Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
26 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
September Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
Cryptic Lyric
post Sep 29 2016, 11:29 AM
Post #481

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 49 893

Favorites

QUOTE(Mamanator @ Sep 29 2016, 10:18 AM) *
(((((((((( hugs ))))))))))) going out to so many of us struggling with real world issues at the moment. It must have been a secret full moon all week long because I tell you what... I had a "nice" cry on my way home from work so I feel your stresses and burdens.

Sorry to hear about the odd situation with your best friend, Cryptic Lyric. It sounds like the forces of "today is going to suck big time for you" went into overdrive on you yesterday. (1) your friend (2) your laptop and (3) hydroplaning. The good news I hope that you can take from that? You've had your 3. You're all done. Today has got to be better. So I hope the distractions of fun and happy times continue for you. As for the best friend, here's hoping that everything works out for you. I know that my own daughter seemed to have a full moon day yesterday, probably driving one of her good friends off the rails, when she told him she wanted to end their friendship. But after I spoke with her she seemed to be more open and, last night, they were texting up a storm like they normally do. God bless that boy. He really is one of the best things that has happened to her in an awful long time.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Mananator. My philosophy has always been that Wednesdays are the worst days, and yesterday just proved that tenfold. I'm trying to move on without feeling too bad for myself. I'm journaling again, and that allowed me to get my thoughts out without sharing them too much. It also allowed me to give myself a pretty big pep talk. I am going to be okay. Better than okay. I'm gonna be great. I'm focusing on what I want, trying to figure myself out now that they are out of my life, and I'm going to rock this life. I'm sitting here now, between classes, reworking my novel and actually planning stuff out so the rewrite I'm starting will produce something fruitful.

Although, the weather seems to have other ideas. So. Much. Rain. And my legs are kind of stubby so all of my pants drag the ground, no matter what I do. So I have wet pant legs and shoes. Parking on campus was horrible.

I am okay. I'm focusing on stuff I like, and I'm really trying to push all of the bad thoughts away. My heart is already battered; I don't need to break it myself.

--------------------

Fan of most things nerdy. Currently obsessed with Critical Role, D&D, Sun Haven. Always in love with Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Pokemon (obviously), and a bunch of other things.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Leorobin
post Sep 29 2016, 12:03 PM
Post #482

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 37 462

Active Squad

QUOTE(Tulaash @ Sep 28 2016, 02:51 PM) *
Today in school, I decided to start working on a choose-your-own-adventure styled game. I have no idea how it works yet, so I was wondering if anyone could test it. It takes place in my fictional Schön Region, based off of where I live. Would I be allowed to share an .HTML file?

I'd love to help, maybe by pm?

I hope those having a rough time are feeling better, it sucks when it seems like everything is just piling up against you. I've had awful streaks like that and things like GPX were a good outlet to both frustration and feeling helpless. Losing family and friends, be it by breaking contact or having them pass away is always hard. It is pretty much like loosing a piece of your everday and how youa re used to things.

On other news, the bag I was using to carry my work laptop snapped and it fell. It got a large chunk chipped off from the side of the screen flap, luckily nothing got damaged. The case is metallic on the bottom side, so only a little bent. I told my boss and he told me he should have given me a backpack for it, but that he thought my other boss had requested it. Oh well, I'll have to wait for the next budget roll to get one. In the meantime I'm using and old briefcase. Uncomfortable and large, but it works well.
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Sep 29 2016, 12:49 PM
Post #483

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

For all of us going through those hard times right now (and before now and after now and, well, you know what I mean)........

Spoiler (click to showhide)

For those that don't know who Jared Padalecki is, he plays Sam Winchester on the WBs Supernatural. They have a "campaign" going on right now, #FAHYB. I got the following hoodie for my youngest for Christmas:

Spoiler (click to showhide)

The second shirt's smaller print also reminds us to "Always keep fighting". Jared battles with depression even today, with a loving wife by his side and two young sons. I think he's an incredible inspiration to those struggling with depression and those surrounding them, working to help them through it. love.gif

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Luxrayx
post Sep 29 2016, 03:26 PM
Post #484

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 154 018

Active Squad

You guys, I need help coming up with a Christmas present. I know it's early, but I say it's never too early for Christmas smile.gif

