Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Original 151 thoughts and opinions.
Chr0nicQueen
post Nov 24 2012, 10:18 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 183 084

Active Squad

A lot has changed in Pokemon over the years, and me myself being older now have not stayed in touch and up to date with all the new ones, including the show and cards. More into the games than anything.

Pokemon was the best thing to happen to me as a child and i remember the introduction to new Pokemon after the original 151, it wasn't so bad at first but increasingly grew more shameful and embarrassing with no effort in original names, or unique looks.

Some Pokemon look really awesome still but
I'm wondering others views on the changes from long ago. I think the creators should have transitioned a little more slowly, instead of so suddenly and drastically wiping out a lot of the originals in the new beginning.

And what is/are your favorite original(s), mine are Arcanine/Jolteon

--------------------
and the sun also shines upon the wicked.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Quomimi
post Nov 24 2012, 10:31 PM
Post #2

Nerd
Group Icon

Member No.: 101 034

Babys <3

I thought the change was pretty crazy. Not to say that the first 151 weren't crazy (or slightly demented...) but they've come a long way. I think my favorite was the introduction of the 3rd generation (my fav) because I grew up in that time period.

And my favorite 1st gen PKMN are Arcanine, Vaporeon, Articuno, Eevee, Ninetails, Charizard, and Horsea. ^^'
+Quote Post

Chr0nicQueen
post Nov 24 2012, 10:34 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Wolf Link @ Nov 24 2012, 07:31 PM) *
I thought the change was pretty crazy. Not to say that the first 151 weren't crazy (or slightly demented...) but they've come a long way. I think my favorite was the introduction of the 3rd generation (my fav) because I grew up in that time period.

And my favorite 1st gen PKMN are Arcanine, Vaporeon, Articuno, Eevee, Ninetails, Charizard, and Horsea. ^^'

ninetails was beasty, and charizard a given :p Dragonaire was also bad ass. Not sure which were in third gen, i think i was still somewhat involved then but grew up mostly with the originals.
Loved chikorita with 2nd gen though. And that certain dark cat pokemon not sure its name but rocked in the games.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Quomimi
post Nov 24 2012, 10:42 PM
Post #4

Nerd
Group Icon

Member No.: 101 034

Babys <3

QUOTE(Chr0nicQueen @ Nov 24 2012, 10:34 PM) *
QUOTE(Wolf Link @ Nov 24 2012, 07:31 PM) *

ninetails was beasty, and charizard a given :p Dragonaire was also bad ass. Not sure which were in third gen, i think i was still somewhat involved then but grew up mostly with the originals.
Loved chikorita with 2nd gen though. And that certain dark cat pokemon not sure its name but rocked in the games.

Umbreon, possibly?And I couldn't count all the Pokemon I like in Hoenn. xD
+Quote Post

Giraffe A Laugh
post Nov 24 2012, 10:44 PM
Post #5

That one laughing Giraffe
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 66 646

Active Squad

It was actually about a month or so after Pokemon came out in Canada that I even found out about it xp
Needless to say, it was a really addicting thing, and growing very quickly, I loved each and every pokemon from the first gen, and when the second gen came along, I fell in love with them again. (more than likely because of Girafarig)

as for how the anime itself goes, I love it to bits, although I think it'd be pretty damn awesome if future episodes/seasons would get rid of ash for good.
It'd just make the whole thing more refreshing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-X03D3tSVU

Although it's just a bw2 animated trailer, if the anime were to start off fresh with new characters and such, I'm sure the show would rise up again.

my favourite gen 1 pokemon are, Vaporeon, Clefairy, Sandslash, Slowbro and Dewgong xp

This post has been edited by Giraffe A Laugh: Nov 24 2012, 10:46 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Chr0nicQueen
post Nov 24 2012, 10:56 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

it was refreshing to get the new Pokemon no doubt after the same for so long,
after 2nd gen i didnt follow it much sadly
have tried watching the show a few times in the recent past but i find it to be quite immature now, im not sure if it was always so childish and just being a child i didnt notice but it really seems to be made for young young younggg children now, the anime art itself is very appealing but i felt like i was losing brain cells trying to actually watch the show itself.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Nov 25 2012, 03:11 AM
Post #7

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

Come on, I would think double posting was the easiest rule to follow :'|

--------------------
+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Nov 25 2012, 05:05 AM
Post #8

Mistress of Nothing In Particular!
Group Icon

Member No.: 178 365

Adelaide Robinson

Dat Golden Age fallacy...

I like a lot of how the newer-gen Pokémon look a lot more than some of the older ones (Fearow in particular stalked my nightmares as a wee'un). Maybe I'm in a minority here, but I think there's a lot to be said for the newer ones, especially Durant (yeah, I'm... odd like that) and Cinccino.

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

Something to give you hope.
+Quote Post

purple umbreon
post Nov 25 2012, 06:13 AM
Post #9

How is it like to have a family?
Group Icon

Member No.: 155 777

my favorite team

I don't know. I still love the first 2 generation pokemon. Not all of them but most of them. With newer generations, originality went away and the pokemon started to look stupid. There are still some awesome pokemon in newer generations but not so much as in the onlder ones. I'm talking about the looks now. But newer generations made some original and awesome type combinations. We get some cool new attacks and abilities too.

