Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
The future of GPX
Synx Itax
post Mar 12 2015, 03:53 AM
Post #41

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

Without going deeper into it, I sincerely believed that the site was actually going to close down suddenly and immediately. Thus, I released everything I owned. Yeah, really.

That was a really stupid and rash move on my part, and I actually regret it now. Six years of hard work. And yet, a part of me feels a kind of weird comfort in it.

The community may not be as active as it once was, but there are still people completing Pokédexes, shiny dexes, achievements, battle stuff, breeding stuff, and other things on the site, and some take those things very seriously just as I did. If what I released helped out with any of this, then I'm happy to know that. I'm a Contributor after all -- let it be another contribution to the site I really love.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

GothMetal
post Mar 12 2015, 03:56 AM
Post #42

A random goat
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 16 952

My Platinum Team

It's like I have to say something... I understand everything said, and I'm busier than when I registered here (april 2009 I think...)... It's true you have less time to click eggs or whatever, although every morning the first thing I do is opening twitter and opening my party (I never post so much on the forum, I've been always frightened to break some rules while posting without knowing that... I know, it's a little bit silly...)
It's hard to think about the closing, but as it's said "nothing last forever"... but I prefer later than sooner, indeed...

I hope there will be a way to solve the troubles, and we could keep going with this project and enjoy it.
Here in Spain we support gpx too!

Thanks for all the experiences!

--------------------

- - - - - -

QUOTE("Evanescence")
You can't play the victim this time

+Quote Post

m190049
post Mar 12 2015, 04:04 AM
Post #43

Your local psychopath
Group Icon

Member No.: 44 497

Fav 3 & Fav 3 Legends

I've never really thought about it, but...

I almost feel like I can't even remember a time where I didn't play this game.
I joined this site more or less round the same time I finally started, well, "maturing" as a person.

The time I've spent using this site, and following every update, and analyzing every change, and committing myself to the GPXPls Wikia has honestly directly impacted my life in so many ways. If not for this place, I'm not sure if I would be pursuing the same career in computer science & computer engineering that I am now. I wouldn't have tweaked my dad's old computer and downloaded Opera and so many other programs just for this website. ...Like, It's not even just online relationships. I probably wouldn't know half of my real-life friends and acquaintances if following this site didn't peak my interest in the direction of computer development as it did. I would probably be a different major. There's a modest chance I wouldn't be in the same university I am. I wouldn't be living in the same city.

It's nothing short of amazing, when I think about it...

Honestly...
Thank you guys.

I'm far from an avid poster and I've barely even spoken a single word to most of the moderating team, but you guys have changed my life in so many ways.
I will appreciate it always.

Even when I'm old, I don't think I'll ever forget this place.

Just... Thanks.

--------------------

My Eggs & Pokémon:

Head Administrator of the
:. GPX+ Wiki .:
I hope you find it useful!
+Quote Post

Kari ShadowWolf
post Mar 12 2015, 04:11 AM
Post #44

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 29 106

Active Squad

I really appreciate that you took the time to make this post because quite frankly I had grown quite concerned after Wymsy's departure about the future of the site; I've honestly feared this for the last year or so just due to the lack of overall activity. It is nice to know that the site will at least continue to exist for some time as I personally have put lot of time in each day to the site even if that is just checking out whats new. I would hate to see this site ever leave but i know that if it must it must and I'm prepared for that possibility someday. Till then I will stay here and continue to do what ever I can for the site; I've always wished I could do more to help the site then just playing and the occasional donation but i know you guys have things under control and will do whats best for the future of the site and will make the best decision regardless of what that ends up being. Wow I cant believe its been nearly 6 years playing here seems like only just a little while go that I started playing.

--------------------

-->~<--
Please click if you have the time, thanks. ^^

I do custom banners upon request.
I can do almost anything in Photoshop just ask me if you want something.
Credits (click to show)
Groups/Awards (click to show)
+Quote Post

Pyotr
post Mar 12 2015, 05:08 AM
Post #45

Sugar Content
Group Icon

Member No.: 143 069

Unown

Exactly what m190049 said in the beginning of his post... what did I even do on the computer before GPX+? Right now I need to dedicate the 24 hours of my day to studying, and then resting so I can study more afterwards, so I've kind of closed myself off from all the games I used to play. Except for GPX+, I couldn't let go and I'm surprised that I'm still active after almost 4 years.

