frightening the poor bunny Pokemon. "We are a family, we can't fight amongst ourselves like this!" His voice was still raised, but had a touch of warmth. Nido and Nida both seemed to feel the tension ease a little. They were a family, Adrian and the Nidorans. They had been for years. Together they could overcome any trial. "I don't know why you are arguing... But please stop. For all of us, and for the sake of our new friends." The last bit caused both Nidoran's to twitch. He considered Ajay and his Pokemon friends now. Though, given Adrian's lack of friends otherwise, it would probably easy for him to feel that way, but still... Friends don't fight. Nido's quills stopped fidgeting, finally letting himself at ease. Nida trotted over to her trainer, rubbing against his leg in remorse, to which he quickly scooped her up two, holding the two closely.

He was right, they were a family, and they would not be torn apart like this.

--------------------

The Claims of Kael Sabel

All Pokemon Sprites and Background Credit GTS+
Trainer Sprite Credit Myself.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Saroko Phoenix
post Jun 15 2009, 03:34 PM
Post #42

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 740

Shadows...

Ajay and Ammonia remained in the back through this touching scene. Ajay was as emotionless as ever, but Ammonia seemed to admire the whole thing. Yeah, when Nido started bristling his spines it got scary, but Ammonia respected it none the less. Usually when she fought with Dropwort, Ajay would let them duke it out. He never broke a fight before.

Then again, he never asked for anyone to break up any fights he got in. Ajay believed in finishing things.

The boy watched silently but there was a slight change in his expression. It was hard to tell under his hat what kind of expression it was though. It disappeared as quickly as it came though.

--------------------

Avatar made by the wonderful Miracle Eye!

stunky.gifstunky.gifstunky.gifstunky.gifstunky.gif
CLAIMER OF THE STUNKY!

Eggs (click to show)
+Quote Post

Evren Vale
post Jun 19 2009, 07:03 PM
Post #43

Group Icon

Active Squad

Emotions tempered, Adrian turned to his companions.

"I think everything is alright now." He said, though he couldn't read Ajay at all, thus being unable to determine if he even cared. "It's getting pretty dark, though, we probably should get ready to call it a night." He commented, looking at the sky. "I don't keep much in the way of traveling supplies, so if you need help setting up camp, let me know." He finished, beginning to look for a suitable spot for the small group to rest.

They all needed it after this day.

--------------------

The Claims of Kael Sabel

+Quote Post

Saroko Phoenix
post Jun 19 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #44

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Shadows...

This time Ajay's expression was a clear but odd mixture of disaproval(expected) and confusion(less expected). Ammonia, not wanting Ajay to ask why, chirped quickly at him and glanced up at the moon every so often. Ajay looked at her for a minute before he seemed to understand. "Ah," he said. He sounded embarrased. "I keep forgetting people run on different clocks."

Ammoina watched him obediantly as Ajay glanced at her, then Adrain and the Nidos, and then her again. Sighing again, he muttered, "Considering the night we had, I guess we have no choice." He started wandering around, looking for his own place to camp out. All the while he spoke directly to Adrian. "We will work things out ourselves. You three just make sure you don't wake me up in the morning."

Not one for gratitude is he?

--------------------

CLAIMER OF THE STUNKY!

Eggs (click to show)
+Quote Post

Evren Vale
post Jun 25 2009, 02:09 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

Active Squad

Adrian scowled slightly. He didn't know why Ajay still seemed so hostile. Sure, they'd only known each other about an hour, so they don't have much ground for trusting each other, but they did just work together to survive becoming the main course for a bunch of electric kittens. Then again, maybe he wasn't a morning person.

"If you say so." He said back. Without much effort Adrian and the Nidorans found a nice spot the three of them could use. With a little brush and smoothing out, it would make a nice comfortable bed. "Well, here's to things going better tomorrow." He said to his little Pokemon.

The pair nodded. Indeed, anyone would want a better day after what they had been though.

--------------------

The Claims of Kael Sabel

+Quote Post

Saroko Phoenix
post Jun 28 2009, 11:54 PM
Post #46

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Shadows...

Ajay chose a nice, flat surface bustling with soft clover to sleep at night and he signaled it to Ammonia by taking off his hat and dropping it on the innocent leaves. He would've prefered a shadier area but in this barren place that seemed impossible. Actually, he would've preferred to keep going but whatever came between Adrian's nidorans concerned him even though he himself didn't show it.