My brother and I were discussing lamb meat - he thinks it's disgusting, while everyone else thinks it's delicious. Because here in Norway, lamb is what absolutely everyone eats on Christmas eve... Except my brother, of course. We both came to the agreement that the real reason why people enjoy lamb is because it tastes like Christmas eve, and while it's cooking, it makes the whole house smell like Christmas, it's so wonderful... But that's where the disagreement came in, because the reason my brother doesn't like lamb, is because he doesn't love Christmas. He likes it, but doesn't love it.
If it was just about him being an atheist, or if it was because he's sour about having to work when most people don't, I wouldn't have argued with him. But the reason my brother doesn't like Christmas, is that he finds it too materialistic. Like... What? First of all, giving gifts happens at the very end of Christmas eve, it's not like the whole day isn't packed with fun! And love shared between everyone who isn't sour about capitalism. You can watch Christmas specials that only come around once a year, the house is decorated and looks much nicer than usual, you can eat delicious lamb, more importantly you can smell it, you can bake baked goods with your very dearest friends, you can sing songs you don't usually sing... And then, in the evening, after all the fun you've had, you get to share presents with your loved ones and see how happy they become. It's not even about the things, as I said to my brother, it's about showing your love for someone by making a monetary sacrifice that also proves you pay attention to their interests. How can you not love that? Well, he says he doesn't appreciate gift giving as a sign of love, but... Honestly, all I can tell him is don't complain about people showing they care about you.

But all rambling aside, this brings me to my dilemma. I can

1. Respect his wishes and give him nothing this year
b. Give him a gift that's extremely thoughtful that doesn't support a capitalistic market, a reminder of what Christmas presents actually represent.

I'm leaning toward the second option, I don't think I'd be comfortable giving him nothing. But, uh... What do I give him? I suppose it's a question of what to give someone who has everything, with the twist of him not wanting anything either. I guess an option would be something like a piece of art, but I'm kind of a lousy artist, and he doesn't really care about art anyway. So... I'm stumped.

TL;DR Does anyone have an idea for a Christmas present that can remind anyone of the magic?

This post has been edited by Luxrayx: Sep 29 2016, 03:26 PM
+Quote Post

Orenji
post Sep 29 2016, 04:30 PM
Post #485

Selective Procrastinator
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 837

Pure Win

Definitely the concept of Christmas is more materialistic than it ever was and it's more the giving that's more fulfilling than the receiving. It's just easier to buy things though and give, which is why this culture has come about. I would suggest either making a calendar with personal photos (or even photoshopped images!) or there's a shop I used that coverts images to a jigsaw puzzle, if he's into that kind of thing?

IRL I'm having a bit of a rubbish time as well, so it's a shame to see so many things going wrong with other people as well. Big hugs to you all x

--------------------
I claim Wolfguard (yes all 4) and Jeorge (FE11 & FE12) and Soren (FE9 & FE10)
If you're bored...~

Avatar: Jeremiah 'Orenji' Gottwald. Nuff said.
Support me on NaNoWriMo and Fanfiction!

Owner of:

GPX+ groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Leorobin
post Sep 29 2016, 04:31 PM
Post #486

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 37 462

Active Squad

Well, Luxrayx, it pretty much comes down to what he does like.

Some cookies or something you made yourself would be a good gift with a reminder about how the season is about giving and family and warm fuzzy feelings.

If he is into something specific you could get something from the fandom for him, a token item that's not too expensive but that he'd like...or a papercraft you can print out and fold yourself, or something similar.

There's also local small business you could support and get something from, like artisans and others that usually have a small profit on their products to support themselves and not a large company.

Finally if nothings else works and you still feel uncomfortable about not giving him anything, print out a card sign it with a personalized message and give that to him. Or at least, that's what I'd do, just my opinion of course. :P
+Quote Post

Merinia
post Sep 29 2016, 05:19 PM
Post #487

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 236 860

Active Squad

Luxrayx- A handmade greeting card? You don't have to have much artist skill to make one. Just get some blanks cards, some stickers or stamps or clip art if you have a program and a printer that would work, and go to town. Then write a heartfelt message or poem or something. Heck, do it for the whole family if you want.

Or you can make something if you are crafty or at least willing to try learning a new skill. Something like a scarf is really easy to crochet and there are lots of free beginners tutorials on how to do it.

This post has been edited by Merinia: Sep 29 2016, 05:31 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Luxrayx
post Sep 29 2016, 05:29 PM
Post #488

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 154 018

Active Squad

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll have to think about it happy.gif