We can't help that someday, the day will come, but even if some of us aren't as active, we'll support you and try to help the community grow until the end.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Swizzle
post Mar 12 2015, 06:31 AM
Post #46

Wartortle Tamer
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 793

The Crew

This will be my 6th year on the site and it has been quite a ride. I've made a lot of friends, hatched a lot of Pokemon, and gained a newfound appreciation for coding (especially to make a site like this run smoothly!)

Thank you for being so forward with us, Zerxer. I had been noticing over the past year or so that things were heading in a somewhat stagnant direction and while I don't have the time that I used to have when I first joined, it is still a pleasure to come and click some Pokemon at the end of the day. I had thoughts that the site might shut down after all these years, but I'm happy to see that you put quite a lot of thought into this post and into your decision to keep the site running and I thank you for that.

I'll stick around until the end and, like many others, I completely 100% support any decisions y'all might make. happy.gif

--------------------

~Kai avatar by PurpleKecleon~

squid comin through get out the way くコ:彡 =3

AWESUM trainer portrait by Kady!
+Quote Post

Persusson
post Mar 12 2015, 06:36 AM
Post #47

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 156 330

Active Squad

Thank you for your heartfelt words and all your (the whole team) efforts up to now and onwards.
It really was an awesome time and I'm looking forward to the future, even though I'm not really active anymore.
+Quote Post

Xazinay
post Mar 12 2015, 07:09 AM
Post #48

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 302

Active Squad

Thank you for all that you guys have done, and for giving us this wonderful website (pair of websites?) =3

I've never been active at all on GTS, but I enjoy GPX to my fullest even if I take little breaks here and there. It's been one of the most stable sites I've been on and kept my interest the longest by far. Even after my five years of being here I still love putting on something to watch and going on clicking sprees since I'm not very good at sitting still to watch something. There are some goals I want to achieve yet, so I'm glad to hear the site won't be immediately disbanded even if it remains a possibility. Thank you for keeping us in the loop and promising us a proper warning as well if it should come to an end.

Now I'll go back to being awkward in my corner ^-^
+Quote Post

Professor Eucaly...
post Mar 12 2015, 07:31 AM
Post #49

Not really Australian, but Koalas still bite me.
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 534

GODSQUAD

Wow, not really sure what to say here... feels like I've been here for so long even if I've taken year-long vacations.

Thanks for being upfront and honest about this, as lots of people have already said, you've created a great site that's brought lots of people fun and joy. Never thought this site would last forever, but 6 (or perhaps 8) years doesn't feel as long as it actually is. Good luck to wherever you may be headed, see you space cowboy.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Wastelander
post Mar 12 2015, 07:39 AM
Post #50

True king
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 552

The Runaways

I'd be the first to admit that Wymsy stepping down is a shock, but I wish her all the best.

And as for GPX+/GTS+, I'd love to see the sites live on, even if they are not able to match their once record-high activity levels. I'd like to see a return to the lovely little community we had here forum side before GPX+ was a glimmer in the admins eyes but of course times change and we'd be foolish to not change with them.

I'll happily accept any decisions that the staff decide to make, and I still like to check this place out every once in a while.

This post has been edited by Wastelander: Mar 12 2015, 07:40 AM

--------------------

Software engineer by day. Hermit writer by night.
nothing is impossible chasing a super hero on the run
+Quote Post

Caladrius
post Mar 12 2015, 07:51 AM
Post #51

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 765

Active Squad

QUOTE(Destry @ Mar 11 2015, 11:01 PM) *
I see a lot of "glad the site isn't closing" sentiments and find myself unable to echo them. Like many of you, I have been a long-time member of GPX+ and have fond memories of it. I too remember when it was crazy busy and how fun that was. What it is today, you have to admit, is a husk of its former self. That could be for any number of reasons, and it doesn't really matter because... no one is around to care. Thing is, without interested admins who will continue to work on the site and have it grow (I'm talking substantially, beyond the scope of a dress-up contest or whatever), GPX+ will inevitably die. It won't attract anyone new. No one's advertising it. Is it really so great to have it frozen in time? As users we will stop using it one by one at this stage. There will be no GPX+ resurgence. What are we hanging on to here?