He sat down and spread his backpack out to serve as a pillow for the night. Ammonia happily crawled into his hat, chirping sleepily and curling into a tight ball of fuzz. Ajay habitually began to rub the space behind her ears as the stunky drifted off to sleep. This rythmetic ritual helped him think. He knew he was going to be in trouble tomorrow and having witnesses didn't help. The best thing to do was to wait 'till Adrian fell asleep and then continuing, but Ajay changed his mind when he saw Ammonia fast asleep.

The boy let out a sigh. He was just going to have to tough it out tomorrow and their was no way out of it. Before he could think of any alternative means, Ajay unknowingly fell asleep.

--------------------

CLAIMER OF THE STUNKY!

Eggs (click to show)
+Quote Post

Evren Vale
post Jun 30 2009, 10:56 PM
Post #47

Group Icon

Active Squad

Unfortunately, it was not a good sleep for Adrian. The events of the day had stressed Adrian a little, and in the end drew out his worst memories. Nightmares about the poaching incident. He was so young then, he couldn't do anything to stop it, and if it weren't for Nidorino, he probably would've quietly disappeared. He flinched as the shot went off, fatally wounding the poison Pokemon. Despite the toxicity, Adrian did everything he could save his benefactor. He was sick for weeks afterward, the poison seemed to strengthen him as well once he got better. Nidorina's stings no longer affected him. He owed Nidorino his life in more ways than one in the end...

His eyes lazily opened up before the memory finished itself, which was thankful. Another terrible turn was fast approaching. His hand grabbed the small chips of shell hanging from a string around his neck. A reminder of both tragedy and joy.

Sitting up, he saw it was before dawn, with the Nidoran's still asleep. He didn't know yet why they were upset before, but at this point it didn't matter, that was in the past. He looked around for his erstwhile companion, though he quickly decided against really looking.

"He didn't want me to wake him anyways."

--------------------

The Claims of Kael Sabel

+Quote Post

Saroko Phoenix
post Jul 1 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #48

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Shadows...

The hours of the night trickled away quietly and peacefully. As the sun began to creep across the sky, things began to come to life. Little bird pokemon began chirping melodies from their unknown hidey holes. In the distance, some oddish buried themselves into the ground, hiding their round forms from the sun. The warmth and light slowly pulled Ammonia from her dreams. Yawning, she crawled out of her trainer's hat to stretch.

She didn't often do this. Ajay was as nocturnal as a murkrow, so beautiful mornings like this were rare in the skunk's life. Once she got all the kinks out of her back, she could fully appreciate the morning and warm her fur. As she relaxed, she peeked at Ajay. He was fast asleep, oblivious to the beautiful day. No longer glaring or hiding his face under his hat, Ammonia could only think of him as a regular boy.

That reminded her that they were not alone. She quickly got up and trotted over to where she last saw Adrian and the Nidos. Their was a slight skip to her step and welcoming smile on her face as she approached them and chirped a 'Morning.'

This post has been edited by Saroko Phoenix: Jul 8 2009, 05:36 PM

--------------------

CLAIMER OF THE STUNKY!

Eggs (click to show)
+Quote Post

Evren Vale
post Jul 5 2009, 07:56 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

Active Squad

The small chirp from Ammonia stirred Nido, who looked up lazily at the female.

"Niiiiii." He yawned, hopping out of his spot, trying not to disturb Nida.

"Ah, good morning you two." Adrian smiled, crouching to get a better look at the two. "I see that you have beaten Ajay up." He spoke to the Stunky. "Well, I'm going to make something that will hopefully pass as breakfast, why don't you two play or something." He finished, standing up to look for nearby shrubs. Nido watched his trainer leave, and quickly turned back to Ammonia.

"Nido nido!" He cried, happily bouncing around as if to ask "What do you want to do!"

--------------------

The Claims of Kael Sabel

+Quote Post

Saroko Phoenix
post Jul 8 2009, 05:30 PM
Post #50

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Shadows...

Ammonia frowned in concentration. Smiling, she quickly tagged Nido on the shoulder. "Stunky!" she laughed, her eyes radiating child like mischief. She skirted away as fast as she could before the nidoran could even try and tag her back.

Unfortuneately, she forgot how well sound can carry, and the noise stirred Ajay awake. Growling, he pushed himself into a sitting position and looked up at the sky. To his annoyance, the day was clear and it was only morning, not cloudy and late in the afternoon as he had hoped to wake up at.

Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he got up and pulled out Dropwort's pokeball, releasing the sleepy water type. The mudkip yawned a little but quickly snapped awake when he realized what time it was. "Mud?" he said in confusion.