Speaking of feeling like garbage... I have a problem that shouldn't be a problem at all, and is really small compared to what the other people here have to deal with... But it's now past midnight, I have a German presentation at school tomorrow, and I'm terrified. You know when there's no immediate danger, yet you're frozen with fear? Yeah, that. I was supposed to have this presentation a week ago, so I've had twice as much time as many of my classmates, but I've still barely started. I'm always afraid of oral tests, but it's even worse in German. I know the teacher expects good things from me, since I always do so well on written tests. And the more time I spend complaining about how bad I feel, the more time I'll waste, the worse I'll feel... Ugh, I just wish I could stop existing from now until the day after tomorrow, or I wish I had some kind of everything-is-fine-but-I-can't-have-oral-tests disease or something... I wish I could bribe the teacher, I just wish there was something I could do. I have more homework as well, I haven't even started because I've spent the whole day switching between procrastinating and sort of but not really preparing for the presentation. In short, I feel like garbage because I'm not confident. It's not even about the subject, because I do always do well on written tests. I know the language... That's the worst part, feeling like I don't have the right to feel bad.
I'm sorry, I'll stop whining and get back to work. I'm supposed to get out of bed in a few hours.
+Quote Post

DraconicDM
post Sep 29 2016, 06:50 PM
Post #489

Lab Hunter
Group Icon

Member No.: 244 427

Active Squad

Thanks multiplier! I was able to complete the Creationist achievement today. And in the middle of the mad egg hatching, I even found a shiny Kricketot. Fortunately I had enough space in my PC, though I did by the last 5 of the 15 extra PC boxes.
With this I have 112 achievements, not bad in one and a half months.
Though I wonder what I should do with the Blue Orb I got... I already have two Kyogres...

Good luck with your presentation, Luxray!
I'm always nervous about oral tests too, but I never had this problem with English (my second language). I always treated English tests and exams as normal conversations. Though I guess part of the reason is that I've always been very good at English.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tulaash
post Sep 29 2016, 09:41 PM
Post #490

Tulaash, the Probably-Not-Well-Known
Group Icon

Member No.: 151 005

Some Favorites

Thank you to everyone who gave me their thoughts. It really means a lot to me, and it's one of the things that have helped me get through these hard times.

As for the game, I'm not really sure how the music folder works yet... Oh well. To run it, you should copy everything from the .zip to your desktop. This is basically the result of me working on it for a day: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0fsk2x9poi805ns/S...enture.zip?dl=0

--------------------
“New year, new me,” I say, laughing to my friends. Suddenly, I throw my arms out, golden light erupting from my hands and face. I scream in agony as every single cell in my body is rewritten, atom by atom. Abruptly, the light show ends and I drop my arms, coughing out a golden trail of residual energy. I am completely made new.

I am a Time Lord.

Where is Nebby?

This is exactly why babies should not be allowed to dual-wield flintlock pistols.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Sep 29 2016, 11:34 PM
Post #491

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

I hope everyone who is going through rough patches eventually makes it out all right. I'm also going through a ton of stress right now, and it's been affecting me physically (as it tends to do in various ways). Definitely not fun. I wish everyone well.

Luxrayx, with regards to a Christmas gift for your brother, have you considered something intangible? For instance, a gift card or something to some kind of business that provides an experience? Examples include spa visits/massages, art/cooking classes, local amusement parks, tickets for sports events, movie theater tickets, etc. Just naming things off, but that's something to possibly consider that I didn't see brought up.

Good luck with your presentation!

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Esmee1993
post Sep 30 2016, 05:34 AM
Post #492

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 242 633

Active Squad

Thinking of everyone who has a hard time.. I'm sorry and hope y'all be alright.

Over 500 eggs hatched, still no shiny. Hoping to do creationist today... but around this time there arent a lot of people online lol

--------------------
+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post Sep 30 2016, 08:50 AM
Post #493

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

QUOTE(Mamanator @ Sep 29 2016, 11:18 AM) *
(((((((((( hugs ))))))))))) going out to so many of us struggling with real world issues at the moment. It must have been a secret full moon all week long because I tell you what... I had a "nice" cry on my way home from work so I feel your stresses and burdens.

Is there any way, Asbel Lhant, that you can just cancel your dental appointment on 10/11? Even (and especially) if it is just a cleaning. The last thing the dentist wants is to have an already anxious patient and, with your mind so many miles away from your teeth... I really hope that you can switch that appointment time. I'll keep your dad in my heart and prayers that things go simply and as painlessly as possible for him with the surgery. I'd definitely call the dentist though and request a change of appointment. That way, if you want, you can be in the hospital for your dad waiting to see him right after, or you can be home with friends/family waiting for the all clear sign. My dentist is very easy going as far as appointment set ups. And even if you cancel the day before or day of, just tell them that you were trying to handle the pressure of both but you decided you didn't want to not be there for your dad. I highly doubt they'd charge you for changing the appointment time or cancelling close to the last moments. I mean, come on. That'd be pretty cruel of them. (((((((((( hugs )))))))) It's going to be ok.

Thanks for the hugs, definitely needed that.