As someone who was with the site from if not the first, then the second day, I feel torn about this too. There is that first relief of 'oh, it stays, things won't have to change that much'. but we might only realize the extent of what this means in the long run.

I feel like we don't often realize, how much the feel of the site depended on the sheer constant amount of work the team put in, implementing new features and stuff to do to keep things interesting. The change and new things to discover are a big part of what keeps this from being lifeless pixels. I went on hiatus a few times, and I might have stayed off, if I hadn't seen some shiny new things to work towards every time I checked back in.

And that realization, of course, makes me want to say thank you for giving this site vibrant and alive as long as you did, BB, Zerxer and Wymsy.

I get to take a break from the site when I needed to do other stuff and build new things in my life, or even leave. You guys deserve that too. And I wish you the biggest bursts of creative energy when you find the new things on your path you've needed to free yourself for.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Hiraelle
post Mar 12 2015, 07:52 AM
Post #52

Spheal Lover
Group Icon

Member No.: 68 755

ROULE

Well, that's not really a surprise.

I don't want the site to close though, but it will not be able to survive without admins that can do new things and events - and I suppose that involves coding, so if it stays as it is, it's just delaying the inevitable.

But well. Better than nothing. I wish you the best in your other interests and pursuits.

--------------------
GO GO POKEMON RANGERS

I took over the group, come and join us !
- Banner by Doctor Octopus
Affiliates : Azurite Knights - Malachite Mages - Shiny Lovers - The Networking Ninjas - The Postal Service

- Banner by eevee64

Made by Cycloneblaze

+Quote Post

SolarMoon59
post Mar 12 2015, 07:59 AM
Post #53

Leader of Bears
Group Icon

Member No.: 180 473

Shall we Dance?

Regardless of what the future holds, I really enjoyed this site and it's run. Good luck to you all, and thank you for bringing this wonderful site to us!

--------------------
Ah yes the scalene triangle.

+Quote Post

Aligatueur
post Mar 12 2015, 08:11 AM
Post #54

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 216

The croco team

I've been here for 6 years too.
And this site was everything on the Internet for me. Even if I've been not so active sometimes (because of a Shiny well I'll not talk about this), i've always wanted to stay here and to stay active.

But I've always fear this news about the end of the site. I'm sad to hear this but I prefer so much a site without any events (my goal here is for Shiny / Mass hatching so...) than a closed site because it would be so frustrating to loose everything in 6 years.

I've found french friends, we're a french groupe called "Groupe GPX+" and we know each other for more than 5 years. And this, it's only with the help of GPX+, and only for this, It hurts me to read this.

But... Even if the site closed, admins could keep the code / database and re-use it some years later... So well...

Thanks for all.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Gym Leader Iono
post Mar 12 2015, 08:22 AM
Post #55

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 209 917

Electrics <3

Awhs, I haven't been around for 6 years, though I only joined a year ago, I've had (and I still do) so much fun! Indeed it'd be pretty sad to see the site go shut. But everything written in the post is understandable also, so nothing to blame!

Hell, I don't even post in forums! But I felt I had to this time.

Thanks for making such a cool site! Good luck on everything!

--------------------
Need the Social Network achievement? Feel free to PM me. I will gladly add you <3

+Quote Post

Hiraelle
post Mar 12 2015, 09:50 AM
Post #56

Spheal Lover
Group Icon

Member No.: 68 755

ROULE

QUOTE(Aligatueur @ Mar 12 2015, 02:11 PM) *
I've found french friends, we're a french groupe called "Groupe GPX+" and we know each other for more than 5 years. And this, it's only with the help of GPX+, and only for this, It hurts me to read this.