My favorite first gen pokemon are: dratini, dragonair, mew, charizard, vulpix, ninetails, eevee, vaporeon, flareon, lapras, dewgong, pikachu, meowth, persian, ponyta, rapidash, horsea, articuno, moltres
I know, that is alot of pokemon but I just love so many of them.

--------------------

Click to see my gallery

other stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

SilverLugia456
post Nov 26 2012, 02:46 AM
Post #10

None
Group Icon

Member No.: 102 120

Top Favorites

I really have grown to like all the generations but i remember back to the original 151 back then my favorites out of those were Charizard, Lapras, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Mew, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Dragonair, Ponyta, Rapidash and Dewgong, there were a few more but those were the top ones I like. But thinking back to them I also think of how far pokemon has come since then and stuff.

--------------------

Visit my youtube Page: SilverLugia345

GPXplus Groups Joined (click to show)

Contest Ribbons and Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Nov 26 2012, 08:36 AM
Post #11

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

Rankings:
1. Black and White
2. Gold and Silver
3. Diamond and Pearl
4. Red and Blue
5. Ruby and Sapphire

My favourites (this week) from 'Red and Blue' include Hitmonlee, Kangaskhan, Staryu, Magmar, and Ditto.

--------------------
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Nov 26 2012, 09:59 AM
Post #12

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

I actually think the Pokemon keep getting better as the franchise progresses, and I love seeing the new Pokemon each Generation cycle.

Gen 1 Pokemon are very basic and generic to me. I like Snorlax, Lickitung, Slowbro, Venusaur, Clefable, and Gengar, but holy crap, that's 6 out of 151 that I'll go out of my way to play with, and even with Lickitung, I evolve him every time. With Gen 5, I was lamenting not having enough party slots to use the Pokemon I wanted because they were all so cool, including Vanilluxe and Garbodor.

I'm going to be perfectly frank here: I don't understand what was so imaginative about half the gen 1 Pokemon.

Magnet ball -> 3 Magnet balls
Generic face mole -> 3 Generic face moles
Pile of slime -> Big pile of slime
Striped dog -> Bigger striped dog
Small bird -> Medium bird -> Big bird
Crab -> Big crab
Fire horse -> Fire horse with a horn
Poliwag into Poliwhirl is fine, but Poliwhirl evolves into the same thing...with an angry face.

People complain about Vanilluxe a lot, but forget about those gems. I don't mind people wearing their nostalgia glasses, but it bothers me a bit when they glue them to their faces. Hell, I don't even mind the fact that they're generic. I just don't like people complaining that newer Pokemon are, and suck for that reason, when these ones are supposed to be "strokes of creative genius". We've got kickboxing chickens, landsharks, and volcano camels. I find it hard to believe that a dragon with fire on his tail or a fox with more than one tail is the pinnacle of success.

Gen 1 was definitely awesome starting out, but I don't think it stands up to what we have obtained along the road all that well, IMO.

Don't even get me started on the cries. They need to update the old ones. Hardcore. They can have the same rhythms, for sure, but they need to be boosted past computer bleeps at least into the Gen 3 cry sophistication range.

This sounds angry, but it's not. It really isn't, I promise. I'm more confused than anything.

EDIT: I agree with Giraffe A Laugh. Ash and Pikachu need to go at this point. His Pikachu is such a Mary Sue I don't know what to do, and Ash is too dumb to live. I'd love to see Hilbert or Nate take over. Have N take over as the protagonist, even.

This post has been edited by Indoor Survival: Nov 26 2012, 10:06 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Chrome
post Nov 26 2012, 11:01 AM
Post #13

Catch me if you can.
Group Icon

Member No.: 168 510

Active Squad

I'm not a huge fan of the newer generations, original 151 Pokemon are really cool looking.
Black and White are just....ugly....but generations before that were pretty decent.

My favorite pokemon is Latios by the way haha, I can't get enough of that jet plane looking Pokemon.

--------------------

↓ These shiny Pokemon wants you to click these ↓

GPX+ Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

nicolisaur
post Feb 4 2013, 01:17 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 189 950

Active Squad

My favorites are Eevee, Pikachu, and Mew grin.gif
+Quote Post

Rad Beoulve
post Feb 4 2013, 11:43 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 86 836

Active Squad

I'm partial to Articuno. This majestic-looking bird grabbed my interest from Gen 1 all the way to current generations. Such a beautiful legendary.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Btalen
post Feb 6 2013, 10:58 AM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 189 107

Favorites

I remember when Gen 1 came out, and I have never been able to pick a favorite. Bulbasaur, Vulpix, Ponyta, Mew, Articuno, Vaporeon, Rhyhorn, Dratini and Dragonair, and Lapras have always been some of my Gen 1 favorites. I'd say if I HAD to pick one... No... Can't.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Chr0nicQueen
post Mar 23 2016, 01:01 PM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Just started using GPX again after a few years and remembered i had a forum happy.gif Thank you all for your wonderful replies i really enjoyed reading them. I would reply individually, but then i would be here for hours on one topic XD

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 11:57 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.