Ajay ignored the statement and put his hat on. "Ammonia probably up. Go look for her while find Adrian," he commanded. The boy grimanced slightly under the morning sun as he turned his back quickly from the water type, but Dropwort had already noticed and his expression turned smug. As he followed his trainer towards Adrian's camp, he knew today was going to be a good day indeed.

--------------------

CLAIMER OF THE STUNKY!

Eggs (click to show)
+Quote Post

Evren Vale
post Jul 12 2009, 08:16 PM
Post #51

Group Icon

Active Squad

Nido growled, though it was high pitched, indicating his cheerful agreement, quickly pouncing after the Stunky. The noise stirred Nida, who lazily opened her eyes to gaze around. Letting out a large yawn, she hopped to her feat in time to see the purplish and pinkish shape of the other Pokemon. She didn't really know what was going on, but her attention soon turned to the approaching figure of Ajay, along with Dropwort at his feet.

"Nid?" She cocked her head curiously. She hadn't even noticed yet the brown mass that was behind her the entire night had moved off to find something edible yet.

Adrian hadn't had much luck. He found some extra berries, but not many, and a stray egg. It seemed fairly new, so no danger of cooking a baby Pokemon. Those really weren't thoughts he was needing right now. Getting to his feet he walked back to the clearing, noticing some movement. Seemed the gang was about. He waved his arm once below eye level toward Ajay to let him know he saw him.

--------------------

The Claims of Kael Sabel

+Quote Post

Saroko Phoenix
post Jul 13 2009, 04:22 PM
Post #52

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Shadows...

Ajay looked up and waved back at Adrian to show that he had seen him as well. He plopped to the ground and watched Ammonia and Nido play. He seemed a bit uncomfortable about something though it was hard to tell about what exactly was wrong. He didn't seem interested that Adrian had found food either.

Dropwort, on the other hand, was the opposite. He had to keep blinking since his eyes weren't use to the sun, but he had a smug, cheerful expression on his face that quickly brightened when he saw Adrian. Mudkipping happily, he rushed up to the boy and began circling around his feet and giving him little, doggy begging eyes.

--------------------

CLAIMER OF THE STUNKY!

Eggs (click to show)
+Quote Post

Evren Vale
post Jul 13 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

Active Squad

Adrian glanced at the Mudkip. He had been up inside his Pokeball all night most likely, so he couldn't be as cheery as he looked. Though, he did look quite hungry.

"You'll get some, just be patient." He smiled before moving on. Adrian looked Ajay up and down, frowning at his dreary demeanor. "Not a morning person, eh?" He joked. "Well, I'll get something made before we move on." He finished before taking a seat, gathering some brush and rocks. The old method of striking stones to make a fire. It was often the joke of some lame survival movie, but when one lived most of their life in a forest, it is something necessary to master. After a few strikes, a soft glow came from the mound of leaves and grass. He was surprised it was dry enough, but he wasn't about to complain. "I was only able to find one egg, so we'll split that. The Pokemon can choose from this wondrous assortment of berries." He noted the colorful bunch of fruit on the ground.

Nida trotted up soon after Adrian situated himself, rubbing against his leg a little before inspecting the berries. She looked off to her brother and his playmate, the two still in their little game. No need to disturb them.

--------------------

The Claims of Kael Sabel

+Quote Post

Evren Vale
post Jul 13 2009, 07:47 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

Active Squad

((I have no idea why this double posted at all, sorry))

This post has been edited by Elysian Sable: Jul 13 2009, 07:51 PM

--------------------

The Claims of Kael Sabel

+Quote Post

Saroko Phoenix
post Jul 15 2009, 05:21 PM
Post #55

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Shadows...

(Hahhah! Don't worry about it. It's nothing. This one time I posted on an rp my computer hicupped. Five posts all saying the same thing in a row.)

"You have no idea," Ajay muttered under his breath, referring to the 'morning person' comment. Dropwort rolled his eyes and laughed as if he was enjoying some kind of joke only he knew about. Ajay shut him up with a glare and looked at the egg and the fire. Frowning, he pulled up his bag and pulled out a large, black frying pan he had raided from his kitchen back home. In the background he could hear that Ammonia had run out of breath by now and was rolling on the ground laughing her head off.

--------------------

CLAIMER OF THE STUNKY!

Eggs (click to show)
+Quote Post

Evren Vale
post Jul 16 2009, 03:28 PM
Post #56

Group Icon

Active Squad

A glint appeared in Nido's eye as Ammonia fell to the ground, laughing from their little game.

