Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
What's your favorite Starter? :D, [we have a least favorite topic, so this is only expected]
AregularFrankief...
post Nov 28 2019, 04:55 PM
Post #1

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

Might as well go by Generations here for my own response!

Gen 1: Tie between Bulbasaur/Squirtle I guess. Oversaturation of Kanto starters in X/Y kind of bogged me down, but I loved using Blastoise and Venusaur in tandem in LeafGreen way back when.

Gen 2: Totodile, hands-down. Although, I've rotated through all three in playthroughs before.

Gen 3: Torchic, if only because Blaziken was the strongest member of my team in Emerald and even though I was a kid who had little idea of what he was doing I had a lot of fun with that game. I used a Blaziken in my first runthrough of AS in homage to my Emerald team [which in the end was composed of Blaziken, Bellossom, and Wailord haha].

Gen 4: Piplup! Unfortunately I sold my childhood Diamond cartridge last year or so because it was buggy as hell and wouldn't let me transfer my Pokemon off of it anymore + I was almost homeless at that time and was seriously strapped for cash, and also didn't want to sell my SoulSilver version.

Gen 5: Oshawott. happy.gif So far, this is my only surviving starter from older games besides Blaziken [wasn't able to get around to cracking open my 3DS and attempting to reconnect it to WiFi for around a year and a half, ergo my Bank subscription expired], and he's now sitting comfortably in a PC box in my X cartridge.

Gen 6: Fennekin! Used this in X and got pretty attached to the resulting Delphox.

Gen 7 [oh gosh, I forgot Gen 7 even existed for a hot minute]: I guess Litten, since A) it's a cute little cat and B) it's the only starter from this Gen I've ever actually used in-game. Honestly, I didn't care for Alola as a region and never bothered to finish Moon. Although, I did reach the last Trial Captain.

Gen 8: My opinion here is based off design alone, seeing as how it's unlikely I'll ever play a Switch Pokemon title due to not being able to justify the cost of a $200 system, $40-60 games, and tax. I like Sobble's final evolution in that respect. Also, on a not-really-related note I appreciate the fact that Cinderace apparently isn't yet another Fire/Fighting. Overall I don't have too much to say about these starters.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post Dec 12 2019, 01:41 PM
Post #2

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 145 828

HEROES

I can say my favorite starter from all is Totodile, but let me do this by regions/gens:

GEN 1: Squirtle, it's a cute little turtle and evolves into a powerful monster. I also love Venusaur and use it pretty frequently but I can't help being tired of seing Charizard on every game, getting more power ups than everyone.

GEN 2: Totodile ofc

GEN 3: Treecko just because it's shiny is gorgeous

GEN 4: Piplup maybe, but I love them all. This gen had very good starters!

GEN 5: Oh gosh...Oshawott? Yeah, Oshawott and Snivy.

GEN 6: Fennekin!!!

GEN 7: Rowlet, the cutest owl in the world. I love it so much <3

GEN 8: Based on designs, Scorbunny. I mean, I like all the baby forms but when they evolve, ugh. I only like Cinderace and that middle evo which name I don't know yet.

--------------------

•TRINKET TRADING PLACE•||FC: 4055-4266-5767
POKEMON SHINY HUNTER//XY; ORAS; SUMO; USUM

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Mutant
post Jan 9 2020, 03:20 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 144 785

Rubber Ducky

Since we are collectors and being a system makes it hard to pick one starter, we usually wind up having all starters between our games. But in general:

Gen 1: Bulbasaur, hands down! Our first intro to Kanto was LeafGreen so we've grown attached to them, and them being the more unpopular starter at least when we were growing up made us like them more. Honestly love of frogs and dinosaurs is probably what makes us love this little guy the most, and although unfortunately our LeafGreen cart broke but if we were to get a new one we might do a run where we keep ours as a Bulbasaur.

Gen 2: Cyndaquil but it comes really close and honestly I think this is one we disagree on. Totodile and Chikorita also come really close, but Cyndaquil has more nostalgia value because we had a DVD with the episode where Ash got a Cyndaquil. Our love for our Typhlosion was also strong enough that it's name, Blitz, we remember being the name we used in laser tag at one point.

Gen 3: Mudkip!! This might be the favorite starter overall, tied with Oshawott. Mudkip was our go to starter in our first game, Emerald, and also the Pokemon we played as in PMD, and there's not much else I can say besides "huge part of childhood, love that little mud fish". Fun fact our high school had a meme day for spirit week a year back and we went as the "So I Herd U Leik Mudkipz" meme, complete with our Mudkip plushie.

Gen 4: Genuinely can't pick, all of them are good! I think our first run through we picked Pipulup, but now it's like in our Diamond we have Piplup, Pearl is Chimchar, and Platinum is Turtwig and we love all of them. It might also be in part because I think we've been all three of them in PMD3 from replay after replay.

Gen 5: Oshawott!! Again, probably an overall favorite tied with Mudkip, it also comes from going by "Dewotter" for a few years and our first Pokesona being an Oshawott. I don't actually know why we like Oshawott so much, I think it came from an inside joke with a friend when Black and White came out? The others are also ones we also love a lot, especially since gen 5 the first generation we were most involved in the Pokemon fandom.

Gen 6: Fennekin, definitely! Not as big on too many of the other starters, and I love the witch theme with the final evolution. Unfortunately this was the year where our love of Pokemon started to dip, as we started to struggle with mental health issues and a loss of interest, so our passion for these Pokemon aren't as strong.

Gen 7: Popplio! This might be because we love sea mammals, but honestly the second we saw Popplio it was like "yes, that's the one". A lot of the general dislike they got when it was first announced also made us grow more attached to them.

Gen 8: Grookey, but actually in our Shield run through we kept ours at the first stage because we're not so big on the final stages ;w; A lot of our love for this guy comes from the one we had in our playthrough, we named ours "Furby" and wound up getting attached haha. This also seems to be the gen where our passion for Pokemon is getting higher, so I feel like in the future we could look back at Grookey with extreme fondness

--------------------
Anomaly
Multiple System | They/Them

+Quote Post

Trainer Bren
post Jan 11 2020, 04:02 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 258 576

faves

I usually choose the water of every gen, unless it's like super ugly or looks like an animal I don't like lol

--------------------
+Quote Post

Runaryu
post Jan 13 2020, 01:48 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 258 579

favs

I'm in the kids who started with RB and love edgy dragons group, so naturally it's Charmander.

--------------------
+Quote Post

NymNym
post Jan 22 2020, 05:12 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 48 757

Role Play Pokemon

Gen 1: Bulbasaur
Gen 2: Totodile
Gen 3: Mudkip
Gen 4: Piplup? I'm not a fan of any of the three tbh
Gen 5: Snivy
Gen 6: Fennekin if I have to pick -- I'm not a fan of all three
Gen 7: Litten
Gen 8: Scorbunny

--------------------

Please click my eggs! If you do, I'll click yours~

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 02:51 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.