Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
26 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
September Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
Mamanator
post Sep 28 2016, 10:02 AM
Post #461

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

Good morning All.

The count down clock has started for the SWSH now, hasn't it? Are ya feeling the pressure from it yet? If so, I'm right there with ya feeling your pain. I'd bite my nails down to the quick with worry over failing at this month's SWSH, but I had cut them down a couple days back so there really is nothing for me to nervous nibble on. *shudders* 208 eggs for this blasted bug and counting. Have you ever gotten the feeling that you began with the wrong Pokemon? *long, drawn out sigh inserted here*

So thank you to the powers to be that brought back the honey. When I just re-filled my party there was nothing but bugs in the Shelter. Hopefully... hopefully... but I'm not going to hold my breath. I think I just have to grin and bear it and see what happens. Hopefully, those of us still searching for our first SWSH this month, will get lucky before the clock dies down in two more days. EEK!!

For now I'm back to clicking while listening to Bored Meeting Tapes to determine if the boss was right. Did the Board create the committee or did they just talk about wanting to? Time to go check.

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Snowsky
post Sep 28 2016, 10:18 AM
Post #462

Malachite pride~
Group Icon

Member No.: 88 905

Team Nando!

Morning, Mamanator! Good luck with your Anorith hunt! grin.gif

Honey+ truly is an Arceus-send. And a Sceptilite for me this time, yay! I already finished this month's SWSH with two Budew, so I'm going to try and finish my Oshawott hunt for that last Splash Shard. Good luck, everyone, and happy hunting!

Piplup is my go-to for Steel-type Poké Hunts. Currently breeding, hoping for another Iron Shard.

Meanwhile, me and my high school crew are planning to go to homecoming. I can't wait to return and see all my high school friends again. <3

Edit: Nailed down Regice, going for Grass Arceus on my third DotW run. Let's do this!

This post has been edited by Snowsky: Sep 28 2016, 10:56 AM

--------------------

i dream in verdant and emerald

+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Sep 28 2016, 11:00 AM
Post #463

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Snowsky @ Sep 28 2016, 08:18 AM) *
Morning, Mamanator! Good luck with your Anorith hunt! grin.gif

Honey+ truly is an Arceus-send. And a Sceptilite for me this time, yay! I already finished this month's SWSH with two Budew, so I'm going to try and finish my Oshawott hunt for that last Splash Shard. Good luck, everyone, and happy hunting!

Piplup is my go-to for Steel-type Poké Hunts. Currently breeding, hoping for another Iron Shard.

Meanwhile, me and my high school crew are planning to go to homecoming. I can't wait to return and see all my high school friends again. <3

Edit: Nailed down Regice, going for Grass Arceus on my third DotW run. Let's do this!

Good luck on your 3rd DotW run, Snowsky! I'm playing around with the thoughts of starting that for my 3rd run through next week myself. Heck. If I actually win the SWSH before the clock expires... I'll even start it early. *smirk*

Homecoming is this week for my youngest, too. She isn't going, but apparently the ROTC classes are marching in some homecoming parade thing. She's super nervous about that because she said they haven't been taught how to properly march. I'm just hoping that she can relax and enjoy the moment.

Piplup is who I was vying for during the Poke Hunt also. But, with no shiny in site, I've switched back to just collecting bugs.

--------------------

+Quote Post

RicFule
post Sep 28 2016, 11:20 AM
Post #464

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(Snowsky @ Sep 28 2016, 11:18 AM) *

Not me. I go for the higher egg-steps myself. Currently have a 140 IV Skarmory inserted. Having a hard time finding the Beldum, however I have found some. Just nothing of a high enough IV level to halp get a rank 1.

EDIT - And I just found myself some Beldum eggs. LOL

This post has been edited by RicFule: Sep 28 2016, 11:24 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

KatTheBard
post Sep 28 2016, 01:40 PM
Post #465

I get a title?
Group Icon

Member No.: 122 414

Active Squad

QUOTE(MiyukoKaioh @ Sep 28 2016, 06:37 AM) *
Otherwise I am annoyed by all the Christmas sweets in the supermarkets. It is not even advent time yet and September is always too early for me & Christmas sweets.