<3

--------------------
GO GO POKEMON RANGERS

I took over the group, come and join us !
- Banner by Doctor Octopus
Affiliates : Azurite Knights - Malachite Mages - Shiny Lovers - The Networking Ninjas - The Postal Service

- Banner by eevee64

Made by Cycloneblaze

+Quote Post

ZetX
post Mar 12 2015, 10:09 AM
Post #57

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 165

Active Squad

Damn. I never thought about it, but this site's given me so many great memories. My first shiny, my first novelty (god those were rare when I started playing, freaking Zergoose shakefist.gif ), my first time seeing the "Old Man", the explorations, clicking around the shelter to get eggs I didn't have, see the new generations come, seeing the site grow, every new update being so goddamn awesome. I was never really active in the forums, but I loved going to the art section and check everyone's work there!

I seriously didn't see this coming, I guess I was in my own little world of clicking and hatching eggs! GPX+ helped me through some hard times, when I had some serious mood swings (thankfully that's in the past), I went through my teenage years with GPX+. Hell, almost 6 years. I was 13 at the time (ok, I'm still a teen), and the first years well hell for me, so coming to GPX+ was a great way to pass the time and just get distracted while doing something I liked. I stopped playing on GPX+ due to school, and after that due to me finding someone special to spend the time with.

Sorry, I just can't think of anything to write right now. Just please, if you DO decide to shut GPX down, give us a warning... I just feel there's stuff I've to do before it shuts down.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Mar 12 2015, 10:27 AM
Post #58

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

I can't tell you what it means to have read your nicely written sentiments and feel the honesty and hear the struggle in your words. Gosh. Has it really been six years? Sometimes it feels like just yesterday, but I see that yes, even I've been a member for 6 years come next month. When I joined, this site already seemed so professional and had it all going that it surely must have been built ages ago. GPX+ really helped me to grow to understand Pokemon and has increased my love of the game itself and I've truly grown fond of this site beyond measure.

Despite my prior hiatus, GPX+ has always been one and the same with me in regards of Pokemon. When I think of Pokemon I automatically think of GPX (as I lovingly refer to it). The idea that one day GPX+ just wouldn't be around... never even crossed my mind until I saw that topic on my home member page. With a gulp and shudder I opened the topic and read your eloquent remarks.

Frozen in time, like others have said, would be a far better deal then loosing the site altogether. I'm hoping you and Jeff both realize how much of a staple you've created with GPX+ and how many of us there are that keep this site close to heart and means so much to us. I dread the day when I turn on my computer, click on the saved site for GPX+, and see that "site not found" message appear. I'm so relieved to see that day has not come.

I can only imagine (and maybe not even that) how much work, time and effort goes into building up a site like GPX+ and then having to maintain it constantly. No rest for the weary, eh? I just hope the three of you know how much it has meant to all of us. Thank you for continuing to work to find a way to keep GPX alive. My hope is that there can always be a GPX website to visit, play, and interact with like minded persons even if it can't be updated on a regular basis because your real world responsibilities have pulled you both from us. I truly enjoy the standard explorations that we can run through and we already have the shiny hunts we can run on our own should the SWSH prove too much. While yes, the SWSH are quite fun (even when you're still vying for one over one year later), I wouldn't mind having a "reduced" GPX+ as opposed to having none.

Whatever you both ultimately decide to do I do completely understand. I thank you for the year's of fun and information you've allowed me to access and I hope that we'll all be able to access it for months to years to come. And if not I won't be throwing eggs at you both. I'll coddle them and keep them warm until they hatch. wink.gif

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Shinehollow
post Mar 12 2015, 11:11 AM
Post #59

Alpha and Omega
Group Icon

Member No.: 207 447

ocs

Thank you for such the heartfelt post...I don't know what to say...I've only been here for two years,but I love this place,even though I'm not active on the forums much.If you do decide to shut it down,I would be upset,but I would accept your decision.I know for a fact how hectic life can get,and sometimes balancing life and Internet life is difficult.

--------------------
"Getting some exercise, are we?"

GPX+ Pokemon (click to show)
+Quote Post

WillowIstari
post Mar 12 2015, 11:12 AM
Post #60

Ranger
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 954

Let Me Show You Them

Whatever ends up happening, thank you for keeping us informed about it. I've made friends, waited in anticipation to see if I was given a contest egg back in the day, stalked the shelter for novelties, and daydreamed about getting a ditto. Even if the site does end up closing, I had one heck of a blast.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:38 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.