"Nid!" He cried as if to say 'I have you now!' leaping into the air to pounce on the Stunky.

Ignoring the playing, Adrian reached out to take the frying pan from his companion. "Well, isn't that handy. I wasn't planning on using anything like that, a big rock slab would've worked, but this will probably be better." The boy usually had little use for modern day utensils, often improvising with more natural alternatives, though he was no stranger to the normal way of doing things. "So, do you think we'll be able to reach Lenoilia today?" He asked as he began working to crack the egg.

--------------------

The Claims of Kael Sabel

+Quote Post

Saroko Phoenix
post Jul 16 2009, 07:49 PM
Post #57

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Shadows...

Ammonia's face became amusingly blank as the giant, pink bunny suddenly came flying at her. She let out a little 'oof' as Nido's weight combined with gravity crushed her underneath him. "Stunky," she protested, but it was an light hearted protest. Giggling, she tried to squirm away.

Ajay threw a stick in the fire to get it a little hotter. "We should be seeing the river at any moment if the maps are correct. I'd check now but with so little land marks it would be quite difficult." He glowered slightly and looked up at the sky. Something was definitly making him uncomfortable. In fact, he seemed quite different compared to last night.

He muttered slightly, suddenly looking at Dropwort. The little pokemon had accepted Adrian's offer of berries and had chosen the biggest pecha berry he could find. The water type happily chewed on it, oblivious to the playing and his master's stare, and sat next to the rest of the pile as if he thought he owned them all (Odds are he probably did).

Ajay got up and brushed some grass from the back of his pants. He took a few paces away from the fire before heading for another hill. "If we leave Dropwort to his own devices, we'll run out of food before that egg is gone," he called back. "I'll see if I had better luck than you did."

--------------------

CLAIMER OF THE STUNKY!

Eggs (click to show)
+Quote Post

Evren Vale
post Jul 19 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #58

Group Icon

Active Squad

Adrian nodded toward Ajay, though he wasn't sure how much better the youth could do. He was quite good with berries, and they have quite a nice bit, not to mention his stores he kept with him. Though, Ajay did have a good point, Adrian quickly taking the opportunity to move the berries away from the gluttonous Mudkip.

"For your own good, if you eat too much you could get sick." He talked to the blue Pokemon. Plus, he wanted to make sure the others got something to eat. Nida wasn't a problem as she started trotting up while he fried the egg, but Nido and Ammonia still seemed caught up in their play. He quickly let out a high pitched whistle to get their attention.

Nido's ear twitched as he laughed playfully while laying on the Stunky. He popped his head up, letting the Poison type up from his attempts to keep make her tap out. "Nido!" He spoke. Food had arrived it seemed, and he was asking her if she was hungry.

--------------------

The Claims of Kael Sabel

+Quote Post

Saroko Phoenix
post Jul 22 2009, 03:40 AM
Post #59

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Shadows...

Ajay seemed to ignore Adrian as he continued a little farther. He could see a few sparse bushes and young trees growing here and there, but they were probably picked clean by Adrian and pokemon. He continued along the distance, keeping an eye out for any promising trees and pokemon.

Dropwort 'hmphed' as Adrian scooped up the rest of the berries and tossed the rest of his berry into his mouth. He perked a little at the smell of the frying egg and tried to nose his way over to the pan. By this time Ammonia had gotten up and agreed with Nido about breakfast. However, as she came up to the camp, she caught sight of what Dropwort was doing.

Frowning, she scuttled over and gave a whistle to catch the water type's attention. Dropwort looked back at her annoyed but he quickly changed his mind as Ammonia threatened to spray him with a lift of her tail. Needless to say, it was all the warning he needed. He quickly went to hide behind Ajay's bag.

--------------------

CLAIMER OF THE STUNKY!

Eggs (click to show)
+Quote Post

Evren Vale
post Jul 24 2009, 03:50 PM
Post #60

Group Icon

Active Squad

Nido and Nida gave each other a low glance at the little display. For the most part the two Nidoran's got along, and even if they got a little harsh, it never was to really threaten the other into backing off or submission. Honestly, it made them a little uneasy.

"Nido!" The male quickly changed the subject, lightly tapping Adrian's foot.

"Ah, there you are. Here you go bud." He grinned, flipping a berry to him and his sister, their favorite flavor for each. He spread the others out for Ammonia to make her pick before getting back to the egg. It looked about done, so he removed it from the flames. "Now to wait for Ajay..."

--------------------

The Claims of Kael Sabel

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:51 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.