Really though! Let me enjoy my fall! That being said, since I'm making my Christmas presents this year I've gone ahead and gotten a head start.

QUOTE(Mamanator @ Sep 28 2016, 12:00 PM) *
Homecoming is this week for my youngest, too. She isn't going, but apparently the ROTC classes are marching in some homecoming parade thing. She's super nervous about that because she said they haven't been taught how to properly march. I'm just hoping that she can relax and enjoy the moment.

As someone that did marching band in high school, that's a huge yikes! From what I recall, though, our ROTC did know how to march. I only went to the dance once but of course I went to all the games because band wink.gif

QUOTE(RicFule @ Sep 28 2016, 12:20 PM) *
Not me. I go for the higher egg-steps myself. Currently have a 140 IV Skarmory inserted. Having a hard time finding the Beldum, however I have found some. Just nothing of a high enough IV level to halp get a rank 1.

EDIT - And I just found myself some Beldum eggs. LOL

Yeah! I didn't see any Beldum eggs until today. Whoever has started breeding them, thank you! <3

~

I've got random bug bites all over my legs...bf thinks it's a mosquito but one of them is really swollen which doesn't really happen to me. Plus they don't itch. They're just there...

I don't have work until 5:00 today so I've just been farting around learning CSS. I say learning, but the concepts are very similar to work I do now (I add tags in word processing files for copy) and it's only just starting to diverge. So a lot of my learning is just "what tag exactly do I use to get it to do the thing."

I've got a decent Mega Lucario, upper 130s but male, so I'm still looking. For now I think I'm going to do some cross-stitch though.

--------------------

Daycare: Ditto x Audino

I auto-add anyone who is 20 or less adds away from SN. I try to update my Pal Pad every Sunday. I also accept PMs!
+Quote Post

Merinia
post Sep 28 2016, 01:47 PM
Post #466

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 236 860

Active Squad

I thought it was hard to find Beldums. I'm lucky then that I managed to hatch a 146IV one.

I accidently left the potatoes in the oven for like an extra hour. I think it might be a good thing, though? I haven't tried them yet, but they feel a lot like the potatoes you get at steak house.

--------------------
+Quote Post

KatTheBard
post Sep 28 2016, 02:21 PM
Post #467

I get a title?
Group Icon

Member No.: 122 414

Active Squad

An hour? Good grief, what was your oven set to?

--------------------

Daycare: Ditto x Audino

I auto-add anyone who is 20 or less adds away from SN. I try to update my Pal Pad every Sunday. I also accept PMs!
+Quote Post

Merinia
post Sep 28 2016, 02:29 PM
Post #468

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(KatTheBard @ Sep 28 2016, 03:21 PM) *
An hour? Good grief, what was your oven set to?

It was 375 Fahrenheit and for an hour so I could check them. So in the end they cooked for about two hours. That's actually a low temperture to cook them at, Internet says to use 425 Fahrenheit. That's probably why they were fine.

ETS: They turned out good.

This post has been edited by Merinia: Sep 28 2016, 02:31 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Wayward Rosalind
post Sep 28 2016, 03:32 PM
Post #469

An Empire for you.
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 729

Art guys

Good to know that the potatoes were still good. happy.gif

Got my permit renewed so set one of my goal is done. Now just to practice for a bit, remember how to do the thing with the cars and such. Hopefully my drivers test will all be passed before Halloween. grin.gif

--------------------

An actual art nerd. @WaywardRosalind- Twitter.

+Quote Post

Tulaash
post Sep 28 2016, 03:51 PM
Post #470

Tulaash, the Probably-Not-Well-Known
Group Icon

Member No.: 151 005

Some Favorites

So. Last night was pretty awful for me. My mom called and told me that one of my cousins had passed away. She wasn't much older than me (I think she was 19 or 20), and I hadn't even gotten to see her for a while. I really don't know what else to say except that I feel terrible. I'm not going to let it get in the way of my life, though. I still regret not even getting to see her one last time.