Unfortunately, I cannot cancel my dentist appointment. I have to get a few cavities done that are in desperate need of fillings(thank you acid reflux for messing up my teeth!). The reason I can't outright cancel it is because if I do, I'll be stuck waiting another THREE months before I can get another. There's only one dentist and he has to take patients in two different communities. He tends to be blocked solid for months at a time so I'm lucky I actually got an appointment.

I know that dad is going to be alright, but I have very shitty nerves so everything makes me nervous. I'm just hoping that his surgery is before my appointment so I can be there and make my appointment too.

~

Well I got a late start to looking for a Metagross with good IVs for the Poke Hunt. Thirty minutes before reset I managed to hatch a 133IV Beldum, so I power leveled it to 60. I evolved it and used that as my entry expecting 2nd. I ended up getting 1st place and got my 5th Iron Shard. Hello Iron Plate(and an Insect Plate I just forged because I forgot to XD).

No Anorith yet, not that I'm expecting it. I think I did pretty good getting 3 shinies that I didn't have. If Anorith doesn't shine, I might just start a shiny hunt for it. This one will cancel at the end of the SWSH.

EDIT:

Your egg hatched into Sh. Anorith!
Your Pokemon hatched holding a Stone Shard!
Congratulations on completing your shiny hunt!

This Pokémon was egg #109 in Asbel Lhant's 15-day site-wide shiny hunt started on September 16th, 2016.

So happy right now, got all 3 shinies for the SWSH.

This post has been edited by Asbel Lhant: Sep 30 2016, 09:27 AM

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

Gym Leader Clay
post Sep 30 2016, 12:38 PM
Post #494

doot doot
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 031

R/S/E favorites

So I learned that even if you're too shy to do much posting in the community thread, you can win a raffle. wheeee

I have no idea what is going on the chat anymore, but it looks like hard times have hit some of you all? I hope everything is okay with everyone!! I love this community even if I've been quiet during most of my stay here!!! 💕

I'm kind of forgetting about the hunt a little because I got a Shiny Hawlucha like.... WEEKS ago? Still hunting for Anorith and, well, I already said way back on like page five that I got a Budew many many years ago---

Anyway, I hope everyone is swell!!! Mwah mwah!!

--------------------

|Gpx+ Party|Twitter|Deviantart|Tumblr|
groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

beachbanana
post Sep 30 2016, 12:41 PM
Post #495

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 241 450

The Squad

So I'm pretty confused. My shelter grab went down when i took some this morining and slowly it went from 21 to 28 and now it's at 31? Oh well I'm not complaining… I hatched two shiny ekans this morning as well, I've had that hunt going since june. Still working on anorith tho.

--------------------

+Quote Post

RicFule
post Sep 30 2016, 01:08 PM
Post #496

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(beachbanana @ Sep 30 2016, 01:41 PM) *
So I'm pretty confused. My shelter grab went down when i took some this morining and slowly it went from 21 to 28 and now it's at 31?

Have you been interacting with others? You'll periodically gain more grabs by doing that. Is it "You get more Shelter grabs for correct berry feeding?" Or just the interacting? Idaknow. I just know that it happens. LOL

--------------------
+Quote Post

Merinia
post Sep 30 2016, 01:16 PM
Post #497

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 236 860

Active Squad

I think you get more grabs for both. It just takes less proper interactions to get grabs than interacting in general.

--------------------
+Quote Post

DraconicDM
post Sep 30 2016, 01:28 PM
Post #498

Lab Hunter
Group Icon

Member No.: 244 427

Active Squad

Yes, I noticed it for the first time a few days ago, and I was surprised too. I think it's written somewhere in the Shelter, and the help page also explains it.
"It also provides additional Shelter grabs the more Pokémon you interact with, and even more when you feed a Pokémon the proper berry." - from the help page.

There are so many things, that I notice only now. For example the fact that you cannot see eggs you donated in the Shelter. I was really sad, when I noticed it the day before yesterday.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Wayward Rosalind
post Sep 30 2016, 01:56 PM
Post #499

An Empire for you.
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 729

Art guys

I'm very glad I got the sparkle Budew earlier, it looks like the Pink Anorith is out of my retch seeing as I gotta go to work in two hours. Ah well.

I might start this hunt up again. I never realized how cool a shiny Armaldo was. One of my favorite 'mons as well. I had an Armaldo in my OR game, she really pulled her weight.

--------------------

An actual art nerd. @WaywardRosalind- Twitter.

+Quote Post

beachbanana
post Sep 30 2016, 02:01 PM
Post #500

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 241 450

The Squad

Oh okay thank you guys. Yeah I've been trying to get elite clicker and i try not to do berry feeding usually because i dont like just clicking through everyone's berries regardless of if im clicking right or not, but I've been doing a lot of egg warming and that today.

--------------------

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:58 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.