Today in school, I decided to start working on a choose-your-own-adventure styled game. I have no idea how it works yet, so I was wondering if anyone could test it. It takes place in my fictional Schön Region, based off of where I live. Would I be allowed to share an .HTML file?

This post has been edited by Tulaash: Sep 28 2016, 03:51 PM

--------------------
“New year, new me,” I say, laughing to my friends. Suddenly, I throw my arms out, golden light erupting from my hands and face. I scream in agony as every single cell in my body is rewritten, atom by atom. Abruptly, the light show ends and I drop my arms, coughing out a golden trail of residual energy. I am completely made new.

I am a Time Lord.

Where is Nebby?

This is exactly why babies should not be allowed to dual-wield flintlock pistols.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yggdrasil
post Sep 28 2016, 04:41 PM
Post #471

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 119 384

Active Squad

I can't find my swsh shiny for this month.... I'm running out of time. >_>

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Sep 28 2016, 04:48 PM
Post #472

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

KattheBard, thanks for that thought about your ROTC troop. I'll pass that along to my daughter, but I think she's already mad at me for not pulling her from school today. -_-2.gif Her anxiety is in overdrive for sure today, but she only has another 10 minutes left to the day. I just hope she found a reason to smile while at school. Here's hoping!

QUOTE(Yggdrasil @ Sep 28 2016, 02:41 PM) *
I can't find my swsh shiny for this month.... I'm running out of time. >_>

You and me both, Yggdrasil. You and me both. *eek* Dx.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

ToiletCommander
post Sep 28 2016, 05:39 PM
Post #473

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 245 008

Active Squad

Nothing like raising Pokemon while studying for an Exam!

--------------------

Is there anything that's worth more than peace and love on the planet Earth.
+Quote Post

Snowsky
post Sep 28 2016, 08:14 PM
Post #474

Malachite pride~
Group Icon

Member No.: 88 905

Team Nando!

QUOTE(Tulaash @ Sep 28 2016, 04:51 PM) *
So. Last night was pretty awful for me. My mom called and told me that one of my cousins had passed away. She wasn't much older than me (I think she was 19 or 20), and I hadn't even gotten to see her for a while. I really don't know what else to say except that I feel terrible. I'm not going to let it get in the way of my life, though. I still regret not even getting to see her one last time.

Today in school, I decided to start working on a choose-your-own-adventure styled game. I have no idea how it works yet, so I was wondering if anyone could test it. It takes place in my fictional Schön Region, based off of where I live. Would I be allowed to share an .HTML file?

Oh, no! I'm so sorry, Tulaash sad.gif If you need to talk about anything, my inbox is always open.

If you'd like, I can test your game, if you send me the link.

--------------------

i dream in verdant and emerald

+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post Sep 28 2016, 09:20 PM
Post #475

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

The surgeon's office called the house today to set up dad's appointment. He has to have surgery on October 11th, the same day I have a dentist appointment. I'm already nervous about my dentist appointment, now my nerves are going to go into overdrive.

He's getting his gallbladder taken out. He's not the first person in my family to have gallbladder issues. My grandmother had to have emergency surgery to remove hers and my uncle had his gallbladder rupture and it nearly killed him. They don't want to take the same risk with dad.

It doesn't look like I'm getting Anorith for the SWSH. Its fine though, as I already have my shiny for the month so I'll get the prize.

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

Indigo Sapphire
post Sep 28 2016, 09:22 PM
Post #476

I'm not that interesting I'm sorry.
Group Icon

Member No.: 242 587

Par-taay.

QUOTE(Tulaash @ Sep 29 2016, 06:51 AM) *

That's so young! I hope you continue staying strong.

~~~~~~~~~~

I have been hatching eggs non-stop this entire SWSH and 300 eggs later I still have not found anything... I hatched my Shiny Ekans in the last hour of the July SWSH so it might happen again this time grin.gif?

--------------------
Why, hello there.

+Quote Post

Kazuko Himura
post Sep 28 2016, 09:55 PM
Post #477

Art by Yoova
Group Icon

Member No.: 243 702

Active Squad

QUOTE(Asbel Lhant @ Sep 28 2016, 10:20 PM) *
The surgeon's office called the house today to set up dad's appointment. He has to have surgery on October 11th, the same day I have a dentist appointment. I'm already nervous about my dentist appointment, now my nerves are going to go into overdrive.

He's getting his gallbladder taken out. He's not the first person in my family to have gallbladder issues. My grandmother had to have emergency surgery to remove hers and my uncle had his gallbladder rupture and it nearly killed him. They don't want to take the same risk with dad.

It doesn't look like I'm getting Anorith for the SWSH. Its fine though, as I already have my shiny for the month so I'll get the prize.

I've had my gallbladder taken out before, so I can understand from both sides of the story.

On a side note, got a shiny Klink!

--------------------
Foobs.

Current Pokemon game goal:
All-ribbon Smeargle
Sites and things (click to show)
+Quote Post

Cryptic Lyric
post Sep 29 2016, 06:53 AM
Post #478

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 49 893

Favorites

Yesterday was one of the worst days I've had. Ever.
My best friend blocked me on pretty much everything and won't talk to me, without giving me a reason why. This led to a very bad, very long breakdown that caused me to go to both of my classes in tears, hand in my papers, and leave.
Then when I got home and went to calm down, my laptop broke. The hinge snapped and now it's pretty much useless.
On the way to buy a new laptop, I hydroplaned and ended up going off road for a bit. All is fine there, but of freaking course that would happen.

On the other hand, I got a new laptop. And shiny Snorunt, but it's male. Buh.

---

So this multiplier and Honey+ is exactly what I need right now. Great distraction from the swirl of my feelings.

--------------------

Fan of most things nerdy. Currently obsessed with Critical Role, D&D, Sun Haven. Always in love with Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Pokemon (obviously), and a bunch of other things.
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Sep 29 2016, 09:18 AM
Post #479

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

(((((((((( hugs ))))))))))) going out to so many of us struggling with real world issues at the moment. It must have been a secret full moon all week long because I tell you what... I had a "nice" cry on my way home from work so I feel your stresses and burdens.

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin, Tulaash. 19 or 20 is such a young age with so much left to see and do and experience. I will pray that comfort can find your family and that you can all work your way through the emotions and turmoil that you must be going through. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Is there any way, Asbel Lhant, that you can just cancel your dental appointment on 10/11? Even (and especially) if it is just a cleaning. The last thing the dentist wants is to have an already anxious patient and, with your mind so many miles away from your teeth... I really hope that you can switch that appointment time. I'll keep your dad in my heart and prayers that things go simply and as painlessly as possible for him with the surgery. I'd definitely call the dentist though and request a change of appointment. That way, if you want, you can be in the hospital for your dad waiting to see him right after, or you can be home with friends/family waiting for the all clear sign. My dentist is very easy going as far as appointment set ups. And even if you cancel the day before or day of, just tell them that you were trying to handle the pressure of both but you decided you didn't want to not be there for your dad. I highly doubt they'd charge you for changing the appointment time or cancelling close to the last moments. I mean, come on. That'd be pretty cruel of them. (((((((((( hugs )))))))) It's going to be ok.

Sorry to hear about the odd situation with your best friend, Cryptic Lyric. It sounds like the forces of "today is going to suck big time for you" went into overdrive on you yesterday. (1) your friend (2) your laptop and (3) hydroplaning. The good news I hope that you can take from that? You've had your 3. You're all done. Today has got to be better. So I hope the distractions of fun and happy times continue for you. As for the best friend, here's hoping that everything works out for you. I know that my own daughter seemed to have a full moon day yesterday, probably driving one of her good friends off the rails, when she told him she wanted to end their friendship. But after I spoke with her she seemed to be more open and, last night, they were texting up a storm like they normally do. God bless that boy. He really is one of the best things that has happened to her in an awful long time.

So hang in there everyone. We might not win this gosh awful SWSH... but hopefully the prize will be for sale and we'll all have enough points to pick up one or two of them. Here's hoping!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Merinia
post Sep 29 2016, 10:08 AM
Post #480

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

So many people having bad days today! I'm sorry! *group hug*

--------------------
+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:09 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.